It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 35 36 37
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 15:16:28  
Jetackuu said: »
lol, again: what is wrong with send?
It enables you to control your characters as though you had a G-key KB. Just flat out the debil. Like foosball and girls.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-24 15:21:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I don't understand why people would be offended at multiboxing.

In my opinion you answered your own question.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
but one reaons to multibox is to handle more content on your own without depending on other players.

The reason the community used to be much stronger is because you didn't have a large chunk of players playing full party/partial alliances of semi-automated bots with legendary gear, making anyone that isn't your BFF only worthwhile to you as a source of Gil.

It's the same reason SE made trusts relatively weak. If they were too strong there would be no need to team up with anyone else. I think their philosophy for the game is they want players working together, trusts are supposed to be a last resort if you can't find anyone, multiboxing typically is not used in that way.
[+]
By Foxfire 2020-09-24 15:31:24  
ah yes, the community was much stronger

sitting in a town for 5 hours because your job wasn't desirable for [x] camp at [y] level range

"just level a useful job lol"

there's pros and cons to multiboxing - one of them is not having to rely on shouting for extended periods of time to get anything done

anyway rip ejiin, what are you gonna do
i don't really play so the wiki guide is up to whoever to maintain if they want
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-24 15:36:50  
Foxfire said: »
ah yes, the community was much stronger

sitting in a town for 5 hours because your job wasn't desirable for [x] camp at [y] level range

"just level a useful job lol"

there's pros and cons to multiboxing - one of them is not having to rely on shouting for extended periods of time to get anything done

anyway rip ejiin, what are you gonna do
i don't really play so the wiki guide is up to whoever to maintain if they want

Firstly, I don't think the meta excluding certain jobs has anything to do with full party multiboxing. Some jobs getting shafted or not included doesn't invalidate the point I made at all.

Lastly, that is just simply not how the majority of multiboxing is used. People aren't filling holes where they can't get a player after shouting, they're skipping the shouting process altogether. Most are not interested in playing with others unless they're selling them gear, and that's about the only thing they truly shout for these days.
By Foxfire 2020-09-24 15:43:02  
you say that they're "skipping the shouting process" like it's a bad thing

imagine just being able to jump into content at your own pace

[edit: apparently you edited while i typed that out, but yeah - meta excluding jobs - be it for level grinding or endgame - definitely helped people move towards multiboxing. what we have now is just the eventual evolution of that behavior after a dwindling userbase.]

sure there's bots everywhere on asura; sure there's mercs everywhere on asura

there's definitely overlap on them too! nobody can deny that fact lmao

but that doesn't mean that people don't group up
these stupid generalizations are tiring as hell

get a linkshell that does content and group with them. this game's what, 17 years old? people stick to their cliques as much as they can or multibox instead of wasting time sitting around.

shrug

those who care to continue playing will make new accounts or move on, as it always happens.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-24 15:48:19  

It is for the community as a whole. People are looked at as a way to make money, not challenge things together and form friendships and bonds, and all that mushy ***.

I don't have to imagine that, they added trusts for that. They simply don't want all content to be a solo experience so they limit them.

but that doesn't mean that people don't group up these stupid generalizations are tiring as hell

Why would full party top geared multiboxers group up? to do what? You've stated they don't need others to do content, and I don't see many if any shouts to join them unless it's for them to sell something.

get a linkshell that does content and group with them. this game's what, 17 years old? people stick to their cliques as much as they can or multibox instead of wasting time sitting around.

That's why the game is in such a ***state IMO. Also let's not pretend like their multiboxing is some sort of last resort because they can't find anyone else so they have to sit around otherwise, that's just a complete lie.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-09-24 15:54:08  
Asura.Dontclickme said: »
Asura.Tsm said: »
there's still no one saying that ffxi should be played vanilla though bro. i have not seen this argument by anyone on these forums.

if you can't figure out why distance is more acceptable than send or anchor then it's amazing that you got ffxi installed in the first place.

meant to reply to the wall of text but ejin replied inbetween and somehow it applies to both of you.

stop using anchor/crafts/superwarps/vw/send/enhanced gearswaps/anything that interacts with another screen without touching it. this is simple stuff

And you should stop using EasyFarm. Remember the few times in Escha-Rua'an that your bot was found parked across the map from where you set it up? That was me.
Right? This TSM guy gotta be slow in the head. He seems to think everything he list is the only reason someone can be banned when its clearly not. Guy using easy farm tell others to stop doing stuff he does. Also people have said play vanilla if you worried about being banned you just keep ignoring it or saying other stuff. Again everyone using windower knows the cost.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Aerix 2020-09-24 15:57:03  
ksoze said: »
yeah personally i dont think new players hardly exist anymore, only returning ones or maybe friends of old players etc.

starting new will keep you on bg wiki and ffxiencl for a long time before watching videos on end game.

personally i love ffxi content on youtube by all ppl.

rua, logic, aerix (love your pup ones dude), cloudchief and other guys.

