VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-12 11:20:55  
Chimerawizard said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
The +1 denim pants rare item dig could be interesting if it was different than what the black chocobo suit does (doubtful)
I'm assuming it is the same, flooring dig accuracy in exchange for the larger pool of items. Going to give it a try tomorrow I guess for science, but expecting disappointment.
8 find nothing's in a row... yup, it floor's accuracy just like the black chocobo suit. Nice lockstyle, useless for the intended purpose.

Still better than the suit because you can use them with silks, yeah?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-09-12 11:25:58  
Agrestic said: »

red means aggressive
nothing links

Beetles/Worms above ground
Lemures are all the way by Vrtra door

map: https://twitter.com/long_horned/status/1569319820654682113

Are the bats / worms mixed with the undead? Looks like a pretty good place, if we could avoid having to fight skeletons.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-12 11:27:49  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Anyone tried to get more than 1 Prime weapon yet?

After requesting the Prime Blade, I checked the NPC and he was offering to choose a weapon again, even the Prime Blade. Didn't try to confirm so not sure if it is allowed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tyconus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2022-09-12 11:29:05  
I have tested the Prime Weapon, it is -1 hp/mp a tick while equipped, and CAN kill you. Unlimited poison potion to never get slept. Also, you can own more than one Prime Weapon. I just used another 10k for the shield, which will be the second.

[+]
By lugado 2022-09-12 11:36:46  
interesting wonder if a requirement for upgrading primes will be feeding it hp as it has the constant tick down on it kinda fits with the theme
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-09-12 11:38:34  
https://twitter.com/Pleasure_ff11/status/1569304612452323330?t=YjIYSpp9ByKy8Eme_n287A&s=19

Gyudon recipe:
Fire Crystal

Ginger
Tarutaru Rice
Soy Stock
Wild Onion
Buffalo Meat
Cotton Tofu
Shungiku
Shirataki
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-09-12 11:49:06  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
The +1 denim pants rare item dig could be interesting if it was different than what the black chocobo suit does (doubtful)
I'm assuming it is the same, flooring dig accuracy in exchange for the larger pool of items. Going to give it a try tomorrow I guess for science, but expecting disappointment.
8 find nothing's in a row... yup, it floor's accuracy just like the black chocobo suit. Nice lockstyle, useless for the intended purpose.

Still better than the suit because you can use them with silks, yeah?
It is, but going from ~95% dig accuracy to floor'd accuracy is a massive waste of time when you can teach your chocobo Treasure Finder for the same effect w/o the accuracy loss.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-09-12 11:49:44  
I'm waiting for the final stage of "Eats your soul really fast!"
500 HP/MP per tick
[+]
By gargurty 2022-09-12 11:50:22  
wish i understood how to breed a digger chocobo, reading those guide made me needing more info lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 11:52:53  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Asura.Skyekitty said: »
SO, just a thought as I sit in line for Sortie. What is the time out period for Sortie if someone is afk?

Doesn't seem like this is helping if the wait time is still long before it skips to the next person

Although, must be faster than 1 hour inside.
I mean the timeout period was never really gonna fix congestion on packed servers. Depending on the time of day you go its always gonna be a line. All SE had to do was not require jobs to go in for unlocks. People hated doing it in namis idk why SE thought people wanted it in sortie.

They like wasting your time in having to expend a KI to unlock gear. I would have much rather pay a fee to Ruspix to unlock access to other job +2 instead of wasting an entry tag to unlock. I hated it on dynamis also. Something like 1-2 Sapphires, 3k Gallimaufry per new job unlock would have been perfectly fine.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-09-12 12:04:01  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Asura.Skyekitty said: »
SO, just a thought as I sit in line for Sortie. What is the time out period for Sortie if someone is afk?

Doesn't seem like this is helping if the wait time is still long before it skips to the next person

Although, must be faster than 1 hour inside.
I mean the timeout period was never really gonna fix congestion on packed servers. Depending on the time of day you go its always gonna be a line. All SE had to do was not require jobs to go in for unlocks. People hated doing it in namis idk why SE thought people wanted it in sortie.

