New REMA Augments (Full List)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
By likard 2018-09-11 13:24:08  
occ does 2-3 damage is 2-3倍撃 according to Death Penalty. Which looks like what they originally put for path A.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-09-11 13:31:24  
Leviathan.Azhura said: »
The 10k JP complaint should be read in the context of These augments are not good enough to justify that amount of time.

No, I didn't read it that way. I read rema augment the main reward which offers incentive for people to do dyna wave 3 and play with people. And JP requirement as an much inferior alternative option to upgrade for people with absolutely no choice.

The alternative option shouldn't be fast in anyway, other wise people won't have strong incentive to do dyna wave 3.

There are tons of wave 3 groups still struggle with recruiting. If JP route is fast, then those groups will have even harder time to recruit.

By having JP route way less efficient, maybe more and more people will start to have this idea of "ok, time to invest my time for an endgame ls for wave 3 clear" and play FFXI like mmo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-09-11 13:39:55  
Afania said: »
The 10k JP complaint should be read in the context of These augments are not good enough to justify that amount of time.

No, I didn't read it that way. I read rema augment the main reward which offers incentive for people to do dyna wave 3 and play with people. And JP requirement as an much inferior alternative option to upgrade for people with absolutely no choice.

The alternative option shouldn't be fast in anyway, other wise people won't have strong incentive to do dyna wave 3.

There are tons of wave 3 groups still struggle with recruiting. If JP route is fast, then those groups will have even harder time to recruit.

By having JP route way less efficient, maybe more and more people will start to have this idea of "ok, time to invest my time for an endgame ls for wave 3 clear" and play FFXI like mmo.

100% agree
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-11 13:49:40  
Endgame players don't want to be 4 months behind. Even the most casual of shells can beat wave3 bosses if they have some decent gear and put practice in; the dps check is pitiful and there are no truly awful mechanics to get used to.

The only people truly upset about the JP are people who want all the best gear without putting a modicum of effort in.
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-11 13:53:45  
For someone who probably won't Dynamis, I don't think 3 months to unlock an entire category of weapon upgrades is bad at all. And Master jobs CP fast, 700 per week is nothing, plus I already have nearly 2k of unused JP - buys me a few free weeks.

I get this isn't 2002 and we don't want to build a relic for 2-3 years, or spend hours upon hours camping HNM hoping to get a claim and drop. But 3 months in an MMO? That's nothing for a top tier weapon. And the unlock opens the entire group not just a single weapon - so you can pick and choose between the good ones that will benefit you. And as you are unlocking it you can save the upgrade currencies from omen, so you don't really lose out on time making it once its unlocked.

I seriously don't get the complaints. Working a bit and reaping the rewards of your hard work are what this game is all about.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-11 13:56:18  

If dienamis wasn't a hot steaming pile of ***, maybe people would do it *shrug*

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-11 14:01:16  
Used to be that people used a lv 90 empy to do all lv 99 content without issue. But now, no one is happy with anything anymore unless it's maxed out.
Not upgraded, these weapons are as strong as they were just a few days ago. But just because a new upgrade exists people need it and they need it now.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-11 14:02:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Maybe dienamis is crap, but Dynamis is fine. Wave 3 is actually fun.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-11 14:09:17  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I agree that it isnt best endgame event we have in entire ffxi history.

But the content rewards:
1) endgame ls using an alliance instead of 5 box like omen. There are no penalty to take more people in like aeonic either.

So there are legit reason and incentive for groups to expand their size and start taking new people in.

Did you see how many ls recruitment thread suddenly pop post wave 3 update, recruiting all type of jobs, not just epeo RUN nirv SMN yag WHM?

I feel this is what community currently needs: a content that encourage endgame groups to expand and take more wide variety of jobs in. And dyna wave 3 is just that.

2) it also encourages people use wider variety of sets in endgame. Things like different acc tier tp sets haven't been a requirement for DD for very long time. We can literally tp in lowest acc for every relevant content we can think of and still capped.

Dyna actually reward people work on these sets.

