September 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 17:19:10  
Siren.Akson said: »
Sounds like SE can do nothing Right.

That's your own interpretation. I've stated on many other occasions, including in this very thread, some of the things that worked well that SE implemented.

The conversation stemmed originally, not from job gear unlocks, but from congestion. They had to put in measures this month to alleviate congestion, and someone rightly pointed out that the congestion is at least partly linked to job gear unlocks, coupled with the fact that it is 1-6 person content (so people can enter solo), that lasts an hour minimum if you choose to not exit after your unlock. Any fix to congestion just comes back to the source issue, which is the entry and unlock mechanism. That's not a complaint, that's just a fact.

Seeing as how the content isn't even a month old, most people are looking for ways to optimize their Gallimaufry earnings and make the most of their daily KIs, so having to break from that pattern occasionally to unlock gear on some other non-desired jobs can be a pain point for some. Like I said, it's not a big deal because Ruspix plate solves this every couple of weeks, and you get the full set unlocked on one job entry, so it's not so bad, and will be a complete non-issue the longer the content is out.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-12 17:31:18  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's not an excessive complaint, it's just a general comment about the methods they put in place for unlocks on JSE and tying them to dailies, or in the case of dynamis, every 3 days.

I guess, but it's an MMO, what exactly do you expect? There's always going to be some level of grinding and jumping through hoops as a given. The Sortie/Empy +2 structure is pretty reasonable to me, especially in relation to the comparable AF/Relic reforge upgrade process.

IMO, they did a pretty good job designing the event. Farm on whatever job you like, pretty good job flexibility anyway, able to make reasonable progress with solo/trust, can go in daily for an hour, and at least to me it's a relatively fun and engaging event.

If you want minor annoyances:
a) Ruspix giving you times in SECONDS is so obnoxious. Making me divide by 3600 to figure out hours, come on now ;)
b) The extra KI system is so unnecessarily convoluted.
By Tarage 2022-09-12 17:42:09  
Bismarck.Tyconus said: »
I have tested the Prime Weapon, it is -1 hp/mp a tick while equipped, and CAN kill you. Unlimited poison potion to never get slept. Also, you can own more than one Prime Weapon. I just used another 10k for the shield, which will be the second.

Huh, so I guess I can replace my sacrafice torque and not have to worry about being slept without an Avatar out. Neat.
By Tarage 2022-09-12 17:43:03  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
RMEAP you mean.

Or we could mix it around a little and get, PERMA weapons!!

Prema means love in Italian.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-09-12 17:44:27  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Siren.Akson said: »
Sounds like SE can do nothing Right.

That's your own interpretation.
I spoke for myself alrdy. Am only merely stating how such comes off as sounding. I mean if thats how you feel. Aint nothing wrong w/ that neither. I just dont agree whatsoever yet you are entitled to have an opinion. Im not bashing your PoV whatsoever.

I do feel the pain of congestion some might be experiencing on other servers..... I dont doubt that whatsoever
IMO such is indeed a serious issue & I honestly dont know how others even manage to deal w/ such tbh
By IGDC 2022-09-12 17:47:12  
Tarage said: »
RMEAP you mean.

Prema means love in Italian.

Thought amor meant love in **handgestures**
By Heghmoh 2022-09-12 17:54:09  
I’m not fluent but I’m pretty sure amore is love in Italian…and prema means “he/she pushes/presses”? But maybe I’m wrong.
By 1thenumber 2022-09-12 17:55:18  
Heghmoh said: »
I’m not fluent but I’m pretty sure amore is love in Italian…and prema means “he/she pushes/presses”? But maybe I’m wrong.

What are you some kinda PREMAdonna?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 17:56:06  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
If you want minor annoyances:
a) Ruspix giving you times in SECONDS is so obnoxious. Making me divide by 3600 to figure out hours, come on now ;)
b) The extra KI system is so unnecessarily convoluted.

I thought the extra KI system was annoying and weird, but it's only designed to be a minor bonus every 2-3 weeks from doing Daily Sortie, or a quicker repeat run if for some reason you broke consistency. The only way to earn a Ruspix quickly is to not enter your Shiny often, which is not optimal. If you enter at the same time every day, it takes close to 21 days to get a freebie. On the other hand, if you miss a few days here and there, SE rewards you slightly with the ability to possibly enter twice back to back. Helps people who have to take time off from the daily grind or are otherwise not consistent. Just an occasional freebie, that's all it is really. It being in seconds doesn't bother me either, because I ignore the Ruspix until every few days or so, and check to see how close I am. No need to calculate anything, the game pretty much tells you when you use a shiny how much time left you have. when it gets low, you know you got a freebie coming up soon.

The only problem I have with the Ruspix is that it resets your shiny timer regardless of if its ready or not. That seems like an oversight, you shouldn't lose your normal KI from using your free one.
By Pantafernando 2022-09-12 17:59:14  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I wonder if it stacks with Souleater

I guess your soul was never that wanted before
By Pantafernando 2022-09-12 18:01:38  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I'm waiting for the final stage of "Eats your soul really fast!"
500 HP/MP per tick

In The final stage it will devour not just yours but the entire party souls.
By Pantafernando 2022-09-12 18:03:29  
Vaquero hat…

This doesnt seems like a hat a cowboy would use….
By Heghmoh 2022-09-12 18:06:13  
Pantafernando said: »
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I'm waiting for the final stage of "Eats your soul really fast!"
500 HP/MP per tick

In The final stage it will devour not just yours but the entire party souls.

