New REMA Augments (Full List)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New REMA Augments (Full List)
New REMA Augments (Full List)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
By Afania 2018-09-13 23:38:57  
Siren.Kyte said: »
To be fair, the situation for COR is very different from most/all other jobs- so those with other interests will have very different perspectives.

Other job has similar ws dmg boost as cor, just not roll +1 nor 48 dt. (I already agreed that DT thing is kinda broken, and the reason why I feel main hand only SU5 is not a bad choice to balance it out)

What I can think of real quick:
Empy Torcleaver, aeonic upheaval, tizona offhand raetic build, aeoinc RUN, empy fudo.

All these are decent chunk of increase compare with adhemar TA+1 which cost 300m to 600m back then.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 23:46:10  
Afania said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
To be fair, the situation for COR is very different from most/all other jobs- so those with other interests will have very different perspectives.

Other job has similar ws dmg boost as cor, just not roll +1 nor 48 dt. (I already agreed that DT thing is kinda broken, and the reason why I feel main hand only SU5 is not a bad choice to balance it out)

What I can think of real quick:
Empy Torcleaver, aeonic upheaval, tizona offhand raetic build, aeoinc RUN, empy fudo.

All these are decent chunk of increase compare with adhemar TA+1 which cost 300m to 600m back then.

I'm kinda surprised you're even trying. COR was already the lucky one in that they were already used to jumping between a variety of guns, swords and daggers for the situation that was required of them. I suppose you could argue they did this because they didn't even necessarily have a good BiS option before, but now they do.

Before you used DP for Leaden, which is now +15. You used Arma for Wildfire, which got +10, and Fomalhaut for Last Stand, which got +10. And some extra acc/macc/dmg as appropriate. Just at guns alone COR got the proper stats associated with each of their weapons.

And then you look at their Su5. COR is the one job, aside from maybe Ninja, that can use +50 acc of all 3 types on the su5. It also isn't necessarily built for being in melee range so +150 HP is awesome, and 12-48% DT is completely *** unbelievably good.

Then you look at the augments and COR either gets longer, stronger rolls, their primary role, or they get STP+25 for shooting, or they get an OAT weapon for spamming more of their ranged WS. They won in every single weapon. All 6 upgrades COR got this month ARE ENTIRELY VIABLE.

Then look at my job, THF. Mandau is still ***. Most of Aeneas' upgrade means ***, Vajra is still ***. I don't need 50 racc/macc. My su5 is only viable mainhand, and my BiS offhand of the last few years just became my BiS mainhand. So now I don't even have a good offhand weapon! Now you know me Afania, and you know I like to and can change things up. But this update just *** with me, it didn't make things more interesting, it didn't make me much more powerful, it just triggers me because now I have one semi-interesting choice for mainhand (Aeneas vs Twashtar) and no choice for offhand.
By Afania 2018-09-13 23:48:53  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
It's no wonder Afania is happy with this update, she *** won it.

I didn't complain about adhemar HQ price back in 2016 either :p. And multiple job already got bigger increase than adhemar HQ, not just cor.

I think THF just happened to be on the lower end this update, one of my lsmate used "thf got trolled" to describe THF SU5. And I can understand the frustration because you bought a dagger before update.

But for some other jobs that I listed, the increase doesn't seem THAT bad. Maybe not cor lv of good, still way better than TA+1 on adhemar in 2016.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-13 23:55:45  

I didn't complain about adhemar HQ price back in 2016 either :p. And multiple job already got bigger increase than adhemar HQ, not just cor.

I think THF just happened to be on the lower end this update, one of my lsmate used "thf got trolled" to describe THF SU5. And I can understand the frustration because you bought a dagger before update.

But for some other job, the increase doesn't seem THAT bad.

