It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 35 36 37

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 16:46:47  
Asura.Kuusa said: »
lost my account a week ago presumably for easy farm, although the other regulars weren't hit. who knows

You won the report-Lotto
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-02 16:46:57  
I mean I still say bans can be done for any reason 3rd party related in the past few weeks/months.

My GEO alt got a temp ban when it wasn't even resubbed and was never logged on for 2 weeks. So it got hit for something in the past, but none of my other chars got hit. No one really knows and it's kinda ***, but it's the risk of playing with additional tools.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-02 16:50:30  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
If we are to assume he wasn't using anything we know to be banworthy

Don't think anyone is assuming this at all. Two things can be true. He was using tool probably. But a random hater probably also reported him. Three can be true even. Maybe all of the above.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-02 16:52:02  
Okay, but I've spent years being one of if not the most hated person around Leviathan

I'll wager Levcps has ya beat these days^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-04-02 18:30:22  
I don’t blame people for 6 boxing.

The average player in this game is absolutely trash.

Want proof? Join an Odyssey C shout group on Asura.

Have fun earning 2-3k segments, getting a brd that can’t sing songs, a DD that doesn’t believe in hybrid sets, and a tank that tries to melee the mobs rather than pull.

It’s straight up stupid trying to play this game without a perma of friends you know are good that you can rely on.

I seriously feel bad for all my fellow skilled players who have varying playtimes and can’t get a perma because of it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 18:51:03  
You're not wrong but this statement never doesn't blow my mind.

If everyone sucks, instead of paying $80 to 6box, play something where the people don't suck, questionmark.

The game sucks! The meta sucks! The company sucks! The players suck!

...Take MORE of my money?
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-04-02 18:51:56  
*holds skateboard*
How do you do, fellow skilled players?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-04-02 19:08:37  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You're not wrong but this statement never doesn't blow my mind.

If everyone sucks, instead of paying $80 to 6box, play something where the people don't suck, questionmark.

The game sucks! The meta sucks! The company sucks! The players suck!

...Take MORE of my money?
Hello company, I hate your product. Here's MORE money so you have no incentive to change it.
[+]
By Seun 2021-04-02 19:20:50  
RadialArcana said: »
I dunno why this is being skewed into multiboxing, a person that uses trusts is no better than a multiboxer.

Denial or ignorance? Perhaps both.

Multiboxing isn't good for the game or the community. It's pay-to-win, it creates unnecessary competition which excludes players who can't/don't want to compete and it promotes the use of tools.

it's funny because I actually had discussion with Ejiin in chat once and basically said the same thing here. He didn't get it. You would think that someone who champions multiboxing would at least be aware, but it's not the case.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise though. They suspended him the first time he got caught, he didn't get it. They banned him and he came back and still doesn't get it. Addiction psycology?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 19:26:09  
"I hate dealing with bad players to gear up my character! so I'm gonna make and gear up 5 other characters to make gearing up my main character easier"

w a t

People that carry out multiboxing have other issues, it's not because it's an easy way to gear up.
By mhomho 2021-04-02 19:34:50  
Seun said: »
unnecessary competition

Incorrect.

Unnecessary competition is having to roll against players that have multiple jobs that they hoard loot for. Do you really need those Regal Gauntlets or should they go to the person that always plays RUN/PLD?

Multiboxers primarily play by themselves and their loot proceedings are incredibly stream-lined.

Unless you mean unnecessary competition for a spot in the group that gets to go. If you can't play your one job better than someone playing a full party of toons, then there is a problem.

It's a very easy way to gear up when you dictate who gets what and for how long you have to stay on one segment of content.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-04-02 19:36:08  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You give SE too much credit if you think they are going to refuse money, cuz "morals".
I think you miss the bigger picture, honestly. Rabid multiboxers led to the environment we have now, where starter players have literally nowhere to go to work their way up and end up having to merc everything(or more likely, quitting before they get anywhere near where the average multiboxer is). Playing 1 character in a relaxing manner with no bots, alts, etc.. is now the exception instead of the rule among the NA community. This has impact beyond morals; it reduces enjoyability for everyone who does it. Factors like that can lead to reduced subscriptions or even the death of the game. You can also throw a plug for JP pride, because it's very typical for corporate culture there to value image over reality. He is bad for image.

It's really hard to argue with this if you look at the state of the game today.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 19:37:21  
I dunno why this is being skewed into multiboxing, a person that uses trusts is no better than a multiboxer.

