Inflation And AH Bot Price Fixing....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-04 09:18:06  
Also, KC is expensive because it's tedious to farm. If people weren't all so addicted to instant progress and burned out, maybe they'd farm it and price wouldn't be so high.

As is, if it's 10 min per run and 1% droprate, you're looking at around 17 hours to get one. At 300m, that's 17.6m/hr, which shits on even gain and should be a huge draw to players. Even at 150m, 8.8m/hr should be pretty damn appealing. Unfortunately, it isn't, because of the reduced patience and need for instant progress that we've cultivated with the flood of third party tools and merc culture.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
サーバ: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-03-04 09:30:49  
Given current inflation, it may also make sense to buy one as a way of diversifying your fungible assets. It's unlikely to drop in price considerably, and seems likely to increase in price. It's also fun to play with and finish the trials you haven't got around to.
By Mattelot 2020-03-04 09:57:16  
Problem is that its arguable whether or not luas, etc are cheats by definition. Regardless, once everyone starts using them and whatever term people want to use to make it sound less shady, it becomes a point where you have to use them to keep up.

This has been a thing for a long time. When I used to play FPS games in the 90s, they had the same problem. The games started out with shows of raw skill. Then people developed "scripts" which executed commands much faster than humanly possible and automatically. Some of these games that were highly competitive how had auto-dodge, auto-aim, auto-defense, etc. It became increasingly annoying when people would say "I'm just very good" or accept false praise. Even some ladders did this by referring them to as "top players", a title they did not really deserve.
By SimonSes 2020-03-04 10:09:26  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Also, KC is expensive because it's tedious to farm. If people weren't all so addicted to instant progress and burned out, maybe they'd farm it and price wouldn't be so high.

As is, if it's 10 min per run and 1% droprate, you're looking at around 17 hours to get one. At 300m, that's 17.6m/hr, which shits on even gain and should be a huge draw to players. Even at 150m, 8.8m/hr should be pretty damn appealing. Unfortunately, it isn't, because of the reduced patience and need for instant progress that we've cultivated with the flood of third party tools and merc culture.

First of all I seriously doubt its 1%. Im 0/700+ overall.
Second of all I tried farming it recently, before I bought it and I never got it in around 400 runs (I stopped counting at 378 or something) and I think you are forgetting VERY important thing that will stop you farming it really fast - seals. 60 beastman's seals is actually quite a lot, since most people wont even get them normally. You most likely will get BS by exchanging 120 Sacred/High Kindred's during campaign. Maybe you are overlooking that, because you bot 24/7, so you might have tens of k of seals on your chars, but normal people will maybe have several k stored if they are not using them for Macrocosmic campaigns. I personally used like 30k Sacred/High Kindred seals that I had between my 4 chars and that was only ~250 runs. Then 70 more runs I did with other seals I exchanged to BS and I also had few hundreds BS itself stored too. Then around 320 runs in, I started using Login points to get some more orbs, then I got few more from friends (They offered them because they felt sorry for me at that point). After that I tried to farm seals more actively for next orbs, but I maybe was able to get 1 orb per char in 3-4 days, which is not really much.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 10:15:54  
Did Shishishito hack Comeatmebro ffxiah account?
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2020-03-04 10:26:23  
God damn. The fix is way easier than Eiryl made it out to be.
If it isn't relevant then why does this thread exist?
If the drop rate is shitty, go farm something and buy one.
I remember in 2003 when Kclub was about 20 mil, it was around 80ish in 2014, but back then 80 mil was much harder to come by.

Third party programs made this game viable; if you use windower, you have zero, ZERO right to *** about any of them.

Also, theres sunshine outside. If you're burnt out, save yourself some cash and let your sub lapse. Take your dog to the park, who knows, there may even be a fat girl there desperate enough to toss your sad *** a little tang.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-04 10:37:44  
Everything is relative. Kraken Club in 2006 was 100% impossible for me to obtain, being new and inexperienced to the game. Gil was also much harder to come by. Kraken Club in 2010-2014 was probably very unlikely for me to afford, despite having considerably more playing time during this time. in 2020, 400M is literally nothing; a few weeks of casual work or some really good merc groups. I have more REMA weapons (some R15) built from scrath that would make the price of Kraken club pale in comparison. Getting the gil to buy it is not the issue. It's if you feel the price is worth it. For some people it is not.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 10:40:12  
The real solution wasnt stated by eiryls because it will go straight to his balls.

