New REMA Augments (Full List)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
By Afania 2018-09-14 22:22:35  
Asura.Umopepisdn said: »
I think Lady's frustration stems from the perspective of this being their chance to balance the game without directly altering mechanics. They don't often alter or rework abilities/ws anymore, and when they do they're clueless (hi mnk).

So their best course is gear. Making these augs main hand only only leaves this game's "meta" in the same boring place it's been for years.

Then you guys should ask for ilv trial of Magian instead of new line of legendary weapon like Dyna D weapons. ToM is a better system(imo) for variety of builds, and a nice goal to work on solo.

I feel that certain augments on SU5, like FA+50% which pairs with SB2, is the entire reason why it doesn't work offhand.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 22:23:24  
a smart person would have waited to see the augments first at least
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 22:23:57  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

If I said this everyone would lose their ***.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 22:24:46  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

i mean worth is subjective, i don't give a ***if someone wants to spend 500M on a weapon, but it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to do it without even knowing what the weapon will be since you don't even know what you're buying
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-09-14 22:37:21  
Of course buyer's remorse comes into play, but i bought neither the neck nor dagger and share the same opinion.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 22:37:56  

i mean worth is subjective, i don't give a ***if someone wants to spend 500M on a weapon, but it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to do it without even knowing what the weapon will be since you don't even know what you're buying

Except we got a teaser of the augments. And they said there were three paths, two static across all weapons and one job specific. It was at this point I made the purchase. Before augments were teased the weapon was trash, and I even told the guy on Asura I eventually bought it from as such when he made one and asked me to buy it.

This is the first time an augment outright is stated not to work in the offhand. So far some special effects don't work in offhand (aftermaths mostly) but all reisen and eacha augmented gear have augments that work in the offhand.
[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-14 22:38:41  

1) Impatience
2) Epenis

Those are your answers as to why.
By Afania 2018-09-14 22:40:09  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
This is the first time an augment outright is stated not to work in the offhand. So far some special effects don't work in offhand (aftermaths mostly) but all reisen and eacha augmented gear have augments that work in the offhand.

That's how rema works since forever and SE already said dyna weapon is legendary, not on same tier as reisen weapons. The cost and main hand restrictions just reflects that.

If you don't like how rema works on dw jobs shoulda complain years go.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 22:44:47  
Afania said: »

That's how rema works since forever and SE already said dyna weapon is legendary, not on same tier as reisen weapons. The cost and main hand restrictions just reflects that.

If you don't like how rema works on dw jobs shoulda complain years go.

I already explained why it wasn't complained about before, no Utu grip meant dw jobs still had the advantage.

And love the logic that, "Oh this is a higher tier of weapon, so obviously it's worth less than a lower tier in the offhand".
By Afania 2018-09-14 22:47:18  
And love the logic that, "Oh this is a higher tier of weapon, so obviously it's worth less than a lower tier in the offhand".

Yup, it's not new in ffxi, otherwise NIN would offhand rema, and tizona blu wouldn't offhand raetic +1.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 22:54:43  

Yup, it's not new in ffxi, otherwise NIN would offhand rema, and tizona blu wouldn't offhand raetic +1.

Yeah, completely nonsensical, illogical game design is somehow not bad game design in this instance. I don't even know what you're saying here. All the 1h su5 are complete trash aside from Cor. That's bad *** design. If you add new legendary weapons they should not all be *** trash.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-14 23:04:52  

Yeah, completely nonsensical, illogical game design is somehow not bad game design in this instance. I don't even know what you're saying here. All the 1h su5 are complete trash aside from Cor. That's bad *** design. If you add new legendary weapons they should not all be *** trash.

I'm saying ffxi has always been like this, everything that you mentioned. From rema doesnt work offhand, to rema not being bis. (Redemption, mandau etc.), to 2h has higher dps ceiling than 1h. I mean, utu grip is out for 1+ years too. So why now?

Like other complaints in this thread, people are complaining something that has exist in ffxi for years. Small improvements or even sidegrade, expensive gears, grinding, and all that.

So why now? "Logical design" or not, It feels more like you guys just want to rant after an update and less like you guys legitimately think last update has serious design issues that will suddenly kill the game or something.

But whatever, go on. I already made my point that I feel the amount of rant came from this update is a little ridiculous anyways.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 23:17:38  
This is the first time augments have specifically been mentioned as mainhand only. I am just going to repeat this until you understand this isn't business as usual. This was a change in protocol.

The only "normal stat" that doesn't work in offhand is Mandau's attack+60, which has been complained about for years and why it is such a *** *** weapon. The attribute from rema works in offhand. Stp works for aeonics.

This is the only example in the entire game of yellow text not working in the offhand.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-15 02:02:24  
The only "normal stat" that doesn't work in offhand is Mandau's attack+60, which has been complained about for years and why it is such a *** *** weapon.
I think it's all 1 hand relics. I can't speak for Mjollnir, Excalibur, or Guttler though. The other Katana here is Shuhansadamune at +242 skill and no other attack/str.

