It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 35 36 37
 Ragnarok.Soyven
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-24 10:01:48  
so anyone that was in the banwave do some odin/alex MT exploitations? there was a glitch that ejin used on stream so wondering if thats the possible reason
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 10:02:16  
Asura.Fondue said: »
It warms my heart to check this website and see korpg and jet shitting up threads for over 10 years

stay strong gentlemen, ffxiah needs you
Nice to see you too, whoever you are.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 10:07:31  
Asura.Fondue said: »
It warms my heart to check this website and see korpg and jet shitting up threads for over 10 years

stay strong gentlemen, ffxiah needs you

What is amusing is hateful people like you. Get a clue.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 10:08:18  
I don't even know who that guy is. How can you consider him hateful?
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 10:13:00  
2 people with no accomplishments on ffxi other than shitting up ffxiah forums: we don't know who you are.

this game is a trip.

there is a 0% chance that it was for odin/alex exploits. sorry.

thorny summed it up well, plus ejin has avoided the question of if he bots off stream pretty consistently so there's that
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-24 10:15:21  
Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
so anyone that was in the banwave do some odin/alex MT exploitations? there was a glitch that ejin used on stream so wondering if thats the possible reason

Not that I care to replicate it because I've gotten every drop from HTBF, but what did the glitch involve?
By GwenStacy 2020-09-24 10:16:35  
You guys know that there's a way to make mythics fast
 Ragnarok.Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-24 10:17:53  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Not that I care to replicate it because I've gotten every drop from HTBF, but what did the glitch involve?

Not HTBF, master trial. there's a glitch/exploit where you can get odin and alex to stop using TP moves
 Ragnarok.Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-24 10:19:36  
Asura.Tsm said: »
2 people with no accomplishments on ffxi other than shitting up ffxiah forums: we don't know who you are.

this game is a trip.

there is a 0% chance that it was for odin/alex exploits. sorry.

thorny summed it up well, plus ejin has avoided the question of if he bots off stream pretty consistently so there's that

I call bullocks on a 0% chance of it being for that reason, and it's ignorant to think that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 10:21:18  
Wait, there's accomplishments in FFXI?

What do people get for said accomplishments? A trophy?
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 10:22:36  
I call bullocks on a 0% chance of it being for that reason, and it's ignorant to think that.

there is a 0% chance it was that
 Ragnarok.Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-24 10:23:03  
Funny how he says no accomplishments when he has none himself except shitting up the forums just like he claims others do.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 10:27:48  
To be fair, this thread isn't exactly grade A informational or public service at all.

It started as another drama-laced thread, it will continue as a drama-laced thread, and it will end as a drama-laced thread.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable lock. Then we can do this dance all over again next time somebody is butthurt about getting banned.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-24 10:27:48  
As we reach ten pages of this, a few reminders:

- Stay roughly on topic
- The debate of vanilla vs. fully automated luxury grinding is fine, don't be insufferable about it
- Don't pile on people, especially ones who just lost characters. That sucks, so show some compassion, even if you think they're all cHeAtInG h4XX0rz
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-09-24 10:28:26  
pressing F for all the real ones
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 10:29:15  
the idea of ffxi accomplishments is ridiculous, yall worship ejiin for being years late to this ***, he's still 'practicing' 6boxing B&W with exploits when i was selling it 5box no exploits in 2017

yea dude has no cred to back him up, but that doesn't mean he's wrong, the chance ejiin was banned for his silly B&W stuff is nonexistant
 Ragnarok.Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-24 10:29:31  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

there is a 0% chance it was that

And you can say that for sure, how? I mean not trying to be a *** here, But have you been using the exploit and not got hit or know of others who have? 0% is just a big claim with the way they do the bannings
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 10:29:58  
Honestly, I wish they would just ban the JP and shout bots.

But leave my Whereisdi alone!
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-24 10:30:07  
Asura.Memes said: »
If it's really possible to get ygnas with packets hit me up in PM

I thought about removing this, but if someone's dumb enough to come into a thread about a ban wave to pick up a new easily detectable exploit, then by all means, good sirs, have at it. Your repeated new account dollars keep the game afloat.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-24 10:33:27  
Honestly this thread kinda reminds me of KillingIfrit. I wonder where pubescent me shouting at people is?
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-09-24 10:35:33  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Not HTBF, master trial. there's a glitch/exploit where you can get odin and alex to stop using TP moves
If he did that on a stream/archived public video... that was probably what it was.
*Generally* speaking, the STF has been relatively lenient on people using windower and the like... so long as the more egregious cheats aren't done (pos hacking, disabling knockback, etc).
That being said, it's like with RL weed. Many people do it, everyone knows it, but sometimes the cops do a bust for no reason other than they "need" to. So it likewise could have easily just been getting caught in the net randomly in a sweep.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 10:37:35  
And you can say that for sure, how? I mean not trying to be a *** here, But have you been using the exploit and not got hit or know of others who have? 0% is just a big claim with the way they do the bannings

