Inflation And AH Bot Price Fixing....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
Inflation and AH bot price fixing....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By fonewear 2020-03-05 08:42:22  
Prong said: »
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
***is rediculous.

K-club as an example of how gross the inflation has gotten. Around 2014 going for about 70mil, back when it was still useful, it's now going for 300mil, now that it is not. Get a grip people.....

Also *** the price fixers, you're a bunch of d-bags.

I have spoken.
It's a video game. Theres a set of parameters in place. Perhaps you should report the bots for auction house manipulation. Around 2014 you say? Yeah, prices fluctuate. Yes, there is inflation. Stop sounding like a noob and deal with it.
I remember my first week on Asura too.

Thee is an AH botting "clan" on Bahamut server, led by an account named Gadfather, This a~hole has been price fixing Goldsmithing mats (rhodium ore/ingots, all~ites, sparkling stones, shadow geodes/shadow gems, etc) for YEARS, literally since I joined the server at bare minimum which was about 3 years ago. And has now branched out into many other items. I have a list of basically every mule he uses to buy and sell from himself/herself/themselves. That list is up to about 22 names and I'm certain I don't know them all. Many have to be on separate accounts because you can watch them log in, two to three at a time, then simultaneously log out about 45 seconds later, two to three at a time, in unison, every Saturday morning at around 6:00 AM EST at the Bastok Mines AH.

I have submitted this name, screenshots, info, names of all the mules to SE's Task Force on four separate occasions. There is absolutely no way they do not know about this, no way they can't with minimal effort figure out they are using multiple bot scripts or programs. Yet, he still exists, not one day have I been on this server you don't find Gadfather standing at the Bastok Mines AH at some point during the day. Either this guy works for SE AND plays, knows someone at SE that protects him or Square Enix literally does not care about AH botting and price fixing.

Don't you know the Godfather is untouchable...he is protected by greasy Italians !
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-05 08:46:18  
More likely he isn't botting and is doing it by hand, if he logs in at random times.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-03-05 14:18:58  
Not that it really matters, but its being done on Lakshmi as well on a bunch HQ Cursed gear.
By Haziko 2020-03-05 15:18:58  
SimonSes said: »
***is rediculous.

K-club as an example of how gross the inflation has gotten. Around 2014 going for about 70mil, back when it was still useful, it's now going for 300mil, now that it is not. Get a grip people.....

I have spoken.
It's a video game. Theres a set of parameters in place. Perhaps you should report the bots for auction house manipulation. Around 2014 you say? Yeah, prices fluctuate. Yes, there is inflation. Stop sounding like a noob and deal with it.

Thee is an AH botting "clan" on Bahamut server, led by an account named Gadfather, This a~hole has been price fixing Goldsmithing mats (rhodium ore/ingots, all~ites, sparkling stones, shadow geodes/shadow gems, etc) for YEARS, literally since I joined the server at bare minimum which was about 3 years ago. And has now branched out into many other items. I have a list of basically every mule he uses to buy and sell from himself/herself/themselves. That list is up to about 22 names and I'm certain I don't know them all. Many have to be on separate accounts because you can watch them log in, two to three at a time, then simultaneously log out about 45 seconds later, two to three at a time, in unison, every Saturday morning at around 6:00 AM EST at the Bastok Mines AH.

I have submitted this name, screenshots, info, names of all the mules to SE's Task Force on four separate occasions. There is absolutely no way they do not know about this, no way they can't with minimal effort figure out they are using multiple bot scripts or programs. Yet, he still exists, not one day have I been on this server you don't find Gadfather standing at the Bastok Mines AH at some point during the day. Either this guy works for SE AND plays, knows someone at SE that protects him or Square Enix literally does not care about AH botting and price fixing.

I can confirm that. This guy was a reason I needed friend to buy me MNK relic shards/voids on Asura. It was way before MNK bandwagon, because MNK is my main, so on Asura price was between 100k to maybe 1M for most and a little more for head. I think I paid like 30M for almost everything and 10M of that was for head. Now on Bahamut the price was 3-5M for EACH shard/void for every slot, so easily above 30M for each piece.
Is 30million alot of Gil? Is 3-5 million Gil alot? I can grind that out in a week or in a day, and some can craft it in a single synth. Gil is just an item, in a video game.