Apparently at some point during the trial of magians upgrades the +attack did work on Kikoku as offhand around level 80-85, if memory serves. Probably something to do with that funky augment adding extra D. Could be completely talking out of my *** with that though.
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-09-15 02:26:22  
So, can you change paths on weapons, or once you chose one, you gotta stick with it? (Dynamis crafted weapons)
 Fenrir.Kazeki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kazeki
By Fenrir.Kazeki 2018-09-16 15:47:00  
Can anyone confirm if path A double damage applies only to white damage or white damage and WS damage? Screenshots preferred if possible :)
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-16 15:55:47  
Fenrir.Kazeki said: »
Can anyone confirm if path A double damage applies only to white damage or white damage and WS damage? Screenshots preferred if possible :)

White damage only. Dev confirmed
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-16 16:46:32  
anybody have the path A and B on rdm + blu divergence hq2 weapons? thx a lot if u can help on here
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-16 17:35:05  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
anybody have the path A and B on rdm + blu divergence hq2 weapons? thx a lot if u can help on here

Path A and B are static across all weapons.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-16 17:39:41  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

Path A and B are static across all weapons.

And what are them? wiki lists only the path c
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-09-16 17:46:59  
Lists all paths. A and b are at the top of each category clearly listed.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-16 18:02:13  
Asura.Nuance said: »
Lists all paths. A and b are at the top of each category clearly listed.

Derp just saw it lol, thx!
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-09-17 08:17:14  
Minor note, the BGWiki page has Mjollnir's augment listed as damage +7, its damage +12.

/edit Thanks for updating the page.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-18 12:13:53  
A few days late to this one, but hey...

Um... the katana (even the HQ1 version) is NIN's best offhand in the vast majority of scenarios for any mainhand, even without augments applying to mainhand. To some extent that's due to NIN getting hosed on empy WS/attribute and not having had a DEX+50 (now 70) Empyrean weapon like our dagger/sword friends did (and quirks like the Racc+50 on Divergence being really helpful for Daken TP generation), but the point remains that Divergence katanas sure as heck aren't "complete trash". And hey, I am leaning toward just sticking the path C tanking augments on my katana and letting them be useless when I'm using it as my normal offense-oriented offhand; I can pop the weapon into mainhand as needed for tanking situations.

It's unfortunate that THF gets far less utility out of these weapons when offhanded, and I truly do sympathize. But speak for yourself and leave us ninjas and corsairs out of your rant about "trash" weapons ;)

Ragnarok.Casey said: »
The only "normal stat" that doesn't work in offhand is Mandau's attack+60, which has been complained about for years and why it is such a *** *** weapon.
I think it's all 1 hand relics.

Would I like augments to apply on mainhand, sure. But I'm really not too shocked, since aftermaths and "special" effects never worked in offhand.

As Casey mentioned, for "normal" stats it's definitely not just Mandau atk that doesn't work in offhand. Kikoku attack is the same situation, and I understand that's also the case for the other 1h Relics like Excalibur, Guttler, etc.

As for Mythics, while I don't own any 1h Mythics yet and would love to see more clear confirmation, I've often heard that the 1h weapons have some "normal" looking stats - that is, aside from the obvious "special" effects (Tizona's damage->MP, Carn's extra song) and the "Enhances" JA effects (Yagrush's Enhances Divine Veil, Vajra's Enhances SA/TA, Murg's Enhances Convert) - that don't apply when offhanded. I'm talking about stuff like Murg's Macc+40, Nagi's Enmity+40, Burtgang's PDT II -18% (not that it would be worth giving up a shield), etc. Again, would love to see definite confirmation of that though, as I've never been 100% sure of it.

So, with Relic and presumably Mythic having "normal" stats that don't apply when offhanded, triple damage procs on Relics not applying offhanded, Relic WS being locked to mainhand only, Mythic associated WS damage increase being locked to mainhand, no aftermaths on any RMEA applying offhanded, no TP Bonus from Aeonics... on a total balance, Empys' attribute+ and Aeonics' STP seem to be the outliers for 1h RMEA stats that DO apply when offhanded.

On that note, at least all of the unique base stats on Divergence weapons DO apply when offhanded - which is more than we can say for most past "ultimate" weapons. Might not be useful for everyone, but NIN's Atk/Utsusemi works when offhanded (Atk+105 after an Utsusemi: San clearly has some utility), I understand that DNC's Step TP consumed works, etc. Sorry you got Treasure Hunter, THFs.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-18 13:02:12  
At least you *** know what your weapon does with relatively minimal testing.

I still don't know what "doubles blood pact status" does on draumstafir.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-18 13:13:19  
Asura.Frod said: »
At least you *** know what your weapon does with relatively minimal testing.

I still don't know what "doubles blood pact status" does on draumstafir.

it helps you smn burn all the things...duh
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-09-18 14:05:34  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
As for Mythics, while I don't own any 1h Mythics yet and would love to see more clear confirmation, I've often heard that the 1h weapons have some "normal" looking stats - that is, aside from the obvious "special" effects (Tizona's damage->MP, Carn's extra song) and the "Enhances" JA effects (Yagrush's Enhances Divine Veil, Vajra's Enhances SA/TA, Murg's Enhances Convert) - that don't apply when offhanded. I'm talking about stuff like Murg's Macc+40, Nagi's Enmity+40, Burtgang's PDT II -18% (not that it would be worth giving up a shield), etc. Again, would love to see definite confirmation of that though, as I've never been 100% sure of it.
Thought I'd add that Aymur's Pet attack and Sic/Ready enhancement doesn't work offhand either. Not surprising; just confirming.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12