@aerix, you need to try the t4s

Thanks, glad you enjoy the videos!

As for new players, there obviously aren't many, but if you keep an eye on the FFXI subreddit you do see a fresh player posting every few weeks. They're usually FF14 players or someone playing the entire FF series from start to finish.

And I assume you mean HELMs? Yeah, I've been meaning to make some new PUP solo videos at some point, but I've been feeling kinda burnt out from the game lately so I haven't been playing much outside of occasional Ambu with my static. I will make a bunch of new videos in the future once I get back into it, though.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-24 16:10:31  
Asura.Panasync said: »

It is for the community as a whole. People are looked at as a way to make money, not challenge things together and form friendships and bonds, and all that mushy ***.

I don't have to imagine that, they added trusts for that. They simply don't want all content to be a solo experience so they limit them.

but that doesn't mean that people don't group up these stupid generalizations are tiring as hell

Why would full party top geared multiboxers group up? to do what? You've stated they don't need others to do content, and I don't see many if any shouts to join them unless it's for them to sell something.

That's why the game is in such a ***state IMO. Also let's not pretend like their multiboxing is some sort of last resort because they can't find anyone else so they have to sit around otherwise, that's just a complete lie.

You are assuming that people who multibox, would be forced to make bond and find friends if multiboxing wouldnt be possible. Reality is that most of them wouldnt play at all instead. They would just quit, or at most play solo only. Shouting for anything, but Ambuscade is simply outdated in 2020. Community is too small for that anywhere outside of Asura. If you like playing with people, find linkshell or friends and play with them.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-24 16:17:50  
Quote:
You are assuming that people who multibox, would be forced to make bond and find friends if multiboxing wouldnt be possible. Reality is that most of them wouldnt play at all instead.

I'm not quite sure how you can speak on behalf of everyone 5+ multiboxing, but I have a feeling if you got rid of anything in excess of 2 multiboxed characters the only people that would straight up leave would be people who are only playing as a source of RMT income. Even then I'm not sure I'd agree with your theory.

Quote:
If you like playing with people, find linkshell or friends and play with them.

That's the point of an MMO, particularly FFXI, and that's what the majority of us do. That said, the same can be said in the reverse, if you don't like playing with people on an MMO of all things, go play a single player FF. Go make a private server where you're the only person there and you can do nothing but multibox entire alliances.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-24 16:26:22  
Quote:
You are assuming that people who multibox, would be forced to make bond and find friends if multiboxing wouldnt be possible. Reality is that most of them wouldnt play at all instead.

I'm not quite sure how you can speak on behalf of everyone 5+ multiboxing, but I have a feeling if you got rid of anything in excess of 2 multiboxed characters the only people that would straight up leave would be people who are only playing as a source of RMT income. Even then I'm not sure I'd agree with your theory.

Quote:

That's the point of an MMO, particularly FFXI, and that's what the majority of us do. That said, the same can be said in the reverse, if you don't like playing with people on an MMO of all things, go play a single player FF. Go make a private server where you're the only person there and you can do nothing but multibox entire alliances.

I quadbox so that I don't have to deal with other people's nonsense. X has a baby or Y has a wife he needs to go help out. I don't care. I don't want to wait for you. I have a limited playtime and I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Occasionally, like for ambuscade, I'll even take some returnees/gimps to help them clear VD and gear up quicker. They almost always appreciate it.

For the most part though, I like playing by myself while socializing with friends in the meantime. I play 4 characters better than most people can play 1. If there's ever any mistakes all I can blame is myself. I have full control and I like it that way. If I want to afk and smoke a bowl or take a crap I can do it whenever I want and don't have to feel guilty about it.
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2020-09-24 16:28:22  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Quote:

Quote:

I quadbox so that I don't have to deal with other people's nonsense. X has a baby or Y has a wife he needs to go help out. I don't care. I don't want to wait for you. I have a limited playtime and I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Occasionally, like for ambuscade, I'll even take some returnees/gimps to help them clear VD and gear up quicker. They almost always appreciate it.

For the most part though, I like playing by myself while socializing with friends in the meantime. I play 4 characters better than most people can play 1. If there's ever any mistakes all I can blame is myself. I have full control and I like it that way. If I want to afk and smoke a bowl or take a crap I can do it whenever I want and don't have to feel guilty about it.
%100 agree with you man on all of it, I don’t have time to play a waiting game game. I do things when I have chance.
By SimonSes 2020-09-24 16:28:59  

Im talking only about multiboxer who dont group up at all now. I know plenty of multiboxers who do both multibox and play solo in groups with one character. Multiboxers who only play alone would probably quit (or switch to solo only), because in general they multibox alone because of 2 reasons:
a) they dont like playing with people
b) they dont have time to play with people

Same can be said in the reverse, if you don't like playing with people on an MMO, go play a single player FF. Go make a private server where you're the only person there and you can do nothing but multibox entire alliances.

