Evidence For God. Really?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Evidence for God. Really?
Evidence for God. Really?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-04 22:02:15  
Sylph.Seriin said:
Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Nothing about the OP particularly bashes religion. It's actually fairly logical, since too many religious people try to equate atheism with faith. It doesn't require faith to NOT believe in something, it simply requires an absence of belief.

There is no such thing as an absence of belief. Atheism is the belief that there is no supernatural being or God or afterlife. IT'S STILL A BELIEF.

No, atheism is the lack of a belief, that is what the word means. A theist believes, an atheist does not.

I have a friend that is semi athiest, he simply believes that there is something out there, but there isnt enough proof to make a sound judgement on the whole thing, so he instead believes in santa clause and the easter bunny...
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-04 22:03:00  
Oh.. I forgot something.

Also.
Phoenix.Degs said:
I have a friend that is semi athiest, he simply believes that there is something out there, but there isnt enough proof to make a sound judgement on the whole thing, so he instead believes in santa clause and the easter bunny...

This is me. I agree there is something out there greater than us, only logical there would be. However I'm on the fence to if anything like a god exists.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-04 22:03:06  

-Actually it isn't an "absence of belief" it is a belief that there is no supernatural deity.

How is it possible for anyone to have a "belief that a belief is not a fact"? You're destroying logic. You don't even understand what a belief is.

You need to open a non-religious dictionary, read some definitions. Then we could have a serious talk. Changing words to adapt them to your own thinking... this is just pathetic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Here, educate yourself if you wish.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-04 22:04:00  
Sylph.Seriin said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Nothing about the OP particularly bashes religion. It's actually fairly logical, since too many religious people try to equate atheism with faith. It doesn't require faith to NOT believe in something, it simply requires an absence of belief.

There is no such thing as an absence of belief. Atheism is the belief that there is no supernatural being or God or afterlife. IT'S STILL A BELIEF.

No, atheism is the lack of a belief, that is what the word means. A theist believes, an atheist does not.

No, atheism means the belief that there is no god. Theism is the belief that there is a god. I think atheists like to deny that atheism isn't a "belief" because they associate belief with religion which is just the most ridiculous thing ever.

Definiton
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:04:37  
Many scientists are religious believers, so saying science is proof that religions are wrong is just ridiculous.

Honestly the more questions that get answered in every single field of science just raises more and more questions.

I will say this is my true belief: I will find out when I die.

To prove others wrong or right in terms of religious belief means nothing, until you die and find out. I live my life as best I can, I make decisions based on my morals and how I was taught. On occasion have broken my morals so I guess I sinned. But whatever I make my own choices every day and I try to make the best choice when a situation happens. Wrong or right, heaven or hell, I'll find out when I die.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-04 22:04:56  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

-Actually it isn't an "absence of belief" it is a belief that there is no supernatural deity.

How is it possible for anyone to have a "belief that a belief is not a fact"? You're destroying logic. You don't even understand what a belief is.

You need to open a non-religious dictionary, read some definitions. Then we could have a serious talk. Changing words to adapt them to your own thinking... this is just pathetic.

people don't need to use by the book definitions when using a word in casual talk, but you're too much of an obnoxious *** to know that
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-04 22:05:20  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

its called faith *** nut, get some or end the thread allready
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-04 22:05:52  
OP, prove to me that you're right and we'll call it a day
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-04 22:06:22  
Many scientists are religious believers, so saying science is proof that religions are wrong is just ridiculous.

Honestly the more questions that get answered in every single field of science just raises more and more questions.

I will say this is my true belief: I will find out when I die.

To prove others wrong or right in terms of religious belief means nothing, until you die and find out. I live my life as best I can, I make decisions based on my morals and how I was taught. On occasion have broken my morals so I guess I sinned. But whatever I make my own choices every day and I try to make the best choice when a situation happens. Wrong or right, heaven or hell, I'll find out when I die.
couldnt have said it better myself!!!
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-04 22:06:58  
theist - belief in a higher, super-natural power.

atheist - belief that there is no higher, super-natural power.

Really people?...

The guy is obviously trolling.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:07:00  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

It's your "belief" that there is no God correct? There we go.

Also I couldn't care less about your beliefs, but it is still a belief.

I find it funny that you call me pathetic when you clearly won't listen to the words of others.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-04 22:07:34  
Sylph.Oddin said:

Really people?...

yea, there have been like 15 other threads
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-04 22:09:15  
for someone who has so much "faith" in what he believes .. OP sure sounds unsure of himself, to make that many threads
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-04 22:09:54  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Sylph.Seriin said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Oh.. I forgot something.

Also.
Phoenix.Degs said:

This is me. I agree there is something out there greater than us, only logical there would be. However I'm on the fence to if anything like a god exists.

This is known as Agnostic.

