It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 35 36 37
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-24 18:02:44  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
They actually have banned quite a few people for bidder, I lost some AH mules to it early last year. They have autobans for spamming the AH faster than is legitimately possible, and have even during the periods where enforcement was zilch. So, good catch there.

I'd still shove it into tier 1. If there's a tier 0, it'd be stuff like medalgate that all but guarantees you'll be banned.

Fair. I was bumping it to 0 because the records are permanent and so easy to spot.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 18:05:24  
from the perspective of the receiving instance it is just as much automation as any of the others, and no game dev is going to distinguish it just because it's user initiated on a per-command basis
How is it any different than entering commands via the keyboard? Obviously it varies by use, but if all you're doing is using it to enter commands remotely, then no, I don't agree with it being "automation" or really distinguishable than any other text command.

Maybe there's a fundamental disagreement with the term "automation" here.
 Asura.Arico
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-24 18:10:05  
Also while we're on the subject of bidder. I'd recommend never using
Code
//send @all buy
to buy stuff on the auction house. There is this weird interaction which is insanetly obvious if SE ever wants to look at it. For each character you buy from -- it creates a duplicate copy of the transaction in the history.

For example -- If you have 5 characters loaded and you do //send @all buy fire crystal stack 10,000 each one of your characters will have 5 duplicate transactions in the AH record. If you have 10 characters there will be 10, etc. Huge paper trail which stays on ffxiah forever(Rook's secret vault of data) and probably stays in SE's database for a week or two.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 18:10:29  
The instance is acting without user input. If they were to ever add something to check for input manipulation, things like send and fastfollow would appear similarly to bots. This could be something as simple as a 'is this instance currently in focus?' check when a command is fed through anything other than a macro.

You can argue about the usage of automation, but from the perspective of the receiving instance it is still input that was not generated legitimately.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-24 18:11:17  
Jetackuu said: »

OH REALLY?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 18:13:21  
Asura.Arico said: »

OH REALLY?
Dude, *** off.
[+]
 Asura.Dontclickme
By Asura.Dontclickme 2020-09-24 18:15:03  
He's clearly saying don't use banable tools if you don't want to get banned. He's not a hypocrit for telling people not to use them. He just doesn't care if he gets banned.

That seems to be a direct contradiction to what hypocrisy means.

Without diving into this too deeply, there is such a thing as a conditional statement.

If you do not want to risk a ban, you should not use insert tools here.

I'm curious about this. Conditional statements would apply to someone who regrets the actions due to some consequence. And when said person appeals to another's sensibilities to "not let what happened to me happen to you".

Here doesn't seem to be the case. It's almost like someone saying, "Hey! Don't put your hand into the blinder while it's on!" as they slowly put their hand into the blinder. Regardless if they care about losing a finger or two.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 18:17:07  
The instance is acting without user input. If they were to ever add something to check for input manipulation, things like send and fastfollow would appear similarly to bots. This could be something as simple as a 'is this instance currently in focus?' check when a command is fed through anything other than a macro.

You can argue about the usage of automation, but from the perspective of the receiving instance it is still input that was not generated legitimately.

I guess it really depends on how one uses it, and really I guess on if they're using it on multiple accounts at once. I mean if one really wanted to, they could control multiple characters with purely hardware, I imagine it would be a nightmare when out of sync though :D
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 18:18:52  
Is english not your first language, or do you just have a very poor comprehension of it? Consequences are not always viewed the same between people.

If a RMT loses a character, they don't cry over it, they roll up a new one immediately as a cost of business. Thus, cheating and risking a ban is only as harmful as the cost of recreating the (likely basic) character. If a career player who's been around for 15 years and has an emotional bond to their character loses that character, it's going to sting a little more. The RMT can advise the career player not to cheat, while still cheating themselves, and not be a hypocrite.

If someone who makes 2 million a year gets a speeding ticket, they will probably be more annoyed at the stop than the fine. Whereas, someone scraping by on minimum wage is going to be seriously strapped for cash or driving uninsured after it hits their record. The high-income person can tell the low-income person that speeding is an unacceptable risk in their current position, while still speeding themselves, and not be a hypocrite.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-09-24 18:22:20  
To talk about automation from a different perspective, FFXI's client is designed to prevent the need for server-side capacity uplifts.

Just a few months ago, Fujito during a monthly video, sounded almost desperate when he talked about the instance capacity of certain fights vs entire zones Like Dynamis D and Hazhalm.

The client purposely prevents you from zoning every 2 minutes and takes 3-5 seconds between AH transactions because most certainly, the servers can not handle 500-1000 people doing these activities so frequently. Their servers, caches and backend databases are likely ready to fall over (and this is likely why, they've been silent about server merges too).
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-24 18:25:12  
Dude, *** off.

Jeez.

I know I know. you think my cat is ugly.
[+]
 Asura.Dontclickme
By Asura.Dontclickme 2020-09-24 18:26:05  
Is english not your first language, or do you just have a very poor comprehension of it? Consequences are not always viewed the same between people.

Easy there tiger. All that was asked was clarification.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-24 18:29:40  
hmmm so if an AI were to become self-aware... and played FFXI

would it be automation?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 18:35:25  
Binder and an auxiliary device for adding extra input buttons is all you need to multibox. Everything can be done with vanilla commands from there on with basic .txt scripts. I was doing this before GS and windower 4+ was even a thing.....
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-24 18:38:03  
Asura.Memes said: »
I've never been banned but thanks for your concern.

Aerix said: »
If his FFXI streams and videos became the most prominent modern showcase for the game it would cause issues.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
They are NOT willing/able to update the game in a MEANINGful way for interface or say... Direct X 11~12, or the menu's etc...
but at the same time, they still want all the subscribers.

