Inflation And AH Bot Price Fixing....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-06 09:11:16  
In terms of crafting, shields are by far the most expensive item in the game so I'd say it's only fair if crafters bump up prices some in order to try to recoup some losses and make a little profit while making items drastically cheaper than they were before shields.
By Prong 2020-03-06 09:13:05  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
But.. AH botting is the one thing they've been consistantly banning for since 2018 or earlier, even during the period when people considered 24/7 botting to be safe. It's never been ignored, and this Gadfather guy is likely not botting for long periods or he would've been hit.

I'm agreeing with much of what you are saying and have no issue with your RMT history, you usually present sound arguments calmly even whiole being attacked and make sense.

But I ASSURE you, I'm a Goldsmither. I've been watching this guy's activity since the first day I joined the Bahamut server and researched it thoroughly the last few years. A few others have even started watching it and agree because of my observations. This guy, without a doubt, is AH botting. He's been botting for years, which is why I even brought it up. I have zero doubt there is some internal reason as to why they don't touch him. It's the only logical conclusion.

And yes, I have played on other servers where people have attempted to price-fix. Some successful, some not. And yes, normally, it isn't to the scale that interferes with the general population. But this guy is different, most of what he does doesn't even really make sense. He will often buy up things, let's use shivites for example. He'll repost them on AH for absurd prices, prices NOBODY ever pays but his mules. Then, a couple times a week, he posts them all (usually like 40+ stacks) and resells them to himself, again, at super low prices, like 10k. So then, people who don't know all the names on the AH history are the same person/group, they'll see the history selling at 10k, put theirs up for that, then he buys a few stacks at super cheap via trickery.

Then again, reposts them all again for much higher than anyone will be willing to pay. Like rhodium ingots are used not only in crafting, but in one of the RUN armor quests. I've had to give several people ingots on several occasions just so they don't have to pay 1 mill or w/e for a rhodium ingot. He'll do the same for crafted items like Shiva Rings +1, Mache Earrings +1, etc. I think he tries to corner the market on these items by putting up say, 10, then, selling those to one of his mules for millions less than the going rate until anyone else that has one or two up on AH eventually takes their items down, because they don't take the time to research and see the last 5 buyers who bought Mache Earring +1s for 1 mill have only made two Ah transactions, ever and the last time was in 2015.

These are just a few examples, there are many more, but this guy's activity really does affect the player population on Bahamut besides just crafters. All the buying, selling, rebuying, reselling that he does in such mass basically I cannot see how he/she just physically could do it all in one day unless most of it is somehow automated. Even if they were some kind of....trained 10-key World Record holding court recorder or something, they've been doing this for years. You'd go insane doing this manually every single day.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-06 09:21:40  
I can't comment on that guy in general, but I can tell you that from personal experience:

I automated my material purchasing to a point where I fed in a list of items, min price, max price, and it would bid through it all in rapid succession(~2s per bid). I didn't use it to monopolize or AH bot, just ran it once per server when transferring mats in to save keystrokes/annoyance. The account I used it on got a suspension within 3 days, a perma within 3 days after that. Second account got hit the same way, and this was in early 2018 when they were not banning for anything as far as most people were concerned. 4 actions within 3 days each is as strong of evidence as you can get with SE.

So, without a doubt, aggressive AH botting is punished and you cannot just bid nonstop on a certain item to ensure nobody else gets it.

It's pretty hard to know exactly what Gadfather is doing, but price fixing is much more subtle and without a mass of reports SE is probably not aware of what's going on. Maybe he is botting, but in a manner that the bids are spread out enough to not be suspect. Maybe he does it by hand because he enjoys it. Maybe he has a GM or SE staff in his pocket, but I find that unlikely.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Prong 2020-03-06 12:07:38  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Prong said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
***is rediculous.

K-club as an example of how gross the inflation has gotten. Around 2014 going for about 70mil, back when it was still useful, it's now going for 300mil, now that it is not. Get a grip people.....

Also *** the price fixers, you're a bunch of d-bags.