Im still sticking to my theory and taking steps for the inevitable you need it to feed it the souls of your reforged remas to power it up. 119 relic for +1, 119 mythic for +2, 119 empy for +3, 119 aeonic for AG

1thenumber said: »
Heghmoh said: »

What are you some kinda PREMAdonna?

That’s spelled with an I not and E would have to be impyrean, not empyrean
By Tarage 2022-09-12 18:10:58  
Sorry, I briefly googled it, saw an Italian team named Prema, and then googled "prema definition" and saw the words "it means love" and didn't think any further. It's monday. Brain isn't turned on.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-09-12 18:39:20  
Anyone else starting to feel the vibe that Prime Weapons are not actually going to be REMA wpns? Also a New Chaos Avatar to summon sounds intriguing in itself. Idk Im probably just way off point. Who knows.
By Nariont 2022-09-12 18:47:57  
They look like they're just the 1st form of whatever the finishing weapon is, i.e; 1st stage relics, base level mythics, 1st stage empys etc.
By cuddlyhamster 2022-09-13 23:22:18  
RMEAP you mean.

If you include Dyna weapon can use
AM DERP
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2022-09-14 00:36:11  
macsdf1 said: »
Ultimate
If you include “Ergon” in the bunch you can get that final “E” for extra flavor
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-09-14 00:55:02  
Vishwambhari said: »
macsdf1 said: »
Ultimate
If you include “Ergon” in the bunch you can get that final “E” for extra flavor
Bwhahahahaahahahahahaha
[+]
By Masaru 2022-09-14 00:57:16  
Here we go. P-ARMED or SPERMA, can both misunderstand. S is for superior instead of D for Dynamis Divergence. Works with Ambuscade as well: A-SPERMA BRD Do you need it?
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-09-14 01:39:12  
Masaru said: »
Here we go. P-ARMED or SPERMA, can both misunderstand. S is for superior instead of D for Dynamis Divergence. Works with Ambuscade as well: A-SPERMA BRD Do you need it?

Please stop lol.

It’s still RMEA until we see if prime are indeed ultimate weapons. Dynamis or ambu are not ultimate weapons, they lack the hallmark linked weaponskill which when used gives an aftermath (with the exception of shield/instruments, which are obtained by the same method but “reward the player in other ways” - quote from SE at some point I believe).
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
サーバ: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-09-14 01:47:10  
it's still REMA because not in years has anyone actually meant the R part of REMA, and these take over as the new R
By SimonSes 2022-09-14 02:24:33  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
it's still REMA because not in years has anyone actually meant the R part of REMA, and these take over as the new R

Obviously not true. People wanted Mandau after I posted sheet results without noticing that someone added 150str to food. I was even publicly accused of wasting people resources for it :)

On a serious note. Apocalypse, Annihilator, Gjallarhorn, Aegis for utility and arguably few more skillchain properties are still holding that R imo :)
[+]
By Cloudius777 2022-09-14 03:36:49  
Relic Aeonic Prime Empyrean - Mythic Ergon.... please dont spell it like that.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-09-14 06:08:44  
SimonSes said: »
On a serious note. Apocalypse, Annihilator, Gjallarhorn, Aegis for utility and arguably few more skillchain properties are still holding that R imo :)

I'd argue for Spharai, Excalibur, and Amano too, sort of a "tier 2 usefulness" thing.

I'll be very annoyed if these new prime weapons really supersede Relics. I am dreading that they're trying to ease us into more and more vertical gear progression D:

On the other hand, maybe they consider relics too easy to make compared to other ultimate weapons and are trying to up the ante. Dunno.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-09-14 07:27:40  
Cloudius777 said: »
Relic Aeonic Prime Empyrean - Mythic Ergon.... please dont spell it like that.

Ergon weapons are just the Mythic equivalents for GEO and RUN. So you can still sum all the weapons up with:

Prime - Empyrean - Relic - Mythic - Aeonic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-09-14 09:06:26  
I saw that Prime Horn, I'm really curious what else they could add to BRD's roster? We already have +4 to all songs with Gjallarhorn, 4 buffs with Daurdabla, Buff duration with Carnwenhan, and a song that gives haste, accuracy, and attack all in one buff with Marsyas.

What's left, lol?
 Asura.Disclai
サーバ: Asura
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-09-14 09:09:21  
I saw that Prime Horn, I'm really curious what else they could add to BRD's roster? We already have +4 to all songs with Gjallarhorn, 4 buffs with Daurdabla, Buff duration with Carnwenhan, and a song that gives haste, accuracy, and attack all in one buff with Marsyas.

What's left, lol?

Maybe a magic-buffing equivalent to Honor March...? Or Massacre Elegy?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-14 09:24:31  
An Impact song.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8