Hello, Would You Be Willing To Help Settle A Bet?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-03 16:53:43  
Doesn't matter. Two finger style is for women and wussies.

I'll refer to smoking. Badass people smoke thumb + index while women and wussies smoke index + middle.
By semimmortal 2010-01-03 17:00:01  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

I'll refer to smoking. Badass people smoke thumb index while women and wussies smoke index middle.
Smoking makes you badass? What planet am I living on?
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-03 17:00:54  
semimmortal said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

I'll refer to smoking. Badass people smoke thumb index while women and wussies smoke index middle.

A planet without sarcasm?
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-03 17:20:20  
semimmortal said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

[+]
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-03 19:25:29  
I can't even see past page 1, but no
 Pandemonium.Rathz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-03 19:28:34  
I can't see from page 1 to page 9... But if it has to do with smoking, smoking kills :P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-03 19:31:39  
Woah, who ate the thread while I was gone? I can't see any page but this one.
 Kujata.Erim
サーバ: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-03 19:34:30  
You need to edit the url if you want to go to previous pages, not sure why this is happening, but do this.

Change:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6856&page=11#345709

To:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6856&page=10#345709

If you wanted to go to page 10. :\
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-03 19:35:20  
It's not just this thread either, seems the LOL pics thread is doing the same thing.
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-03 19:36:22  
the website in general is having some sort of url issue.

Just have to make url corrections yourself or wait for one of the administrators to fix it.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-03 19:36:57  
Scragg is trying some new coding and failing miserably. Loooooooooooool.
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-03 19:40:09  
Well it's called Mod Rewrite if I remember correctly. It changes the urls so you can better understand what they mean just by looking at them.

For Instance
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/6856/hello-would-you-be-willing-to-help-settle-a-bet/10/

Is easier to understand than:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6856&page=11
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-03 19:41:21  
Thanks for the tip though, that seems to be working.
By Delrosa 2010-01-03 19:51:06  
Yeah can't see the other pages either but if by badass people you mean idiots who think it makes them cool to smoke a cig like a joint then yeah thats what thumb to index are. I've never seen anyone smoke a joint any other way so I figure you got to be talking about ciggarettes. It's painfully obvious that you're just trying to act cool which pretty much means however the bet turns out you still lose.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-03 20:50:32  
OP's post is asking if you would call DNC a DD job or not.

I say no.
 Alexander.Neph
サーバ: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-03 21:14:26  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Woah, who ate the thread while I was gone? I can't see any page but this one.
At least all the error pages are getting a use.

And I'd say DNC is more of a |support role job| than a DD.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-03 21:27:59  
Kujata.Erim said:
You need to edit the url if you want to go to previous pages, not sure why this is happening, but do this.
Change:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6856&page=11#345709
To:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6856&page=10#345709 If you wanted to go to page 10. :\
Actually the stuff after the page number is completely unessecary. It is just for the URL for a particular post on that page so you can link it if you wanted to.

Also if you are having similar problems with other pages of stuff say next pages on PMs or the forum sectoin of your main page etc etc similar things work once you figure it out
By slipispsycho 2010-01-24 00:59:01  
Short answer, No.

Explination:

It's relative as most things in this game are... Is a RDM an equal nuker to BLM? No... However it does surpass WHM/BLM in nuking (and yes I realize it's a ridiculous comparison, but illustrates my point quite well)

I'm currently 70 Dancer, and often end up partying with a friend of mine who's 67 Thief (we're both taru btw) The only way I out damage him, is either I use Building Flourish and Wild Flourish, and he doesn't use SA or TA, and even then it's pretty rare, his WS does less then it generally does for him, while mine gets up to the limits of my capability.

I haven't tried yet, but I've been meaning to see if I constantly use Steps and Reverse Flourish, if that would equal out his inherently painful WS and Triple Attack (I.E. a somewhat equal DoT) I do know that I could get off atleast 2 WS's to his one using this method. That much has been done repeatedly, while farming lower leveled mobs with 0 reason to save TP for anything (and trust me he used it as soon as he got it every time)
By slipispsycho 2010-01-24 01:03:10  
Oh I forgot the other way I out damage him.. He took too much hate, couldn't get shadows back up and ended up laying face down in the dirt... Although the fact that he takes so much hate that even with me spam Waltzing him I don't reclaim hate until he's already dead, should be enough to come to a reasonable conclusion that Dancer isn't exactly built for just causing damage.. It's more akin to RDM, We may not deal out the high ammounts of damage as other jobs, but we can take on more dangerous mobs then alot of other jobs because of the abilities at our disposal... It may take DNC or RDM a bit longer to take down any given enemy, but we can make it through alot easier and even more gracefully then alot of other jobs.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11