New REMA Augments (Full List)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
By Afania 2018-09-12 11:48:36  
Possible to note the translation error on bg wiki so people don't misunderstand it?
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-12 11:51:08  
Speaking of translation errors, what's Rostam's augment in JP?
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2018-09-12 12:25:08  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Afania said: »
Can anyone confirm SU5 path A is really double attack or double damage? The JP text from teaser was clearly double dmg, and some say JP text didn't change. Is that mistranslation?

Afania said:
Ok something doesn't add up.

Checked JP text for blurred oat: 時々2回攻撃

Checked JP text for brutal earring DA: ダブルアタック

Those aren't the same as path A scythe description, which clearly says 2倍撃

Tested path A, this seems like double damage proc.

Every hit do 380 to 450 damage, except very last one hit 802.

Seems English version path A has typo to me.

My +1 Knife is Rank 8 atm might be Rank 9 tomorrow before I test also.
So yea at R8 my knife has +16 "double attacks" so much easier to test. With 0 sources of double attack else where in 200 hits I never multi hit but I did see a bunch of double damage including crits. Nice translation error SE.

Any mention on how to change paths? (Not that I need to change personally, but I have seen a few people with the STP path that thought it was paired with DA.)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-12 23:42:28  
Can anyone confirm SU5 path A is really double attack or double damage? The JP text from teaser was clearly double dmg, and some say JP text didn't change. Is that mistranslation?

Afania said:
Ok something doesn't add up.

Checked JP text for blurred oat: 時々2回攻撃

Checked JP text for brutal earring DA: ダブルアタック

Those aren't the same as path A scythe description, which clearly says 2倍撃

Tested path A, this seems like double damage proc.

Every hit do 380 to 450 damage, except very last one hit 802.

Seems English version path A has typo to me.

My +1 Knife is Rank 8 atm might be Rank 9 tomorrow before I test also.
So yea at R8 my knife has +16 "double attacks" so much easier to test. With 0 sources of double attack else where in 200 hits I never multi hit but I did see a bunch of double damage including crits. Nice translation error SE.

I think it's not so much translation error as bad english. The bard weapon actually has Double Attack, capital DA, no s, the ability. The others with double damage, it's just double attacks. It should probably read doubled attacks and it would sound better but it's technically accurate.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-13 01:14:05  
No, it's a translation error. It should be Occasionally deals double damage, which there's already a string for.

Pretty sure all of the "Double Attack" on the weapons should be the Occasionally deals double damage.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-13 01:37:49  
Asura.Suteru said: »
No, it's a translation error. It should be Occasionally deals double damage, which there's already a string for.

Pretty sure all of the "Double Attack" on the weapons should be the Occasionally deals double damage.

The bard weapon is DA in japanese at least, I'm not sure what other weapons actually have Double Attack vs double attacks.

And they created new strings for a lot of stuff including stuff that already exists because they're augments. I pretty sure there's never been an augment for double damage before now.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-13 02:08:53  
Asura.Fiasko said: »
Any mention on how to change paths? (Not that I need to change personally, but I have seen a few people with the STP path that thought it was paired with DA.)

Nobody has reported the ability to change paths, so you may be locked in... at least for now, who knows if they'll add a change functionality or Abdhaljs Needle-like item in the future (not unprecedented for them to add that kind of thing after the fact in a future update).

That being said, depending on the amount of TA/QA in someone's set, double damage could be worth more than double attack since procs have QA>TA>DA priority. Significant chance of double damage on every multi-attack hit from a weapon could be pretty nice stuff for jobs that can stack a ton of TA/QA.

Also... does anyone have any idea if this Divergence weapon ODD can proc on WS (i.e., unlike Empyrean aftermath)? Would be a unique differentiation.

B path will also be interesting to understand exactly how the mechanics of the "follow-up attack" hit work. Sounds like a "DA"-like proc after/separate from and in addition to the standard multiattack check.

