Evidence For God. Really?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Evidence for God. Really?
Evidence for God. Really?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-05 09:20:05  

what did i miss since i went to sleep, i briefly read things just seems like moar *** bickering
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-06-05 10:11:14  
... ... ... ...
 Hades.Rowec
サーバ: Hades
user: Rowec
By Hades.Rowec 2010-06-05 11:24:51  
Some funny things I've found about religion.
The bible was written by people (not god), and through the years it has been manipulated by such.

ie: Slavery. Biblical passages recognized, controlled, and regulated the practice.
The Bible permitted owners to beat their slaves severely, even to the point of killing them. However, as long as the slave lingered longer than 24 hours before dying of the abuse, the owner was not regarded as having committed a crime, because -- after all -- the slave was his property.

One of the commandments:

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

False idol, interpreted literally, is a phrase meaning a cult image or object considered idolatrous from the perspective of the speaker.

::What is at the front of every christian church, and around many followers necks? A cross.

Another point the Bible teaches forgiveness, it constantly talks about the act of forgiving and being forgiven. Yet people are so quick to condemn an atheist to hell. When in the bible it says all a person has to do is ask for forgiveness from the heart and they will be forgiven. So if you were an atheist(who died) and found yourself standing before god, you would not be completely *** lol.

The christian faith teaches that earth has the only form of life in the universe. Scientists have found fossilized bacteria on meteorites. Also, some religions believe the earth is only 10,000 years old, yet carbon dating has put this planet at around 4.5-6 billion years old.

And then there is this: "Organized religion is responsible for more deaths than all the plagues, floods, disease and any other cause all put together."

I am not an atheist; however, this is not to say you will find me in a church. I have a very strong dislike for organized religion. imo it is a cult in all forms.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-06-05 12:15:58  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
You know how many Christians I encounter who think it's their duty to 'save me' even though it says multiple times throughout their book it's not their place to judge?

If you didn't make such a spectacle of yourself to total strangers, they wouldn't even be aware of their "duty" to "save" you.

You know how many Christians I encounter who make it their "duty" to "save" me? None. I wonder why that is...

Quite frankly, my beliefs and your non-beliefs are not the world's business. If you make it the world's business, you need to learn to stop crying that people give you ***for it.
 Fairy.Muerte
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-06-05 12:27:49  
"You know how many Christians I encounter who think it's their duty to 'save me' even though it says multiple times throughout their book it's not their place to judge?"

I'd like to point out that this problem you have makes no sense. Someone is not judging you if they realize you are not of the same belief as they are. Their definition of "saving you" is to convert you. Judging you means that they pass judgment on your actions or something along the lines of "hey you're going to hell, have a nice day." These 2 things are completely separate. It's their God that is (or will) judge you, not the person. They are just trying to prevent that.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-05 12:35:06  
God came to me in a vision and told me that I am to convert those that do not wear subligars.

BELIEVE IN THE SUBLIGAR.

Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-06-05 12:38:45  
Well I don't know about you, but I believe in Koki.
 Valefor.Xiga
サーバ: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-06-05 13:16:02  
This discussion is as old as mankind and millions of ppl had to die because they believe in something else. It's not about god, it's about the institution church and religion as a powerful instrument to control ppl, an instrument that gets abused way too often. This is a fact, a quite dangerous fact.

I live in germany and there's an ongoing court case against priests that raped and tortured children over years. The institutions that call themselves philanthropic hava done things to humans I don't even wanna speak out. And this topic is present in the media (I know this ***happens everyday), because there are hundreds of victims and this problem is still up to date.

The rules, you have to live after to be part of a religion (christianity for example), are often inhumane: No sex before marriage, no condoms, no fun...just rules and abdication. But GDI, that's not life!

So the problem isn't the question if there is a deus ex machina or a god that created everything around us. The problem is the abuse of religious power that causes death and pain to millions of ppl worldwide. There's a holy war! And a holy war is a good war cause it's killing in the name of god. No further description needed......

Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-06-05 13:23:00  
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-06-05 18:43:59  
This argument has been going on for 1000s of years..

What is the point of it?

You're not going to change the other person's mind..

Unless...

The Atheist is shot in the head, lives through it, and loses half of his brain..

Or..

The Theist is on the fence..
[+]
By nzodd 2010-06-05 19:41:29  
Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
Many scientists are religious believers, so saying science is proof that religions are wrong is just ridiculous.