Either you're trolling, attempting to strawman the argument, or just blatantly missing the point. I'm leaning toward a mixture of troll/missing the point, given your general nature on Asura.

But hey, we are all glad that you can farm lots of money in a thread aimed at dealing with manipulating the market, illegal third party applications, and other TOS violations that are having a direct, negative effect on players. Quite the contribution.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-03-05 15:33:10  

I always wondered what ole Gadfather was up to in that corner of the Bastok Mines AH. I've never seen his name attached to any transactions, but I'm not a crafter either. Who are his legion of mules and what kind of stuff is he selling these days?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 17:34:54  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Not that it really matters, but its being done on Lakshmi as well on a bunch HQ Cursed gear.

In what way does this not really matter?

Because it should absolutely matter, even if you are buying gil to acquire these items, it is costing you more than it should. If you are legitimately farming gil, it is costing you more time to afford these items.

This is costing players a lot, all for what, so some d-bag living in his mom's basement who is too lazy to get a real job can make money off of your recreational time?

Seriously this ***matters.

I am truly flabbergasted that anyone would defend this crap, floored that you all think things are fine the way they are.

Not directing at the person quoted, but logic tells me one thing, anyone thinking that this is acceptable or defending this are people who are abusing the system and enjoying profits off of other people's time. The attacks are especially telling, they cant come up with a legitimate argument, so they get mad when someone reminds them of just how crappy they are as players that they have to cheat to make up for it.

There is no way that normal players should be accepting this. No benefit to it for them at all, only ever increasing costs toward their goals.

Even the excuse of oh it keeps the AH full. Not really, they are reselling ***that was already occupying the AH regardless.

You shouldn't have to slave away at a menial tasks in this game just to pay off RMT/botting *** to access content in this game.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-05 17:43:52  
Yea this ***is very important.

In fact I'm getting this thread notarized and sent to the legal department of Square Enix.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-05 17:47:19  
Long and short is you're powerless. Ain't ***you can realistically do about it, so, just live with it.

The only thing you can do is, not participate. Which was what I said on page 1. Can't stop people from being stupid so just go with it, or stop being part of it. It's easy.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-05 17:49:08  
If you were really principled you would quit FFXI. Because the cheating isn't going anywhere. And if you quit FFXI maybe you can stop making these stupid *** threads.

Maybe probably not.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 17:51:57  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Long and short is you're powerless. Ain't ***you can realistically do about it, so, just live with it.

The only thing you can do is, not participate. Which was what I said on page 1. Can't stop people from being stupid so just go with it, or stop being part of it. It's easy.

Maybe that is what I am trying to do at the very least, but not in the way you are implying.

Maybe I am trying to convince people to quit paying known RMT to merc for them, maybe I am trying to convince people to quit supplying the AH bots with raw materials, or maybe I am kindly telling RMT/Botters that they are pieces of ***too, who knows. But at least people are being forced to face it, instead of just letting it slide like sheeple.

If you noticed, I said on post 1: "Get a grip people"
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-05 17:55:13  
I mean you've got to be relatively new, because this isn't a new problem. It's just growing into a bigger problem, here, because square is incompetent.

People are just exhausted trying to fight a 40 year old unwinnable battle.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 17:57:15  
I mean you've got to be relatively new, because this isn't a new problem. It's just growing into a bigger problem, here, because square is incompetent.

People are just exhausted trying to fight a 40 year old unwinnable battle.

So.... the mafias been around for generations, I suppose since they haven't stopped, we should just ignore their future plans.

Stop trying, your logic is a failure, especially with that one.

Your statements are pretty bold coming from someone in your shoes with this situation.

You're like a person who continues to rob the same store over and over again, then turning around and telling the store owners to ignore it, because the police haven't thrown you in jail yet.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-05 18:03:21  
It's more like I'm bribing the cops, and they let me keep doing whatever the *** I want, to be honest.