I'll have to leave it to people who are better at math than me to give a better sense of how strong some of these weapons are, and which paths are preferable for certain jobs.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-13 02:22:35  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Also... does anyone have any idea if this Divergence weapon ODD can proc on WS (i.e., unlike Empyrean aftermath)? Would be a unique differentiation.

The japanese augment specifies auto attack only
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-09-13 02:23:15  
DRG's looked to be pretty poor, compared to existing REMA, according to Austars sim. A/B paths, anyway.
By SimonSes 2018-09-13 04:36:06  
Ok so it's safe to assume that pathC BLU SU5 sword has this:
"Chain Affinity" recast time -%d%%
"Burst Affinity" recast time -%d%%

Now I would like to know the value of that %.
By Nariont 2018-09-13 05:49:09  
SimonSes said: »
Ok so it's safe to assume that pathC BLU SU5 sword has this:
"Chain Affinity" recast time -%d%%
"Burst Affinity" recast time -%d%%

Now I would like to know the value of that %.

So far i think any JA recast has been 20 for hq1 and 25 for hq2, id assume its same here
By Afania 2018-09-13 21:11:49  
You guys keep asking for more power creep when we already outgeared most of the content in game.....if SE gives us rema with 80 more base damage we should ask them to increase every content level by 5 to 10 too.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-13 21:32:55  
You missed the point.

The amount of work:reward is SIGNIFICANTLY higher from the last upgrade.

10,000 PBR Is still regoddamndiculous, BUT the increase was resonable.

For the new increase, 10,000 JP -AND- another hundred(s of) million(s) amount of "new rema stone" item, is unreasonable.

(and just the idea of loldienamis is nauseating, rofl) Can you imagine how hard you would've said "*** that" if someone told you in 2011 you'll be doing bi-weekly dynamis again, for the literal rest of your game life.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-13 21:39:56  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You missed the point.

The amount of work:reward is SIGNIFICANTLY higher from the last upgrade.

10,000 PBR Is still regoddamndiculous, BUT the increase was resonable.

For the new increase, 10,000 JP -AND- another hundred million amount of "new rema stone" item, is unreasonable.

(and just the idea of loldienamis is nauseating, rofl) Can you imagine how hard you would've said "*** that" if someone told you in 2011 you'll be doing bi-weekly dynamis again, for the literal rest of your game life.

I didn't miss the point. My point is if you want to ask for a lot of increase, you can't ignore content difficulty.

Last AG upgrade in 2016 didn't make T4 content too easy. But currently everything is easier than T4 in 2016 even before augments came out. So power creep can't be huge. Otherwise augmented rema would just turn wave 3 into omen.

You can argue that SE should make augment fast and easy too, to accomdate the effort required, but then it lose it's purpose to keep player stay subbed for another year.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-09-13 21:41:14  
You guys keep asking for more power creep when we already outgeared most of the content in game.....if SE gives us rema with 80 more base damage we should ask them to increase every content level by 5 to 10 too.

Completely agree. I have no idea why everyone is complaining.. If you want everything you worked on previously to be completely outclassed with every update I suggest playing ff14.

The reason i've played ffxi for so long is i can take a break to progress my career, calm down on content for some crafting or whatever, and im still in the game. Just a few tweaks here and there to become competitive again. It's nice to see things you worked on years ago still being used in your sets.

Yes I would have personally put more characterised stats on all weapons like the relics have, but the update has brought many weapons back to a more balanced place against other options.

If you don't like having long term fine-tuning goals why play? it's one of the most distinctive attributes of the game.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-13 21:45:23  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
If you don't like having long term fine-tuning goals why play? it's one of the most distinctive attributes of the game.

Don't worry, people will complain "too much work" on forums, 6 months later everyone and their mother will run around with augmented DREAM weapons and make it a baseline for new recruits like Idris or REMA BRD.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-09-13 21:49:58  
Shiva.Flowen said: »

Don't worry, people will complain "too much work" on forums, 6 months later everyone and their mother will run around with augmented DREAM weapons and make it a baseline for new recruits like Idris or REMA BRD.