Multiboxing isn't good for the game or the community. It's pay-to-win, it creates unnecessary competition which excludes players who can't/don't want to compete and it promotes the use of tools.

it's funny because I actually had discussion with Ejiin in chat once and basically said the same thing here. He didn't get it. You would think that someone who champions multiboxing would at least be aware, but it's not the case.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise though. They suspended him the first time he got caught, he didn't get it. They banned him and he came back and still doesn't get it. Addiction psycology?

Trusts or multiboxing are no different (having 6 characters isn't against the rules), people have this idea that just because Ejin is good at this stuff everyone is at that level. He is the exception and not the rule, most people you see with their on follow army that you see spamming whatever are doing E to N clears over and over and over again.

Also pay to win? you don't just pay to win, you pay to have the privilege of leveling and mass gearing up all those extra characters. It's pay for 5 times more work to get something you could do for less and quicker by just joining a good shell.

You get 5 times as much loot? ok great, you have 5 times as many characters to gear up too. How is this winning unless you actually like having all those characters to gear up.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-02 19:47:13  
Asura.Sirris said: »
You give SE too much credit if you think they are going to refuse money, cuz "morals".
I think you miss the bigger picture, honestly. Rabid multiboxers led to the environment we have now, where starter players have literally nowhere to go to work their way up and end up having to merc everything(or more likely, quitting before they get anywhere near where the average multiboxer is). Playing 1 character in a relaxing manner with no bots, alts, etc.. is now the exception instead of the rule among the NA community. This has impact beyond morals; it reduces enjoyability for everyone who does it. Factors like that can lead to reduced subscriptions or even the death of the game. You can also throw a plug for JP pride, because it's very typical for corporate culture there to value image over reality. He is bad for image.

I just checked Ambuscade:

1 duo
7 solo players using trusts
3 parties

People would rather solo with trusts and get 1/10th the reward than group up.

It was stated a while ago in an interview that the vast majority of JP players prefer solo/duo play and that Asura is very abnormal with all this crazy grouping nonsense.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-04-02 20:06:02  
it creates unnecessary competition which excludes players who can't/don't want to compete
Actually false. The only reason I (and a lot of other people I know) started multiboxing is so that the people we play with have more freedom to join events on the jobs they want to play instead of being BRD/GEO/WHM 24/7.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-04-02 20:09:53  

lol none of this is anywhere near accurate but cute
By kairyu 2021-04-02 20:10:03  

Trusts or multiboxing are no different (having 6 characters isn't against the rules), people have this idea that just because Ejin is good at this stuff everyone is at that level. He is the exception and not the rule, most people you see with their on follow army that you see spamming whatever are doing E to N clears over and over and over again.

Also pay to win? you don't just pay to win, you pay to have the privilege of leveling and mass gearing up all those extra characters. It's pay for 5 times more work to get something you could do for less and quicker by just joining a good shell.

You get 5 times as much loot? ok great, you have 5 times as many characters to gear up too. How is this winning unless you actually like having all those characters to gear up.

Trusts and multiboxing are very different things. While it is fair to say that not everyone is a top tier multiboxer, just by virtue of playing multiple characters as opposed to trusts gives you access to things trust using solo players can't do (e.g. any content with a minimum player entry requirement). Not to mention circumventing some of the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE trust AI.

On the note of having to gear several more characters, once again having multiple characters would still have some tangible benefits over people not multiboxing. Those 7 solo players doing ambu? If they were multiboxing they'd be getting significantly more hallmarks/gallantry across several characters, which translates to gil and gear. You could probably build a REMA in 1 month of 6 boxing ambu between collecting and selling mats over the trust user trying to do the same thing who would take infinitely longer. Heck even someone who does VD in a group would still be considerably slower. There is a factor of economies of scale once you get past a certain point.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-04-02 20:10:05  
Asura.Sirris said: »

I find this so funny because you were the one to tell me that multi-boxing wasn't widespread and it was rare.
By Draylo 2021-04-02 20:13:02  
Multi-boxing is definitely a net negative for this game, and its becoming so much more widespread due to all these addons that its causing a decline in the game (in my opinion.) Sadly this company doesn't care about this game that much because they keep ignoring all the problems and are so bad with adding new content.

As far as Ejin, I'm almost convinced its an addon he is using that is causing him to repeatedly get flagged. I don't see how using send to control multiple characters is any different than someone afk botting, it probably looks the same to them. I highly doubt they look at streams or care about them at all. Which addon, I can't say, but it seems to be one he uses as this is the second time.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-02 20:16:02  
Asura.Essylt said: »
it creates unnecessary competition which excludes players who can't/don't want to compete
Actually false. The only reason I (and a lot of other people I know) started multiboxing is so that the people we play with have more freedom to join events on the jobs they want to play instead of being BRD/GEO/WHM 24/7.

