Evidence For God. Really?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Evidence for God. Really?
Evidence for God. Really?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-06-04 22:40:19  
You should go blog somewhere.
This is a FFXI website.
Not a religion discussion website.
Yeah, people post pictures, talk about other ***.
But religion fires people up.
We all know that, this was and idiotic move/thread on your part.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:40:21  
Asura.Israfel said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
lets just call them *** who make religious threads

You didn't have to post in it ya know.
I'm with Hastefeet on it though. All of Psyence's threads revolve around "Blah blah blah you're an idiot for believing in God, God doesn't exist, try to prove otherwise. Oh! and using 'faith' will make all of your arguments invalid. Then I'll wait a week or two and once I feel that it's time to piss more people off, I'll make a new thread showing in more ways how much of an egotistical *** I am."

So you feed the fire by posting? Gotcha.
I always find the never-ending debate fascinating as long as people can be civil. Although that's never easy on the internets :(
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-04 22:41:18  
And you are not exactly helping either wee, hypocrite much?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:41:19  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
You should go blog somewhere.
This is a FFXI website.
Not a religion discussion website.
Yeah, people post pictures, talk about other ***.
But religion fires people up.
We all know that, this was and idiotic move/thread on your part.

You do know there is a specific section and category for such threads right? It was made for a reason. This thread is a community, we can talk about more than just a video game if we please.
 Lakshmi.Fullen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: fullen
By Lakshmi.Fullen 2010-06-04 22:41:30  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Or you motivate that child to make something of themselves in this life because all we have is this life.

Motivation requires substance, there's never an answer to the why questions.

Everyone needs to find their own motivation, it's not something that can be forced upon you.

I'm not saying everyone should just lay down and wait to die, just that religion still serves a purpose for a lot of people.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:41:43  
Asura.Israfel said:
And you are not exactly helping either wee, hypocrite much?

Please explain or locate my hypocrisy.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-06-04 22:42:16  
Still though besides the fact.
This is a gaming website lol.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-04 22:43:21  
Wee, you come in here stating how if we don't like things we can go elsewhere and how we're 'fanning the flames' by posting, when you yourself are doing the exact same thing.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-06-04 22:43:48  
Amen.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:44:42  
Asura.Israfel said:

Edit: We don't have to post here, but we do have a right to defend our beliefs. But if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere too, y'know.

The thing is, a belief is something that should relate specifically to an individual. Although many can share the same one, a disagreement or someone else's separate perhaps even conflicting set of beliefs shouldn't be taken as a personal insult. Unfortunately the OP has yet to word himself in a sophisticated and elegant/civil manner that can make this more of a debate and discussion more so than a "NO U" fest which it has quickly become.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:45:29  
My real opinion is I'll find out when I die. Live the best way you know how and enjoy it until then.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:46:21  
Asura.Israfel said:
Wee, you come in here stating how if we don't like things we can go elsewhere and how we're 'fanning the flames' by posting, when you yourself are doing the exact same thing.

I'm posting it cause i'm fascinated and would like to contribute, which I have. However, all I have seen for the past few pages is well...

and
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-06-04 22:47:48  
Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
My real opinion is I'll find out when I die. Live the best way you know how and enjoy it until then.

QFT
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-04 22:48:27  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Israfel said:

Edit: We don't have to post here, but we do have a right to defend our beliefs. But if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere too, y'know.

The thing is, a belief is something that should relate specifically to an individual. Although many can share the same one, a disagreement or someone else's separate perhaps even conflicting set of beliefs shouldn't be taken as a personal insult. Unfortunately the OP has yet to word himself in a sophisticated and elegant/civil manner that can make this more of a debate and discussion more so than a "NO U" fest which it has quickly become.

Some of us still retain the civility to put forth our beliefs in a reasonable manner :P

I will never nevereverever berate or belittle someone for not sharing my beliefs, and rightly so. I'll never damn anyone to hell, call them heathens, sinners and so on / so forth for not sharing my views. But I dislike it when someone has the nerve to swoop in and start the "HUUURRR ur stoopid 4 beleevin in God.lol" with no other argument than 'religion is obsolete and you're all living in the dark ages. OH! brb, gotta cut and paste something I saw online to try and make my point valid"
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:48:38  

Wisest words in this thread ^^
/clap
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-06-04 22:49:23  
Now if we can get the loltrolls to follow that, we can celebrate.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-04 22:49:25  
@ Wee: If you believed in something so strongly that you'd be willing to give your life for it, wouldn't you be upset that someone would speak badly of it? just sayin'
[+]
By Mateuns 2010-06-04 22:49:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
There is such a thing of absence of belief; it's called total ignorance. If you raised a child in isolation and he never knew about death or religion and such, he would never think about it, therefore he would have an absence of belief.

Fair enough, and at least it's a logical argument. However, Atheism is a belief.
Sorry for quoting the first page. How can one believe in something with no ontology whatsoever? I do not have a belief in any god or gods. I do not believe that they don't, because that would imply I had the mental attitude that the phrase "no gods exist" is true. That is as intellectually dishonest a position as affirming the existence of a god. Atheism is not a belief so much as bald is a hair color. You're trying to define atheism such that it shifts the burden of proof. I do not believe that a god exists, but at the same time I do not know positively. Hence, I am an agnostic atheist.

