Hello, Would You Be Willing To Help Settle A Bet?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-01-01 22:01:33  
No. Even though I am a 75 dnc D:
[+]
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-01-01 22:03:19  
No.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-01-01 22:03:19  
Not a DD.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 22:03:27  
I knew a dnc that claimed she could DD like crazy but whenever we got in a pt with her DE numbers fell a good 1k lowerer than what she promised lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-01 22:04:56  
Relative to what?

DNC compared to the majority of jobs can do damage so by definition it is a damage dealer.

Compared to the top end DDs, it cannot keep up.

So I think you'd have to be more specific! Or maybe I'm just being too pedantic...

@Poupee: BAD for using Heart Snatcher :( I have a detector for these things!! I can almost let you get away with it though since you appear to be Mithran!
[+]
By Chakrila 2010-01-01 22:05:42  
no
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-01-01 22:05:59  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Relative to what? DNC compared to the majority of jobs can do damage so by definition it is a damage dealer. Compared to the top end DDs, it cannot keep up. So I think you'd have to be more specific! Or maybe I'm just being too pedantic... @Poupee: BAD for using Heart Snatcher :( I have a detector for these things!! I can almost let you get away with it though since you appear to be Mithran!
Whaaat? I dont use it. I only equip it so i can snatch peoples hearts ;o
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-01 22:06:53  
You're a cat, you need no further assistance with this :(
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-01-01 22:07:51  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You're a cat, you need no further assistance with this :(
haha ok :o
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-01 22:38:49  
Closest I'd ever call it a DD is when I'm duoing/trioing with my DNC friend, and in those instances she's tanking.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-01-01 22:42:30  
Dancer falls under the support classes... as the majority of it's JA are party buffs/ mob enfeebs... very few of it JA up it's damage in the way that beserk would for WAR or say last resort for DRK... DNC is definitely not a DD class....
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 22:51:45  
Last resort is fail as a DD device outside of meritting for more haste lol. It's more of a provoke on a job that doesn't need it and shouldn't have it. Doesn't add that much to attack doesn't last long but does add a fair amount of hate

Also with enough merits that double attack move ups it's dmg output alot more than beserk could dream of.

But really I mean how many people like thfs for DDs? Now imagine that with less optimal daggers, much less haste, lower dagger skill, no where near as good ws gear and no SA or TA.
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-01-01 22:53:13  
well the awnser seems no.. What makes you think you're a DD? that might give some relativity so to why its a no.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-01-01 23:01:49  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Last resort is fail as a DD device outside of meritting for more haste lol. It's more of a provoke on a job that doesn't need it and shouldn't have it. Doesn't add that much to attack doesn't last long but does add a fair amount of hate
Thanks for telling me the sky is also blue, Mr. I have Dark at 37. Seriously ignorance is lulzy, you really need to lrn2drk before spouting off... just an FYI here If you have Last Resort merited (last resort effect) 5/5 = +10% attack.

The main point being made by my comments was that dancer JA's don't do much for its attack and to that end I was just listing two off the cuff examples for comparison. I know DNC can merit it's unique versions of Haste, TP gained, and DA which bumps up DPS from WS spam but I just don't think we'll ever see them hit the huge WS numbers a SAM, DRK or WAR can which is what most people would think of when asked to name DD jobs...

A final thought... I'd like to ammend my statement to include a disclaimer... IF you're at bird pts... 37-41, Wajoam/ Bhafflau exp, or Bird Meripo THEN DNC is a wonderful DD because of the bonuses gained for piercing vs. birds. Daggers are just out and out deadly. In any other situation then we're talking about DNC as a support job.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 23:13:39  
Oh no you can't know something about a lvl 15 ja until you've used it on it as the main job that gets it at 75. Whatever was I'm thinking I'm so sorry didn't know that was a requirement. Man that extra 10% attack assuming you fully merit it makes the fact that it can only be active 30sec every 5 min unless you lol merit its recast too.

Well then Lulzy 37 dnc lrn2dnc before spouting off anything
[+]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-01 23:15:42  
Barring the yes no, it depends. I bet with the right setup and haste sambas solo, a dnc can do a good deal of dmg. It's like any other job, crap gear vs good gear. Also, sambas are aoe so it's hard to see in a party since everyone is getting the dot. Ya, you might not be able to pop out the same damage as a sam but honestly, /sam with capped no foot rise and you are wsing a lot. Keeping up flourishes so that you can enhance you ws' or self-skillchain (while only level 2) can boost your over all DD.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-01-01 23:15:51  
Bahamut.Ceviilla said:
No.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2010-01-01 23:17:22  
support job.
 Siren.Ashkente
サーバ: Siren
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2010-01-01 23:27:42  
You're all wrong.

It's a HYBRID job.
It is healer, tank, support, and dd.

It doesn't excel at any of them, but can do them all.
[+]
 Garuda.Mameshiba
サーバ: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-01 23:30:15  
Quote:
Oh no you can't know something about a lvl 15 ja until you've used it on it as the main job that gets it at 75. Whatever was I'm thinking I'm so sorry didn't know that was a requirement. Man that extra 10% attack assuming you fully merit it makes the fact that it can only be active 30sec every 5 min unless you lol merit its recast too.

Well then Lulzy 37 dnc lrn2dnc before spouting off anything

Well truthfully Last Resort has it's uses... but it's true potential lies in Desperate Blows... that's when you increase either Last Resort effect AND recast.

But judging by the duration AND effect, you could say that Last Resort is a very gimp Berserk without Desperate Blows.

I'm sure Das knew that! No need to be mean to her ; ;

And no, I wouldn't qualify DNC as a DD.
The jobs role is front-healer. SE stated exactly that... and the way the job was built clearly shows that it's not supposed to be a straight-forward damage dealer like ... say, DRK.
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-01-01 23:30:19  
no
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2010-01-01 23:33:53  
No, and from the looks of your gear I wouldn't even call it close to a DD.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 23:47:46  
Garuda.Mameshiba said:
I'm sure Das knew that! No need to be mean to her
Damn right I did I mentioned it at first. And dammit how are people still mistakening me for a girl. Especially ones that haven't seen me ig QQ
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2010-01-01 23:51:37  
Siren.Agles said:
sorry, i did want yes and no answers. Malekith what do you call saber dance then? (sorry forgot about these) building and wild flourish. please keep to yes or no.

Your answers are gonna turn out like a Sage Sundi interview.

You> What do you call saber dance then?
Malekith> Yes.
You> Building and wild flourish?
Malekith> No.
You> Is dnc considered a dd?
Malekith> Red like ferrari.

Just no sweetie~
Delete this thread and then come back and try again.
[+]
 Garuda.Mameshiba
サーバ: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-01 23:52:07  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Mameshiba said:
I'm sure Das knew that! No need to be mean to her
Damn right I did I mentioned it at first. And dammit how are people still mistakening me for a girl. Especially ones that haven't seen me ig QQ
I meant to type "him" !!!
LOL! My bad!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 23:54:22  
Cerberus.Geldric said:
Siren.Agles said:
sorry, i did want yes and no answers. Malekith what do you call saber dance then? (sorry forgot about these) building and wild flourish. please keep to yes or no.
Your answers are gonna turn out like a Sage Sundi interview.
You> What do you call saber dance then?
Malekith> Yes.
You> Building and wild flourish?
Malekith> No.
You> Is dnc considered a dd?
Malekith> Red like ferrari.
Just no sweetie~ Delete this thread and then come back and try again.
I lol'd hard. That is so true. That guy doesn't like to give out any real info about the game
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11