Evidence For God. Really?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Evidence for God. Really?
Evidence for God. Really?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2010-06-05 02:55:48  
You are all gay and your opinions are worthless, No one cares and or even reads what most of you people believe, I know I didn't read the whole 6+ pages of another HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE religion crap and just jump a head and posted this.

This is the interwebs after all.

Thank you and good bye, I'am going to watch Stargate.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 02:57:57  
Asura.Israfel said:
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
The definition of Atheism is "Lack of belief..."

Do I need to define "Lack" <.<;
There's a difference between Ignorance and Lack of Belief, but you go ahead and keep thinking you're awesome :D /pat-pat
So then all athiests are automatically ignorant?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 03:02:43  
Also I'd like to go on record as noting that the belief in god is even more archaic then witch craft, that we are the center of the universe, or that a comet appearing in the sky is harbinger of death..

Last I checked, witch craft doesn't work, we are FAAAAAAR from the center of the universe, and plenty of comets have came and went with minimal (if any) effects on us.

Just HOW this belief has survived is beyond me, and actually stuns me... But it has..

For anyone who still believes in the ***, how is your god right, but all the others are wrong? The majority of religions are contradictory.. There can be only one god, so what makes the one you pray to 'right' or actually exist, but everyone else's wrong? Can you even give me a STRAIGHT logical answer to that one? No, honestly, can you?
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-05 03:05:04  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Asura.Israfel said:

There's a difference between Ignorance and Lack of Belief, but you go ahead and keep thinking you're awesome :D /pat-pat
So then all atheists are automatically ignorant?

read the rest of thread before you make wild assumptions, it was turned the other way earlier.

Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-05 03:06:44  
Also I'd like to go on record as noting that the belief in god is even more archaic then witch craft, that we are the center of the universe, or that a comet appearing in the sky is harbinger of death..

Last I checked, witch craft doesn't work, we are FAAAAAAR from the center of the universe, and plenty of comets have came and went with minimal (if any) effects on us.

Yes we are, but you still sound quite ignorant to the rest of the discussion.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 03:08:02  
Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
Asura.Israfel said:

read the rest of thread before you make wild assumptions, it was turned the other way earlier.

I don't need to pour over every detail to see where this thread is going.. Believers go to the right side of the room, all Non-believers go to the left, no hitting biting, no hitting below the belt, GO!

Like this thread is so much different from the hundreds of thousands that have already been posted on plenty of other forums.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-05 03:09:06  
Asura.Israfel said:

I don't need to pour over every detail to see where this thread is going.. Believers go to the right side of the room, all Non-believers go to the left, no hitting biting, no hitting below the belt, GO!

Like this thread is so much different from the hundreds of thousands that have already been posted on plenty of other forums.

It isn't really but the thought you just had did.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 03:11:16  

I'm not the one that believes a magical man in the sky watches everything I do. Also, I'm not sure what side you stand on the issue, but if you're bothering to quote and reply to me directly, I'm going to assume it's the opposite of me.. I'm sorry I don't feel like going over 7 pages of the same old ***. My view point on the subject will change 0 if I were actually to read the thread, and as I pointed out, this thread is no different then 100,000 others already out there.

Oh BTW, yes we are what? Nothing I said could have been responded to with 'yes we are'
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 03:14:11  
Keep in mind that a belief implies having a choice in what one determines to be truthful or otherwise confidence in a particular set of circumstances that may or may not be true in a tangible sense.

Ignorance is simply not knowing better.

Hopefully this clears up the whole "atheist" loophole everyone keeps going after like a dog chasing it's own tail.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-05 03:15:03  

I'm not the one that believes a magical man in the sky watches everything I do. Also, I'm not sure what side you stand on the issue, but if you're bothering to quote and reply to me directly, I'm going to assume it's the opposite of me.. I'm sorry I don't feel like going over 7 pages of the same old ***. My view point on the subject will change 0 if I were actually to read the thread, and as I pointed out, this thread is no different then 100,000 others already out there.

Congratulations on 0 contribution, on 0 points of making sense. So far you have done nothing but waste time, congratulations lol! You have become officially useless lol!
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 03:18:31  
How about you let the guy say his piece instead of getting overly defensive over absolutely nothing and resorting to childish insults?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-06-05 03:20:13  
I don't believe in god.

No belief there.

I believe that I don't believe in god.

There is a belief!