As the shop owner, there isn't anything you can do about it. You can close your shop (quit).
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 18:05:23  
It's more like I'm bribing the cops, and they let me keep doing whatever the *** I want, to be honest.

As the shop owner, there isn't anything you can do about it.
True, I was thinking my analogy wasn't quite on point.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-05 18:06:55  
I really feel like you don't understand what's actually being price fixed and just want to blame your own difficulty advancing on an external factor. Price fixing is annoying high end crafters and not much else, what have you bought(or wanted to buy) that is being price fixed?

HQs are at an all time low, NQs are basically give-away status, and RMEA mats are cheaper than they've ever been despite requiring pretty close to the same man-hours to obtain outside of ambuscade.

If you're having trouble with any goal, it's most likely not because of RMT, it's because you're bad or have little free time. Sparks RMT cause a bit of inflation, but salvage/vw/ambuscade/dynamis/whatever RMT(and botters) drive down the price of what they farm by far more.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-05 18:08:20  
And no, Kraken Club isn't being price fixed. It's expensive because it's rare. Someone seeing there are 0 krakens up on a deadass server and it's been going for 400-500m on the lively servers, then choosing to list it for 400-500m, is capitalism.

Server transfers exist, you'd be a complete idiot to sell it for 70m just because your servers history shows 70m. We can all see FFXIAH.

That aside, one of ffxi's most popular streamers, Ejiin, has been showcasing the use of kraken rng against high end content and there's a strong consensus that it's one of if not the highest output jobs when it can get sufficient buffs. It was useless in 2014 because we needed ilevel accuracy to hit anything. Not so much now that we have honor march and a wide variety of ilevel accuracy gear.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 18:16:29  
It's not about what I'm after sport. It's the situation as a whole, it affects everyone. I've also said numerous times that k-club was an example of inflation not price fixing. Learn to read, or better yet learn to mentally retain statements that you are attempting to argue against.

I'm perfectly happy with my level of progress, I am severely behind most current players because I haven't been playing in the last 5 years until a couple of months ago.

Nice attempt at deflecting the issue onto my personal progress. Failure, but nice attempt.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-05 18:17:20  
It's not about what I'm after sport. It's the situation as a whole, it affects everyone.

Okay, let's try again.

How is everyone effected by this? Please cite some items to support your argument, since you're clearly very worked up about it.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 18:20:19  
Nah, I've been told I should be spending my time farming gil instead of arguing against known botters who will defend their source of income no matter how pathetic their excuses are at justifying their activities.

Someone in this very thread already gave an example of how the ***personally affected them. I am not baited that easily.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-05 18:21:57  
So, in other words, you can't come up with even one good example of an item that's being unfairly priced due to this gigantic problem you've gained 20 pts of blood pressure over?

Almost everything is cheaper because of RMT/bots, not more expensive. Sorry.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-05 18:25:15  
fonewear said: »
If you were really principled you would quit FFXI. Because the cheating isn't going anywhere. And if you quit FFXI maybe you can stop making these stupid *** threads.

Maybe probably not.

People are ignoring your thought but i do care for you.

Or your fake boobs
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 18:25:36  
I guess I'll just have to take the word of a biased person over it. I am not going to waste my time defining every single item in the game that is being abused. Cute as it sounds for you though, BPs are doing fine, but I thank you for the concern over my health.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-05 18:26:11  
I'm not asking for every single item, just one.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 19:20:31  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 19:20:51  
SimonSes said: »
***is rediculous.

I have spoken.

I can confirm that. This guy was a reason I needed friend to buy me MNK relic shards/voids on Asura. It was way before MNK bandwagon, because MNK is my main, so on Asura price was between 100k to maybe 1M for most and a little more for head. I think I paid like 30M for almost everything and 10M of that was for head. Now on Bahamut the price was 3-5M for EACH shard/void for every slot, so easily above 30M for each piece.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-05 19:22:01  
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
Ya know, I am curious as to what has been going on. Fenrir has seem some drastic price increases the past few months. I know that supply and demand plays into it, but it just feels like it's to much.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7