If inflaction keeps rising like its now, surely SE will nerf spark/accolade convertion to gil. Things SEEMS to have gotten out of control when everyone can make a rushed account and drop it in ceizak/yahse with bayld/spark gear to make millions overnight with minimal effort/investment.

Plus normal players can drop a bot overnight for cp/spark/accolade in most camps. (Make sure the fault on this one is the guy who made public Easyfarm).

Im not sure, maybe halving the conversion to gil and see whats the effect.

(As a player who made billions out of gain exp, im against any nerf on spark/acc, and there is the fact dozens accounts are active just because of this conversion, but being honest, i think this is an important factor, and that need to be dealt if SE wants to normalize the inflaction).
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-04 10:50:28  
Y'all are focusing on the wrong part of the topic, I just used k-club as an example. The bigger issue is rampant inflation due to rmt/24/7 botting, generating absurd amounts of gil across all servers, way more than the normal players should be generating, because they would be busy doing other things besides farming straight raw gil.

The AH botting/price fixing is going to get much worse. They have changed their tactic, instead of investing any time to level up characters enough to be able to bot Sparks, they can straight take a lvl 1 character from opening CS straight to a starter AH and keep *** with prices. That is not normal supply and demand price increases. And now they are sitting on massive amounts of gil to pull it off straight out of character creation. Mark my words it's going to get a lot worse.

Sitting on limitless amounts of gil, too cheap to sell at quantities current prices demand. So Jack up prices on all valuable relevant items, people have to buy even more gil to keep up, they get to profit again.

It's going to get really bad. The only power to stop it lies in SEs hands to start seriously slapping them down again.

This is detrimental to normal players, what gil they can generate is continuing to be less and less valuable, leading people to quit, or pay out the regular ransom to these ***.

This is not in any way, shape, or form, healthy for the game. Y'all are lying to yourselves if you think bots are going to keep this game afloat with farmable items or subscription payments.

It is bad...
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-04 10:57:03  
I also agree that nerfing Sparks/accolades is a lazy fix, it hurts normal players even more than bots. Anyone remember chocobo blinkers and cruor? They nerfed that and it did nothing to stop RMT. Only normal players as a source of income, there are many other examples similarly that screwed people over in the past.

SE needs to get off their *** and start actively killing these *** off, it's like weeds in your garden. You have to keep pulling them, if you decide well I just won't water them and that will take care of itself, guess what, you now have a dead garden, and SE doesn't get fed.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 10:58:40  
Son. I say nerf sparks literally every day. Hundreds of times on this site itself. Sparks is a literal hundred times worse than crour and STILL isn't fixed, they clearly know it's a problem but don't care or can't fix it.

And why are you ripping me again, Can I sleep or do I get banned when I close my eyes.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-04 11:04:00  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Son. I say nerf sparks literally every day. Hundreds of times on this site itself.

And why are you ripping me again, Can I sleep or do I get banned when I close my eyes.

It's not a proper fix. Only going to hurt normal players. They need to kill bots as soon as their very recognizable pattern of behavior starts to appear.

It's pretty much a given that a character barely a week old spending 24/7 in one zone killing trash mobs is a bot, it's not exactly FBI level of sleuthing. They are just being lazy or cheap not investing time in it. Sparks/accolades/cruor/fishing, are not the culprit, they added that ***to the game for a reason to begin with.

RMT and bots are the problem, period, quit trying to make it seem any different. It's cut and *** dry
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 11:07:55  
Ban one, it gets replaced by two. Ban two it gets replaced by four.

It takes mere hours for a brand new account to be bot-ready.

Fix botting and rmt? Lower gil cap (Can't sell 500m a day if a person can't hold 500m anymore). Lower Ah/bazaar maximum price (this stops laundering and storage). remove sparks and accolades, *** "new players". Problems solved. Bots will quit, game will close, we throw a god damn party.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-04 11:15:45  
Then keep shutting them down, really dude I could give a ***less on your opinion on this. No matter what you say, you are a contributor of the problem, your opinion on the subject is about as valuable as a paper sack full of ***.

Your contribution to the subject is clearly skewed toward not encouraging mass bot banning on the regular. So..... We know your stance.