Yes, but nobody is saying this update wasn't worth it for COR, they're saying it wasn't worth it for a lot of jobs. Some jobs won, some got screwed. For something as massive as a REMA update and addition of su5 across the board, there should be something good for everyone across the board. My neck is an upgrade but it's really unimpressive compared to many of these other necks. THF is one of the few that didn't get PDL, which I sure would have preferred over Evasion PLUS *** TWENTY FIVE in a world where you need 1400-1700 accuracy, presumably because that's also the accuracy levels of high end content, and I TP in a set that has 1056 evasion (with +11 from my neck!)...

If su5 worked offhand, I'd be hyped for this update, I truly would. Follow up/SBII in offhand would be baller. I'd be saving up for more Gandrings just to test out an evasion build which hasn't been seen in over half a decade in FFXI. I'd be hyped, excited and looking forward to progress for months to come. But only works mainhand = I got ***.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-14 00:08:03  

But for some other jobs that I listed, the increase doesn't seem THAT bad. Maybe not cor lv of good, still way better than TA+1 on adhemar in 2016.

The adhemar comparison doesn't even work here. All of the adhemar gears were released at once, alongside, you know, new content, so you had options that, even if they weren't top tier, were still incredibly viable. I got a NQ adhemar jacket and that was fine. It's still a solid option.

You're comparing the price differential between Adhemar and Adhemar +1 when you really should be comparing Adhemar vs. everything else that was in the game at that point. Adhemar actually changed ***.

This update the majority of us are getting jack ***aside from a damage rating boost.
By Afania 2018-09-14 00:10:48  

But for some other job, the increase doesn't seem THAT bad.

Yes, but nobody is saying this update wasn't worth it for COR, they're saying it wasn't worth it for a lot of jobs. Some jobs won, some got screwed. For something as massive as a REMA update and addition of su5 across the board, there should be something good for everyone across the board. My neck is an upgrade but it's really unimpressive compared to many of these other necks. THF is one of the few that didn't get PDL, which I sure would have preferred over Evasion PLUS *** TWENTY FIVE in a world where you need 1400-1700 accuracy, presumably because that's also the accuracy levels of high end content, and I TP in a set that has 1056 evasion (with +11 from my neck!)...

If su5 worked offhand, I'd be hyped for this update, I truly would. Follow up/SBII in offhand would be baller. I'd be saving up for more Gandrings just to test out an evasion build which hasn't been seen in over half a decade in FFXI. I'd be hyped, excited and looking forward to progress for months to come. But only works mainhand = I got ***.

I personally prefer SE change THF neck augment and thf SU5 path C over removing SU5 mainhand restriction across the board anyways.

You have no idea how broken Rostam would be if it works offhand. DP cor with malaise buff already been parsing top on wave 3 boss in multiple groups spamming 45k avg leaden over and over without the need to use any rostam. Add DW 2 follow up attack Rostam for that it's utterly broken with all that TP gain and DT.

Despite you think I "won" the update, I prefer not to see the job turn into next SMN, nor I think having Rostam works offhand is balanced.
By Afania 2018-09-14 00:17:15  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Adhemar actually changed ***.

Then it goes back to my original point about content difficulty. The new content released in 2016 era had much bigger difficulty increase than dyna wave 3. People couldn't beat woc and Kirin (hardest content at that time when adhemar released) until months later. So adhemar nq/hq had bigger power creep was acceptable back then because playerbase didn't outgear the content with such gears.

This is not the case with recent top end content, include Iroha fight and wave 3. Both were beaten pretty soon after its out, even before augmented rema.

So how strong do you want the gears to be?

I'm personally ok with even stronger rema, only if we get ilv 155+ content to accomdate it.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-14 00:25:46  
Adhemar actually changed ***.

Then it goes back to my original point about content difficulty. The new content released in 2016 era had much bigger difficulty increase than dyna wave 3. People couldn't beat woc and Kirin (hardest content at that time when adhemar released) until months later. So adhemar nq/hq had bigger power creep was acceptable back then because playerbase didn't outgear the content with such gears.

This is not the case with recent top end content, include Iroha fight and wave 3. Both were beaten pretty soon after its out, even before augmented rema.

So how strong do you want the gears to be?

