Random Politics & Religion #02

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40
By fonewear 2016-04-23 16:24:12  
Yzzerdd said: »
Let's start a thread called Arguments and then everyone can just argue against why the previous poster is totally incorrect, and why they're absolutely right. It can be an angry random thoughts thread!

I'll start the crazy:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Altimaomega 2016-04-23 16:26:01  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Which I am for even bothering to respond to him in the first place tbh.
I don't know why a lot of people don't just block a lot of people and/or stop responding to them.

I shouldn't have to block people, I mean I should do it but really it shouldn't get to that point.

Damn near everyone of Floppys posts is directed at me rather I am engaging him or not. They are mostly just random unclear insults and some form of attacking most would call trolling. I thought mods whole jobs was to put a stop to that?
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-23 16:39:11  
ENOUGH.

I've locked this thread for now. A few points:

- Mods don't just patrol looking for things to do. There's too many threads for that, and this isn't a paying job. Use the report function.

- STOP COMING TO ME DIRECTLY AS YOUR FIRST OPTION. This is infuriating as hell and both sides do it. If you haven't reported something, and you haven't talked to the mods, I am completely uninterested in your problem. If you've talked to the greens and they can't or won't help you, then fine, that's what I'm here for, but I'm sick of being dragged into every pissing contest.

I'm so, so tired of this crap:

Altimaomega said: »
Nice, lets delete all my posts and leave all the ones attacking me. So much for the New and Improved P&R.

Your post wasn't even the first one deleted, but the responses to the deleted one were also nuked, because that's how thread cleanup has always been done. Put the victim card back in the deck. You didn't even attempt to go through the proper channels, so I don't know why you think you have a valid complaint here.

As for the "new and improved P&R", it was an experiment.The problem has been that it was meant to have more frequent topicbans to rein in behavior (since they weren't as potent), but that hasn't happened. The answer is clearly more topicbans, so please look forward to it.

Clearly something's gotta change, but honestly? I'm sick of this section being responsible for pretty much all of my available "AH" time. People can't stay civil for more than a day, it seems, so you tell me what the point of keeping this thing open is.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-23 16:46:29  
As an addendum, apparently AO did report the that started today's explosion. So, that's good! I assumed from the PM I got that hadn't been the case. Mea culpa. But it makes me wonder what the complaint is, if the report was addressed?

Anyway, consider this an active solicitation for feedback, specifically: if people can't behave, why keep this open? Because while it's convenient to point at a handful of troublemakers, almost everyone slings some mud. I don't really see the point.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40