Exploiting poor mob AI has never been banworthy. You can go back years and find numerous examples, the most blatant being wall of justice and 'pinning'. Find a single example resulting in a ban and I'll reconsider my '0%' stance. If it was triggered by accident, what are you supposed to do? Warp out and quit because the fight was too easy?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-24 10:40:55  

Exploiting poor mob AI has never been banworthy. You can go back years and find numerous examples, the most blatant being wall of justice and 'pinning'. Find a single example of it, and I'll reconsider my '0%' stance. If it was triggered by accident, what are you supposed to do? Warp out and quit because the fight was too easy?

he did repeat it though, on stream. not sure if that would warrant it though
By Felgarr 2020-09-24 10:43:15  
the idea of ffxi accomplishments is ridiculous, yall worship ejiin for being years late to this ***, he's still 'practicing' 6boxing B&W with exploits when i was selling it 5box no exploits in 2017

yea dude has no cred to back him up, but that doesn't mean he's wrong, the chance ejiin was banned for his silly B&W stuff is nonexistant

All due respect, Ejinn has credibility for creating enjoyable content. He also deserves credit for helping a sizeable amount of the unwashed, non-technical masses understand concepts that are sometimes, over their heads.

Sadly, he got what he got. :(
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 10:45:13  
It wouldn't. It's silly speculation. Maybe he did something off stream(seems anyone mentioning they've seen him botting was banned from his stream), but the whole thread just reeks of desperation because everyone depends on the same tools he uses. You probably won't get banned for them if you don't stream and give tutorials on using them. But, there's always a chance.

Everyone wants to think because you worship Ejiin, and because he makes quality content, he should be above the rules. That just isn't how it works, plain and simple. By being in the spotlight, he's more prone to enforcement than anyone else, not less. SE probably doesn't consider his content to be quality in the same manner the playerbase does, they don't need tutorials for multiboxing difficult content to dumb down their game even more.

I've always thought of him as an above average player, I don't watch his stream, nor did I want him banned. But, plain and simple, he deserved to be banned and he was. Plenty of other people deserve to be banned and aren't. It's unfortunate, but it hasn't changed in years. If you use the tools, you risk the ban. Period.

Addendum, we know that afk botting, speed, and pos hacking are the most common ways to be banned. This doesn't mean anchor, JA0, etc.. are safe(though they likely are). If you aren't okay with risking being banned, you need to understand that the community accepting addons as okay does not make them okay in SE's eyes and they can change their standards anytime they want.
[+]
By Aerison 2020-09-24 10:45:40  
Rooks said: »
If it's really possible to get ygnas with packets hit me up in PM

I thought about removing this, but if someone's dumb enough to come into a thread about a ban wave to pick up a new easily detectable exploit, then by all means, good sirs, have at it. Your repeated new account dollars keep the game afloat.
I've never been banned but thanks for your concern.
Be careful though, don't want to be one of those dummies that keep the game afloat by making new accounts...lmao
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 10:50:36  
You know, I once poked the Rooks on the nose once.

I did not like the results.

Just FYI.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-09-24 10:50:39  
Felgarr said: »
All due respect, Ejinn has credibility for creating enjoyable content. He also deserves credit for helping a sizeable amount of the unwashed, non-technical masses understand concepts that are sometimes, over their heads.

Sadly, he got what he got. :(

At the same time, though, if his FFXI streams and videos became the most prominent modern showcase for the game it would cause issues. If I were a completely new or returning player looking into modern FFXI videos and found his stuff before anything else, it would seriously hamper my desire to (re)subscribe to the game.

Seeing someone using 6 accounts and tons of tools just to play the game would be off-putting if you weren't already an active player interested in multiboxing. A lot of people would be wondering if the game was so dead you could only play in that manner and wouldn't be willing to shell out 80+ bucks monthly. Not to mention all the effort setting it up and playing that way.

Even if that's not necessarily the case, a newb wouldn't know any better. A lot of them don't even know about the Trust system sometimes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 35 36 37