It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 35 36 37
 Sylph.Lynh
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lynh
By Sylph.Lynh 2020-09-24 19:42:39  
I'm just here for the memes and goldfish scooping.

[+]
By Arkanethered 2020-09-24 19:43:48  
I would like to thank the FFXIAH community for this thread... I've been back for a couple of months after a 7 year break with no real drama.

I needed this.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 19:44:24  
I mean, it's not Salvage Ban worthy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 19:45:29  
In all fairness; if you live in the EU, you can demand they give you exact information on what got you banned and force them to comply. Any data they have on you must be given upon request.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-24 19:47:16  
Nope, it applies to the human, not the account. Personal information is something of a completely different scope.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 19:53:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nope, it applies to the human, not the account. Personal information is something of a completely different scope.

Any information about you. This includes your account, depending on the ban and the information surrounding it. Your account is personal data.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-24 19:56:33  
No, the account is SE property.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-24 20:02:08  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
In all fairness; if you live in the EU, you can demand they give you exact information on what got you banned and force them to comply. Any data they have on you must be given upon request.

Article 6, 1F. No they don't.

EDIT To be more clear. They don't have to. Some companies do, but they can claim keeping it a secret is a legitimate reason to maintain the integrity of the ban. Other companies have successfully claimed this.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 20:02:14  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
No, the account is SE property.

You use the account, it contains your personal data. GDPR is specifically designed vaguely worded so accounts that are not "yours" are still considered your personal data.

Ontop of this; theyll likely act with caution even if they think they dont need to comply due to the intentional vague nature of it. GDPR requests have already been used numerous times to get information on bans, and have even lead to mass ban overturns in games like GW2, when their automated ban system *** up and banned a group of people for faulty reasons.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 20:04:57  
Draylo said: »
You honestly come across aggressive to anyone. You do it in every thread honestly, maybe you need to take a break. Altho he probably has me blocked.

I don't care, never have cared, and never will care. I don't have you blocked, but as you are one of the people who like to continuously harass me, welcome to the list.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 20:11:51  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
You use the account, it contains your personal data. GDPR is specifically designed vaguely worded so accounts that are not "yours" are still considered your personal data.
And a really smart lawyer will take that vague wording and twist it to mean no in this case.

This isn't the first time vague wording has backfired on the state, even in European courts....
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-09-24 20:12:16  
Pet: Enmity-1
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-24 20:13:01  
Arkanethered said: »
I would like to thank the FFXIAH community for this thread... I've been back for a couple of months after a 7 year break with no real drama.

I needed this.

You should have seen the medals thread from last year. (I just found out it was deleted. I just assumed it was locked and fell off the recent threads list).

Spoiler'd for redundancy since the situation resolved itself.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-24 20:17:09  
@Aeonova - Facts, I came back for the memes; I wasn't let down. Funny thing is I just bought a 40 too lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 20:18:47  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
@Aeonova - Facts, I came back for the memes; I wasn't let down. Funny thing is I just bought a 40 too lol.
Such a shame, better booze exists, what are you a 90's burnout skater?!? Refine that palate!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-24 20:23:52  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Such a shame, better booze exists, what are you a 90's burnout skater?!? Refine that palate!
Im just a cheap ***, and I actually love Cobras... NOT always, but mostly. Also I did skate in the 90's. :(

Double edit: not to be confused with rollerblades.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 20:27:44  
You mean dah fruit booters?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-24 20:28:15  
Losing event exclusive items that you cant get anymore would suck worse than augments! Vanity is the true end game.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-24 20:29:09  
I'd be more pissed about being behind on deeds than anything else.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 20:30:51  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I'd be more pissed about being behind on deeds than anything else.
Been back about 10 months now from before they introduced those, I'm like at 80 on my main, haha.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-24 20:32:37  
Asura.Arico said: »
Huge paper trail which stays on ffxiah forever(Rook's secret vault of data) and probably stays in SE's database for a week or two.

Ha, no. AH records are permanent. The client will only show you so many at a time, but they definitely have it all. Anything that's ever been used by RMT at scale (AH transactions, dbox, trades) is logged. What they do with those logs? Who can say, but they definitely have them. And if I can see if you're using bidder - and I can - then they definitely can. It's always been a question of desire to crack down for them, nothing more. If SE ever got serious about cracking down on third party tool use pretty much everyone would be screwed.

(This is exactly why they will never really do that, and it will continue to be a lottery so they can maintain the illusion of enforcement.)

Asura.Aeonova said: »
deleted

Very few things are ever permanently deleted here. It's just invisible. If there's really specific stuff you want from it, I can get it for you.

Quote:

This isn't even a top five for this year. Stick around, man. It does have its moments.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-24 20:33:36  

You missed out dude.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 20:38:44  
Bidder, just from the stand point of being able to access the AH from anywhere in an appropriate city zone is pretty benign in my opinion. The trouble lies in the additional typed command to buy things that is a problem. Because it enables the price fixing automation, that is the real problem.

If they had just kept it at being able to access the menu, but still having to still manually interact with the vanilla menu after that. No big deal. IMHO.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 20:40:43  

You missed out dude.
I had a pair of both, ain't gonna lie, the boots were easier to enjoy right out of the gate.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-24 20:42:27  
I had a pair of both, ain't gonna lie, the boots were easier to enjoy right out of the gate.

Yup. Rollerblades plateus pretty early in terms of skill, but you could do a lot in like your first week of skating. Skateboarding takes forever to get good.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-24 20:43:40  
You mean dah fruit booters?
Hah! I have not heard that term in years, holy hell, I had to think about it for a second. Damn did I really use to call it that? /sigh.

You missed out dude.
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL Nah bud lol.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-24 20:49:39  
Off thread topic, but I don't see this thread having the steam to last that much longer:
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 20:50:51  
The real problem is that SE is trying to make the player economy exist at all without the playerbase to actually support it.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-24 20:50:51  

Yup. Rollerblades plateus pretty early in terms of skill, but you could do a lot in like your first week of skating. Skateboarding takes forever to get good.

I Use to have a lot of friends that were actually sponsored locally where I am from. We use to travel every weekend to go find new places to skate. Was def. some good times! I never really took it seriously, but enjoyed it none the less.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 35 36 37