I have spoken.
It's a video game. Theres a set of parameters in place. Perhaps you should report the bots for auction house manipulation. Around 2014 you say? Yeah, prices fluctuate. Yes, there is inflation. Stop sounding like a noob and deal with it.
I remember my first week on Asura too.

Thee is an AH botting "clan" on Bahamut server, led by an account named Gadfather, This a~hole has been price fixing Goldsmithing mats (rhodium ore/ingots, all~ites, sparkling stones, shadow geodes/shadow gems, etc) for YEARS, literally since I joined the server at bare minimum which was about 3 years ago. And has now branched out into many other items. I have a list of basically every mule he uses to buy and sell from himself/herself/themselves. That list is up to about 22 names and I'm certain I don't know them all. Many have to be on separate accounts because you can watch them log in, two to three at a time, then simultaneously log out about 45 seconds later, two to three at a time, in unison, every Saturday morning at around 6:00 AM EST at the Bastok Mines AH.

I have submitted this name, screenshots, info, names of all the mules to SE's Task Force on four separate occasions. There is absolutely no way they do not know about this, no way they can't with minimal effort figure out they are using multiple bot scripts or programs. Yet, he still exists, not one day have I been on this server you don't find Gadfather standing at the Bastok Mines AH at some point during the day. Either this guy works for SE AND plays, knows someone at SE that protects him or Square Enix literally does not care about AH botting and price fixing.
Reporting it 4 times won't do anything. Reporting it in a daily basis with copy and paste does. Your working theory on Gadfather is just stupid lol

Stupid? Why the need to be a douche? Oh that's right, nerds on the internet....I get it.
Standing at the Bastok Mines AH at some point during the day?
Yet, he still exists.
I don't care if you call me a douche lol oh no, my feelings. Never mind, a nerd on the internet, oh no my feelings lol

Anyone who puts "lol' several times per every comment clearly is a douche, I don't need to really point that out. He's at the AH almost all day, though disappears from time to time, is that better? Never anywhere else, never in the field, never leaves Bastok. Are you seriously stupid enough to not think there are AH bots, or do you have one and trying to deflect the attention?

Scroll up, I'm not the only one on this server to notice this, why would you even try and act like we are making it up in our minds? That's what I mean by being a douche, and for no good reason.
Hmmm.

Not at all just wondering why some people, such as yourself, on these forums just always have to be an a~hole for no reason. You get some kind of enjoyment out of it?
You sound mad. Either complaining or venting about ah bots and prices. Your the one calling me names. Just deal with it, you are having trouble negotiating the entirety of this video game. I
Last post since I can get alot moar done in-game than outside complaining about it. Wahhhh, the prices. Wahhhh, the bots. That's you, that's what you sound like.

Yeah because you are being an a~hole. That's what you do with people being a~holes, you call them a~holes. I wasn't once complaining about prices or whatever crap you are making up, I was simply confirming AH bots do exist and there are people who do manipulate Auction House items, for whatever reason. And in this particular case I was talking about, simply contacting SE with info/screenshots, whatever, like you implied, didn't work. Nobody is going to submit a report DAILY you idiot, unless they are sending me a check.

Now go type lmao or lol or whatever a few more times you blathering moron.
By fonewear 2020-03-06 12:46:19  
***is rediculous.

K-club as an example of how gross the inflation has gotten. Around 2014 going for about 70mil, back when it was still useful, it's now going for 300mil, now that it is not. Get a grip people.....

I have spoken.
It's a video game. Theres a set of parameters in place. Perhaps you should report the bots for auction house manipulation. Around 2014 you say? Yeah, prices fluctuate. Yes, there is inflation. Stop sounding like a noob and deal with it.

Thee is an AH botting "clan" on Bahamut server, led by an account named Gadfather, This a~hole has been price fixing Goldsmithing mats (rhodium ore/ingots, all~ites, sparkling stones, shadow geodes/shadow gems, etc) for YEARS, literally since I joined the server at bare minimum which was about 3 years ago. And has now branched out into many other items. I have a list of basically every mule he uses to buy and sell from himself/herself/themselves. That list is up to about 22 names and I'm certain I don't know them all. Many have to be on separate accounts because you can watch them log in, two to three at a time, then simultaneously log out about 45 seconds later, two to three at a time, in unison, every Saturday morning at around 6:00 AM EST at the Bastok Mines AH.