Here's your history on XI:
Started playing, started cheating, got banned, got butthurt over it, claim that SE somehow owes you something for your time "invested", decided to throw the ultimate tantrum at them in the form of botting 24/7 in an attempt to sabotage their game, again cuz you are butthurt that you got caught cheating, and sadly now you make a profit, all the while shitting on other people's experience in the form of crapping on the value of their time by monopolizing markets and contributing to mass inflation etc..

Pretty much sums it up, anyone who values your opinion on this is most likely trying to pull the same ***. So don't think that your arguments are holding water.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 11:17:11  
Facts are facts, has nothing to do with opinion. My opinion is XI should've closed 11 years ago.

And your timeline is wrong, banned for cheating, THEN started cheating. Banned for RMT, THEN started RMTing. Square created their own problem.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 11:18:38  
...but i still believe hes a good guy.

Maybe
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-04 11:22:10  
I want you to understand that I do recognize your knowledge base about the game, and you obviously know what you are doing.

But your solution to the problem is a farse, and fear mongering in an attempt to sway the normal player base from building outrage enough to force SEs hand to ban the bots actively, which hurts your bottom line. You have a reason to be biased and to try and force the conversation to be favorable to your activities, so again. Your assumption on how it will play out is flat out unreliable to take seriously.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-04 11:23:19  
Get real dude, people don't get banned for cheating if they weren't cheating, you seriously lie to yourself.
By Mattelot 2020-03-04 11:24:49  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I also agree that nerfing Sparks/accolades is a lazy fix, it hurts normal players even more than bots. Anyone remember chocobo blinkers and cruor? They nerfed that and it did nothing to stop RMT. Only normal players as a source of income, there are many other examples similarly that screwed people over in the past.

SE needs to get off their *** and start actively killing these *** off, it's like weeds in your garden. You have to keep pulling them, if you decide well I just won't water them and that will take care of itself, guess what, you now have a dead garden, and SE doesn't get fed.

The fact that so much BiS can be bought with gil is a major factor. Most any other MMO I've played, BiS has to be earned. I know that's how WoW still has it (please forgive me for using them as a reference). Allowing BiS items to be purchased with normal currency will just entice RMT customers even more.

Get real dude, people don't get banned for cheating if they weren't cheating, you seriously lie to yourself.

In WoW (forgive me again), people absolutely do get banned for things they didn't do. False positives are very common. I've "heard" of some in this game but seen nothing concrete.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 11:25:24  

I don't know how you use clipper on a ps2 so, yeah, I imagine it could be done if you were highly motivated, but that ain't me.

I didn't own a pc until 2010 but I got banned for using clipper in 2007, literally impossible.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-04 11:25:31  
It's not that hard to stop the bottom of the barrel sparks bots.

Put a daily limit on acquisitions like DI, no more than 300k sparks and 300k accolades in a day. Now, you're getting 180m a char a month. Keep track of which chars reach cap with a flag.

After 2 weeks, investigate every char with at least 12 days of capped sparks(one time cost to look through it). Then, flag any new account that hits cap on a non-gain day and look through them periodically.

Fixed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-04 11:25:36  
They should probably shut this game down right before final fantasy 7 release so I can invest all my time into that instead.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-04 11:26:18  
This has been a good read during my lunch break, thanks y'all! Also, inflation isn't necessarily because ofbots/RMT, SE just sucks.

EX: Most would rather do ambu for rema upgrade mats that salvage/vw because its easier to get capped alex from ambu in a few runS than spend hours doing salvage. High alex demand, low supply and people will pay more because they won't farm salvage
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-04 11:30:49  
Lazy people with a lot of gil. Blinding spending way over "normal" values.

It is really that simple.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-04 11:32:01  
Also the merc culture helps rise the price of said items.

People value their time more than gil.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 11:33:33  
fonewear said: »

^

Thats the signal a thread should be locked already
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-04 11:34:29  
I just wish we could ban these stupid threads about people that don't know basic economic structures.

Even on shitty third rate hack video game forums.
By fonewear 2020-03-04 11:35:08  
Pantafernando said: »
fonewear said: »

^

Thats the signal a thread should be locked already

It should be locked cause this is the 10,000 thread about gil and bots etc.

Same ***different thread.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 11:35:32  
I vote apple for ffxiah moderator.
By fonewear 2020-03-04 11:36:25  
OP the time you waste bitching about bots and inflation you could be making gil.

Get to it !
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7