users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Opinion] Returning Player DD Question
[Opinion] Returning Player DD Question
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-09-22 10:51:19  
If you want to actually be invited to events, do WHM/GEO/BRD. They're the strongest jobs in the game and nobody wants to play them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-22 10:54:53  
Sylph.Zombiemalphius said: »
If you want to actually be invited to events, do WHM/GEO/BRD. They're the strongest jobs in the game and nobody wants to play them.
Oh man, am I glad that I'm in my shell then.

We have an abundance of WHM/GEO/BRDs in it. Plus, everyone wants to play one of those 3 jobs, and some even only have one of those 3 jobs.

While your advice is good, it's not end-all. People do want to play those jobs, you just need to know how to find them and talk them into joining your groups.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-09-22 11:01:10  
This thread really needs to die already.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-22 11:08:31  
Why?
By Crossbones 2020-09-22 11:19:12  
Because it's dumb as ***. Because the OP who asked the question doesn't give a ***. Because the OP asked specifically what DD to play and people keep suggesting geo whm brd. Because the only content new players do apparently is pug content, and nothing with a small group or LS even though literally ever seasoned player tells new players to join a LS. Because corsair only have 3 rolls they can do and they only matter if they help dps jobs, give me some shitty warcry from your sparks warrior to buff my ifrit while I help gear you as smn. Because people think for some *** idiot reason that qultada and a human cor are the same quality.

Those are some reasons why. If it wasn't for the "parses offend people" thread this would have been the top meme worthy ffxiah thread of the week. It's not quite that stupid but it's getting there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-22 11:30:34  
You can't ask an objective question, to people that only know how to answer subjectively.

How you are capable of playing changes the answer (ie; how min/max are you, how lazy are you, how driven are you, how slow is your reaction time, do you compensate with addons etc) A lazy well geared MNK with bad reaction times, can be a better option for you than a perfectly geared drk.

You can throw out all the if's ands buts parses group v pug etc
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-22 11:33:55  
Can't help about the OP problem.
There has been suggestions regarding "DD onry" crowd vs. "level something that actually contributes" crowd.
Yeah, PUG content is pretty much the only content a returning player with no gear can get into. Do you honestly expect them to come back from 5+ years ready to be main DD in Omen or Dynamis D?
Even if they get into a linkshell that does events, they aren't coming to said events right away...
The main debate on this thread is rolls only COR. If you aren't a rolls only COR, why are you so offended?

I'm glad you have an opinion. You shouldn't get your jimmies rustled though....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-22 11:35:50  
I mean, if you see any incorrect information posted, by all means, state your opinion. You don't have to be offended because somebody has a different opinion than yours...
By SimonSes 2020-09-22 11:39:09  
Crossbones said: »
Because the OP asked specifically what DD to play and people keep suggesting geo whm brd.

I actually answered VERY specifically to OP question right on first page. Then I got called out by Afania, that I came late to the discussion when I got involved in the COR thing. Priceless :)
[+]
By Afania 2020-09-22 11:39:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can't ask an objective question, to people that only know how to answer subjectively.

"What job should I play as" is never going to an objective question by nature. Its always subjective lol.

Afania said: »
There is only one best answer whenever people ask "what DD should I play". The answer has always been "play whatever you like or feel it's the coolest"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-22 11:43:13  
The right answer was the very first reply.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-09-22 11:44:41  
that was literally the first reply to the op

lol damn you eiryl
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-22 11:45:12  
The right answer was the very first reply.

No it wasnt. He asked for hierarchy of power without playstyle preferences. Which means "the one you enjoy playing" doesnt apply here.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-22 11:45:29  
I think we have gone full circle now.

When we get to crying about keeping this thread open and going into semantics, it's obviously because there is nothing more to talk about.

So...

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-22 11:47:05  
That's ok give it a week, another "im back what should I play" will turn into dps dickwaving and we can do the whole thing over again.

Same cast, same stage, same script
[+]
By Prong 2020-09-22 11:51:35  
So Baniak, what server do you play on exactly? Because on my server I've never seen any pt that just sit there shouting for a COR or DD for 20 min, unable to find one, the proceed shout for roll only cor specifically because they are desperate to get the last member.

If such server exist I'd love to go there. DDing on cor is too hard for me, so I'm looking for a group that invite me to their party as a roll only cor :(

Serious.

He plays on your server and is in your linkshell, Afa, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-22 11:56:20  
Prong said: »
He plays on your server and is in your linkshell, Afa, lol.
By Afania 2020-09-22 11:56:31  
SimonSes said: »
I actually answered VERY specifically to OP question right on first page. Then I got called out by Afania, that I came late to the discussion when I got involved in the COR thing. Priceless :)

No you didn't, lol. You replied my latest post in your first post, not OP's. And you skipped 7 pages of discussions, misunderstood vast majority of points made before your post. I thought I was actually kinda nice when I called you out lol.

Who the even said something like "roll only cor is the worst choice ever" here? I didn't even say a thing when people suggested COR in the first page.

But then people start pouring in inaccurate informations fanboying it like it's an overwhelmingly better option than everything else, even went as far as saying "cor rolls are better than haste", this is when I feel like I have to say something.

It's fine to suggest something, it's not fine to suggest it and hide the negatives that comes with it, or exaggerate the positives just to win the debate. And people still do that on now page 9.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-22 11:58:40  
Who the even said something like "roll only cor is the worst choice ever" here?
To be fair, it could be construed that I did.

