It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 35 36 37
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 15:30:28  
Ejin once again got the bonk.

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What did he do to get banned?
And didn't someone make a plugin to randomize player names for streaming?

Just like last time, there's nothing specific.

Everyone gets away with everything, until you don't. There's no "this addon is bad now" or "this lua got me bant"

I would assume that it's because of the literal bullseye he paints on his own forehead by streaming. Exactly why I now keep my ***secret. No more spam reporting me out of spite.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-02 15:37:30  
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2021-04-02 15:39:18  
Maybe he’ll go outside.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
By Asura.Hotworks 2021-04-02 15:42:49  
The guy will literally no life it all over again cause 11 was his life for last 16 years and I hope he gets banned again
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 15:45:01  
I feel sorry for him, I dunno how anyone can be an asshat about it.

Not only does he enjoy the game but he streams it too, this is a major loss for him.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 15:48:45  
When you're a streamer or youtuber and you build a following, you can't just stop playing or swap to another game. He is kind of locked in, which is why he is considering restarting.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-04-02 15:49:56  
Asura.Hotworks said: »
The guy will literally no life it all over again cause 11 was his life for last 16 years and I hope he gets banned again

Who gives a flying *** if it was his life? It’s not yours, it’s not mine, it’s his. I’m not sure why you’d wish ill upon him when his choices really have no bearing on you. Unless he *** your wife, wherein which I’ll say maybe you should lay off the games.
[+]
By MothMonstaMan 2021-04-02 15:55:42  
The hate for another human being is just disgusting. Some of you should really take some time to reflect if that is the kind of person you really want to be.

Also Eiryl shame on you for just trying to rile up some drama threads for your selfish own enjoyment.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
By Asura.Hotworks 2021-04-02 15:56:15  
The game wasn’t meant for one player to make a party with 6 accounts being automated by one player. He also used tools so maybe this time he’ll play on only one account and not openly use tools.
And this is second time he’s been banned if he does the same ***expecting a different outcome I hope it does happen again
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 15:57:07  
MothMonstaMan said: »
The hate for another human being is just disgusting. Some of you should really take some time to reflect if that is the kind of person you really want to be.

Also Eiryl shame on you for just trying to rile up some drama threads for your selfish own enjoyment.

Hey now, what the *** else am I supposed to do? This is why forums exist. it exists FOR entertainment.

It's an important conversation, I just so happen to find it comical.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-02 16:01:19  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ejin once again got the bonk.

Who?

I honestly can't even be bothered to remember people I play with, let alone total strangers. With so many alts and everyone sitting there silent as a rock in linkshell... kind of tough to get invested. I actually recognize people from this forum more than names I see in yell/linkshell due to the revolving nature of people coming back and leaving.

*shrugs*

That is until you go and change your avatar on here and then you're dead/new to me.

Note: I was gonna come up with a random generic meme from google images for where I asked "Who?", but google images and "who" as a search criteria get me a bunch of memes from 'Dr. Who' and I've never once seen that show so... it's out of my wheelhouse. Maybe next time I'll give you two memes if you all behave.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-02 16:03:53  
Asura.Hotworks said: »
The game wasn’t meant for one player to make a party with 6 accounts being automated by one player. He also used tools so maybe this time he’ll play on only one account and not openly use tools.
And this is second time he’s been banned if he does the same ***expecting a different outcome I hope it does happen again

It's his business if he chooses to multibox. It's an assumed risk to get banned, though, since he streams and has a following. It is kind of silly how easy it is for them to ban him, but I guess if you report him enough someone might take action. That aside, he'll probably return with even greater measures and hide his character name so this doesn't keep happening.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-02 16:08:09  
Deserved it last time, deserves it this time, will no doubt deserve it next time. zzzz
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 16:13:58  
Senpai noticed me! Hi twitch chat.

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-02 16:15:07  
I'm kind of fascinated by people that multibox with those send commands that keeps all of their alts right up their ***. Not sure I could get used to learning how all of that stuff works because this game is kind of losing its interest for me (took friggin' long enough). I do enjoy watching people slaughter stuff with their multiple characters and I DO really enjoy making alts so it's kind of a natural progression I could be into... but there is probably a learning curve on the send plugin/tool whatever. Also I know you have to jump through a hoop to log in more than 4 via POL unless you do some tweaking. Seems like a hassle, but the rewards could be nice.

If anything, I could see myself maybe triple-boxing again to sell others Vagary clears every week for extra scratch since Orb sales kind of died. I'm still sitting on my old wealth from it, but the number really only goes down now and I would like to keep it at least stable (if not increase because stonks!).

Back when I triple-boxed, I didn't use send tool/lua/command/plugin/addon/script (whatever it actually is). I would just alt-tab between my three BSTs (this was back when BST was king). Dawn Mulsums and pew pew pets = EZ mode.

Maybe it's something I could get into this summer; probably after I get a new PC with mah stimulus funds.

[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-02 16:20:28  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's an assumed risk to get banned, though, since he streams and has a following. It is kind of silly how easy it is for them to ban him, but I guess if you report him enough someone might take action.

People keep suggesting that he gets reported, but it's also perfectly possible that SE doesn't want their highest publicity twitch streamer to be someone who teaches people how to avoid grouping up and abuse third party tools in place of cooperation. There's this persistant idea here that he's a net good for the game, but it's not based in any sort of fact or evidence. The more people heavily multibox, the more it becomes a necessity as those left are unable to progress without doing so.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 16:21:28  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Deserved it last time, deserves it this time, will no doubt deserve it next time. zzzz

Don't we all.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 16:22:51  
It's an assumed risk to get banned, though, since he streams and has a following. It is kind of silly how easy it is for them to ban him, but I guess if you report him enough someone might take action.