They like wasting your time in having to expend a KI to unlock gear. I would have much rather pay a fee to Ruspix to unlock access to other job +2 instead of wasting an entry tag to unlock. I hated it on dynamis also. Something like 1-2 Sapphires, 3k Gallimaufry per new job unlock would have been perfectly fine.
I agree with this even if it is *** up. I've done it for a few jobs because I know I'm not taking them to sortie so I just pop on couple days and get clear then leave. I did it the first like 4 kis for my main jobs people called me crazy and said it was a waste of ki. Nows who's laughing! Also im still missing namis clears on jobs I play because of the system they have in place I don't like leeching if I'm not on geo :).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 12:30:46  
You can also use your Ruspix plates after using your Shiny plate for a quick unlock so it doesn't interfere with your normal runs. At least that system is in place, dynamis has nothing like it, and there's 4 separate zones you need to do unlocks for. This system is much more lenient imo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-09-12 13:04:55  
You can also use your Ruspix plates after using your Shiny plate for a quick unlock so it doesn't interfere with your normal runs. At least that system is in place, dynamis has nothing like it, and there's 4 separate zones you need to do unlocks for. This system is much more lenient imo.
This is very true which makes it feel less punishing. I just do my one when I know I'm not going and do it
By Ultimaetus 2022-09-12 13:10:15  
More importantly are there areas dense with skeleton to do bludgeon parties?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-09-12 13:15:09  
Ultimaetus said: »

Just got done looking around, there is one ultra dense area to the west near the strange apparatus, and a semi dense spot in the middle. The monsters here respawn super fast and the mobs are organized into pockets of 4-9 mobs with some areas having 12+.

Basically it's crawlers nest without the cleave groups screwing everyone else up.

Anyone figured out how much more EP per kill that locus mobs give over apex?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-12 13:15:12  
Ultimaetus said: »

I wouldn't say "dense enough"
Agrestic said: »
The number on the right is number of spawns. Only 34 Skelliefaces, Two camps worth, sure.
By Chimerawizard 2022-09-12 13:35:40  
gargurty said: »
wish i understood how to breed a digger chocobo, reading those guide made me needing more info lol
I'd suggest just trying it out once. Raise a chocobo that probably won't be amazing just to get the hang of it.
The guides should make a little more sense once you do.

Also, Chocobo skill + Hyper Chocobo campaigns start tomorrow. If you have any interest in digging, just start digging with a rental chocobo.

For skillups I'd suggest using the waist item & egg helm if possible. more successful digs in a short span of time means less time wasted skilling up.
w/ a raised chocobo, i'd also use sky blue racing silks (body).

I blink to skip the animation of digging so I can dig even faster. (like once every ~3.2s)
So, /equip main dagger; /dig; wait3; /equip main club; /dig; wait3; repeat
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-12 15:13:50  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
https://twitter.com/Pleasure_ff11/status/1569304612452323330?t=YjIYSpp9ByKy8Eme_n287A&s=19

Gyudon recipe:
Fire Crystal

Ginger
Tarutaru Rice
Soy Stock
Wild Onion
Buffalo Meat
Cotton Tofu
Shungiku
Shirataki
800 buffalo meat stocked up, it's time
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-12 15:19:12  
You know you get unlimited buffalo meat by raising the right monster in the garden, it's not something you have to stock up/hold

Behemoth Cub memento
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-12 15:38:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You know you get unlimited buffalo meat by raising the right monster in the garden, it's not something you have to stock up/hold

Behemoth Cub memento
I haven't unlocked it yet, monster rearing is rank 5, getting there soon.
 Asura.Jezper
user: Jezper
By Asura.Jezper 2022-09-12 15:40:27  

That person had never been happier, why would you ruin that? They've probably been saving since Seekers got released, holding on to the meat knowing full well it's a fools errand but hoping, wishing, and dreaming. Then came the day, the fateful day that brought tears of joy to Schroe! Finally, finally the $$$ paid for extra wardrobes will pay off in sweet sweet gil!

You know...
Orz

Asura.Schroe said: »
I haven't unlocked it yet, monster rearing is rank 5, getting there soon.
Or maybe they're just lazy gardeners, nvm
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-12 15:46:49  
You can also unlock it from an NPC in rulude, by spending 260k.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Macchi_Gazlitah
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-12 15:47:08  
Locus mobs now have an EP multiplier of 7 (in comparison, Apex have a multiplier of 5, and pre-patch Locus had a multiplier of 6).
[+]
By Masaru 2022-09-12 16:30:29  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Anyone tried to get more than 1 Prime weapon yet?