It really does amaze me that people still do not know this. Semantics is a ***.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-04 22:49:45  
Time for a visit from my good old friend before this ends:
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-04 22:51:47  
Lakshmi.Fullen said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Or you motivate that child to make something of themselves in this life because all we have is this life.

Motivation requires substance, there's never an answer to the why questions.

Everyone needs to find their own motivation, it's not something that can be forced upon you.

I'm not saying everyone should just lay down and wait to die, just that religion still serves a purpose for a lot of people.

Not true in this instance. The simple answer to the why question is because we just don't know. The whole point behind faith is that you don't have the answers and you're hoping you're going down the right path by following these blind beliefs.

Motivation, like all things, comes in different forms. Sure it takes understanding (which, yes, it would be hard for a small child to understand) to think that this may be your only chance at an existence but that shouldn't stop you from trying. I wish I had listened to my parents when I was a child and taken more opportunities at being a child before I hit the ripe old age of adulthood. I missed out on a lot (damn 20/20 hindsight). That kind of thing SHOULD be forced upon a child as it is part of their learning experience as much as any schooling. However the motivation for making one's own choices further in life is up to the individual. No one should try and force their child to become a doctor or lawyer or what not. What the person does with their life after being an adult should be left up to their own choices and they will find the motivation at some point for those choices.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:52:31  
Asura.Israfel said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Israfel said:

Some of us still retain the civility to put forth our beliefs in a reasonable manner :P

I will never nevereverever berate or belittle someone for not sharing my beliefs, and rightly so. I'll never damn anyone to hell, call them heathens, sinners and so on / so forth for not sharing my views. But I dislike it when someone has the nerve to swoop in and start the "HUUURRR ur stoopid 4 beleevin in God.lol" with no other argument than 'religion is obsolete and you're all living in the dark ages. OH! brb, gotta cut and paste something I saw online to try and make my point valid"

True. Ironically these so called "atheists" tend to shove this down religious followers throats more so than your typical jehovah witness. However, I see nothing wrong in each side presenting their own case and selling point and taking logical picks at each other's faults and whatnot. However, FFXIAH is far from sitting in a leather leather chair by the fireplace drinking bourbon while contemplating theories with a scholar.
 Lakshmi.Fullen
user: fullen
By Lakshmi.Fullen 2010-06-04 22:54:22  
Asura.Israfel said:
@ Wee: If you believed in something so strongly that you'd be willing to give your life for it, wouldn't you be upset that someone would speak badly of it? just sayin'

That's the irony of it, some atheists try to force their beliefs on others as if it was another religion, repeating the mistakes they complain about in society.

so ya, OP is a ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-06-04 22:54:38  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Plus, the absolute question no human can answer is how the Universe came to be lol, so a superficial being is the only explanation lol.

For uneducated people.. You are absolutely right!

A Superficial being is the only explanation!

For intelligent people, such as:

Albert Einstine
Richard Dawkins
Ernest Hemmingway
Abraham Lincoln
Sigmund Frued
Thomas Jefferson

There are far better explanations..

Hell.. "I don't know" is a better explanation then "Oo My imaginary friend must have done it!"
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:54:47  
Asura.Israfel said:

I apologize if my answer disappoints you but, I haven't. However, even if I did, even if some half minded twit that decided to forgo any humane consideration for those around him and insulted that belief, I would certainly do my best to be the better main and take satisfaction in keeping my own faith in that belief as an individual that carries it (much like a vessel traveling to bring it into fruition) and paying no mind or matter to the ignorance of others.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-04 22:55:28  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
True. Ironically these so called "atheists" tend to shove this down religious followers throats more so than your typical jehovah witness. However, I see nothing wrong in each side presenting their own case and selling point and taking logical picks at each other's faults and whatnot. However, FFXIAH is far from sitting in a leather leather chair by the fireplace drinking bourbon while contemplating theories with a scholar.

LMAO amen to that dude.
As much as I love a good discussion, I kinda wish religion was kinda nixed from forum topics. As religious as I am, here it always seems to end badly, even when the thread was made with the best of intentions: (Example on a good thread: Couple days ago someone made a prayer request thread that got nixxed within minuted of it being up thanks to trolls)
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 22:55:56  
Lakshmi.Fullen said:
so ya, OP is a ***.

Wouldn't go that far. But definitely needs some better communication and socializing skills. If only all of us could be well spoken eh?

Luckily Jaerik is our voice of reason.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-04 22:56:08  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Israfel said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Israfel said:

What if I'm sitting in a leather chair with a laptop drinking some bourbon? Surely we could solve all the worlds problems like that!
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-04 22:57:01  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Israfel said:

I apologize if my answer disappoints you but, I haven't. However, even if I did, even if some half minded twit that decided to forgo any humane consideration for those around him and insulted that belief, I would certainly do my best to be the better main and take satisfaction in keeping my own faith in that belief as an individual that carries it (much like a vessel traveling to bring it into fruition) and paying no mind or matter to the ignorance of others.

Oh no.. your answer doesn't disappoint me >< lol, to believe or not to believe in something is your choice, not my place to pass judgment on something like that.

I guess we're all different :P I'm pretty vocal, not too much usually, but stuff like this just irks me a bit >< lol
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-04 22:58:50  
I find it hilarious that this was at the bottom of the page while reading this...

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9