Not sure if you are serious here. People play FFXI, because they like FFXI. If they would like to play other FF game, they would go and play it.

Yeah because setting up private server with access to every monthly update is easy XD Also people who multibox still chat a lot in game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 16:30:29  
Multiboxing in no way hinders group content. The game just has less players, but there was always a small portion of the community doing endgame content anyway.

Before SE made it stupid easy to do CoP and removed level restrictions, they openly stated that only some tiny portion of the community even beat all 3 promys.

Ontop of that, things like HNMs only spawned once a day/week, and they were entirely RMT controlled via whoever paid for the best addons and wanted to sell which LS got the claim.

Ontop of that; jobs that are commonly boxed are jobs/roles no one really wants to play. Healers are still stupidly stressful to play and watch everything, and bots can do that better when you set them up right.

And things like bard are just not that enjoyable gameplay. Bard needed to be deleted when cor was made or remade to be more like cor. Its just never been an enjoyable job for more than a tiny fraction of players, but was also a job that was near mandatory.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 16:42:59  
I'm not quite sure how you can speak on behalf of everyone 5+ multiboxing

Ill also reiterate their point;

Almost every single person that multiboxes would not play the game if they could not multibox.

For most, multiboxing in and of itself is fun and a way to push themselves, and also helps them control more of the otherwise uncontrollable aspects of the game.

Multiboxers in no way impact your personal experience in any negative manner.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-24 16:44:14  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Bard needed to be deleted when cor was made or remade to be more like cor.

How is BRD different than COR? Both are DD support. The only difference is COR has higher damage potential when Leaden works, but the gameplay is almost the same.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-24 16:45:41  
I'm not quite sure how you can speak on behalf of everyone 5+ multiboxing

Ill also reiterate their point;

Almost every single person that multiboxes would not play the game if they could not multibox.

For most, multiboxing in and of itself is fun and a way to push themselves, and also helps them control more of the otherwise uncontrollable aspects of the game.

Multiboxers in no way impact your personal experience in any negative manner.

If I didnt have 3 other characters to blow my gil on my main would've been capped on equip/RMEAs years ago. Spent more on my damn mules than I have on my main.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 16:53:52  
there's still no one saying that ffxi should be played vanilla though bro. i have not seen this argument by anyone on these forums.

if you can't figure out why distance is more acceptable than send or anchor then it's amazing that you got ffxi installed in the first place.

meant to reply to the wall of text but ejin replied inbetween and somehow it applies to both of you.

stop using anchor/crafts/superwarps/vw/send/enhanced gearswaps/anything that interacts with another screen without touching it. this is simple stuff

And you should stop using EasyFarm. Remember the few times in Escha-Rua'an that your bot was found parked across the map from where you set it up? That was me.

i've never used easyfarm in my life.

i also already have admitted to botting within this thread, but i wouldn't cry like an entitled child for hours on end if banned because i know the risks.

the need to make peoples arguments about the person themselves instead of the context of their post is sad really, especially when these things have already been covered.

not being able to see why send is in a sketchier territory than other addons means you have no understanding of how it works.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 16:56:49  
SimonSes said: »
Bard needed to be deleted when cor was made or remade to be more like cor.

How is BRD different than COR? Both are DD support. The only difference is COR has higher damage potential when Leaden works, but the gameplay is almost the same.

Cor had gameplay in their buffs, and because their buffs were inconsistent, they allowed the job to have real stats and do damage. Bard at the time was a subpar job with buffs because of how powerful their own buffs were. Bards gameplay thus revolved around repeatedly keeping up 2 static 2 minute duration songs on your party. Often, you couldnt even hit the mob because your base combat skills were so low because of your consistent buffs.
 Asura.Dontclickme
By Asura.Dontclickme 2020-09-24 17:10:21  
the need to make peoples arguments about the person themselves instead of the context of their post is sad really, especially when these things have already been covered.

You seem to be completely ignoring the contents of your own posts.

You've admitted to botting, been seen by myself and other players botting. Then you come to a forum and preach to others how they should not use third party programs.

You self-awareness (lack there of) is astonishing.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 17:14:32  

You seem to be completely ignoring the contents of your own posts.

You've admitted to botting, been seen by myself and other players botting. Then you come to a forum and preach to others how they should not use third party programs.

