It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37
By Seun 2021-04-07 00:32:55  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Citation needed.

Here.

"As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community."

Again, it should be highlighted that Blizzard supports third party add-ons, but does not support this.
[+]
 Sylph.Ketsui
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-04-07 00:46:01  
So your argument is that multiboxers need each box to have their own computer setup and they need to run 6 keyboards and that's the skill component?

If send is "sketchy other tools" there isn't a single person who has more than one box that shouldn't be banned.

I would like to be removed from your "everyone" list.

[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-04-07 01:07:14  
Sylph.Ketsui said: »
So your argument is that multiboxers need each box to have their own computer setup and they need to run 6 keyboards and that's the skill component?

If send is "sketchy other tools" there isn't a single person who has more than one box that shouldn't be banned.

You've got me far beat. I've only got two computers by each other running FFXI. Sometimes I'll get another laptop out to play other games since vanilla POL borks everything else. I can run several modern games, Photoshop, After Effects, and more at the same time without issue, but the second POL is opened it makes everything else chug hard, even before it's in FFXI.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-07 01:10:51  

Now do something for me: Get that setup on webcam, and go fight something of at least moderate difficulty. I want to see how each character is performing in combat. Impress me.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-07 01:17:01  
Seun said: »
Citation needed.

Here.

"As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community."

Again, it should be highlighted that Blizzard supports third party add-ons, but does not support this.

So they only just now came out against it because a bunch of people are using it for RMT? And this is pure corporate Activision Blizzard, not the Blizzard of old that was built by actual gamers? Yeah, I don't think this supports your argument as strongly as you were pushing it.

Also if I'm reading the comments right, the reason this is so exploitative in WoW is because of their phasing mechanic. It seems if you have your boxes in different phases, you can farm herbs across each phase at the same time, which messes with their economy. Which is quite a bit more of an exploit than what happens in FFXI. Not that multiboxing doesn't have an impact on the economy in FFXI, it's not the main component (RMT and automated bots are, i.e. Thorny).

That said, I'd welcome SE coming out and actually clarifying some of the lines of the game.
 Sylph.Ketsui
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-04-07 02:04:39  
Now do something for me: Get that setup on webcam, and go fight something of at least moderate difficulty. I want to see how each character is performing in combat. Impress me.

I'm not here to impress anyone and I will never claim that playing like this works very well. I would just like to be removed from the "everyone" list.

The most annoying problem about this setup is that humans only have two hands and can't grow more of them.

When I see other people solo VD Intense Ambuscade, I'll most likely fail on N, or even E. I have to find ways how to handle things in the game without getting to busy, because busy will mean failure.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-07 02:17:21  

I'm not here to impress anyone and I will never claim that playing like this works very well. I would just like to be removed from the "everyone" list.

The most annoying problem about this setup is that humans only have two hands and can't grow more of them.

When I see other people solo VD Intense Ambuscade, I'll most likely fail on N, or even E. I have to find ways how to handle things in the game without getting to busy, because busy will mean failure.

So everyone who can use their multiboxes effectively use send.
 Sylph.Ketsui
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-04-07 02:29:15  
I don't like using the word "everyone", because you never know. There might be someone who does things differently.

But yes, in general, I would strongly agree that "send" makes multiboxing highly efficient. I've also seen people use "react" and succeed with very difficult fights. (And also create weird situations with it)

I'm not telling anyone how to play their game, however, I'd really hate to lose friends because they chose to use third party automation software and were banned for it. ...Except those who use CP/Exp Bots, those can rot in hell.
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-04-07 02:30:54  

So they only just now came out against it because a bunch of people are using it for RMT? And this is pure corporate Activision Blizzard, not the Blizzard of old that was built by actual gamers? Yeah, I don't think this supports your argument as strongly as you were pushing it.

You asked for citation that using send like add on in WoW could get you banned, they gave you citation straight from the horse's mouth that it is an actionable offence. Now you're making excuses to dismiss their proof to you, proof that is exactly what you were asking for.

You implies that every multiboxer use send and no one use multiple computers/screens/keyboard setup, Ketsui shown photo evidence that he does exactly that. Now you're moving the goal post saying that "effective multiboxer" use send.

You are full of fallacies, insisting to being right against evidences proving otherwise. Would be useless to argue with someone so lacking in credibility, who's content on making only generalised sweeping statements and assumptions.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-04-07 03:02:05  
https://www.twitch.tv/kevinjordan

kevin jordan playing ff14 one of the original creators of wow classic
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-07 03:14:09  
Bahamut.Suph said: »

You asked for citation that using send like add on in WoW could get you banned, they gave you citation straight from the horse's mouth that it is an actionable offence. Now you're making excuses to dismiss their proof to you, proof that is exactly what you were asking for.

You implies that every multiboxer use send and no one use multiple computers/screens/keyboard setup, Ketsui shown photo evidence that he does exactly that. Now you're moving the goal post saying that "effective multiboxer" use send.