Sounds much too generous. The baseline will probably be 1 of the 5 weapons and if you made any of the others you will left to afk bazaar in port jeuno in a desperate attempt to raise funds to make the next bandwagon choice.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-13 21:59:31  
Sometimes even I still get amazed at how much you're willing to be ***on and still are perfectly happy just taking it.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-13 22:05:39  
Sometimes even I still get amazed at how much you're willing to be ***on and still are perfectly happy just taking it.

Yup, ffxi is fun. So I prefer to log on and have something to do for next 2 years and content being reasonably challenging.

I don't prefer to run out of things to do every 6 months, or every content become as easy(boring) as Omen. May as well don't play if that's the case.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 22:24:29  
Honestly I think they did this wrong for a couple reasons:

They should have only released augments for some weapons at first. Apparently Relic should have been first as they actually offer some level of unique stats to the weapons. They copy/pasted most of the other weapons so should have just released one zones mask KI at a time. This would give longer to work on things and may have made some of the relics BiS for a time.

So they "should" have done Relics with these augments. A month or two later do Mythics with more unique augments, a month or two later Empy, etc.

This would have started people on grinds and prolonged content and power creep by months.

And Su5 shouldn't be mainhand only.
[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-13 22:56:44  

Yup, ffxi is fun. So I prefer to log on and have something to do for next 2 years and content being reasonably challenging.

I don't prefer to run out of things to do every 6 months, or every content become as easy(boring) as Omen. May as well don't play if that's the case.

Well can't expect much when new content now is very scarce per month. Best to take breaks. The game is on maintenance mode.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-13 23:11:24  
Do you have to use aeonic weapons to get points from say jeuno mithra?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-13 23:22:40  
The issue isn't that the upgrades are small. The issue is that the upgrades are so *** batshit bonkers to obtain for casual players that you might not even try to get them.

My real beef is that they hyped up this big *** update (and the previous Dyna one) and like 70% of the contents are like literally useless.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-13 23:27:26  
I didn't complain when adhemar body cost 300m or even 600m and it's just some acc and TA+1. Nor when mythic cost 400m, unsoloable assults and it's just some QD+.

So why would I not be happy with roll +1, DT 48 in every set, follow up attack +50% on a high mdmg acc weapon, leaden salute +15%, last stand +10%, stp+25 for shooting. It's very big improvement already.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-13 23:30:57  
I didn't complain when adhemar body cost 300m or even 600m and it's just some acc and TA+1. Nor when mythic cost 400m, unsoloable assults and it's just some QD+.

So why would I not be happy with roll +1, DT 48 in every set, follow up attack +50% on a high mdmg acc weapon, leaden salute +15%, last stand +10%, stp+25 for shooting. It's very big improvement already.

because I don't give a *** about COR
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-13 23:31:02  
To be fair, the situation for COR is very different from most/all other jobs- so those with other interests will have very different perspectives.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-13 23:31:10  
Odin.Slore said: »
Do you have to use aeonic weapons to get points from say jeuno mithra?

No
By Afania 2018-09-13 23:32:34  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
The issue isn't that the upgrades are small. The issue is that the upgrades are so *** batshit bonkers to obtain for casual players that you might not even try to get them.

What kind of "casual player"? The kind who never care about rema nor HQ gears? or the one who claim they are "casual player" and somehow own multiple AG and HQ?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 23:37:10  
Siren.Kyte said: »
To be fair, the situation for COR is very different from most/all other jobs- so those with other interests will have very different perspectives.

COR is one of the biggest winners in this entire process. Their weapons were already situational and each of them got buffed for when they're situationally best. They didn't even HAVE good melee weapons and got absolutely amazing melee weapons that can help them be good at their role with EVERY SINGLE PATH.

It's no wonder Afania is happy with this update, she *** won it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12