It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 35 36 37
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-09-23 13:26:17  
Check his leafkin discord, he's been talking about it since last night
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 13:29:07  
Was it the first offense (likely for some of the boxes)?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-09-23 13:31:32  
First for all boxes except his main, it had a strike in 2005 apparently. If I'm reading correctly, temp for all, perma for his main :/
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-23 13:32:31  
Yet, none of the RMT JP bots were hit.

Way to miss the mark again SE. If you want to bring in more money, hit the RMT JP bots first, they will always buy in more content IDs, that is all they know how to do!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 13:33:02  
That's rough, not like it takes more than a month to make 10 billion and get a brand new maxed out everything account if he were so inclined. But I'm interested to see what happens with him specifically.

Even though it's easily replaced it doesn't make it less devastating.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 13:41:30  
It's not 'factual numbers' just a generalization. if ejiin wanted to with his ability he could pull it off. (with the remaining boxes probably already holding at least so much gil)

Leaning heavily on mercing and/or shielded crafting.
By Draylo 2020-09-23 13:46:37  
I'd be interesting in knowing if it was POS warping or afk botting, those seems like very easy ways to get banned like always. Although it could be his use of superwarps as he heavily uses that with all his characters. Can't help but laugh that the previous thread we were discussing how most multi-boxers cheat in some fashion and that guy said it wasn't true lol.

Sucks though, while most FFXI content barely gets over 5k views, it was nice to see people actively creating content for our little community.

I feel like almost 90% of the cases are through afk botting or POS warping because they seem to have a system in place to detect those automatically. I doubt they even use GMs anymore to handle these things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-09-23 13:52:00  
It's likely from forcing an exploit in the Odin/Alex Master Trial
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 13:56:31  
it's deeply unsatisfying to never have resolution.

I know that the GM and/or STF staff read AH threads, it would be crazy if they didn't, but obviously they can't risk their jobs.

I just really wish there was publication of "X was banned for (this) today and Y was banned for (this) today" when I track a bot party and they just vanish I'm always left empty never knowing was it sold, was it banned, did they quit.

I mean, I don't even know (concretely) why my own accounts get banned. So many choices.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-23 14:06:00  
If they spent a third of the time on sphere bots that they spent on POS hacking, the world would be a much better place.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2020-09-23 14:06:58  
I did indeed get banned on all of my characters.

The only information about the ban they'd give me was "cheat action verified by logs"

I do not use tako/pos hacks, bidder or bot at all, but I am very open about using addons that make the game a more enjoyable experience that don't hurt the experience of other players.

It's a crap shoot of what I could have been reported for since SE probably defines every addon as a cheat action, it's just really unfortunate they aren't more clear about what's allowed and what's not. I've always said in the past if they were more clear with their policies I'd follow them, but until then it's about making a 18 year old game fun, and playing 100% vanilla IS NOT FUN and they're hopeless if they expect people to.

I'm still in shock that someone can devote their life to making FFXI better for the community and my thank you from SE is a resounding "*** you, we don't care"
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-23 14:12:06  
To be fair they probably don't even know about you and it was an automated process in choosing the names on the list to suspend.

It might be helpful for others to avoid the same fate if you list what you used. I had been suspicious of superwarps a while but there are probably some other grey area addons that can do wonky things sometimes to tip them off. I really feel they should be more transparent on what they look for because they would save themselves money by not banning people who are supporting their game as they would avoid using what they look for.

Vanilla has come a long way and it is playable but not as enjoyable as with all the addons. The addons have even inspired SE to change things to implement their own versions of the addons that are even superior in some cases like with the debuff timers or buff timers. They should learn more about what people enjoy.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 14:17:15  
superwarps/send/automation to play multiple characters is definitely cheating and should stop being glorified. if you play multiple characters while tabbing to another screen that is perfectly fine, anything past that is 100% automation any way you dice it. you are not interacting with that screen.

windower/ashita teams, it's time you remove these addons from your launchers if you care about players remaining unbanned.
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-09-23 14:24:59  
Asura.Tsm said: »
superwarps/send/automation to play multiple characters is definitely cheating and should stop being glorified. if you play multiple characters while tabbing to another screen that is perfectly fine, anything past that is 100% automation any way you dice it. you are not interacting with that screen.

windower/ashita teams, it's time you remove these addons from your launchers if you care about players remaining unbanned.

