Random Politics & Religion #02

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 38 39 40
By Altimaomega 2016-04-13 17:26:25  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I will deliver you an Altima quality line here.

this guy came over for what has to be something that not even AO could outdo.

Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-13 20:40:16  
Just how whacko is Cruz anyway?

Ted Cruz Once Argued That Selling *** Should Be Illegal
Slate

Quote:
As Texas’ third solicitor general, the New York Times reported earlier this month, Ted Cruz transformed an “under-the-radar, apolitical office into an aggressively ideological, attention-grabbing one.” He sent pro-gun, anti-abortion amicus briefs to the Supreme Court, “clashed” with the lawyers on his team, and “inserted himself” into controversial cases in other states.

But Cruz didn’t always approve of inserting some things into other things. One of his most memorable acts as solicitor general was defending Texas’ prohibition of sex-toy sales. David Corn writes in Mother Jones that Cruz waged a legal campaign against ***, artificial vaginas, and vibrators in 2007, arguing that U.S. residents have no right “to stimulate one’s genitals for non-medical purposes unrelated to procreation or outside of an interpersonal relationship.”

The simple fact that Ted Cruz once said, wrote, and/or thought the word genitals is the most sickening revelation of this report. But the argument he put forth is pretty awful, too. After two undercover police officers arrested a woman for selling sex toys at a “Passion Party”—an erotic take on the Tupperware party—several Austin-based sex-toy companies sued Texas to challenge its ban on this kind of commercial activity. To fend off the companies’ claims to a 14th Amendment right to privacy, Cruz and his office compared using sex toys to polygamy and sex work. (Read the entire solicitor general’s brief, which calls people who own vibrators “obscene-device users,” at Gawker.) “It is undoubtedly true that some individuals and couples—perhaps even some married couples—believe that hiring a willing prostitute or engaging in consensual bigamy would enhance their sexual experiences,” the filing stated.

To uphold the state’s interest in “protecting public morals,” the government must do what it can to discourage “autonomous sex and the pursuit of sexual gratification unrelated to procreation,” Cruz’s office argued. Cruz wanted Texas sex to mimic assembling Ikea furniture: a dutiful, results-oriented process enacted without the assistance of substantial tools.

A federal court ended up deciding 2-1 against Cruz, okaying autonomous genital stimulation for the people of Texas and ruling that a ban on selling masturbation aids is an undue burden on a right to privacy that protects masturbation. Since then, Texas *** have been pulling double duty as gun substitutes: They’ve been wielded in protest against a state campus carry law and Photoshopped into the crosshairs of Cruz’s own loving gaze in a meme that replaced guns with *** in the hands of Republican presidential candidates.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-13 21:08:01  
Funny when there's been accusations of infidelity with multiple women tossed around. Whether true or not, I guess we'll see. Not sure if AH delved into that or gave it the brush.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-13 21:47:56  
The mans a monster... "Us citizens have no right to stimulate their genitals outside the purpose procreation." ...or has a really small penis and a wife who's probably getting trained by a professional sports team when he's not around. Then again he totally looks like one of those cucks that would suck off his wife's bull.

I wonder if this one is gonna get me in trouble!
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-13 21:57:02  

once it's been seen it can't be unseen.

And just to be on topic:

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-14 04:58:59  
Just when I thought Cruz couldn't get worse. This guy is a bottomless pit of darkness and despair.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-14 05:25:23  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The mans a monster... "Us citizens have no right to stimulate their genitals outside the purpose procreation." ...or has a really small penis and a wife who's probably getting trained by a professional sports team when he's not around. Then again he totally looks like one of those cucks that would suck off his wife's bull.

I wonder if this one is gonna get me in trouble!

Accounts from his college roommate are pretty good. There's more, but his Twitter commentary is priceless.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-14 07:12:40  
All I know is that it absolutely blows my mind that anyone -- any single person -- truly believes the ***that comes out of Ted Cruz's mouth re: his "moral" and religious beliefs.

I understand conservative vs. liberal fiscal issues and disagreements.

But when it comes to social thought processes, the utter garbage that Ted Cruz espouses and that -- apparently -- millions of Americans agree with seriously makes it hard for me to have any hope for this country or our even the human race.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-14 07:14:11  
When I said that "anyone" believes that garbage, I include him.

He's just a politician hungry for power trying to use religious morality as a platform to judge other people. That's par for the course for rulers and dictators and monarchs through the centuries.

It's that people still buy that load of tripe that amazes me.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-14 07:19:52  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Just when I thought Cruz couldn't get worse. This guy is a bottomless pit of darkness and despair.

