First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-09-17 12:25:08  
As several have mentioned, even a basic geared cor will get you into 80-90% of content and it’s not hard to build up a really good roll set to get you into the harder content, then there is the not too often mention DD cor which has a lot of potential. As all DDs are, cor DD is situational and usually requires a lot of gear investment but once you have that it becomes one of the most versatile DDs and support jobs in the game, I don’t know of any other job that can bring buffs ranged damage magic damage and melee damage at the level of cor, and with the most unique buffs around many of which are not available from other sources makes it wanted for just about all pt setups.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-17 12:33:04  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
As several have mentioned, even a basic geared cor will get you into 80-90% of content and it’s not hard to build up a really good roll set to get you into the harder content, then there is the not too often mention DD cor which has a lot of potential. As all DDs are, cor DD is situational and usually requires a lot of gear investment but once you have that it becomes one of the most versatile DDs and support jobs in the game, I don’t know of any other job that can bring buffs ranged damage magic damage and melee damage at the level of cor, and with the most unique buffs around many of which are not available from other sources makes it wanted for just about all pt setups.

This really comes across as someone who does not play Corsair suggesting Corsair.

Since the introduction of Dynamis-Divergence, no job has seen a faster growth of "new blood" as everyone and their momma wants to do those amazing Leadens....its the new rush to gear job, its the next AC/AF Summoner, or Bandwagnarok Warrior.

As a result, there is no longer such a thing as a "Rolls-Only" COR, because literally any shout group can find someone with equal or better rolls that ALSO DPS's with zero loss. Bringing a roll-only COR is literally like bringing five people to a 6-man party these days.

Corsair DPS is not "situational". They are more capable of dealing all three forms of damage (melee, ranged physical, and magical) than any other job outside of a kclub ranger. And they're a lot more sturdy than almost any full DD due to malignance gear and the -DT traits from Rostam.

You are dead on right that the investment to make COR what people expect these days is expensive. Its a horrible first job these days. And to suggest it to someone returning in 2020 like its still 2017 and "just get a roll set to get in the door" is viable is unfair to that person.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-17 12:33:55  
I hate this thread because it's all going to be subjective and nearly none of the suggestions are really practical. I have a new player who started playing NIN, and all he heard was "Make a Naegling Savage blade set, its top DPS for NIN". So I get hit up asking for my Savage blade set/thoughts, which for a new player, is just horrible, impractical advice (because you have to make stupid things like Magian katana and you might not even have acc to support it).

Anyways, to OP, your DRK is probably fine for getting a party, as Caldbolg is really good for the job. I think DRK (any DD) needs to be more complete than just pure DD thought . You need to have drain/dread spikes/dark magic/meva/dt sets in addition to damage, which I think is always the bigger challenge in preparing to max out any DD job. Being able to pump out huge numbers, in today's game IMO is just irrelevant. Monsters fight back and most players who focus too much on damage potential always end up being terrible DDs because they cannot survive anything. I think before you worry about which DD is "da besss", just work on improving your DEFENSIVE sets and survivability first. Then you will be able to play literally any DD well. So I would stick with DRK if I were you (because now you wont need to re-start jobs and get MORE gear), but make sure to invest heavily in defensive/hybrid pieces. You will get the most out of the job this way.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-09-17 12:47:50  
Yes there a lot of “DD” cors now but that doesn’t change the fact that you don’t need a DD cor to do most of the content he’s gonna need gear from, if I’m helping out on a run of [insert old content here] and someone can bring a real cor instead of using annoying SC interrupting qultada then that’s great, no he will not be able to do that top 20-10% of content without gearing for DD as well but it is by no means required for lower content that he is sure to need and contribute more than whiffing away on drk while being a sorely undergeard DD only.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-17 13:00:06  
SimonSes said: »
Calad DRK doesnt do best DPS btw. I would say its not even in top DPS builds if you dont give him warcry with savagery from WAR at least.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-17 13:06:29  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Calad DRK doesnt do best DPS btw. I would say its not even in top DPS builds if you dont give him warcry with savagery from WAR at least.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

If you laugh reading facts than I suggest some reliable newspaper. You will have a time of your life :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-17 13:14:42  
I read reliable sources, but you're like Fox news.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-17 13:27:19  
Fox news.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-17 13:30:12  
I read reliable sources, but you're like Fox news.

I dont get that reference, Im from EU.
If you think Im not reliable source then prove me wrong. I have no problem saying I was wrong, like I did many times in the past.
By Littleflame 2020-09-17 13:36:50  
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-09-17 14:17:38  
Quote:
I would say its not even in top DPS builds

Quote:
If you laugh reading facts

People laugh at this because it's an opinion that is demonstrably false in practice, and most of us already know and have seen that. It's that ridiculous of a statement. Any top-tier DD is part of a "top DPS build." Good DRKs parse up there with the rest of them with no problems, any theoretical "universal top dps setup" is taking things beyond what is practical or realistic.
 Phoenix.Serveroz
user: Serveroz
By Phoenix.Serveroz 2020-09-17 15:18:18  
Littleflame said: »
Hahahaha thats fantastic
By SimonSes 2020-09-17 15:45:48  
Phoenix.Oyama said: »
Quote:
I would say its not even in top DPS builds

Quote:
If you laugh reading facts

People laugh at this because it's an opinion that is demonstrably false in practice, and most of us already know and have seen that. It's that ridiculous of a statement. Any top-tier DD is part of a "top DPS build." Good DRKs parse up there with the rest of them with no problems, any theoretical "universal top dps setup" is taking things beyond what is practical or realistic.

