New REMA Augments (Full List)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-11 18:31:43  
Afania said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I can see making a case for augments like 25 SBII or 25 STP being OP in the offhand as they apply to every swing, but the 50% OAT in the offhand (i.e. raetic) only applies to the offhand swing. It's not op to have this effect in the offhand, it's balanced. For 1 handers get the same marginal gain from raetic as 2 handers, you have to use 2 raetic weapons and spend twice as much MP. 1 handers have been shafted with 'mainhand only' RMEA since the introduction of relics.

Yeah but 2h also aren't using FA weapons and rema together.

Why is this relevant? When 1 handers use them, the bonus you get is effectively halved (at least in the OAT sense.)
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-09-11 18:32:17  

My personal opinion is that 1h DD main hand an augmented rema and offhand 50% FA AND 25 SB II is OP as *** compare with 2h that has to pick between REMA or path B SU5, but not both.

More so on cor which can use marksmanship WS AND fulltime 48 DT.

COR has no mainhand RMEA in your example. There would be a small damage loss in fact if the augments for it were moved to OH rather than MH if you used 2x Rostams. COR also is not locked into /nin or /dnc anywhere near as badly as a job like BST, so it wouldn't necessarily be included. NIN/DNC/THF tho would have a good shot at a damage increase by offhanding one of these rather than a 2nd RMEA if they were not all locked to MH since RMEA have always been locked to MH for full effect anyway.

I'm just thinking that they should have actually attempted to carve out a genuine and unique niche for these things rather than set the vast majority up for failure from the starting line...

Oh yah. WTF is up with the BLM staff? ._. I have yet to encounter any testing results on it, but unless the baseline dmg>mp effect applies to raw/unmodified damage before Mana Wall, then PathC actually causes it to negate part of itself when MW is up! May be intentional design, but extremely counterintuitive. Yay for 5min 120% damage invulnerability though. XD

They could quite easily adjust the copy/paste nature of the Path A/B augments for specific jobs if it was absolutely needed for balance. Miniscule odds of it happening since we're dealing with SE, but I don't imagine that it would actually take a mammoth amount of work.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 19:28:57  
I can see making a case for augments like 25 SBII or 25 STP being OP in the offhand as they apply to every swing, but the 50% OAT in the offhand (i.e. raetic) only applies to the offhand swing. It's not op to have this effect in the offhand, it's balanced. For 1 handers get the same marginal gain from raetic as 2 handers, you have to use 2 raetic weapons and spend twice as much MP. 1 handers have been shafted with 'mainhand only' RMEA since the introduction of relics.

Yeah but 2h also aren't using FA weapons and rema together.

Why is this relevant? When 1 handers use them, the bonus you get is effectively halved (at least in the OAT sense.)

This. We have to make TWO weapons to get HALF effectiveness for either Aftermath or OAT. That's the trade off. This update makes the offhand for me comparable to Utu Grip in that it's just a stat stick, while I have half an aftermath or half an OAT in mainhand.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-11 19:31:19  
I just don't get why you're suddenly whining about it now unless you regret the dumb amount of gil you spent on a weapon before we knew the augments
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-11 19:53:20  
maybe many of us expected SE to "right the wrongs of mistakes past" with these augments, and that was probably a bit too high of a standard to set. Instead, we just get a power creep of similar styling to the Magian Moogle steps that took our weapons from 75 all the way to now- slowly adding base damage, a little acc or macc here and there, and boosting the percentage increase to the related weaponskill. In more cases than not, that's all we're getting here. Not an overhaul of the weapon's functionality.

We can still be peeved at the lack of specialization in the augments- I'm not saying that. But with the reflection of a day now on it, I can't say any more that I'm surprised.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-11 20:01:39  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
maybe many of us expected SE to "right the wrongs of mistakes past" with these augments, and that was probably a bit too high of a standard to set.

And thus you have failed to learn your lesson.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-11 20:06:53  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
maybe many of us expected SE to "right the wrongs of mistakes past" with these augments, and that was probably a bit too high of a standard to set.

And thus you have failed to learn your lesson.

oh so true...
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 20:07:25  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I just don't get why you're suddenly whining about it now unless you regret the dumb amount of gil you spent on a weapon before we knew the augments

I first thought su5 for THF was completely useless. Then I saw the Scythe augments and after stewing about it I was like...holy ***that's going to be amazing. So yeah I bought one. And then they came out with mainhand only, which while there are plenty of effects that end up only working mainhand, they've never outright stated it. I mean even if the follow up attack was mainhand only but the subtle blow II worked in both hands I'd consider Gandring solidly BiS. But follow up attacks have worked on offhands before (Justice, raetic) and can't think of where they haven't before. So we had plenty of reason to think they'd still work in offhand.
By Afania 2018-09-11 20:32:31  
I was already suspecting augment would be nerfed in a way on 1h before update. Offhand a 50% FA weapon and SB2 25% is just too good.

Raetic isn't on the same lv as this since it needs MP and no SB.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 20:38:36  
I was already suspecting augment would be nerfed in a way on 1h before update. Offhand a 50% FA weapon and SB2 25% is just too good.

Raetic isn't on the same lv as this since it needs MP and no SB.