Fallacious. Misdirecting the point of the word. Theism is not simply belief, it's belief in the existence of a deity or deified concept. Atheism is therefore not believing in the existence of a deity or deified concept.

I can believe I'm an orange without being a theist. I could similarly not believe I'm an orange without being an atheist. Theism is not withholding the ability to believe.

Further, "I believe that I don't believe in God." is likely an inaccurate statement when most people make it. It holds that the following statement is an opinion or non-factual statement, when in reality, it most likely is a factual statement.

For example, "I don't believe in God." If this statement is actually truthful, the statement is then a fact. It argues not the existence of God, merely my opinion on it. The statement alludes to an opinion, but that I don't believe is a fact.

Therefore, "I believe that I don't believe in God." would be like saying, "It is my opinion that my opinion is that God doesn't exist."

You confuse and misdirect by using belief in two formats while supplying they are the same. The first format is likely incorrect, unless the person is truly unsure of whether or not they actually do or do not believe. Most people don't form opinions of what their opinions are, they merely have them.

I'm not arguing that atheism is any different from theism in the sense that it's made from the same place: no one can truly be certain because there is no obvious, quantitative answer.

I hardly care what a person believes, so long as they come by that belief by some semblance of logic, even if I don't agree with where they end that train of thought. But if I hear one more person say, "Well, my family is..." or "I was raised..."

In the end, the hangup for me is gnosticism. Whether someone holds their opinion as a belief or as a surety.

So yes, you can say that atheism is held, responsibly, by those who are agnostic, that is to say, they do not claim to know that there is no God, but that they do no believe in him. And I would say these people are at least as sensible as the same side of the opposite coin: agnostic theism. That is, believing in God without claiming to know for certain there is one.

The side of both coins I dislike, however, are those who claim to be gnostic. Those who claim to know there is or isn't a God. Because unless you know something the rest of us don't, you do not know, you merely speculate.

Which is why threads like these are fine for discussion, but will never go anywhere because those who are gnostic have arrived at their answer from the get-go. An open mind doesn't mean a lack of conviction, it means acknowledgement of the possibility that you are wrong. Not that you'll change your mind at the first idea that comes along, but rather, at the first idea that disproves your idea. Holding on beyond that is closed-mindedness.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 03:20:36  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Keep in mind that a belief implies having a choice in what one determines to be truthful or otherwise confidence in a particular set of circumstances that may or may not be true in a tangible sense.

Hopefully this clears up the whole "atheist" loophole everyone keeps going after like a dog chasing it's own tail.

It won't.. Here's why, those who believe think we simply 'don't know of the glory of god' (for the most part anyways, when I tell a Christian I don't believe in god, they proceed to tell me all about god and jesus and all this other *** I could give a flying *** about)

The fact of the matter is, I was Christian, I looked at everything subjectively after being a practicing Christian for years upon years and I started to notice things didn't make sense..

Rather then be the typical follower and say 'well that don't make sense, must be part of god's plan' or 'he put this scripture here to make me think and contemplate' I saw it for what it is.. ***.. The Bible is filled with hypocrosies, impossibilities and general ***.. They eat it up, as it 'proves' how powerful their god is..
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 03:22:20  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
How about you let the guy say his piece instead of getting overly defensive over absolutely nothing and resorting to childish insults?

Oh you can let it go dude, I expected as much when I decided to ever post in here.. If I started quoting The Bible and actually point stuff out, I'd still get the same reaction.

Thanks though, if it means anything to you, I appreciate the fact that you aren't just a troll, unlike some.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-05 03:28:24  
Shiva.Weewoo said:

It won't.. Here's why, those who believe think we simply 'don't know of the glory of god' (for the most part anyways, when I tell a Christian I don't believe in god, they proceed to tell me all about god and jesus and all this other *** I could give a flying *** about)

The fact of the matter is, I was Christian, I looked at everything subjectively after being a practicing Christian for years upon years and I started to notice things didn't make sense..

Rather then be the typical follower and say 'well that don't make sense, must be part of god's plan' or 'he put this scripture here to make me think and contemplate' I saw it for what it is.. ***.. The Bible is filled with hypocrisies, impossibilities and general ***.. They eat it up, as it 'proves' how powerful their god is..

Congratulations on being capable of forming an opinion. I give you a gold star. Actually I've never gone to church or believed in any religion.