Honestly the more questions that get answered in every single field of science just raises more and more questions.

I will say this is my true belief: I will find out when I die.

To prove others wrong or right in terms of religious belief means nothing, until you die and find out. I live my life as best I can, I make decisions based on my morals and how I was taught. On occasion have broken my morals so I guess I sinned. But whatever I make my own choices every day and I try to make the best choice when a situation happens. Wrong or right, heaven or hell, I'll find out when I die.

Im probably supper late in this thread >.>. What fei said is my ideal of living try to live the most moral you can, but i have a problem why do alot of priest say all you have to do is believe to get into heaven. So if i went through life as a law abiding citizen helping out ppl and genrally doing what i think is right,but not believe in god will i go to hell? and vice versa i live a shity life i kill rape etc, but i believe in god will i go to heaven. That is what bother's me the most when someone preaching to me says that.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-06-05 23:05:55  
Many scientists are religious believers?

"Many" meaning 5% of them lol?
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-06-05 23:32:23  
nzodd said:
Many scientists are religious believers, so saying science is proof that religions are wrong is just ridiculous.

Honestly the more questions that get answered in every single field of science just raises more and more questions.

I will say this is my true belief: I will find out when I die.

To prove others wrong or right in terms of religious belief means nothing, until you die and find out. I live my life as best I can, I make decisions based on my morals and how I was taught. On occasion have broken my morals so I guess I sinned. But whatever I make my own choices every day and I try to make the best choice when a situation happens. Wrong or right, heaven or hell, I'll find out when I die.

Im probably supper late in this thread >.>. What fei said is my ideal of living try to live the most moral you can, but i have a problem why do alot of priest say all you have to do is believe to get into heaven. So if i went through life as a law abiding citizen helping out ppl and genrally doing what i think is right,but not believe in god will i go to hell? and vice versa i live a shity life i kill rape etc, but i believe in god will i go to heaven. That is what bother's me the most when someone preaching to me says that.

Whoever told you that was probably smoking the crack pipe beforehand. I'm certain they don't have a clue about their own religion.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-06 12:58:32  
Many scientists are religious believers

I have a task for you: Please backup this ridiculous claim.

I'm going to assume that, to you, many means "a majority" (not 700 out of 10000). Last time I checked, it was more like... seven percent of scientists who were non-believers according to polls. If you feel that 7% is many... I won't argue, because that's YOUR opinion. You're gonna enough of a hard time dealing with it yourself without anyone else needing to point out the ridicule.

Here, let me help you:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.html

If you're atheist why do you care if someone has happiness in believing something else?

For an answer to this, there is another thread called "Religion: If you don't believe in it why does it bother you?"

It has so many answers to your question that you'll probably never need to ask it again if you read carefully... :P
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-06-06 18:48:17  
To be quite frank, Psy, I'm pretty turned off by your threads primarily because of the condescending tone you take in your posts, but also because of the direction these sorts of threads seem to go in.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lodo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lodo
By Carbuncle.Lodo 2010-06-07 09:59:45  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
I have a task for you: Please backup this ridiculous claim.

I'm going to assume that, to you, many means "a majority" (not 700 out of 10000). Last time I checked, it was more like... seven percent of scientists who were non-believers according to polls. If you feel that 7% is many... I won't argue, because that's YOUR opinion. You're gonna enough of a hard time dealing with it yourself without anyone else needing to point out the ridicule.

Here, let me help you:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.html
If you're atheist why do you care if someone has happiness in believing something else?

For an answer to this, there is another thread called "Religion: If you don't believe in it why does it bother you?"

It has so many answers to your question that you'll probably never need to ask it again if you read carefully... :P

Belief in Human Immortality

Personal Belief 7.9%

Personal Disbelief 76.7%

Doubt or Agnosticism 23.3%

______

107.9%

Nice scientific post there.

Still going off of the other question- belief in personal God, 27.8% did not claim atheism, which is a large percentage of respondents and can constitute 'many'.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 19:47:15  
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-02 14:21:21  
lmao! nice pic xD

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-07-12 20:03:52  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
To be quite frank, Psy, I'm pretty turned off by your threads primarily because of the condescending tone you take in your posts, but also because of the direction these sorts of threads seem to go in.
You know the legend about Jesus' resurrection? When he comes back and one of the disciples (Thomas) doesn't want to believe until he sees proofs? And Jesus comes to him and shows him the holes in his hands? Well, the story actually makes this guy, the only scientific, rational thinker of the bunch, look like he's the pathetic one. That's just brilliant. Do you realize that this way of doubting what he hasn't seen, the kind of thinking Jesus is criticizing, is THE reason medicine and technology has advanced so much over the past century? But God made fun of that kind of thinking, for some reason.