I'm personally ok with even stronger rema, only if we get ilv 155+ content to accomdate it.

I'm arguing that the price differential was worth it back then, and it isn't now. I guess this stems back to a lack of regular content, as you said. Little of this gear changes the meta, and those who will have the weapons are already those who are already winning the game. If anything, these augments should have been MORE accessible (at least to some degree) in order to allow weaker players to climb easily. They do really nothing to top players, and the potential gil cost is stupid with this in mind.
By Afania 2018-09-14 00:30:47  
They do really nothing to top players,

They keep the top player stay subbed(minus a few job like THF) so they don't run out of things to do and quit, since mmo is a product that generates profit, it's perfectly logical.

Personally, I wouldn't compare the power creep in 2016 v.s 2018. It's obvious that SE is trying to slow down the huge power creep happened between 2013 to 2016, so FFXI doesn't turn into FFXIV.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-14 00:39:26  

They keep the top player stay subbed(minus a few job like THF) so they don't run out of things to do and quit, since mmo is a product that generates profit, it's perfectly logical.

And the complaint is they don't do enough for all jobs...so...
By Afania 2018-09-14 00:43:19  

And the complaint is they don't do enough for all jobs...so...

That was your complaint, not some other people in this thread. :p the main reason why I'm against SU5 offhand is actually because Rostam balance.

My original post wasn't even replying to you, but someone who ask for bigger increase comparable to 2016 update.

Personally I prefer XI not to go back to the era between 2013 and 2016 that every update gives much bigger increase than before, I always feel player got too strong between those 3 years. We went from DD doing 3 to 5k ws dmg to 20 to 30k ws dmg in just 3 years. Thats very huge jump compare with every other era in ffxi, minus Abyssea.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-14 01:24:20  
So wait, if I don't get it wrong, you can augment REMA exclusively through crystals?

I thought you could level them up through RP and Crystals were an alternative, now I get that happens only for Neck/SU5 and REMA can be levelled up exclusively through crystal? °-°
Is this 100% confirmed?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-14 01:38:47  
It was pretty clear in the version notes

REMA

Quote:
Procedure
Trade the weapon you wish to augment to Oboro along with one of the required items below to receive upgrade points. Accumulate enough points, and your augment rank will increase, further upgrading your weapon.

Others

Quote:
Gain points via one of the following two methods. Accumulate enough points, and your augment rank will increase, further upgrading your equipment.
Trade the equipment you wish to augment along with one of the required items below to Oboro.
Defeat foes in Dynamis-Divergence while equipped with the gear you wish to augment.
RP is just the counter, detritus crystals gives RP.
By Pilipinoboi 2018-09-14 01:46:20  
So the other night, I decided to pay a visit to Oboro. Spoke with him, NEVER traded any of my RMEA's but did deposit 700 JP towards "Secret Weapon" or something along those lines.

I'm not entirely sure where I put my points to or of I could transfer that deposit once I choose a weapon to augment first?

The options he showed was; "Secret Weapon," "Moogle Weapon," and "Familiar Weapon"

There were no further elaborations by the NPC or online at the time to figure out where I put my JP or if I could have possibly made a mistake for the augmenting process?

Thanks in advance to your responses.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-14 01:46:49  
D: D: D:
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-14 02:46:20  
Pilipinoboi said: »
So the other night, I decided to pay a visit to Oboro. Spoke with him, NEVER traded any of my RMEA's but did deposit 700 JP towards "Secret Weapon" or something along those lines.

I'm not entirely sure where I put my points to or of I could transfer that deposit once I choose a weapon to augment first?

The options he showed was; "Secret Weapon," "Moogle Weapon," and "Familiar Weapon"

There were no further elaborations by the NPC or online at the time to figure out where I put my JP or if I could have possibly made a mistake for the augmenting process?

The part with the JP is just to START the augmenting process. When you chose to donate 700 JP to secret weapon, you added 700 pts towards unlocking the entire category of relic weapons.