There are certainly something I don't like in dyna, mainly horrible lags unless I turn off every setting to the lowest. Otherwise I feel it's a nice addition to ffxi endgame content that solved the issue of many endgame content like omen(favors lowman), ambu VD(6 man, PUG-able), MT(6man)and aeonic (favors lowman these days too, lol) favors small groups with mules, but not bigger, structured endgame ls that works more like 75 days endgame ls.
 Leviathan.Azhura
user: Azhura
By Leviathan.Azhura 2018-09-11 14:25:16  
What was apparently lost was my point that the issue here isn’t the 10k JP to unlock or the relative pros and cons of dynamis. The larger point was the poorly thought out, copy/pasted and in some cases totally useless augments. And like I already said, it’s not the worth thing ever, but it is a missed opportunity to add unique enhancements and I certainly don’t fault anyone for being disappointed.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-11 14:31:27  
What was apparently lost was my point that the issue here isn’t the 10k JP to unlock or the relative pros and cons of dynamis. The larger point was the poorly thought out, copy/pasted and in some cases totally useless augments. And like I already said, it’s not the worth thing ever, but it is a missed opportunity to add unique enhancements and I certainly don’t fault anyone for being disappointed.

Yeah but ffxi rema weapon has been that way since forever, some are good, some are more niche and situational, and one update may change but all weapons are never equally useful.

Most of the rema weapon has been copy and paste too, see empy(minus shield and instrument) and aeoincs.

So I still don't get this overwhelming amount of complain, about something that's been like that since forever.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-11 14:41:42  
That still remains to be seen. When aeonics came out, people were upset about copy/paste. Eventually, they came to be regarded as BiS weapons for most DD's. So let's wait and see before being judging too harshly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Azhura
By Leviathan.Azhura 2018-09-11 14:41:49  

Yeah but ffxi rema weapon has been that way since forever, some are good, some are more niche and situational, and one update may change but all weapons are never equally useful.

Most of the rema weapon has been copy and paste too, see empy(minus shield and instrument) and aeoincs.

So I still don't get this overwhelming amount of complain, about something that's been like that since forever.

Complaining is a fairly typical response to disappointment.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-09-11 14:42:00  
People wanted more... got less... que the the tears...

I think its great SE took the time to make a new power creep
[+]
By aigulfe 2018-09-11 14:54:07  
Is there a list of the various lvls of augs for all the dyna necks someplace yet? Seen a few of the posted here n there but really wanted to see a full list, figure out my plan going fwd neck wise.
By Afania 2018-09-11 14:54:32  

And where did that disappointment came From? FFXI was never about super power creep WOW FF14 style.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Azhura
By Leviathan.Azhura 2018-09-11 15:06:47  

And where did that disappointment came From? FFXI was never about super power creep WOW FF14 style.

I guess giving mages anything other than 30 macc counts as super power creep. In that case thank god SE mailed it in.
By Afania 2018-09-11 15:08:35  

I guess giving mages anything other than 30 macc counts as super power creep. In that case thank god SE mailed it in.

SE also gave mages aeonic. So it's expected.
By Nyarlko 2018-09-11 17:39:17  
Asura.Cair said: »
I think it's this, but I couldn't say for sure because they aren't ordered as well/some of the vals show up weird so I don't think I'm doing it quite right, which is the reason I haven't posted them:

Edit: I sort of used packets, but mostly I was editing memory values.

This... makes me sad. They had a chance to fix one of the big complaints about BST, and instead we're still stuck w/ Charmer's Merlin. T_T
[+]
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2018-09-11 17:51:23  
Quote:
This... makes me sad. They had a chance to fix one of the big complaints about BST, and instead we're still stuck w/ Charmer's Merlin. T_T
Nyarlko said: »
Asura.Cair said: »
I think it's this, but I couldn't say for sure because they aren't ordered as well/some of the vals show up weird so I don't think I'm doing it quite right, which is the reason I haven't posted them:

Edit: I sort of used packets, but mostly I was editing memory values.

Absolutely, all they had to do was make them not stack and all of the world would have just been fine...
By Afania 2018-09-11 17:52:18  
Can anyone confirm SU5 path A is really double attack or double damage? The JP text from teaser was clearly double dmg, and some say JP text didn't change. Is that mistranslation?

Afania said:
Ok something doesn't add up.

Checked JP text for blurred oat: 時々2回攻撃

Checked JP text for brutal earring DA: ダブルアタック

Those aren't the same as path A scythe description, which clearly says 2倍撃

Tested path A, this seems like double damage proc.

Every hit do 380 to 450 damage, except very last one hit 802.

Seems English version path A has typo to me.
By Nyarlko 2018-09-11 18:00:34  
Nariont said: »
Its more a case of "what could have been" especially with dyna-d weapons being largely shafted in the 1h department, anyone who saw the scythe augs probably should have guessed that's how the rest of the weapons would look but, dare to hope man. So its not a useless upgrade, just a disappointing one, that's all.

