Hello, Would You Be Willing To Help Settle A Bet?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Fairy.Usua
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-02 04:16:40  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
No

@OP, you are saying 2 different things, You are asking if its a DD job, and then saying its a DD in your mind. Its kinda 2 different things.

Dancer, can DD, therefor it can be a damage dealer, however, its not a DD job/class, its a support class. Being able to do something, and being created specifically to do something are 2 different things.

A pld can DD and be considered a DD, but a pld is not a DD class though.

another example: a drk can be a tank, but its not a tanking class.

This could be why you are getting different answers than you were thinking you would. If you are asking what job class it is, you will get a "no" if you are implying its a DD class. If you are asking can it be a DD, you will get mixed answers, or answers based on experience.
lol drk tank?
maybe briefly while dread spikes are up.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 04:19:06  
Fairy.Usua said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
No

@OP, you are saying 2 different things, You are asking if its a DD job, and then saying its a DD in your mind. Its kinda 2 different things.

Dancer, can DD, therefor it can be a damage dealer, however, its not a DD job/class, its a support class. Being able to do something, and being created specifically to do something are 2 different things.

This could be why you are getting different answers than you were thinking you would. If you are asking what job class it is, you will get a "no" if you are implying its a DD class. If you are asking can it be a DD, you will get mixed answers, or answers based on experience.
lol drk tank?
>.> drk can easily tank ***like proto omega and JoL
 Ragnarok.Faiye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-01-02 04:25:46  
Yes

When geared properly DNC is a very competent DD, much in the same way NIN is a competent DD when geared properly. When geared and played purely as a DD DNC's have amazing attack speed, accuracy, and TP gain.

Meriting at bird camps is where DNC really shines as a DD. I've taken my DNC to many such parties full of SAM's, WAR's, MNK's etc. When using your TP ONLY for DD and not for healing your TP gain will be on par with (and in some cases better than) SAM. WS damage will easily be comparable to SAM's or MNK's and its not difficult to exceed them. If you use Building Flourish its not uncommon to regularly hit 1200 dmg WS's. You'll really only be eclipsed in WS dmg by those using polearms.

It takes very specific gear and merits to make this work (ie - haste in every slot possible, dagger merits, closed position, sabre dance, reverse flourish merits, full WS gear macro, proper food, etc). I have seen too many DNC's in Scorpion Harness or full AF and its no wonder its a common belief that DNC is a terrible DD.

For other endgame events, specifically HNMs, I would not recommend playing DNC as a DD as you'll easily be outclassed by spike dmg jobs like SAM, WAR, and DRK. Also because DNC's dmg tends to come more from DoT and not spike dmg (like MNK) you won't have much chance to do any dmg in events like Dynamis where the mobs die fairly fast. However campaign is a great place to DD as you only have yourself to heal and you can solo mobs with ease.
[+]
 Asura.Envious
サーバ: Asura
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 04:25:47  
Fairy.Usua said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
No

lol drk tank?

It's not hard for DRK to tank if you have half a brain.
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 04:27:43  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Yes

When geared properly DNC is a very competent DD, much in the same way NIN is a competent DD when geared properly. When geared and played purely as a DD DNC's have amazing attack speed, accuracy, and TP gain.

Meriting at bird camps is where DNC really shines as a DD. I've taken my DNC to many such parties full of SAM's, WAR's, MNK's etc. When using your TP ONLY for DD and not for healing your TP gain will be on par with (and in some cases better than) SAM. WS damage will easily be comparable to SAM's or MNK's and its not difficult to exceed them. If you use Building Flourish its not uncommon to regularly hit 1200 dmg WS's. You'll really only be eclipsed in WS dmg by those using polearms.

If you're not using polearm on SAM at birds urdoinitrong.

Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-01-02 04:32:14  
Asura.Envious said:

Most SAM's I've met don't even have polearm skilled, so that's no surprise.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-02 04:39:16  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fairy.Usua said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
No

lol drk tank?
>.> drk can easily tank ***like proto omega and JoL
Don't have sea access so I wouldn't know.
 Asura.Humtum
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-02 04:40:30  
sam who dont bring polearm to bird should be shot >_>
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-02 04:41:09  
Asura.Envious said:
Fairy.Usua said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
No

lol drk tank?