Agnostic - a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:12:06  
Sylph.Oddin said:

Really people?...

Yes I 100% agree, I'm personally not very religious myself, but I hate preachy atheists more than anyone preaching religion. My reason being is Atheist go around preaching their so called "non-belief"... I think you would only do this if you truly believe in something and are trying to help... So at least I can understand a religious preacher a little. Atheist preachers are just hypocrites.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:13:40  
Phoenix.Degs said:
for someone who has so much "faith" in what he believes .. OP sure sounds unsure of himself, to make that many threads

lol that's the perfect phrase for what I've been thinking
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-04 22:13:44  
Sylph.Oddin said:

Agnostic - a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

That.. didn't make any sense to me, but okay.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-04 22:13:50  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
The possibility of other lifeforms somewhere doesn't void the known fact that the chance is absurdly small.
Most of the universe is chaos, if you take it as a whole. But you'll keep saying it is designed?

Can you prove that? No you can't. Where is your proof that most of the universe is chaos.

1 billion light years away our solar system would nothing but a small light to someone else. Go figure.

Hmm.... scientists are actually exploring this gigantic universe as this is written... you think all these numbers are coming out of their ***? they're trying to find life-sustainable planets, just for the hell of it. If there is one similar to earth, they think it is likely that it would be one the moons of Jupiter-like planet. Actually, not so far away from here, Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter could perhaps have some life-forms on it (similar to those discovered below Antarctica), they'd love to send a probe there to dig under the ice but it's far from being doable yet. There's more technology to observe this then you seem to realize.

Here's some info about the lifeforms they found. It doesn't need light. We used to think life without light wasn't possible. Well, it is.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/mar/16/sea-life-recorded-beneath-antarctica-ice-sheet/
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-04 22:14:43  
Phoenix.Degs said:

Dude... being unsure of yourself is not a negative thing... o_O

What did you learn in school -_-
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-06-04 22:16:02  
i learned that 2+2=4 always that i am sure of. What about you?

Yeah there's something out there, in space, called aliens.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-04 22:17:22  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

That.. didn't make any sense to me, but okay.

Basically it means you believe there's a higher order out there but not necessarily a higher order that focuses on one specific religion or even anything we could comprehend.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-04 22:17:26  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
The possibility of other lifeforms somewhere doesn't void the known fact that the chance is absurdly small.
Most of the universe is chaos, if you take it as a whole. But you'll keep saying it is designed?

Can you prove that? No you can't. Where is your proof that most of the universe is chaos.

1 billion light years away our solar system would nothing but a small light to someone else. Go figure.

Hmm.... scientists are actually exploring this gigantic universe as this is written... you think all these numbers are coming out of their ***? they're trying to find life-sustainable planets, just for the hell of it. If there is one similar to earth, they think it is likely that it would be one the moons of Jupiter-like planet. Actually, not so far away from here, Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter could perhaps have some life-forms on it (similar to those discovered below Antarctica), they'd love to send a probe there to dig under the ice but it's far from being doable yet. There's more technology to observe this then you seem to realize.

Here's some info about the lifeforms they found. It doesn't need light. We used to think life without light wasn't possible. Well, it is.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/mar/16/sea-life-recorded-beneath-antarctica-ice-sheet/

Scientists are exploring our gigantic universe atm? orly? last i heard our satellites haven't gone past the far reaches of our solar system let alone galaxy.

You can't exactly for sure prove life is somewhere without being there, it's all a huge hunch, might be life, but maybe not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:18:05  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

Probably more than you as I'm very open to ideas. I know by now you think I'm another "religious nut" by your thinking, but I'm not. Like I said I hate Atheist preachers because they are hypocritical.

I'm not religious, I've never been to church in my entire life and I've read but a few pages from the bible. Your arguments for your so called "absence of belief" are extremely weak, so why I would I "believe" your opinion over anyone Else's? Can you explain that to me in a logical manner?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-04 22:18:32  
Wait so is there a god or no?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-04 22:18:36  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

When your trying to argue about something I think it's best to know what you're talking about
[+]
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-04 22:20:39  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

I find it funny that you call me pathetic when you clearly won't listen to the words of others.

I don't believe that there is no God...
What's the point of believing that?
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-06-04 22:21:30  
What's it called if you believe you're just living to live life and then die like every other animal on our planet?

Serious question.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:21:41  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

Your reply actually proved my point that it might be more likely than we think. We have the ability to see very far away, and we're starting to be able to detect other planets but only the large ones like gas giants. Your reply didn't negate my point...
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-04 22:22:19  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:

I don't believe that there is no God...
What's the point of believing that?

That's what an atheist is...
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-04 22:22:52  
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

When your trying to argue about something I think it's best to know what you're talking about
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are so confident while the intelligent are full of doubt.

- Bertrand Russell
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9