Never said it's the worse choice ever, just stating that a rolls only COR isn't the type of player you would want to help since they will never get past the first real gear wall. Which, basically, is AF/Relic/Emp/Ambu.
By Afania 2020-09-22 12:14:35  
Crossbones said: »
give me some shitty warcry from your sparks warrior to buff my ifrit while I help gear you as smn. Because people think for some *** idiot reason that qultada and a human cor are the same quality.

Just FYI, when people posted "qultada is a better choice than human cor", I corrected them, twice.

"Slightly" outperform yes, "vastly" outperform no.

Decided to compare dps of a roll only cor v.s same player coming on a different DD+ qultada,

Pt1 DD DPS: 6337 (real cor pt)
Pt2 DD DPS: 5299 (qultada pt)

Nevermind the fact that nobody even mention sparks warrior ONCE in this entire discussion.

There ARE informations in this thread, at least I tried to post them. But then it was buried under tons of ***posts that does nothing except trying to put fuels in the fire lol.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-22 12:16:33  
No you didn't, lol. You replied my latest post in your first post, not OP's. And you skipped 7 pages of discussions, misunderstood vast majority of points made before your post. I thought I was actually kinda nice when I called you out lol.

I was referencing to my 7 posts on first 2 pages answering directly to OP. Replying to his concern and what he heard about Calad DRK and how it stacks against Masamune SAM that he mentioned too. I also answered about DD hierarchy that he basically asked about without playstyle preferences.

Your first post was last post on page 3 and it was already off-topic. Im not saying you crated that off-topic, but you answered none of OP question. So if anyone was late to the discussion it was you, not me. I was maybe late to off topic discussion lol.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2020-09-22 15:43:04  
Not gonna lie, the reason I blinked out of existence was the eternal "no, you" that gets thrown around. I appreciate the price who actually answered "play what you want" but unfortunately, that doesn't always work. I'm glad to know that much more is viable now than when I last played, however. When I was around before, MNK and WAR were barely viable and you had to be perfect to be that. The game may be the same, but the way the game is played has changed.

I asked a subjective question and expected subjective results. I didn't expect, to my own fault, contests to see who could pee the farthest. There was a wealth of information, and likely an equal amount of misinformation, and it was a lot to process. Now that I have had the chance to catch up and fully process 9 pages of posts, I find myself still sitting in the same boat I began in.

So, for any interested, I have decided to re-gear my WHM and finish gearing my RUN. I don't have Yagrush or Epeolatry, but they are goals to work toward. As time goes on, I'll begin building my way to COR, as I used to have it geared in Delve days and really enjoyed it. I can start building my way there by using WHM and RUN in party content to collect gear and funds to work toward things like Death Penalty. Seems like the thread has truly come full circle and is time to wrap up. Thanks again, everyone, because even with all the in-fighting, there was information to be gathered and I appreciate the contribution.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-09-22 15:58:54  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Not gonna lie, the reason I blinked out of existence was the eternal "no, you" that gets thrown around. I appreciate the price who actually answered "play what you want" but unfortunately, that doesn't always work. I'm glad to know that much more is viable now than when I last played, however. When I was around before, MNK and WAR were barely viable and you had to be perfect to be that. The game may be the same, but the way the game is played has changed.

I asked a subjective question and expected subjective results. I didn't expect, to my own fault, contests to see who could pee the farthest. There was a wealth of information, and likely an equal amount of misinformation, and it was a lot to process. Now that I have had the chance to catch up and fully process 9 pages of posts, I find myself still sitting in the same boat I began in.

So, for any interested, I have decided to re-gear my WHM and finish gearing my RUN. I don't have Yagrush or Epeolatry, but they are goals to work toward. As time goes on, I'll begin building my way to COR, as I used to have it geared in Delve days and really enjoyed it. I can start building my way there by using WHM and RUN in party content to collect gear and funds to work toward things like Death Penalty. Seems like the thread has truly come full circle and is time to wrap up. Thanks again, everyone, because even with all the in-fighting, there was information to be gathered and I appreciate the contribution.

You should have lied and said you chose to be a roll COR, just to kick the beehive
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2020-09-22 16:07:25  
Asura.Friedrik said: »
Asura.Vafruvant said: »

You should have lied and said you chose to be a roll COR, just to kick the beehive
Lol, man, missed opportunity
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-22 16:08:04  
Not too late, you can edit
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-22 16:13:14  
That's ok give it a week, another "im back what should I play" will turn into dps dickwaving and we can do the whole thing over again.

Same cast, same stage, same script

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-22 17:01:00  
You must define "best". As in "highest damage / fastest" mostly never.

"safest / Idiot proof" is not "best"
By SimonSes 2020-09-22 17:16:29  
As in "highest damage / fastest" mostly never.

Lol what XD

Pretty much EVERY time when you can keep up Impetus full time (so fights shorter than 3min) and when you are not using SPs on DDs.

If self SCing is involved then MNK is king of light. DRG is king of Darkness.

When SPs are involved then WAR obviously, then DNC probably if fight is really short, then Im not sure.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-22 17:18:11  
Adding qualifiers disqualifies

If all the other dd are dead, WHM is the best DD. inarguable truth.
If every other dd crashes their console, BST is the best DD.
If every other DD comes naked, GEO is the best DD
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10