With half the defense of pld, I'd really rather avoid tanking if at all possible, though I have ended up doing it before. I don't like it though.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 04:41:27  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

so you're keeping up with ***DD's then, not good ones. Let's not get confuzzled
[+]
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 04:43:41  
Fairy.Usua said:
Asura.Envious said:
Fairy.Usua said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
No

lol drk tank?

With half the defense of pld, I'd really rather avoid tanking if at all possible, though I have ended up doing it before. I don't like it though.

Defense doesn't matter if you're /NIN. A good PDT set helps. DRK can tank if they're geared for it. That's just the thing though, they have to be geared for it, 99% of DRKs will not gear for tanking because they would rather not tank/don't feel comfortable doing it.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-02 04:46:28  
That and /nin kills the big WS damage numbers.
I'd rather gear for dmg than defense as drk since that's the general idea of drk any way.
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 04:49:22  
You're tanking you're not DDing, if you're gearing for tanking of course you're not going to be doing damage, you're not even going to be using a scythe.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 04:50:19  
Fairy.Usua said:
That and /nin kills the big WS damage numbers.
I'd rather gear for dmg than defense as drk since that's the general idea of drk any way.
when you want to do things with 4-6 ppl that takes others 12+, you learn to adapt to new playstyles
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-02 04:53:11  
quick question, what mob would you tank with drk?
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-01-02 04:53:29  
Usua said:
Pld only gets like 330-ish def with the right gear. I get over 250 on drk. The difference vs something tougher than exp mobs wont mean much, because the damage being done is coming from the mobs weapons, hence why vit/def are almost useless for a pld. Damage reduction sets is whats really going to limit the amount of damage you take.

Shield blocks, and sentinel is really the only thing a pld has over a drk tank.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 04:54:56  
Asura.Humtum said:
lowman omega makes great use of drk tanks. Drk can tank as well as JoL
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-02 04:57:07  
only tanked JoL with pld, don't see much difference with drk i guess
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-02 04:57:51  
DRK can tank literally anything in the game for 30 seconds with Souleater+Blood Weapon+Any multihit weapon lol, draining 20k HP in 30 seconds is enough to keep you alive through anything, barring one-shot TP moves or whatever.

Edit: As for DRK tanking...

PLD and DRK, on a statistical level, are damn near identical jobs. Both have high VIT and STR, high HP, low MP, and nearly identical gear.

Over time, DRK will take hate better, but PLD will mitigate damage better, but the differences will be small.

Long story short, barring Aegis, DRK can use Hauteclaire/Koenig Shield, Valhalla armor, Defending Ring, Jelly ring, all kinds of tanking gear, and PLD can use Haubergeon, Homam etc. If PLD could use better weapons, they could be good stand-in DDs for DRKs, and likewise for DRKs tanking. Sure they won't beat the native jobs at their roles, but they come damn close.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 05:01:50  
Siren.Enternius said:
DRK can tank literally anything in the game for 30 seconds with Souleater Blood Weapon Any multihit weapon lol, draining 20k HP in 30 seconds is enough to keep you alive through anything, barring one-shot TP moves or whatever.
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't even have the job unlocked, but doesn't your drain amount to 0hp return? You DO the souleater damage and then it is replenished by the drain, equaling out. So let's say you're at 1k hp out of 1.7k. You hit for 200 w/ a kclub. Wouldn't you remove 200 from your hp and have it refilled by the swing and still be at 1000 at the end of the day?
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 05:02:34  
Siren.Enternius said:
DRK can tank literally anything in the game for 30 seconds with Souleater+Blood Weapon+Any multihit weapon lol, draining 20k HP in 30 seconds is enough to keep you alive through anything, barring one-shot TP moves or whatever.
Wat. When you do that you're not draining any additional HP, you drain the HP that you're losing from souleater.