People keep suggesting that he gets reported, but it's also perfectly possible that SE doesn't want their highest publicity twitch streamer to be someone who teaches people how to avoid grouping up and abuse third party tools in place of cooperation. There's this persistant idea here that he's a net good for the game, but it's not based in any sort of fact or evidence. The more people heavily multibox, the more it becomes a necessity as those left are unable to progress without doing so.

There's two sides to that story. How many people could he have unknowingly convinced to buy a 2/3/4/5+ subscriptions?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-02 16:23:44  

Except he also actively assists other people, and plays with others.

If their goal is to get people back to playing with others, they need to go back to the start and remove all the CP bots. CP parties is how you can meet people to do other content with. If everyone feels they just need to buy the CP, they're not doing that initial networking, and that needs to be solved.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-02 16:25:16  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
There's two sides to that story. How many people could he have unknowingly convinced to buy a 2/3/4/5+ subscriptions?
Probably not anywhere near as many as have quit the game because they were unable to find a group that valued or even wanted their contributions. If he's anywhere on their radar, and it seems likely he is given they're hosting their own streams to try to build interest, then he is seen as a negative or he wouldn't keep getting banned.

I don't know how anyone thinks that having the most popular streamer blatantly cheating the entire time he streams is a good thing from the perspective of a game developer. I understand how players can consider him a positive, because so much of the ffxi playerbase cheats relentlessly.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-04-02 16:26:23  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
And didn't someone make a plugin to randomize player names for streaming?
he can even go ahead and randomise his race and equipment and ppl who want to see him gone still will catch on to it, you don't need to be columbo to figure it out if he streams it live.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-02 16:28:17  
but it's also perfectly possible that SE doesn't want their highest publicity twitch streamer to be someone who teaches people how to avoid grouping up and abuse third party tools in place of cooperation.

You give SE too much credit if you think they are going to refuse money, cuz "morals". Given the responses of some people in this thread, it's perfectly possible it's just a random hater reporting him every chance they get.

It's also possible they have no idea who Ejinn is as far as "highest priority twitch streamer" and just banned him because he's an easy target with traceable evidence (a live stream).
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 16:33:33  
Send, sadly looks like botting to the untrained eye. Especially on a stream.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-02 16:36:25  
You give SE too much credit if you think they are going to refuse money, cuz "morals".
I think you miss the bigger picture, honestly. Rabid multiboxers led to the environment we have now, where starter players have literally nowhere to go to work their way up and end up having to merc everything(or more likely, quitting before they get anywhere near where the average multiboxer is). Playing 1 character in a relaxing manner with no bots, alts, etc.. is now the exception instead of the rule among the NA community. This has impact beyond morals; it reduces enjoyability for everyone who does it. Factors like that can lead to reduced subscriptions or even the death of the game. You can also throw a plug for JP pride, because it's very typical for corporate culture there to value image over reality. He is bad for image.

Given the responses of some people in this thread, it's perfectly possible it's just a random hater reporting him every chance they get.
Okay, but I've spent years being one of if not the most hated person around Leviathan, getting literally dozens of reports a day. I didn't break the rules in any way that could be substantiated, thus I was not banned.

How many people do you know that got banned without breaking the rules? I can't think of a single one. Reports are not the cause of a ban, action by SE is. If we are to assume he wasn't using anything we know to be banworthy, then the logical remaining explanation is that he was banned for his behavior on his twitch stream.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-02 16:42:03  
You give SE too much credit if you think they are going to refuse money, cuz "morals".
I think you miss the bigger picture, honestly. Rabid multiboxers led to the environment we have now, where starter players have literally nowhere to go to work their way up and end up having to merc everything(or more likely, quitting before they get anywhere near where the average multiboxer is). Playing 1 character in a relaxing manner with no bots, alts, etc.. is now the exception instead of the rule among the NA community. This has impact beyond morals; it reduces enjoyability for everyone who does it. Factors like that can lead to reduced subscriptions or even the death of the game. You can also throw a plug for JP pride, because it's very typical for corporate culture there to value image over reality. He is bad for image.

Given the responses of some people in this thread, it's perfectly possible it's just a random hater reporting him every chance they get.
Okay, but I've spent years being one of if not the most hated person around Leviathan, getting literally dozens of reports a day. I didn't break the rules in any way that could be substantiated, thus I was not banned.

How many people do you know that got banned without breaking the rules? I can't think of a single one. Reports are not the cause of a ban, action by SE is. If we are to assume he wasn't using anything we know to be banworthy, then the logical remaining explanation is that he was banned for his behavior on his twitch stream.

Just LOL to this argument, Thorny. You're going to make this argument and scapegoat multiboxers, when you're the potential #1 RMT of the game, which is how so many people get the gil to buy from mercs. Without you, mercs couldn't even exist. You are far more responsible for this merc obsession than Ejin is.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 16:43:35  
Freehugs said: »
Watched his stream for like 2 minutes
>"this might actually be a good thing!"
Wat

He does get a lot of sympathy money. Gift subs, bits, donations... and now streaming new character creation is "new content" (again)
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 16:44:56  
I dunno why this is being skewed into multiboxing, a person that uses trusts is no better than a multiboxer.

They don't care if you interact with the community or not.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 35 36 37