I have submitted this name, screenshots, info, names of all the mules to SE's Task Force on four separate occasions. There is absolutely no way they do not know about this, no way they can't with minimal effort figure out they are using multiple bot scripts or programs. Yet, he still exists, not one day have I been on this server you don't find Gadfather standing at the Bastok Mines AH at some point during the day. Either this guy works for SE AND plays, knows someone at SE that protects him or Square Enix literally does not care about AH botting and price fixing.
Reporting it 4 times won't do anything. Reporting it in a daily basis with copy and paste does. Your working theory on Gadfather is just stupid lol

Stupid? Why the need to be a douche? Oh that's right, nerds on the internet....I get it.
Yet, he still exists.
I don't care if you call me a douche lol oh no, my feelings. Never mind, a nerd on the internet, oh no my feelings lol

Anyone who puts "lol' several times per every comment clearly is a douche, I don't need to really point that out. He's at the AH almost all day, though disappears from time to time, is that better? Never anywhere else, never in the field, never leaves Bastok. Are you seriously stupid enough to not think there are AH bots, or do you have one and trying to deflect the attention?

Scroll up, I'm not the only one on this server to notice this, why would you even try and act like we are making it up in our minds? That's what I mean by being a douche, and for no good reason.
Hmmm.

Not at all just wondering why some people, such as yourself, on these forums just always have to be an a~hole for no reason. You get some kind of enjoyment out of it?
You sound mad. Either complaining or venting about ah bots and prices. Your the one calling me names. Just deal with it, you are having trouble negotiating the entirety of this video game. I
Last post since I can get alot moar done in-game than outside complaining about it. Wahhhh, the prices. Wahhhh, the bots. That's you, that's what you sound like.

Yeah because you are being an a~hole. That's what you do with people being a~holes, you call them a~holes. I wasn't once complaining about prices or whatever crap you are making up, I was simply confirming AH bots do exist and there are people who do manipulate Auction House items, for whatever reason. And in this particular case I was talking about, simply contacting SE with info/screenshots, whatever, like you implied, didn't work. Nobody is going to submit a report DAILY you idiot, unless they are sending me a check.

It's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote It's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote

about nothing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-06 13:06:31  
I think i lost 15% of my eyes capabilities just reading this page
By Prong 2020-03-06 13:43:47  
fonewear said: »
***is rediculous.

I have spoken.

Yet, he still exists.

Hmmm.

It's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote It's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quoteIt's a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote inside of a quote

about nothing.

On cue, the person with 35,000 failed attempts at being clever on the internet chimes in to say, "Everything is so pointless! /emo."
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-06 13:56:11  
It is much to do about nothing.

OP thinks he is some virtuous warrior protecting game integrity.

When in reality it's just bitching just to ***.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-06 14:37:49  
35k post is quite a feat.

Worth the NothingBetterToDo trophy
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-06 14:51:02  
Real talk, the 50 lines of quote really aren't needed. Optimize.

Quote trains are bad m'kay
[+]
By Prong 2020-03-06 15:00:49  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Real talk, the 50 lines of quote really aren't needed. Optimize.

Quote trains are bad m'kay

I know, it's just I don't feel the need to make the effort to not just hit the quote link when responding to morons or trolls.
By Prong 2020-03-06 15:05:09  
fonewear said: »
It is much to do about nothing.

OP thinks he is some virtuous warrior protecting game integrity.

When in reality it's just bitching just to ***.

Then quote Yojim's quote train to make your point being he is being the twunt. I wasn't even white knighting about bots or whatever, I was discussing with Thorny how this dude on our server is a different breed of AH bots and your pal decided to insert his ignorant opinion.
By Drayco 2020-03-09 10:47:21  
I can tell you first hand that the opposite is true. I left Cerberus because I had hundreds of millions of gil just piling up with nothing to buy. I checked the prices on Asura for some of the pieces I wanted and they were 30-50% cheaper and actually available.

+2 necks were 90m. SU5 weapons were 200m+. Ratri +1 was non-existant.