I see things like this all the time. Most pure automation has nothing to do with windower. You can blame simple packet ejection on it if you like.
By ksoze 2020-09-23 14:28:50  

do you multibox?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-23 14:28:53  
Just blame your enemies.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 14:30:00  
Shiva.Ariaum said: »

I see things like this all the time. Most pure automation has nothing to do with windower. You can blame simple packet ejection on it if you like.

i'm not sure what you mean. 99% of windower addons are simple packet injection. addons that take action on/in a window that is not being interacted with should not be in the launcher. there is no way ejin/others would be able to 6 box as effectively as they do without help from addons. this should not be something that is glorified. technically even treasury is automation but i doubt SE is doing anything about it. send/superwarps/enhanced gearswaps/these type of addons are likely the culprits for some bans. if windower/ashita want to be known as 3rd party cheating tools they should continue on the path they are on.

that kinda goes for ffxiah too, if you wanna be a cheating website keep allowing superwarps/vw bot topics to stay up for years. no problem with this personally but it is cheating in every definition of the word. doesn't even fall into the grey area.

please stop arguing otherwise as you are getting people banned.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-23 14:34:12  

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
but I am very open about using addons that make the game a more enjoyable experience that don't hurt the experience of other players.

Those who take that level of risk know what they're doing. They're not attached to a single character like its their child- they're merely tools to enjoy a game...the name/model doesn't matter.

Maybe you should step off the high horse and really look at what those who got banned are saying, versus applying your own sensibilities to them.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 14:36:09  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

but I am very open about using addons that make the game a more enjoyable experience that don't hurt the experience of other players.

Those who take that level of risk know what they're doing. They're not attached to a single character like its their child- they're merely tools to enjoy a game...the name/model doesn't matter.

Maybe you should step off the high horse and really look at what those who got banned are saying, versus applying your own sensibilities to them.

yeah, i don't care what you do or if you get banned. don't mistake my logic and make it something emotional
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-09-23 14:38:03  

yeah, i don't care what you do or if you get banned. don't mistake my logic and make it something emotional

You seem to care about it though. Putting this much effort to reply in the thread to whats at hand here.
[+]
By Zathana 2020-09-23 14:38:07  
The fact people think you are going to play an 18 year old game Vanilla is laughable. If they ban all the people using addons/send/superwarp you eliminate 99% of the population, along with all their Profits. If you don't agree with this you are on the wrong side of the 1%. The Game will be dead and you will have no one to play with.

The only thing SE added that was ok has been Equipsets and that is pathetic. SE needs to realize what people want and adapt or die.
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-09-23 14:38:17  
You are making many assumptions. VW clears the box only and super warp is skipping a menu. 0 - automation.

please stop arguing otherwise as you have no idea what you are talking about.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-23 14:40:50  
Quote:
"cheat action verified by logs"

This implies you talked about what you were doing in party / linkshell / yell.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 14:42:04  
RadialArcana said: »
Quote:
"cheat action verified by logs"

This implies you talked about what you were doing in party / linkshell / yell.

Not at all. Quite a few "too many" lua confirm in echo what action you are taking in the chatlog.

like Gearswap: DD mode TH mode Hybid mode PDT etc

When you type //ma fire that gets recorded, and shouldn't work, that's in the log verifying you used an addon (shortcuts) to make it work
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-23 14:42:40  
Multi-boxing is the real issue here.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 14:43:36  
You are making many assumptions. VW clears the box only and super warp is skipping a menu. 0 - automation.

Oh come on. Superwaprs all function is skipping the menu on characters you’re not touching. It's automation.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 14:43:38  

are you saying that these things aren't done by packet injection? you should stop posting.

i don't care what people use and if they get banned, i'm glad SE is banning people for cheating though. i too wish they would ban all the JP bots as well instead of focusing on whatever they are focusing on but a healthy ban wave every now and again is good for the game.

99% of players definitely do not use send/superwarps, that is a misinformed lie. i was also very specific in how i worded which addons shouldn't be in the launcher. you should all have to brave http sites made in geocites to get your cheats like us old timers, not straight from the ffxiah forums and windower launcher
By Draylo 2020-09-23 14:46:10  
Now we debating the morality of windower addons, things people have been using for almost two decades lol. I doubt its the macros or scripts changing gear. It is more likely something that is using automation to control characters which can appear bot like by nature. I don't get how people don't see anything wrong with using automation to entirely control an army of characters, its something that has sprout up in the last year and a half with everyone 6 boxing+. That was def not something that was commonplace in the past, maybe multiboxing with a whm mule or two but a complete army following you around everywhere was not common.

Automation is almost the same thing as botting, and I doubt SE sees it any differently. I can't speak for which addon caused it but many of those automation addons like superwarps have been quite suspicious from the research I've done.
By Aerison 2020-09-23 14:47:50  

Uses things against TOS, gets banned.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 35 36 37