For the first 2/3 of my life, I was brought up in a very naive and inoffensive sect. Very nice people. Nice but gullible, unfortunately. The ideal candidates for whatever money-making cult they fell for. I was raised to believe that all the people who refused to join our religion (us being the "not part of this world" people, as Jesus said) were inferior, unless they repented. I would never show it to anyone because deep inside, I was ashamed of what I was being brainwashed into viewing the "outside world" as. I was raised into being a hypocrite.

Countries under Sharia law view us as infidels, less than nothing, forcing non-believers to pay stupid taxes just to stay alive. All the other organized religions I ever looked seriously at despise the rest of the world, unless they come to God and repent. If they don't listen to the word of God, they're miserable sinners. Deep in your heart, as a Christian, you have to think in such a way, and as hard as you may try to love others as Jesus loved, etc. and stuff like that, in the end, your Christian love stops whenever someone says "screw your God... do you really believe this ***?" They're less than nothing, ready for judgment day. And you can't wait.

So... Perhaps I am being condescending towards the uneducated people who invented your beliefs back in the bronze age (thinking how much they've *** up with my planet so far, they deserve it), but I'll never be condescending towards you. You might feel that I am because you were conditioned into believing that strong disagreement with your beliefs = persecution.

In my childhood sect, our religious leaders used to remind us all the time how the world hated us for being the only right religion: Jesus said to his disciples "they will hate you because you believe in me". Christian religions like to maintain that feeling people get of being "persecuted" whenever somebody says "wtf" about what they believe. But really, they should think twice. It's an invitation to think differently.

When we atheists criticize the pertinence of your beliefs, we're just trying to get you to wake up to the fact the planet isn't going anywhere, even if we wipe ourselves out from it. It's been there for billions of years, and will be here long after we're gone. We need to take care of it because we're damn lucky to be here. We're trying to get you to stop HOPING and PRAYING for fricken APOCALYPSE to happen and help us clean the worldwide mess created by your wishful thinking over the last 4000 years.

Don't take me wrong. Atheism will certainly not save the world. But that's because it doesn't define much about what kind of person you are. However, it is a good indicator of progress in these days and age.

Suppose that God's existence was demonstrated through scientific method. Assume that numerous tests pointed to the same conclusions and not a single one of these failed (it's called: scientific method). Suppose that the scientific community, at first extremely skeptical, was positive that we were created by some kind of intelligence. Well, sure, atheists would accept the existence of a creator but that wouldn't make them believers since they wouldn't need faith.

They wouldn't believe in your Bible or Quran anyway, since that's highly unscientific. And you'd have nothing to be proud about, and we'd have nothing to be ashamed about waiting for evidence before accepting it, because until the demonstration was made, creationism was scientifically improbable and no rational person should accept improbability as fact, even if it COULD be true. Atheists are still on standby for scientific evidence of God. Although they highly doubt it'll ever happen, they WILL accept anything that can be demonstrated.

Really, who's condescending towards who? Jesus was condescending towards skeptics, apparently. Now if you don't think skepticism leads to a healthy mind, I don't know what to say anymore. Should we imprison all scientists and forget about scientific method and critical thinking just to scientifically show you that Jesus was a guy with some really bad ideas? The result could be quite catastrophic and you probably don't feel like witnessing the proof.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-13 02:09:22  
Regarding faith, I've accepted for some time that there is a difference between genuine faith and thoughtless gullibility. I am, to your probable disbelief, quite the skeptic when it comes to my own doctrinal beliefs, and use my skepticism to confirm and clarify, ensure with my own limited perspective whether or not my beliefs remain steadfast. For me that is the most superficial level of faith, yet the most difficult.

There are scientists of many different faiths, and I happen to be one of them. This is going to sound arrogant, but I probably know more of both the worlds of science and Christianity than you do, so you come off as a little foolish when I read your posts. Regardless, the entire tone of your post is, once again, painfully condescending--you've taken it upon yourself to assume my beliefs, and then judge them.