I still find what you say to be hypocritical. Yes the bible is full of ridiculous stories, but they are morally valuable stories. Yes it sounds ridiculous, but doesn't mean you need to rip on everyone that has a bit of faith?

Many atheists seem to believe that they must prove religion wrong. Fine, don't believe no one cares, believe in your "non belief" but don't push it on others.

That's where the problem is, many atheists do that, then further proving they believe, then they still attempt to belittle others. It's sad really.

If you're atheist why do you care if someone has happiness in believing something else? Let them go about their business and be happy then you go about your business.

We will still all find out the day we die, so give it up and live as best you can already!!!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 03:40:31  
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Rather then be the typical follower and say 'well that don't make sense, must be part of god's plan' or 'he put this scripture here to make me think and contemplate' I saw it for what it is.. ***.. The Bible is filled with hypocrosies, impossibilities and general ***.. They eat it up, as it 'proves' how powerful their god is..

Congratulations on being capable of forming an opinion. I give you a gold star. Actually I've never gone to church or believed in any religion.

I still find what you say to be hypocritical. Yes the bible is full of ridiculous stories, but they are morally valuable stories. Yes it sound ridiculous, but does that mean you need to rip on everyone that has a bit of faith?

Many atheists seem to believe that they must prove religion wrong. Fine, don't believe no one cares, believe in your "non belief" but don't push it on others.

That's where the problem is, many atheists do that, then further proving the believe, then still attempting to belittle others. It's sad really.

If you're atheist why do you care if someone has happiness in believing something else? Let them go about their business and be happy then you go about your business.

We will still all find out the day we day, so give it up and live as best you can already!!!

I'd like you to go through my posts and point out where I 'cared' whether someone believed in god or not.. Granted ONE post could be construed that way, but am I not to have an opinion on the matter simply because I don't believe in a god? Is it okay for everyone who believes to weigh in, but not me?

You know how many Christians I encounter who think it's their duty to 'save me' even though it says multiple times throughout their book it's not their place to judge? For the exact reason that it can't be proved (which I've stated) one way or another, I generally don't get into these 'discussions' (although it usually only ends up being one person trying to convert another to their religion, or lack of one)

I weigh in only when someone makes a completely ridiculous statement, and if you think I only 'downtalk' Christians, you're sorely mistaken.

Actually from my own experiences, your statement is *** backwards, I've not met too many atheists who go out of their way to stir up a religion debate, however, Christians seem to thrive on it, and will bring it up in every form or fashion for whatever reason.. They also tend to be quite ignorant of other religions.. Try coming to Texas and wearing a pentacle necklace, watch how many believe that to be 'of the devil'.

Also, as long as it doesn't effect me, I don't give a ***what makes someone happy, but there's another place where Christianity is in the hot seat... Why should they care if someone is gay? It's not effecting them any, yet they sure love to weigh in on how wrong it is.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 03:40:47  
Actually, outside this forum, I haven't seen any atheists pushing anything down anyone's throat. Although I must say finding Jesus freaks that say everyone who doesn't believe in the lord is going to hell is a much more common happenstance.

With that aside, the reason atheists tend to get frustrated is because many religious followers (not all) conflict with conventional logic and understanding that a worldwide society has followed for centuries. Not to mention it's severe interference with not only judicial but legislative powers as well determining laws and rules that create an absolution that millions have to live under simply because someone finds something immoral because their deity/religious community says so.

Wouldn't you be pissed if video games were banned from the US because Oprah determined them to be evil devices and dictated this through widespread influence to a vast majority of voters? An extreme example, but one that stands nonetheless.

The conventional logic is followed for nearly everything for a very good reason. In the court of law, reasonable doubt and a lack of tangible evidence is grounds for freeing a defendant or suspect because a lack of tangible evidence can't hold him to a crime that cannot be proven. We can't turn around and arrest him simply because we can't prove that he didn't rape/murder someone etc.

Obligatory IMO to prevent incoming flaming posts
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lodo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lodo
By Carbuncle.Lodo 2010-06-05 03:56:28  

Do you need -ism defined for you?
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 04:03:14  
Gonna copypasta myself before I go to bed to bring up an important note for those who wish to continue the thread.
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Aye, it's a double edged sword because everyone takes it personally on both sides. I understand the need to defend one's faith or belief as much as the need to defend yourself phyiscally. However, from what I have learned over the years (even though I do not share any views on any existing theologies) is that religion/faith/belief etc. should specifically exist in the heart and mind of the individual.