Once you reach 10k for relic weapons, you can THEN can start obtaining RP for specific relic weapons.
[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-14 03:06:03  
They really need to denote which category means what instead of making it unclear. It's not like you can get your points redistributed/refunded so if you donate to the wrong one, you're kinda assed out. Also, hope each category unlocks the ability to upgrade all weapons of that type and not just the individual weapon you choose.

A 4 month lockout on just starting the augment process is just plain ridiculous. Not sure why SQEX gave the casuals the big finger like that. I don't mind the 10,000 JP to start but a limit of 700 JP per week is a bit absurd.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 03:18:45  

The part with the JP is just to START the augmenting process. When you chose to donate 700 JP to secret weapon, you added 700 pts towards unlocking the entire category of relic weapons.

Once you reach 10k for relic weapons, you can THEN can start obtaining RP for specific relic weapons.

See, this is the issue right here.

I feel like half you don't understand this part/

10k jp only lets you START the process, afterwhich is a whole second grind. How are you ok with that.

If tanaka would've said you need 10,000 MERITS then, you need to kill Dynamis Lord 1000 times for drops to share among your entire linkshell you would've burned their *** headquarters to the ground.
[+]
By geigei 2018-09-14 03:32:36  
The good news for those stuck on jp path is that when they are finally done with grinding upgrade items will cost 1k each.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-14 03:45:52  
geigei said: »
The good news for those stuck on jp path is that when they are finally done with grinding upgrade items will cost 1k each.

Definitely true. Should be significantly cheaper. But, at the same time, there will be a huge influx of people trying to upgrade which might cause prices to inflate if demand can't be maintained.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-14 03:47:41  
Prices won't go down, you need what, 7000 per REMA and there are idiots with 30+ REMA.

Good luck ever getting those to a reasonable price range.

(inevitably, obviously, it will happen, but lets be realistic on a time frame)
[+]
 Asura.Iiana
By Asura.Iiana 2018-09-14 04:32:15  
Is it really 7,000 or 700? It's either 84 mil to augment (not unreasonable considering afterglow's pricetag) or 840 mil, in which case the entire system isn't worth doing. 7000 RP would make sense
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-14 04:32:40  
My guess it will hover around 50-100k each item. Doubt it will ever plummet to 10k unless maybe after a year or 2.
 Asura.Iiana
By Asura.Iiana 2018-09-14 04:34:42  
It's hard to gauge considering the demand is currently lower than supply. Most players not having light masks have little investment interests, so it's hard to say. 50k would be ideal, dropping augs to a more reasonable 35m
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-14 05:31:59  
Asura.Iiana said: »
Is it really 7,000 or 700? It's either 84 mil to augment (not unreasonable considering afterglow's pricetag) or 840 mil, in which case the entire system isn't worth doing. 7000 RP would make sense
it's not 7000rp, it's 25000ish

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xrGOeGiTtyiHf55yFgzVgs79yxDbv4C2LZf0zS3ifE/edit#gid=0
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2018-09-14 05:47:03  
Asura.Frod said: »
it's not 7000rp, it's 25000ish

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10xrGOeGiTtyiHf55yFgzVgs79yxDbv4C2LZf0zS3ifE/edit#gid=0

REMA only go to Rank 15, so its closer to the 7k. The +2 crafted weapons and necks cap at Rank 25.
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-14 06:02:17  
They also get stronger as you build them instead of gaining all of the value only on completion which is nice.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2018-09-14 07:56:03  

In my mind Moogle Weapon would be Empy since they are done through the moogle, the others are a bit more odd... Secret Weapon perhaps Mythic, Familiar perhaps Relic but where does that leave Aeonics...
By Afania 2018-09-14 08:03:25  

Checking Asura price, 50rp cost 600k. 7000 rp should be 84m.

People spend that much gil on an HQ all the time you know.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-14 08:23:53  
So hold up... you need 10k jp or 30mil dmg points to UNLOCK a class of weapons and then on top of that you have to upgrade each individual weapon itself?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12