You are full of fallacies, insisting to being right against evidences proving otherwise. Would be useless to argue with someone so lacking in credibility, who's content on making only generalised sweeping statements and assumptions.

For 95% of WoW, using send was perfectly fine. That was a very recent change because of the specific manner in which WoW has developed over the years. Considering WoW was being brought up as a "this MMO allows third parties and doesn't allow send" the reality that it has allowed send for nearly two decades along with its addon support is fairly relevant to the situation at hand.

Ketsui just openly admitted he's not that good at using his multibox setup.

God forbid there exists some nuance to these situations, and not simply one exception negating entire arguments. Especially considering this *ENTIRE TOPIC* is regarding nuance. As has been stated repeatedly in this thread, any usage of Windower itself is bannable.
By Thunderjet 2021-04-07 03:16:37  
Bahamut.Suph said: »

For 95% of WoW, using send was perfectly fine. That was a very recent change because of the specific manner in which WoW has developed over the years. Considering WoW was being brought up as a "this MMO allows third parties and doesn't allow send" the reality that it has allowed send for nearly two decades along with its addon support is fairly relevant to the situation at hand.

Ketsui just openly admitted he's not that good at using his multibox setup.

God forbid there exists some nuance to these situations, and not simply one exception negating entire arguments. Especially considering this *ENTIRE TOPIC* is regarding nuance. As has been stated repeatedly in this thread, any usage of Windower itself is bannable.

wow is currently ***right now the community made the game really garbage u cant even raid these days without trading the leader 5000 gold which is equivalent of 90M in FFXI GDKP
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-04-07 03:21:11  
just asked him if he would play 11!!! he said he would after ESO OH YEAAAAAA
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-04-07 03:27:44  
I don't like using the word "everyone", because you never know. There might be someone who does things differently.

But yes, in general, I would strongly agree that "send" makes multiboxing highly efficient. I've also seen people use "react" and succeed with very difficult fights. (And also create weird situations with it)

I'm not telling anyone how to play their game, however, I'd really hate to lose friends because they chose to use third party automation software and were banned for it. ...Except those who use CP/Exp Bots, those can rot in hell.

Yes, I've also been guilty of utilizing the blanket statement 'everyone' when I don't truly mean 'everyone', but just about everyone. In the context of this discussion and thread, I was using everyone because people were talking about multiboxers that are able to do all sorts of content in their own parties, and everyone 6x multiboxing and able to do late endgame is going to use Send.

React is across my line of 'absolute hack' and something I have never used. Part of what I laugh at during these discussions because I can likely look up past Meebles threads and see people linking the direct code to make react work for this months ambuscade, meanwhile people here are getting huffy over people using send, lul.

And I pretty much fully agree with your final statement. For me across the line is any automation done while AFK. So farming/CP/Salvage/etc. bots can all *** off. My point regarding Ejin is not that he should necessarily be allowed to do what he does, but there are far better targets for a ban than someone multiboxing some content on a stream. Endless CP bots, endless RMT, (more than one having posted in this thread, seemingly against Ejin, lul) etc. should be getting ban priority.
By Mrxi 2021-04-07 03:31:48  

Yes, I've also been guilty of utilizing the blanket statement 'everyone' when I don't truly mean 'everyone', but just about everyone. In the context of this discussion and thread, I was using everyone because people were talking about multiboxers that are able to do all sorts of content in their own parties, and everyone 6x multiboxing and able to do late endgame is going to use Send.

React is across my line of 'absolute hack' and something I have never used. Part of what I laugh at during these discussions because I can likely look up past Meebles threads and see people linking the direct code to make react work for this months ambuscade, meanwhile people here are getting huffy over people using send, lul.

And I pretty much fully agree with your final statement. For me across the line is any automation done while AFK. So farming/CP/Salvage/etc. bots can all *** off. My point regarding Ejin is not that he should necessarily be allowed to do what he does, but there are far better targets for a ban than someone multiboxing some content on a stream. Endless CP bots, endless RMT, (more than one having posted in this thread, seemingly against Ejin, lul) etc. should be getting ban priority.
We get it, you use send and want to think you are golden. But in reality you are not, and probably look like trash/bot to someone not using it, and no not everyone 6 boxing uses it.
By Mrxi 2021-04-07 03:37:31  
I'm 11 boxing as we speak and not using it, and i dont have to prove my self to anyone sorry if i ruined your night by bringing you down to earth, im known to do that
By Mrxi 2021-04-07 03:53:14  
Yesterday i boxed t3 odyssea while boxing dymais d and no send was used at all. and i have done everything else.
By Seun 2021-04-07 03:59:12  
LadyofHonor, you asked for citation and you got it. You don't wanna face it, that's fine. It says what it says regardless of my own personal view so I'm not sure why you'd think this is my argument.

As for 'Blizzard of old', a few of the vanilla developers have already spoken on not just this matter, but many of the issues facing the community currently and into the future. Kevin Jordan and BabaShareShow are loaded with knowledge and experience and they're always happy to talk about anything MMO related. KJ was actually on today talking about Trusts in XIV and their impact on the community.

