[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-09-14 10:28:37  
Asura.Disclai said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I saw that Prime Horn, I'm really curious what else they could add to BRD's roster? We already have +4 to all songs with Gjallarhorn, 4 buffs with Daurdabla, Buff duration with Carnwenhan, and a song that gives haste, accuracy, and attack all in one buff with Marsyas.

What's left, lol?

Maybe a magic-buffing equivalent to Honor March...? Or Massacre Elegy?

A magic buffing or even magic evasion/defence song would be fantastic, but I would worry about it hurting geo’a place even more.

Something unique would be cool, subtle blow 2 song etc
By Aerix 2022-09-14 10:29:43  
Pretty sure BRD will never get to touch casting stats, multiattack or MDB.

Massacre Elegy is the most likely answer because it'll affect the game balance the least and it's basically zero extra work for them because it already exists.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-09-14 10:33:35  
Or if they did go the magic route, maybe something like iridescent carol/resist all of sorts so it is at least unique. I agree though it feels unlikely
By Cloudius777 2022-09-14 10:34:52  
lugado said: »
interesting wonder if a requirement for upgrading primes will be feeding it hp as it has the constant tick down on it kinda fits with the theme

I also thought the same thing, however dont think its upgradable yet
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-14 10:49:06  
Aerix said: »

Massacre Elegy is the most likely answer because it'll affect the game balance the least and it's basically zero extra work for them because it already exists.

Tbh massacre elegy could be a bit nuts if they don't have a floor in place for enemy delay. It's all fun and games until the geo casts an indi slow to form the sluggerzord with massacre elegy and slow ii
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-09-14 12:00:50  
Calling a “Foe Requiem VIII” horn.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-14 12:01:34  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Tbh massacre elegy could be a bit nuts if they don't have a floor in place for enemy delay. It's all fun and games until the geo casts an indi slow to form the sluggerzord with massacre elegy and slow ii
It won't be gamebreaking or anything, as slow has diminishing returns. Going from 50% to 100% slow reduces melee attack speed by 25%, but going from 100% slow to 150% slow only reduces it by a further 20%. RDM + GEO + BRD can already get to nearly 150% slow on NMs without SP these days, so Massacre wouldn't really be much more degenerate than it already is.

On a separate note, I was shocked at how weak Indi-Slow is when I looked it up. Bolstered Idris Indi-Slow is weaker than both Carnage Elegy and non-Saboteur Slow II.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-14 12:24:57  
Yeah it was a joke, indi slow is dogshit and even if they made slow additive directly against attack delay I still wouldn't cast it out of spite
By Aerix 2022-09-14 15:02:45  
NMs that aren't outright immune to slow usually aren't dangerous because of their regular attacks anyway, but rather because of TP moves. So Massacre really wouldn't make a huge difference.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-09-16 20:02:16  
We can finally be cowbows

[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-16 20:35:37  
Quote:
MAB+MACC+MBII song.

This would be my wish. And a better MaB option as a nuking food while we're at it. Mage food has been lacking for years.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-09-17 01:32:47  
I would really like to see versions of songs that do for tanks and mages what Honor March does for melees.

Champion's Minne: Defense Bonus / Magic Defense Bonus / Magic Evasion Bonus
Sage's Ballad: Magic Accuracy / Magic Attack Bonus / Magic Burst Bonus II

But yeah, my money's on Massacre Elegy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-17 14:01:52  
Ruaumoko said: »
Champion's Minne: Defense Bonus / Magic Defense Bonus / Magic Evasion Bonus

I'd love to see a stronger defense buff akin to Honor March. It would be nice to see Resist! all on it too. That would make it pair nicely with the other Resist! songs such as Warding Round. It would much easier to shut down certain debuffs like Zombie or Petrification.

Ideally, I would love to have a Carol to covers all elements but I don't see that happening.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-09-17 14:49:54  
It's going to be stat stick for WS/TP to replace Linos I bet, having new spell seems too good of a scenario for SE
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-09-17 19:19:28  
Obviously a store tp song, bolter's roll song, and a leaden salute song. Just toot toot, Leaden Salute!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-09-17 21:56:21  
GEO needs a REMA bell, why did they exclude GEO?!?!
By SimonSes 2022-09-18 05:12:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
GEO needs a REMA bell, why did they exclude GEO?!?!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-18 05:19:14  
Technically Shields and Instruments aren't "weapons" either, if you wanna look at things that way °-°

I think it's more of a matter of Prime Weapons being originally based on the Relic Weapons.
Eventually, as development progressed, they became its own thing instead of "dark relics" but they were still based on that initial model and so that excludes a lot of stuff that wasn't originally present during the Relic days.

But yeah, in general having a "REMA" level bell, or Animator, or Sachet, would've been very nice for those jobs.
A REMA shuriken for NIN plz!
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-09-18 07:11:16  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Technically Shields and Instruments aren't "weapons" either, if you wanna look at things that way °-°

You are right.

But yeah, in general having a "REMA" level bell, or Animator, or Sachet, would've been very nice for those jobs.

The dream

they became its own thing instead of "dark relics" but they were still based on that initial model

They aren't exactly "its own thing" in the meaning of having no connection to relics.
By Chimerawizard 2022-09-18 09:47:54  
Bell is an instrument if you try to find one on the AH. weapons > instruments.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-09-18 09:52:15  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
bolter's roll song

Cactrot Rapido Mazurka, complete with dust trails.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-18 09:57:17  
on another train, how about the katana allows ninja to finally cast the long lost spell, jubaku: ni
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-18 10:01:52  
Chimerawizard said: »
Bell is an instrument if you try to find one on the AH. weapons > instruments.

So it’s still classified as a weapon.

All this talk about they “can’t” do something because of xy reasons is just supposition on our part. They made demonic Maat that looked like an unpurified team rocket shadow Pokémon lol, they can do anything they want and make it make sense. Remember when Velkk KI in incursion from max level was just taken by the NPC with no explanation and the players complained? SE came out and officially said “Velkks are mean, they do stuff like that”. lol they do what they want

It would have been nice to have a unique ultimate bell but it’s not what they wanted to do. Honestly, I think they made Idris insanely too strong at first, which prompted every content to get nerfed. Because of this, they just give GEO Aspir, nuke and DD weapons now, lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-18 10:10:40  
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
on another train, how about the katana allows ninja to finally cast the long lost spell, jubaku: ni

At this point I don’t even care, but it would be interesting if they did something along the lines of this. Prime Katana enhances Ninjutsu enfeebling magic by another tier: Ichi becomes>Ni becomes>San

You don’t have to call it Hojo San, just add the extra effect potency to Hojo Ni at the time the spell is cast.
By Aerix 2022-09-18 13:29:45  

So much this, especially Animator. Would also be nice if all REMA Katana could dispense top tier shuriken like ranged weapons do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-18 13:56:31  

So much this, especially Animator. Would also be nice if all REMA Katana could dispense top tier shuriken like ranged weapons do.

Yes, it would.
By Aerix 2022-09-18 16:06:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Well, that's all from 2017 and 2018, but if they actually added those shuriken and nerfed katana in the current meta... that'd be a hilarious kick in the face.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-09-18 17:17:53  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Well, that's all from 2017 and 2018, but if they actually added those shuriken and nerfed katana in the current meta... that'd be a hilarious kick in the face.
That would just make naegling more OP on nin lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8