It's when it becomes outspoken and preached that broods misinterpretation, confusion, alienating others and otherwise violent conflict and hate. Which for those reasons exactly I have turned a deaf ear to religion itself regardless of how benevolent or which dogma fits my personal set of understanding. What matters most in these kinda discussion but we so rarely see: Mutual Respect.

tl;dr: Discuss, debate... But be civil and courteous. I know that's asking a lot from the internets, but please try.
 Ramuh.Sekundes
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Sekundes 2010-06-05 04:33:51  
Oh look!
OP Disappeared again :)
I've seen that somewhere before... hmmm...
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-05 04:47:19  
Quote:
For anyone who still believes in the ***, how is your god right, but all the others are wrong? The majority of religions are contradictory.. There can be only one god, so what makes the one you pray to 'right' or actually exist, but everyone else's wrong? Can you even give me a STRAIGHT logical answer to that one? No, honestly, can you?

I'd like to see that answered myself.
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-06-05 04:55:41  
After skimming thru 7 pages of this crap...it took me a while to realise that i was on the forum of my favorite VIDEO GAME.... ? Honestly, if u dont believe in God and there is one, well, you're ***. And if you do, and there isn't one...well at least u lived a good life and contributed to soctiety in a positive way while trying to make it to heaven...
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 04:57:15  
Bismarck.Osaia said:
After skimming thru 7 pages of this crap...it took me a while to realise that i was on the forum of my favorite VIDEO GAME.... ? Honestly, if u dont believe in God and there is one, well, you're ***. And if you do, and there isn't one...well at least u lived a good life and contributed to soctiety in a positive way while trying to make it to heaven...

You know, the second part is still all possible without having to believe in God. You don't need religion to be a good person.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-05 04:59:37  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Quote:

I'd like to see that answered myself.

As a Christian, I can't answer that, we can all have a stab at it but we'd probably be way off and can only speculate lol ; ;.

Though what I would like to say is that this was written in the bible as a way to keep people on the christian faith, much like some other religions say "You'll worship no other God but me" as a way to keep members of that religion tied to that religion.

It's kinda awkward for me to find the right words for this next part, so bear with me. But I think the God I pray to has a lot to do with how I was raised. If I was raised in a Buddhist country, or by Buddhist parents, then I would more than likely be Buddhist, or if I was raised with Islamic, Zoroastrian or Jewish parents there would be the same scenario.

I would like to be able to stand up and say "Yes, my god is the only one!" But I know how foolish that is and oh so terribly narrow minded, especially when I am running on faith myself and not cold, hard fact.

I think I would be very pleased that when I die, and if there is a God I find that we've all been worshipping the same one, just we've all called it a different name :O (we can dream? haha) But at the same time, I think it's so very very wrong for people to go out and call someone else's God a false God or a devil or a heathen deity.

I hope this makes sense to you guys haha ><
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 05:06:02  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Bismarck.Osaia said:

You know, the second part is still all possible without having to believe in God. You don't need religion to be a good person.

Not sure why I was rated down on that one. Just pointing out a fact. Belief in God or following religion is not a requisite for having good will.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-05 06:29:12  
Odin.Gosuapple said:
"God is dead" -Nietsche-
"Nietsche is dead" -God-
Oh wow never thought of that. Well I'm totally convinced there is definitely a god now.

NOT! LOL
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-06-05 06:50:30  
one of these threads again
By Zekko 2010-06-05 08:16:15  
|: Why do people even make these threads?

Shiva.Weewoo said:

http://www.youseedrybones.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Real_Logic_vs_Religious_Logic.jpg

http://miscellanea.wellingtongrey.net/comics/2007-01-15-science-vs-faith.png

Obligatory IMO to prevent incoming flaming posts

I disagree slightly as some things the bible has mentioned has had truths in it.

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/b_proof.shtml

Bit generally F Religion because its just a mind control
 Asura.Lilbuttons
サーバ: Asura
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2010-06-05 08:20:00  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It's about as much of an argument as me saying

Well, you can't prove that I didn't go back in time, *** your mother, and became your father, so it's true.

This thread should've ended once Veg posted this.
 Odin.Akhilleus
サーバ: Odin
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2010-06-05 08:59:40  
God was in the supermarket yesterday buying dog food, yeah, I never knew he had a dog =/
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9