The information is out there for you to find Lady, but will you accept it when you find it if it doesn't line up with your personal views or will you stuff it with straw and pummel it?
[+]
By Seun 2021-04-07 04:01:52  
derp
By Mrxi 2021-04-07 04:11:08  
Dont like to brag, didnt actually tell anyone that, not that i talk to people (probably a good thing) but damn satisfying beating v15 tree while doing dyna same time and lol
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 04:26:35  

I used to have a setup very similar to this, with all different jobs but the issue is that with every additional character you add to your "team" you are effectively dividing your attention away from your main. You also have to to keep track of which KB and which monitor is for what, as well as duration of buffs etc. It can be very mentally tiring and takes a lot of practice to do anything at all. I remember when I really wanted to add a tank to my alts and it was literally impossible, there was so much work to do to keep aggro that I did not have enough time to do the other things like heal and do damage.

Multiboxing with multiple characters is something skillful to pull off, even if you're only doing lower content. It's like tapping your head, doing a jig and rubbing your stomach at the same time. Some people ask what's the point of this, and it's just for fun. Some like to speed run old games, some like to control as many characters as possible, some like to min/max one character etc. It's not really being done for gil gain, it's being done because we enjoy it.

People have this set idea because of streamers that we are all bashing out VD ambuscades or whatever, that is not the case at all. Most multiboxer (yes even those who use send and all the other stuff) stick to lower difficulties because it's just really hard to multitask and have to deal with slower reaction times).

Send does not really make that much difference btw, it just lowers the number of keyboards and controllers you have to use. You still have the delays as you remember which macro is for what (and damn you need a lot of macros over multiple pages or memorized assigns, you need macros for everything from erase to different cures to paralyna, haste, ballad etc etc). You still have the delays as you swap pages, you still have times where your buffs wore and you forgot to reapply them because you were concentrating on heals or a skillchain.

The reason Ejin can do what he does is not because of send, it's because of everything else he has created around send and because every character is pimped out, he has mass scripts for everything so when a command saying "1" is sent to his alts they all fire off long *** scripts instead of what most multiboxers do where they tell it to carry out each individual action. Regardless, what he effectively does is just hyper buffs his main character and then just steamrolls things.

Ejin is completely abnormal to what most multiboxers can and want to do.

Seun said: »
Citation needed.

Here.

On Wow the multiboxers were using multiple characters with the same class, every button press was mirrored to each character. In open world PVP this is laughably devastating and this was were teh outrage came from. This is why Blizzard took action, it wasn't because of PVE stuff. People who get banned tend to get banned depending on what they were doing and not just using broadcasting software.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 04:45:36  

Everyone that multiboxes is effective or they would not do it, they just do lower tier content. Not everyone shares your VD or nothing mindset.

I should not have to point this out, but it seems I do. Whether you can do harder content has far more to do with your gear than anything else. Ejin would not be doing near anything he is doing in base 119 gear, he literally has near BIS on every alt and a REMA on every one.

Also I guarantee you that with the same pimped characters and using scripts and alt tab he could probably do the same exact thing without send at all, 4/6 are just pure buffers so take barely any attention. It's not hard to alt tab to press cure 4, he has so much -dmg gear that he takes barely any dmg anyway.
By Shichishito 2021-04-07 04:46:27  
lol @ sock invasion.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 04:51:56  
Here's a JP guy playing multiple characters, was a story about him years ago in some games website. He does it all via controllers.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-02-03/japanese-video-rental-store-owner-has-truly-insane-gaming-setup/.111697
[+]
By Draylo 2021-04-07 04:53:35  
Yeah there is 0% chance he is doing that efficiently. If a mob moves the slightest or does a bunch of debuffs I can only imagine the headache lol.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 04:57:54  
If Square want to stop people multiboxing, just give every monster in the game aoe knockback on every attack like lillith. Most of us will quit the next day!

Positioning is murderous for multilboxers
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-04-07 04:59:54  
RadialArcana said: »
If Square want to stop people multiboxing, just give every monster in the game aoe knockback. Most of us who don't already run anchor will run anchor quit the next day!
fixed it for ya.
 Sylph.Ketsui
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-04-07 05:03:32  
RadialArcana said: »
If Square want to stop people multiboxing, just give every monster in the game aoe knockback on every attack like lillith. Most of us will quit the next day!

Positioning is murderous for multilboxers

I'm always sighing when I see 75% of the alliance use anchor, while I go flying across the zone, like I'm supposed to.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 05:20:49  
I remember one month there was an ambuscade where it did AoE knockback and also hate reset, so I could not put my alts far away cause it would run to them and I could not put them close cause they kept being interrupted and knocked around.

I played Conan Exiles that month and built a massive castle.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-07 06:24:38  
Everyone complains about anchor, but no one thinks people just use knockback reduction + gear. Filthy casuals.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37