Random Politics & Religion #02

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 38 39 40
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-19 15:20:52  
That article also states that for every 39 that fold 40 enter the market to replace them. Also states that impact to profits is due to a large influx of new customers who actually use insurance because they have it. Which also indicates that profitably will stabilize in the future.

I know this can be hard to understand but insurance companies only make money when their customers aren't using their services.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-19 15:31:33  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I know this can be hard to understand but insurance companies only make money when their customers aren't using their services.

So you're not obtuse, but say things like this is a good thing.

Quote:
HHS says 39 health insurers left a marketplace for 2016 coverage while 40 entered one.

You call that business success.. Wow..

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Also states that impact to profits is due to a large influx of new customers who actually use insurance because they have it.

I think we have different ideas about what "insurance" means. I know in this day an age it is being construed as a service that is meant to be used. Back in the day it was there "incase" it needed to be used.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-19 15:40:26  
You clearly can't accept the information based on who is the messenger. Reassess my post in the order you quoted it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-19 15:43:22  
Altimaomega said: »
You call that business success.. Wow..

No that's called a healthy industry.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-19 16:25:26  
Ramyrez said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm like a samurai irl,
I'm not sure you're entirely clear on how samurai worked.
Samurai is a caste. Not a job.

Can't have a caste without reproduction. Samurai women were fighters as well, but didn't ride off to war. They were involved in home defense. Their favorite weapon was the naginata, a glave like polearm.

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-19 17:02:17  
The lack of capacity for metaphor on the internet never ceases to surprise me
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-19 17:54:03  
I voted!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-04-19 18:29:42  
Grumpy Cat said: »
I voted!

Congrats! Now prepare for disappointment when you learn your vote means nothing.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-19 18:36:52  
Bahamut.Omael said: »
I voted!

Congrats! Now prepare for disappointment when you learn your vote means nothing.

It does mean something though. It means I can feel slightly more justified when bitching about the govmint than when I had never voted!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-04-19 18:59:06  
I voted!

It does mean something though. It means I can feel slightly more justified when bitching about the govmint than when I had never voted!

Fair enough. It loses it's appeal after four or five elections, so watch out for that.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-19 21:29:58  
Looks like Trump is going to crush Cruz in New York by over 40 points, so whatever "momentum" Cruz had gotten from his backdoor dealings to earn a few delegates is gone.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-04-19 23:53:20  

Good ole' racist Hillary is out pandering again. It is difficult to watch. I dislike her immensely and it still makes me uncomfortable for her. Awkward does not even begin to describe it.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-04-20 06:53:30  
I voted!

You did it wrong, bernie was supposed to win.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-20 07:42:18  
Pretty sure if independents could vote Sanders would have won this one too. Clinton was supposed to win her state by landslide and instead she only gained 30 delegates..
I don't know why newspapers keep calling for Sanders to retire; sure he lost, but not that much, especially considering there's Penny ahead.

On the other side though I dunno what Cruz is doing lol. It's almost a sure thing Trump is going to win the numbers, and even if he doesn't reach the minimum required for the nomination and they go to the convention, Cruz surely isn't the one they'll pick either.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-04-20 07:44:04  
Pretty sure if independents could vote Sanders would have won this one too. Clinton was supposed to win her state by landslide and instead she only gained 30 delegates..
I don't know why newspapers keep calling for Sanders to retire; sure he lost, but not that much, especially considering there's Penny ahead.

On the other side though I dunno what Cruz is doing lol. It's almost a sure thing Trump is going to win the numbers, and even if he doesn't reach the minimum required for the nomination and they go to the convention, Cruz surely isn't the one they'll pick either.

Probably what he's told.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-20 07:46:18  
By whom? God?
By Jetackuu 2016-04-20 07:52:10  
By whom? God?

The money.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-20 07:59:24  

Everything hinges on a brokered convention, and part of that is based on how close Trump is when it happens.

If Trump is only like 100 away from the nomination, he'll probably get it anyway.

If Trump isn't that close, but Cruz is still lagging behind, then Kasich is their most likely choice.

Cruz's battle plan has to be "Keep Trump from getting any closer, but put up a good enough showing that I'm a credible candidate". This plan is foolishness for the reason you point out; he's loathed, and his path always had to involve getting the nomination outright. The most he can do now is damage Trump and hope the ensuing chaos gets him some kind of advantage moving forward.

Truth be told though, none of this matters; just looking at the math, Trump will have the delegates by the convention, or he will be so close that brokering him out will cause the party to implode.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-20 09:22:38  
Trump v. Clinton, the stay at home election of the century.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-04-20 09:37:23  
Stay tuned for Cruz getting slaughtered in the rest of the Northeast.

Cruz' battle plan hinges completely on disgust for Trump being so overwhelming that he becomes viable on the second or third ballots cast at the convention and Kaisch needs the stars to align where both Trump and Cruz fail to get the magic delegate count.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-20 09:44:38  
It wasn't to be taken literally anyway. I also don't ride a horse and don't work as bodyguard for anyone.

Point was different. But anyway.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Ramyrez said: »
I'm not sure you're entirely clear on how samurai worked.

There were female warriors though, onna-bugeisha

I was just trying to make a "no girls allowed" joke. You people are complete and utter party crappers.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-20 09:47:13  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Samurai is a caste. Not a job.

Can't have a caste without reproduction. Samurai women were fighters as well, but didn't ride off to war. They were involved in home defense. Their favorite weapon was the naginata, a glave like polearm.

Can't edit, but you too, Chanti.

Everyone all up in my samurai business is all like:
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-20 09:53:27  
It's a forum for a Japanese game with a high nerd ratio. Samurai are srs bsns.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-04-20 09:57:27  
He looks like a young John Oliver lol
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-20 10:06:14  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

*checks his credentials*

Says here I've got professional training in the field and I can make inaccurate jokes whenever I want!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-20 10:13:11  
My take aways from the NY primary.

How'd that New York values work for you Cruz? Want to tell us about California values?

The only district that Trump lost was his own.

What happened to the days when south of Albany everyone registered democrat and everyone from Albany to the north and west registered republican? It was all about being able to vote in the primaries.

I voted!
My view exactly Grumpy, and congrats!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-04-20 10:24:43  

Skillchain: Truth
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-20 10:33:07  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Skillchain: Truth

Please. "Renkei" is the term we use to try to impress the Japanese player base with our elementary knowledge of their terms and culture.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-04-20 11:09:43  

Cause he loses more than he wins ! That is why he should quit.
By fonewear 2016-04-20 11:14:38  
Trump v. Clinton, the stay at home election of the century.

Couldn't you say that about every election though ?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 38 39 40