Really he's just this election cycle's Rick Santorum. Everyone election has got "that guy." That is, the moralist, deeply religious, "we should base all of our laws on the Bible and burn witches at the stake" guy.

It's just terrifying to me that he has so much more support than Rick Santorum had. There's something in this country driving a great divide between hardcore conservatives and everyone else, and it's really upsetting to see how many people when forced to pick sides are going with the hardcore authoritarian conservatives.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-04-14 07:48:56  
Ramyrez said: »
authoritarian conservatives

I despise how their ilk has hijacked the word "conservative".

It's supposed to be about less government, and more freedom, not establishing some Christian state.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-04-14 08:31:53  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Really he's just this election cycle's Rick Santorum. Everyone election has got "that guy." That is, the moralist, deeply religious, "we should base all of our laws on the Bible and burn witches at the stake" guy.

It's just terrifying to me that he has so much more support than Rick Santorum had. There's something in this country driving a great divide between hardcore conservatives and everyone else, and it's really upsetting to see how many people when forced to pick sides are going with the hardcore authoritarian conservatives.

It is. I seriously doubt he'll be elected.

If a Republican is elected, the pendulum will swing in the the house most likely. The more I think about it (and as strange as it is saying this), if Trump or Cruz were to overstep and potentially make a move that would do irreparable damage, there's always impeachment. Jeez...Clinton went through an impeachment trial spurred by sexual harassment, and that wasn't even detrimental to the state of the country. We have fail-safes.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-14 09:00:36  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
If a Republican is elected, the pendulum will swing in the the house most likely. The more I think about it (and as strange as it is saying this), if Trump or Cruz were to overstep and potentially make a move that would do irreparable damage, there's always impeachment. Jeez...Clinton went through an impeachment trial spurred by sexual harassment, and that wasn't even detrimental to the state of the country. We have fail-safes.

This is why if Clinton is the Democrat nominee I hope she loses. We might get 4 years of suck, but I think we'd get a rude awakening when the Republicans try to Kansas the entire nation and we'll get a big swing in favor of the new progressive movement for 2020.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-14 09:18:44  
Josiahkf said: »
how the hell did you edit that lol
I didn't edit it. That's a full copy with the censor function here.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-14 09:23:03  
America is slowly becoming less religious over time.

Yeah...yet I don't feel like that's true. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every day some other person I've known forever is now spewing religious claptrap where they weren't before.

Yet I'm expected to hold my tongue and not comment and just go along with it and if I say anything I am rocking the boat.

I know they say it's H. Pylori, but I think this causes ulcers.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-04-14 09:48:07  
Yeah...yet I don't feel like that's true.

A bunch of surveys would say otherwise, I think you have to take into account your geographic location, hey.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-14 10:06:53  
America is slowly becoming less religious over time.

Yeah...yet I don't feel like that's true. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every day some other person I've known forever is now spewing religious claptrap where they weren't before.

Yet I'm expected to hold my tongue and not comment and just go along with it and if I say anything I am rocking the boat.

I know they say it's H. Pylori, but I think this causes ulcers.

They feel threatened that their way of life is being rejected more overtime. So they are trying to prevent their beach erosion. Sorta like a pimple flaring up on your *** before it starts shrinking for good.

It's not even like they're that integrated into what is considered our modern conscious. For the most part they have segregated themselves from the major population centers in the majority of the states (ever notice the metropolis's in red states tend to he blue?). It seems like they suffer a form of an anachronistic societal disconnect in the capacity of naïveté that everywhere else in country is similar to their lifestyle and values. When in reality that hasn't been the case for nearly half a century.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-14 10:09:37  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Yeah...yet I don't feel like that's true.

A bunch of surveys would say otherwise, I think you have to take into account your geographic location, hey.

Yeah. Likely true.

I forget sometimes that Pennsylvania is only right behind Florida on the old person population. And unlike Florida where they're mostly retired and rich from elsewhere, most of ours are poor and homegrown on dirt farms in the middle of nowhere.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-14 10:10:28  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
(ever notice the metropolis's in red states tend to he blue?).

Which is how we ended up with Bob Casey Jr. and Pat mother-*** Toomey representing Pennsylvania. -.-;
By Altimaomega 2016-04-14 10:40:40  
Wow.. This page..

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-14 10:47:10  
Altimaomega said: »
Wow.. This page..

Wow.. This post..

It's like Ted Cruz being asked to explain what he meant by "New York values" to the people of the New York.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-14 10:50:42  
'What difference does it make'
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 38 39 40