The only thing that was cheaper on Cerberus (that I was aware of) was HMP, HPB, and Alexandrites.

I know a few people that would buy as much as they could and jump to Asura to sell and make a big profit. Then buy everything they wanted and jump back to Cerb. It's basically legal gil buying.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-09 11:13:24  
[+]
By billnes 2020-03-16 09:33:24  
SkyFrog said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
This has been a good read during my lunch break, thanks y'all! Also, inflation isn't necessarily because ofbots/RMT, SE just sucks.
e

I 100% strongly disagree with this assessment. Where do you suppose a majority of the gil being introduced into the game economy is coming from? As of today: Sparks -> NPC -> item -> NPC -> gil ... Wash/Rinse/Repeat...

Acheron Shield... Pinch of Prize Powder... Nuff' said.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-03-16 10:30:34  
SE must be comfortable letting this happen imo. Historically, SE has squashed item NPC > gil conversions pretty quickly.

Remember when everybody was making Holy Waters near NPC shops?
Chocobo-Blinkers?
Hakuryu?
 Asura.Botosi
サーバ: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-16 10:43:34  
Without the gil production from Sparks/accolades how else would gil be pumped into the economy?
By Drayco 2020-03-16 12:40:27  
We don't need gil pumped into the economy. If they stopped all that stuff, the economy would stabilize and gil would remain at a relatively stable value.

I'm not sure if you were around back in like 2008(ish) when the big RMT ban happened. The cracked down and banned hundreds of thousands of accounts and seized something like 100 trillion gil.

Things like Scorpion Harness, Vermillion Cloak, and Theif's Knife went from 30-50m to about 1-3m in less than a year. Gil remained extremely valuable up until Abyssea came out. About that point is when the fishing bots were beginning to get out of control. SE let that go for years and slowly things kept getting more expensive as gil's value began to tank.

I don't think the game could survive a hit like that again tho. Back then, there were 30:1 RL players to RMT. It feels like the opposite now.

While everybody pines away for the "good-ol-days", I think if the game actually went back to that progression speed, most people would leave.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-16 12:46:43  
Most gil buyers would leave. Take away their instant gratification and they will feel like the rest of us pathetic normals. Can't have that, big digital *** must prevail, just browse the comments in this thread defending bots with every ounce of their energy.

Just read through some of the follow up comments from the usual trolls, y'all are sad, get a clue. Say I'm mad Jesus, got some true haters in here. Like sad lonely haters that have nothing to fall back on but insults, and nothing better to do but harass forums, it's pathetic.

To Thornyy, I got tired of parsing through your paragraphs, that only address half of my posts. We will have to agree to disagree, you say only crafters are affected by price fixing, I say every person buying products off of affected crafters are also impacted. Pretty illogical to argue otherwise. But meh.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-17 08:13:10  
Drayco said: »
While everybody pines away for the "good-ol-days", I think if the game actually went back to that progression speed, most people would leave.

You are correct, they would. People are too far gone into being used to addons and automations to go back to working for things.

While I'm not opposed to automation as I know people who do it due to bad designs on SE's part (requiring 3+ people to enter stuff, even old stuff), there are those who do it for shady reasons and stigmatize the concept.

Most gil buyers would leave. Take away their instant gratification and they will feel like the rest of us pathetic normals. Can't have that, big digital *** must prevail, just browse the comments in this thread defending bots with every ounce of their energy.

Just read through some of the follow up comments from the usual trolls, y'all are sad, get a clue. Say I'm mad Jesus, got some true haters in here. Like sad lonely haters that have nothing to fall back on but insults, and nothing better to do but harass forums, it's pathetic.

To Thornyy, I got tired of parsing through your paragraphs, that only address half of my posts. We will have to agree to disagree, you say only crafters are affected by price fixing, I say every person buying products off of affected crafters are also impacted. Pretty illogical to argue otherwise. But meh.

You'll get clowns like that in any forum. They're banking on you replying or acknowledging them so they can sit back, rub their hands together and think "lol I'm awesome". If they're a known troll, just scroll past their comments without even reading them.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7