Beat :(
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-01-02 05:02:48  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

I would hardly call Hagun SAMs or Ridill WAR's ***DD's. I've merited with and kept up with both. It sounds like you're the one who is "confuzzled." Also, you should make a habit of reading an entire post before making such wide sweeping remarks. It was specifically in regards to polearm spike dmg on birds being consistently high. A properly geared DNC really shouldn't have any problem keeping up with any DD on birds.
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 05:03:29  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

I would hardly call Hagun SAMs or Ridill WAR's ***DD's.

They're ***DD's. Polearm and GAxe or ->
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-01-02 05:06:36  
Humturn said:
That depends, are you refering to solo tanking? or co-tanking. The later, being 90% of all the mobs in this game. When you're bouncing hate with another tank, its not going to be a problem to keep up shadows.

And I would hope a drk tank, is using a scythe/Gsword, and not anything else when tanking, regardless if you are tanking, you are DD-ing, you are putting up damage, b/c if you arent, Id toss you out, and put in the atone pld or sam to tank. If I wanted someone standing around doing nothing but keeping hate, id get a nin or rdm tank....
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 05:09:11  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

I would hardly call Hagun SAMs or Ridill WAR's ***DD's. I've merited with and kept up with both. It sounds like you're the one who is "confuzzled." Also, you should make a habit of reading an entire post before making such wide sweeping remarks. It was specifically in regards to polearm spike dmg on birds being consistently high. A properly geared DNC really shouldn't have any problem keeping up with any DD on birds.
Yes, on birds, hagun sams are very ***DD's. They can't come close to comparing to an equivalent geared/merited polearm sam. When you look at the parse, you wouldn't even be able to tell they were on the same job. In that sense, it does make hagun sam a ***DD on birds, contrary to your beliefs, sorry. As far as ridill goes, hasso is just too strong and birds is something any DD should be able to fulltime it at. A GOOD ridill war is not ***, but they still cannot come close to holding candle to an equiv geared gax war/sam who is able to fulltime hasso.
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-02 05:10:28  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

Yes, on birds, hagun sams are very ***DD's. They can't come close to comparing to an equivalent geared/merited polearm sam. When you look at the parse, you wouldn't even be able to tell they were on the same job. In that sense, it does make hagun sam a ***DD on birds, contrary to your beliefs, sorry. As far as ridill goes, hasso is just too strong and birds is something any DD should be able to fulltime it at. A GOOD ridill war is not ***, but they still cannot come close to holding candle to an equiv geared gax war/sam who is able to fulltime hasso.

agreed, hagun sam on birds is a waste of time
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-01-02 05:12:01  
Asura.Envious said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

No, a ***DD is a SAM who shows up to a merit party in Hachiman Domaru. A hauby+1 hagun weilding SAM is still good just not absolute best for that specific situation.
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-02 05:12:35  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

I would pay a lot of money to see a Dnc keep up with a well decent geared polearm sam or even war.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 05:14:03  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

No, a ***DD is a SAM who shows up to a merit party in Hachiman Domaru. A hauby 1 hagun weilding SAM is still good just not absolute best for that specific situation.
No, your definition of gimp sam is a /pcmd leave
Hagun sam isn't a /pcmd leave, but it's still ***.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-02 05:22:57  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
DRK can tank literally anything in the game for 30 seconds with Souleater Blood Weapon Any multihit weapon lol, draining 20k HP in 30 seconds is enough to keep you alive through anything, barring one-shot TP moves or whatever.
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't even have the job unlocked, but doesn't your drain amount to 0hp return? You DO the souleater damage and then it is replenished by the drain, equaling out. So let's say you're at 1k hp out of 1.7k. You hit for 200 w/ a kclub. Wouldn't you remove 200 from your hp and have it refilled by the swing and still be at 1000 at the end of the day?
Kind of delayed as I'm trying to get Windows 7 working, but the short answer is no.

Let's say you're using Apocalypse. Sort of an extreme situation but whatever, Apocalypse.

Let's also assume you're hitting 150 damage per hit without Souleater up. Then you activate Souleater and it adds, say, 150 more damage. In this situation, you'd lose 150 HP from this hit, and inflict 300 damage. If you had Blood weapon up, you drain 300 per hit, but only lose 150 because of Souleater, so still gaining 150 HP per hit, and at a rate of ~.6 seconds per hit, and also draining ~600 HP per Catastrophe every 5 hits.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11