I've stated my beliefs before in previous threads:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Given that truth is that which is immutable, irrefutable, and absolute--the consummate representation of all that exists--it is undeniable that we are only aware of but a fraction of truth.

The way I've always seen it, is that faith (in the religious sense) and truth are not mutually exclusive in the way that truth and non-truth are mutually exclusive. Faith is the innate trust that there exists something beyond the physical, mental, and emotional realms--the spiritual.

Regarding different faiths, however, one must keep in mind that while each person is able to comprehend truth and faith at such a minute level, each person is limited to a singular point of view, which is--undeniably--mutable, refutable, and, at times, erroneous.

As a result, science relates to the exploration of tangible truth, while religion the exploration of spiritual truth.
Ragnarok.Anye said:
I find it of utmost importance to be honest with oneself, and seek to improve one's perspective on truth to ensure they're on the path they're truly seeking.

Having (re)stated that, I personally find it quite egotistical and foolish to look down on someone for following a different path in life.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-07-13 05:01:13  
Ragnarok.Anye said:

THANK *** HOLY CRAP, is this retard bulletta?

I SWEAR someone who *** see's what I see.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-07-13 05:09:57  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Well he can't help the direction the threads go, I mean look at most of the threads on here.

Condescending tone? Religion (specifically organized) has brought more pain to humanity than it has helped. That honestly is not an opinion you have to be a complete fool to say it has done more good. There is no reason to not treat it all nice and fluffy.

Religion did this or why not specify the middle east religions or better yet christianity. People have used religion for bad deeds or stupid massacres decades ago... and thousands of years ago.

Aztecs and mayans sacrificed women and people they captured... based on a god and eclipse of the moon.

that has nothing to do with us it happened, it happens, it probably is happening right now. Why should i care or any other religious person?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-13 11:22:10  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Well he can't help the direction the threads go, I mean look at most of the threads on here.

Condescending tone? Religion (specifically organized) has brought more pain to humanity than it has helped. That honestly is not an opinion you have to be a complete fool to say it has done more good. There is no reason to not treat it all nice and fluffy.

Religion did this or why not specify the middle east religions or better yet christianity. People have used religion for bad deeds or stupid massacres decades ago... and thousands of years ago.

Aztecs and mayans sacrificed women and people they captured... based on a god and eclipse of the moon.

that has nothing to do with us it happened, it happens, it probably is happening right now. Why should i care or any other religious person?
quit trying to rationalize it.
death,murder,rape. all that happens regardless is religion is a function or not.
also where have you been hunnybunny?
I have missed that fine backside.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-07-15 22:22:21  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

quit trying to rationalize it.
death,murder,rape. all that happens regardless is religion is a function or not.
also where have you been hunnybunny?
I have missed that fine backside.

my point was religion has nothing to do with it, the orginal poster is coming off arrogant, condesending like anye has stated also.

Do I or any other religious perosn have control over what others have done for thousands of years? Saying bad has come from religion is not an excuse to attack innocent people for what they believe in. it has nothing to do with the religion.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-08-30 00:39:01  
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Nothing about the OP particularly bashes religion. It's actually fairly logical, since too many religious people try to equate atheism with faith. It doesn't require faith to NOT believe in something, it simply requires an absence of belief.

There is no such thing as an absence of belief. Atheism is the belief that there is no supernatural being or God or afterlife. IT'S STILL A BELIEF.

When you are born what do you believe?
Nothing
 Cerberus.Inglorion
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-08-30 01:08:37  
Why are any of you even surprised these threads come up over and over?. Most Wars throughout history happened over religion, of COURSE they're going to keep coming up, and they're going to continue to come up till man kind comes to an end, people we are just simply too dumb to think rationally and we fight over things as stupid as religion. NO other creature does that but us, I mean ***, we even fight over paper. What other creature on this planet do YOU know thinks up a higher being and worships and fights over it? I think we all deserved to be wiped out due to out ignorance and uselessness, we're good for nothing but destruction, we are a cancer on this planet.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-30 01:10:33  
jetacku stop *** necrobumping every religion thread you find.
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-08-30 01:14:22  
Phoenix.Darki said:
jetacku stop *** necrobumping every religion thread you find.
Likes being in arguments? Look at the angelox thread >.>
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9