And Raetic was also already more viable for 2h users than 1h users because they get the full impact of the weapon...
By Rainemard 2018-09-12 01:34:03  
Can anyone confirm how the Follow-up attack works and which rules it abides to? Does it work like raetic, i.e. can't proc on WS? Can it proc alongside a Double Attack, but not on a Double attack? Does it work on the offhand weapon if you're mainhanding the Follow-up attack+50% weapon? Any information is appreciated.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Phelx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Phelx
By Lakshmi.Phelx 2018-09-12 02:57:22  
Since bullets dispensed from weapons are at i119, there is more than a good chance that when your ranged weapon moves to i1194 (i120 whatever we're calling it), so will the ammo from the pouches
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-09-12 03:15:30  
Can anyone confirm SU5 path A is really double attack or double damage? The JP text from teaser was clearly double dmg, and some say JP text didn't change. Is that mistranslation?

Afania said:
Ok something doesn't add up.

Checked JP text for blurred oat: 時々2回攻撃

Checked JP text for brutal earring DA: ダブルアタック

Those aren't the same as path A scythe description, which clearly says 2倍撃

Tested path A, this seems like double damage proc.

Every hit do 380 to 450 damage, except very last one hit 802.

Seems English version path A has typo to me.

My +1 Knife is Rank 8 atm might be Rank 9 tomorrow before I test also.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-12 03:23:55  
Lakshmi.Phelx said: »
Since bullets dispensed from weapons are at i119, there is more than a good chance that when your ranged weapon moves to i1194 (i120 whatever we're calling it), so will the ammo from the pouches
The guns got -2 inventory you now how to dispense from a belt pouch which it's because no enough room on the weapon to show the aug path. Sad bullets didnt get upgrade damage least I know not to ag anni now as it got gaped even more by fomal.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2018-09-12 03:50:05  
Anyone got a simplified explanation for how one starts and then acquires the Mythic Updated Weapons? There's a lot of info blurred

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Vishwambhari 2018-09-12 05:04:17  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Lakshmi.Phelx said: »
The guns got -2 inventory you now how to dispense from a belt pouch which it's because no enough room on the weapon to show the aug path. Sad bullets didnt get upgrade damage least I know not to ag anni now as it got gaped even more by fomal.
I think annihilator is in a great spot right now. You would still use it for coronach, which got a 20% boost with this update (and that is more than what last stand got). The 5 stp does not hurt either. You would still be using fomal for pure damage, but anni's niche didnt suffer one bit.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-12 05:52:08  
The alternative option shouldn't be fast in anyway, other wise people won't have strong incentive to do dyna wave 3.

With the rate of how slow upgrading a single weapon is going to be [Almost same time as farming 10k JP for all types] I'm more than sure that people will end up doing [Dyna + Omen] quite frequently regardless..

Unless they want to buy all the [700-800] singles for rank 15 or multibox the hell out of it...

A group of 10 farming [Dyna+Omen] will net them 60-80 singles/person each week! thats almost 12-14 weeks.

Prices are expected to be really high [200M+] for each weapon. [assuming 250k for singls]
By SimonSes 2018-09-12 06:11:08  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Unless they want to buy all the [700-800] singles for rank 15 or multibox the hell out of it...

Hey, it that 700-800 confirmed or just a guess?
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-12 06:41:01  
Its a guess reflecting Eschalixir mechanic to rank 15.
By volkom 2018-09-12 07:05:01  
I wonder if the jp community has the same sentiments that we do about this update
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-12 07:08:35  
volkom said: »
I wonder if the jp community has the same sentiments that we do about this update

So far seen some posts about the 700 weekly cap, haven't seen any complaints about mainhand yet but I'm using Google Translate and my fluent JP buddy has been busy.
By kishr 2018-09-12 07:26:01  
Wasn't there a pic of it going to rank 25?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-12 08:12:18  
kishr said: »
Su5 weapons goto 25
necks goto 15
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-12 08:14:51  
Asura.Toralin said: »
kishr said: »
Su5 weapons goto 25
necks goto 15

+2 necks go to 25.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-09-12 08:17:53  
Some of you are use to being fed *** by SE, so when you actually get dog crap it's like a normal day. It's sad to be honest.
By SimonSes 2018-09-12 09:12:14  
Necks go to:
NQ to lv15
HQ to lv20
HQ2 to lv25

That's the whole point in that augmenting system. Its the same for weapon btw. Only HQ2 weapon goes to rank 25 and you can also augment NQ weapon to rank 15 and HQ1 to rank 20.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-12 09:17:27  
If it follows same Eschalixir mechanic, It'll be roughly ~25,000 RP to level 25.
By SimonSes 2018-09-12 09:19:56  
Asura.Suteru said: »
If it follows same Eschalixir mechanic, It'll be roughly ~25,000 RP to level 25.

Well but REMA only goes to rank 15 if im not mistaken. That's why REMA only have items to upgrade and SU5/necks have additionally RP from kills.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-09-12 11:46:16  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Can anyone confirm SU5 path A is really double attack or double damage? The JP text from teaser was clearly double dmg, and some say JP text didn't change. Is that mistranslation?

Afania said:
Ok something doesn't add up.

Checked JP text for blurred oat: 時々2回攻撃

Checked JP text for brutal earring DA: ダブルアタック

Those aren't the same as path A scythe description, which clearly says 2倍撃

Tested path A, this seems like double damage proc.

Every hit do 380 to 450 damage, except very last one hit 802.

Seems English version path A has typo to me.

My +1 Knife is Rank 8 atm might be Rank 9 tomorrow before I test also.
So yea at R8 my knife has +16 "double attacks" so much easier to test. With 0 sources of double attack else where in 200 hits I never multi hit but I did see a bunch of double damage including crits. Nice translation error SE.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12