I 100% believe that they wish that they could roll all of FF11's subscribers into FF14 and pull the plug on 11. I also believe if FFXI wasn't part of the numbered main Final Fantasy series that it would have likely been discontinued by now.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-24 18:38:36  
Asura.Tsm said: »

not being able to see why send is in a sketchier territory than other addons means you have no understanding of how it works.

"Not being able to see my awesome new clothes just proves you are a classless person and you don't get to voice an opinoin"

LAME!!

unfortnately I'm not cool enough to make a meme

Not being able to articulate your position means you have no leg to stand on.

Asura.Panasync said: »
I don't understand why people would be offended at multiboxing.

In my opinion you answered your own question.

but one reaons to multibox is to handle more content on your own without depending on other players.

The reason the community used to be much stronger is because you didn't have a large chunk of players playing full party/partial alliances of semi-automated bots with legendary gear, making anyone that isn't your BFF only worthwhile to you as a source of Gil.

It's the same reason SE made trusts relatively weak. If they were too strong there would be no need to team up with anyone else. I think their philosophy for the game is they want players working together, trusts are supposed to be a last resort if you can't find anyone, multiboxing typically is not used in that way.

.... so what you're saying is you are entitled to actual GOOD players to carry you thru content... but you don't get that if they BOT!?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-24 18:46:16  
See how helpful that last page was? That was what I was trying to get people to discuss every time this thread came up. Now people can be more informed about what are more risky addons. While anything that breaks the ToS comes with a risk, its quite clear people aren't going to play vanilla.

OH REALLY?
Dude, *** off.

You honestly come across aggressive to anyone. You do it in every thread honestly, maybe you need to take a break. Altho he probably has me blocked.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-24 18:47:31  

This was exactly what I was trying to suggest to Eijin in his stream. They don't even send tells anymore to verify if people are afk botting or pull them into jail. They probably don't see a difference between doing this and actually botting afk.

Without diving into this too deeply, there is such a thing as a conditional statement.

If you do not want to risk a ban, you should not use insert tools here.

It is not hypocritical to say that, while also using those tools. This is an issue of linguistics, and whether or not you agree with Tsm it is not very hard to understand. Nearly everyone is always taking some level of risk in this game, when you look at the endgame population a significant majority of them use banworthy tools. Whether SE chooses to ban for these tools, who knows.

I would personally break it into 3 tiers:
Tier 1(moderate risk, verified to cause bans): Position alteration, Speed alteration, automated play

Tier 2(low risk, not verified, but i still wouldn't talk about them ingame chat): pretty much anything tsm listed, and yes i would put send in there.. from the perspective of the receiving instance it is just as much automation as any of the others, and no game dev is going to distinguish it just because it's user initiated on a per-command basis

Tier 3(i would be shocked if anyone got banned for these): windower/ashita themselves, ui and input modifications for the same instance, anything that doesn't directly send keypresses or modify/send packets

If you use anything in tier 1, you are in the ban lotto every time it happens, period. If you use anything in tier 2, there is some risk you may be banned down the road. If you use anything in tier 2 and talk about it or stream it then that risk increases substantially.

edit: beaten, but whatever i'm leaving it

What I've been saying for pages and every time this thread comes up, but never any likes!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 18:51:17  
Draylo said: »
You honestly come across aggressive to anyone. You do it in every thread honestly, maybe you need to take a break. Altho he probably has me blocked.
Indeed, post count = authority to be a deuche around here more often than not. (At least in their own minds)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-24 18:53:11  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Indeed, post count = authority to be a deuche around here more often than not. (At least in their own minds)

so what you saying is, I should bot the forum, to raise my post count, so I can freely be a deuche?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-24 18:56:40  
He must have the most posts of anyone here, I don't even know how you get that many.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 18:56:57  
My bet that gets you banned:

POS hacking and full blown start to finish automated battle mode. (Giving up full control of your multibox to beat mobs/CP/instances with no input other than pressing the start button and winning with no further interaction from the player as needed for wildcards thrown at you, extra points if it automatically rinses and repeats for you)

Advertising your own use of these things obviously not going to work in your favor either.

Other than that, don't abuse it, and you'll probably be pretty damn low on the list.

That said, vanilla is your safe bet. We all know this, harping on it is pretty *** grade school.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 18:58:34  

so what you saying is, I should bot the forum, to raise my post count, so I can freely be a deuche?
Winning.charliesheen
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-24 18:58:51  
I personally don't buy the streaming angle. I highly highly doubt anyone at SE cares that much about this game to do anything like that. It would have to be so random and weird, like if Matsui himself sat to watch the communities streams and saw his and said oh no we can't do this.

Also bummer on bidder, thats my favorite one of all time. They need to just add that to the game already.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-24 19:07:07  
Rooks said: »
They clearly haven't cracked down on it yet

Took me 2 months of reporting of one notorious bidder and he's finally gone.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-24 19:08:48  

You just post in here on the regular every day for years to inflate your post count to numbers that don't seem human:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18542/random-thoughtswhat-are-you-thinking

[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 19:12:04  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

With bidder, using it to bot the AH and price fix, is pretty obvious and needs addressed. Look into the key words there though, price fixing with bots. Botting.....

Everytime one of these threads pops up, it's either botting or flee hacking 99% of the time.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-24 19:14:17  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

With bidder, using it to bot the AH and price fix, is pretty obvious and needs addressed. Look into the key words there though, price fixing with bots. Botting.....

Everytime one of these threads pops up, it's either botting or flee hacking 99% of the time.

Ya, he was price fixing with one character and buying with the other. Good riddance.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 19:14:34  
Also, ffs, this needs reiterated:

That said, vanilla is your safe bet. We all know this, harping on it is pretty *** grade school.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 19:36:46  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
This is literally the best thing that came from this thread.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 35 36 37