Yes, got a sword and a dagger.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-12 16:38:03  

This strikes me as an excessive complaint. A fee option would be fine too, but... it's not as if it's a big deal that you have to zone in ONE time per job to unlock all +2 augments for that job. You can even leave immediately if you feel like it (I can and have on a few jobs on my alt).

Isn't there ever a day where you can just play a different, maybe non-optimal, job ONE time? Or when you don't feel like doing a full hour long Sortie that day and can just log in a job for unlock (or do something easy like unlock the permanent "temporary" KIs for all wings)? Just use an extra entry from the Ruspix plate some time for your bonus if it's that big of a deal for you to go Sortie on an "optimal" job every. single. day.

Empy+2 has by far the most lenient requirements for unlocking +2 upgrades to a reforged JSE armor set:

Empy+2: You can enter Sortie a single time on a job, never bring the job in again, and get 5/5 Empy+2 armor for it that you can farm the points for on any other job. I was fully unlocked on all 15 of my 99/master jobs on my main, and 8 jobs on alt, in the first month of this event even existing. And I've definitely skipped several days. It's not hard at all.

AF+2: WAY less player friendly method for AF upgrades, which requires that you actually do substantial Omen farming on each job to get Paragon cards for that specific job. If I don't like playing, say, PLD in Omen? Tough luck, gotta go in on it anyway if I want to farm cards (aside from the unrealistic ways of 10:1 card trade, or the rare occurrence of getting a specific job's card from AMAN trove). If we take the relatively infrequent Omen card campaigns out of the mix and average, say, 3 cards per run... that's 14 entries to get 40+ cards (enough for 5/5 AF+2 for a job). Sortie requires one entry only, then farm univerally used points/sapphires on any job you like.

Relic +2: Requires you to spend FOUR entries by going into each of the four Divergence zones to unlock all armor slots for one job. All of which are for an event on a 3 day cooldown (where it's way more likely you'll be contributing to a group) and the event requires 3 or more players to even enter the zone. In comparison, Sortie requiring a single entry into a 20 hour KI event that you can hop into solo is nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-12 16:44:24  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

This strikes me as an excessive complaint. A fee option would be fine too, but... it's not as if it's a big deal that you have to zone in ONE time per job
I went in solo on PLD thinking I would get ***gallimaufry but ended up with a decent amount after hitting some objectives. Pulled groups of fomor and D objectives were cake multi stepping after them pulling against a wall. Didn't bother with B and C caskets. A and D were easy. Just said screw it and didn't care either way since I go solo for now and my earnings on any of my jobs will be mediocre.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-09-12 16:54:29  
Y’all lost your Souls alrdy I’m assuming. . . .
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 16:57:37  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
This strikes me as an excessive complaint. A fee option would be fine too, but... it's not as if it's a big deal that you have to zone in ONE time per job to unlock all +2 augments for that job. You can even leave immediately if you feel like it (I can and have on a few jobs on my alt).

Isn't there ever a day where you can just play a different, maybe non-optimal, job ONE time? Or when you don't feel like doing a full hour long Sortie that day and can just log in a job for unlock (or do something easy like unlock the permanent "temporary" KIs for all wings)? Just use an extra entry from the Ruspix plate some time for your bonus if it's that big of a deal for you to go Sortie on an "optimal" job every. single. day.

Empy+2 has by far the most lenient requirements for unlocking +2 upgrades to a reforged JSE armor set

I said all of this on the following post.

It's not an excessive complaint, it's just a general comment about the methods they put in place for unlocks on JSE and tying them to dailies, or in the case of dynamis, every 3 days.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-09-12 17:03:29  
Sounds like SE can do nothing Right. Personally I’m just happy to have some Content continuously Updated. Idm any of the above. The game was literally 100,000,000x worst back in the 75 cap era so I am good. No complaints whatsoever other than wishing we could 18 man Full Alliance in Sortie ;;

Just give me some more Challenges & Adversity.
By Starrman 2022-09-12 17:06:46  
Anyone else randomly timing out over the past 16 minutes?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8