I already expected 1h to tone down and weaker than scythe ones. Think about it, dw 2 follow up attack su5 is utterly broken when 2h su5 compete with Rema for a slot. If they work offhand.

Why would 1h get to use both? Or get to offhand it.

I'm a cor main and even then I don't want the job to tp as fast as SAM with 2 follow up attack su5 while spamming 40k leaden and maintain 48 Dt in every set. THAT is broken

Personally, I think the 1H Div weapons should've been "Off Hand" augments instead, for 1H melee/DD jobs, especially those that are capable of Dual Wielding natively or are locked in to a DW subjob by default (like BST).

If you think about it, doing so would have increased their usefulness overall as that would've been a unique niche to position them as. I think they would be viewed more favorably by us all if they were not directly competing with RMEA for the MH slot, and instead proclaimed themselves to be the best possible OH weapons.

... There are lots of typos in the augments that I've seen so far, so maybe someone can convince them to change this under the auspices of "typo corrections". >_>

@Nariont: They stated that the scythe was showing off the pattern for augment paths, so we did know what to expect somewhat. The upsetting part is that the scythe did not warn us of the "Main Hand only" augment restriction.
By Afania 2018-09-11 18:05:53  
Nyarlko said: »
Nariont said: »
Its more a case of "what could have been" especially with dyna-d weapons being largely shafted in the 1h department, anyone who saw the scythe augs probably should have guessed that's how the rest of the weapons would look but, dare to hope man. So its not a useless upgrade, just a disappointing one, that's all.

I already expected 1h to tone down and weaker than scythe ones. Think about it, dw 2 follow up attack su5 is utterly broken when 2h su5 compete with Rema for a slot. If they work offhand.

Why would 1h get to use both? Or get to offhand it.

I'm a cor main and even then I don't want the job to tp as fast as SAM with 2 follow up attack su5 while spamming 40k leaden and maintain 48 Dt in every set. THAT is broken

Personally, I think the 1H Div weapons should've been "Off Hand" augments instead, for 1H melee/DD jobs, especially those that are capable of Dual Wielding natively or are locked in to a DW subjob by default (like BST).

If you think about it, doing so would have increased their usefulness overall as that would've been a unique niche to position them as. I think they would be viewed more favorably by us all if they were not directly competing with RMEA for the MH slot, and instead proclaimed themselves to be the best possible OH weapons.

... There are lots of typos in the augments that I've seen so far, so maybe someone can convince them to change this under the auspices of "typo corrections". >_>

@Nariont: They stated that the scythe was showing off the pattern for augment paths, so we did know what to expect somewhat. The upsetting part is that the scythe did not warn us of the "Main Hand only" augment restriction.

My personal opinion is that 1h DD main hand an augmented rema and offhand 50% FA AND 25 SB II is OP as ***(in terms of how much power creep we are getting this update) compare with 2h that has to pick between REMA or path B SU5, but not both.

More so on cor which can use marksmanship WS AND fulltime 48 DT.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-11 18:12:28  
I can see making a case for augments like 25 SBII or 25 STP being OP in the offhand as they apply to every swing, but the 50% OAT in the offhand (i.e. raetic) only applies to the offhand swing. It's not op to have this effect in the offhand, it's balanced. For 1 handers get the same marginal gain from raetic as 2 handers, you have to use 2 raetic weapons and spend twice as much MP. 1 handers have been shafted with 'mainhand only' RMEA since the introduction of relics.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-11 18:19:38  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I can see making a case for augments like 25 SBII or 25 STP being OP in the offhand as they apply to every swing, but the 50% OAT in the offhand (i.e. raetic) only applies to the offhand swing. It's not op to have this effect in the offhand, it's balanced. For 1 handers get the same marginal gain from raetic as 2 handers, you have to use 2 raetic weapons and spend twice as much MP. 1 handers have been shafted with 'mainhand only' RMEA since the introduction of relics.

Yeah but 2h also aren't using FA weapons and rema together.
 Asura.Fiasko
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Fiasko 2018-09-11 18:21:33  
Can anyone confirm SU5 path A is really double attack or double damage? The JP text from teaser was clearly double dmg, and some say JP text didn't change. Is that mistranslation?

Afania said:
Ok something doesn't add up.

Checked JP text for blurred oat: 時々2回攻撃

Checked JP text for brutal earring DA: ダブルアタック

Those aren't the same as path A scythe description, which clearly says 2倍撃

Tested path A, this seems like double damage proc.

Every hit do 380 to 450 damage, except very last one hit 802.

Seems English version path A has typo to me.

Just aligns with the preview translation.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12