To add on, there's almost nobody who starts this game with the idea behind multiboxing first and foremost. People who multibox slowly move towards it because of other issues, like not being able to find people they want to do things with, or the people they have played with quitting the game. Multiboxing is a symptom more than a problem.

I currently have 5 accounts, only 3 of them are "good", and the 3rd is only "good" because it's an REA BRD, past that it's not great. It is not hard to beat out the capability of my other characters, but I'm not a very social person, have typically played late at night where there aren't as many people around, and have slowly added those characters over time. If I still had people to play with, I likely never would have made 4th/5th accounts, but between me taking breaks, friends quitting/taking breaks, and the general dislike everyone has of me, I felt it was good to make them. I also really like building characters and so two more characters to build is fun. But I didn't just come back to the game and go "Ya know, I'm just gonna multibox everything now". It was a slow shift over time because of changing in-game mechanics.
By Draylo 2021-04-02 20:24:00  
Ejin once again got the bonk.

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What did he do to get banned?
And didn't someone make a plugin to randomize player names for streaming?

Just like last time, there's nothing specific.

Everyone gets away with everything, until you don't. There's no "this addon is bad now" or "this lua got me bant"

I would assume that it's because of the literal bullseye he paints on his own forehead by streaming. Exactly why I now keep my ***secret. No more spam reporting me out of spite.

It's more likely its something specific, its mostly multi-boxers getting the slap. It would be more beneficial to list what people use and find a common thread because if they were just banning just because, it would have hit a lot more people.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-02 20:25:37  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

Who?

I honestly can't even be bothered to remember people I play with, let alone total strangers. With so many alts and everyone sitting there silent as a rock in linkshell... kind of tough to get invested. I actually recognize people from this forum more than names I see in yell/linkshell due to the revolving nature of people coming back and leaving.

*shrugs*

That is until you go and change your avatar on here and then you're dead/new to me.

Note: I was gonna come up with a random generic meme from google images for where I asked "Who?", but google images and "who" as a search criteria get me a bunch of memes from 'Dr. Who' and I've never once seen that show so... it's out of my wheelhouse. Maybe next time I'll give you two memes if you all behave.
I mean im sure you would notice more people here you spend more time here id guess. (Joke don't get butthurt) side note not shocked he got banned again.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 20:27:55  
Draylo said: »

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What did he do to get banned?
And didn't someone make a plugin to randomize player names for streaming?

Just like last time, there's nothing specific.

Everyone gets away with everything, until you don't. There's no "this addon is bad now" or "this lua got me bant"

I would assume that it's because of the literal bullseye he paints on his own forehead by streaming. Exactly why I now keep my ***secret. No more spam reporting me out of spite.

It's more likely its something specific, its mostly multi-boxers getting the slap. It would be more beneficial to list what people use and find a common thread because if they were just banning just because, it would have hit a lot more people.
nah dood. let's not do that just like every other time.

It's pretty obvious, irrefutable really.

1) MANY people break TOS.
2) MOST don't bother reporting
3) If someone reports a cheat there's a chance they bother to look at it
4) If your report gets picked you get got.

Pretty confident this is "the system". You can do whatever the hell you want, just make sure no one spams report to raise your chances of hitting the lottery.

Listing all the addons Ejin used and got bant vs all the addons (this guy) uses and didnt get bant won't give you anything.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-04-02 20:30:23  
In my experience, that isn't "the system." There are certain things that will raise flags a lot quicker and easier than simply using windower and getting a report.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-02 20:32:22  
I mean look, how can I have literal years of experience getting one character banned all the time.

They're all identical, and generally one or two get got at a time. There is no other possible way.

One character gets banned every last thursday of the month. Every month. Every time. Since November 2019. They're all running the same ***, in the same party, at the same time, for the same time, from the same IP, all paid at the same time (roughly).
By Draylo 2021-04-02 20:35:54  
Yes but you are afk botting, which is a very easy and quick way to get banned in most cases. We are talking about multi-boxers who may not be continuously afk botting, using add-ons that are causing a flag to get raised where they are put on a list and randomly banned.
By Shichishito 2021-04-02 20:39:13  
i don't watch his streams so i don't know what he runs but even if he appears legit on his streams it's entirely possible that he runs the hardcore stuff when he's not streaming.

on a side note, it's pretty fascinating to see someone convince himself that multiboxing isn't FFXI's version of a ingame shop.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-04-02 20:45:49  
As far as I know he never came out and explicitly said exactly what addons hes using. If he was afk botting that would be more understandable, but I know someone also hit yesterday and they say they weren't afk botting. So it seems more logical that its an addon people are using (there have been many QoL addons that became widespread.)
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 35 36 37