You self-awareness (lack there of) is astonishing.

if people don't want to get banned they shouldn't use the addons i listed. as said several times i don't care if people get banned, please continue using whatever you want. pretending like these things have 0% chance of getting you banned though is unlikely. using any of them puts you at risk. i don't plan to stop botting, i have been banned many times i know the risks.

no idea if byrth(the author of send) reads this shitshow anymore but send uses IPC. systems like warden/etc made by blizzard and whatever specifically look for this type of inter process communication to ban users for using bots. send itself is not inherently malicious but you would 100% be banned on other games instantly for using these types of protocols.

your lack of reading comprehension is astonishing. i've said all this before
 Asura.Dontclickme
By Asura.Dontclickme 2020-09-24 17:28:48  
if people don't want to get banned they shouldn't use the addons i listed. as said several times i don't care if people get banned, please continue using whatever you want. pretending like these things have 0% chance of getting you banned though is unlikely. using any of them puts you at risk. i don't plan to stop botting, i have been banned many times i know the risks.

no idea if byrth(the author of send) reads this shitshow anymore but send uses IPC. systems like warden/etc made by blizzard and whatever specifically look for this type of inter process communication to ban users for using bots. send itself is not inherently malicious but you would 100% be banned on other games instantly for using these types of protocols.

your lack of reading comprehension is astonishing. i've said all this before

Quotes me, then doesn't even address what was said in my post. Then goes on to question my reading comprehension.

Astonishing.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 17:29:55  
the entire first paragraph of what you quoted is a direct response to your post. maybe its time to take a break
 Asura.Dontclickme
By Asura.Dontclickme 2020-09-24 17:36:18  
the entire first paragraph of what you quoted is a direct response to your post. maybe its time to take a break

There's serious confusion going on here. And it's on you. Because. You. Don't. Read.

No where did I argue using third party tools won't result in a potential ban. I'm not arguing that some of the addons of which you are referring don't come with risks for potential bans.

You're telling people they shouldn't use ban-able tools, when you yourself use ban-able tools (like EasyFarm).

That's the issue. Stop preaching when you yourself don't follow your own advice.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-24 17:45:09  

There's serious confusion going on here. And it's on you. Because. You. Don't. Read.

No where did I argue using third party tools won't result in a potential ban. I'm not arguing that some of the addons of which you are referring don't come with risks for potential bans.

You're telling people they shouldn't use ban-able tools, when you yourself use ban-able tools (like EasyFarm).

That's the issue. Stop preaching when you yourself don't follow your own advice.

He's clearly saying don't use banable tools if you don't want to get banned. He's not a hypocrit for telling people not to use them. He just doesn't care if he gets banned.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 17:50:58  
Without diving into this too deeply, there is such a thing as a conditional statement.

If you do not want to risk a ban, you should not use insert tools here.

It is not hypocritical to say that, while also using those tools. This is an issue of linguistics, and whether or not you agree with Tsm it is not very hard to understand. Nearly everyone is always taking some level of risk in this game, when you look at the endgame population a significant majority of them use banworthy tools. Whether SE chooses to ban for these tools, who knows.

I would personally break it into 3 tiers:
Tier 1(moderate risk, verified to cause bans): Position alteration, Speed alteration, automated play

Tier 2(low risk, not verified, but i still wouldn't talk about them ingame chat): pretty much anything tsm listed, and yes i would put send in there.. from the perspective of the receiving instance it is just as much automation as any of the others, and no game dev is going to distinguish it just because it's user initiated on a per-command basis

Tier 3(i would be shocked if anyone got banned for these): windower/ashita themselves, ui and input modifications for the same instance, anything that doesn't directly send keypresses or modify/send packets

If you use anything in tier 1, you are in the ban lotto every time it happens, period. If you use anything in tier 2, there is some risk you may be banned down the road. If you use anything in tier 2 and talk about it or stream it then that risk increases substantially.

edit: beaten, but whatever i'm leaving it
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-24 17:59:24  
I would add tier 0: bidder. Using bidder to buy things leaves obvious (if you know what to look for), permanent records in the AH sales history. If you want to use it to browse, I still find that pretty risky given how easy a "is this character close enough to an AH to do this" check would be, but buying things through it is absolute lunacy.

They clearly haven't cracked down on it yet, but the moment they decide to, they have a wealth of back data to go through and nail anyone who's ever done it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-24 18:00:00  
I was entertaining the idea of a thread where all the addons got ranked 1-10 least to most risk and popcorning at the ensuing "debates"
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 18:01:21  
They actually have banned quite a few people for bidder, I lost some AH mules to it early last year. They have autobans for spamming the AH faster than is legitimately possible, and have even during the periods where enforcement was zilch. So, good catch there.

I'd still shove it into tier 1. If there's a tier 0, it'd be stuff like medalgate that all but guarantees you'll be banned.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 35 36 37