Well depends how you define top dps. For example is BLU Tizona/Thibron build top dps despite being even 2k+ dps behind some builds (which is like 20% dps behind?) In such standard Calad DRK (without tp bonus buffs) is in top dps builds, but if you narrow dps difference to qualify as top dps, then I still think what I said.

Also despite being very active on this forum as someone who uses theoretical numbers to discuss things, Im also a veteran and very active player and I actually have Calad DRK (not R15, but still) and I have seen/tested/parsed a lot of builds of all jobs in practice. Again, prove me wrong in controled test or calculation, that Calad DRK without tp bonus buffs is that good and I will admit I was mistaken. Until then I will hold on my opinion, that for example Impetus Veret MNK destroys Calad DRK at capped haste/attack scenario.
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-09-17 15:54:05  
drk and war requires less buffs due to their native high attack & long duration attack buff JAs.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-09-17 15:54:54  
damn it, picked up my phone to play music and read this whole silly thread.
[+]
By Taint 2020-09-17 16:00:06  
DRG buffed is incredibly potent.

With that said MNK is the DD of the hour. Easy to gear, great meva/dt sets, very high ceiling, high HP and great mob TP management.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-09-17 19:23:55  
Quote:
Well depends how you define top dps. For example is BLU Tizona/Thibron build top dps despite being even 2k+ dps behind some builds (which is like 20% dps behind?) In such standard Calad DRK (without tp bonus buffs) is in top dps builds, but if you narrow dps difference to qualify as top dps, then I still think what I said.

I genuinely have no idea what you're going on about.

Quote:
Again, prove me wrong in controled test or calculation, that Calad DRK without tp bonus buffs is that good and I will admit I was mistaken. Until then I will hold on my opinion, that for example Impetus Veret MNK destroys Calad DRK at capped haste/attack scenario.

I don't think anyone cares to change your mind. You said something that people scoffed at based on their experiences. And while I can't speak for others, my experience does not show DRK to be some special outlier compared to the other big DDs. All things being equal, a "top dps build" is whoever your top DPS players are + taking advantage of any target weaknesses / mitigating target hazards. At the top end, IMO, other factors beyond job (and to some extent weapon) play a far greater role in actual dps/total damage over the duration of a given event.

No one said anything about MNK and Impetus, or BLU.

Quote:
DRG buffed is incredibly potent.

^ QFT
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-09-17 19:32:34  
i love how the [Opinion] in the title did jack ***to keep people from aggressively quote-replying to each other with their "nuh-uh"s. was worth a try though.
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-17 20:02:13  
Totally depends on what your fighting. Not all DDs are good at every endgame NM. There are NMs where Drk will out DD Mnk and Sam. Do the DD job you like, or...lvl and pimp them all out.
Out of all DD jobs, Blu take a lot of skill to be pimp. Im a bit slow and lack of attention span to mess with Blu...
Just make Cor mythic and empy, regal, pretty much can join any content.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-17 20:24:28  
I would say play the job you like and enjoy it. I don't play jobs that don't interest me and id definitely tell someone to level what they like over whats popular.

Only thing id say is make sure you can find a support job you like as well. Sucks lfg with just dd jobs are your only option...
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
サーバ: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2020-09-17 20:24:58  
If you want to DD and still get invited to literally anything, Cor is the correct answer.

However, the truth is that the <job> is the least important factor of DPS discussions. The highest Skilled/experienced player with the highest min/max variable'd .lua, who is trying the hardest, will win the parse every time, in my opinion.

A Dancer in the right hands can put a lot of DD's to shame, but you'll never see it mentioned in a thread like this.
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-17 21:09:36  
Yep Agreed Dnc in the right hands (Galka Dancer ive seen put out amazing number in the 2015 era lol) I just cant get into dnc with their AF look lol
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-09-17 22:38:22  
Surprised no one has suggested pup or bst yet.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-17 23:19:04  
Historically, tier lists have always been silly because it will always always always be met with

“It depends”

What’s the best DD for dullahan ambuscade?
What’s the best DD when you can’t get support buffs?
What’s the best DD when you need to evade damage as much as possible?
What’s the best DD to use vs [weapon] resistance monsters?
What’s the best DD to use in a fight where you want to control hate?
What’s the best 30s Zerg job?

It’s just foolish to make a general list of job strength because it’s only relative to what you are using it for. In FFXI, your choice of DD will hardly matter more than the support and kind of players you group up with
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-18 01:11:51  
facts
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Fox news.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Lol facts.... WTF year you living in?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-18 01:17:17  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Surprised no one has suggested pup or bst yet.
SMN anyone? I mean if we asking pure damage potential...
Edit: and ease of gearing requirements from what I have heard, yet to focus on it at all myself.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-18 01:20:02  
Asura.Memes said: »
MNK>WAR>SAM>DRK>DRG>COR>RUN>BLU>DNC>RDM>THF>NIN>PUP>PLD

[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-18 01:23:47  
The tried and true answer: level a variety of jobs that you enjoy playing that cover as many types of roles as possible for the sake of versatility, whilst managing as best you can the inventory struggle that is XI.....

Legit, the answer to any "What job should I level?" thread ever.

Edit: the key message being level more than 1 job. It's quicker than ever to get a 99 and start playing with it. Try em all, see what you enjoy. This game was designed around the idea of having several jobs (a unjgue trait of MMOs) see what gear you got that translates to other jobs, mix and match,
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10