Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-07 12:22:38  
You're allowed an opinion.

I define it based on number of humans. If I run 17 bots and play one character to kill an enemy, that's a solo.

Agree to disagree. Or agree. It doesn't mater either way.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-07 12:28:14  
You can have your personal term based on that, but just understand it's not how the term is used by the general ffxi community. For example, in that one large topic ffxiah used to have with hundreds of posts about impressive solos, no one tried to submit a multi-boxing fight; it was just understood by everyone that that isn't a solo.

If you use a term with your own definition just because, you're setting yourself up for misunderstandings.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 12:31:50  
Asura.Geriond said: »
no one tried to submit a multi-boxing fight

Except we're not multi-boxing.

There are only three players on three characters during that whole fight. We brought in a COR and BRD for buffs then dropped them prior to poping.

Now if Shy had Myr, the chearleading PLD who held our pop items, change to Idris GEO and then used her in the fight to drop bubbles, that would of been multi-boxing.
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-07 13:02:25  
Given he was transparent about it I don't think it matters. He was open about what he did, he's not hiding anything. People can choose to call it what they want.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-04-07 13:21:50  
Editting this post. Saevel's original post way back when before video was posted said they used "Trio with COR+BRD as outside buffs" which I think is pretty inline with how most people outline their strategies.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 13:28:49  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Given he was transparent about it I don't think it matters. He was open about what he did, he's not hiding anything. People can choose to call it what they want.

The only thing their butthurt about is my name being in it, others have posted similar things and not a peep from the hater brigade. Discussed this with the rest of teamawesome and the general consensus is the guys on here are just haters being butthurt. Some of these same people have said to Rua that they would unsub from his channel and down vote his videos if he didn't stop doing stuff with me. We all just kinda chuckled at that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-07 13:32:46  
I agree with you when I think you're right and disagree with you when I think you're wrong. I'd even say you have some of the best understanding of game mechanics of anyone here. I don't have some irrational hate for you like half the posters here, no matter how much you want to go victim complex.

However, when you say trio, you give the impression that 3 people with the correct jobs and excellent gear can accomplish it together. If you have 5 people, so what if they drop? You can win with 5 using a MB strat. You can win with 5 easily using a SMN strat. You can't win with 3, at least not based on this strategy. Thus, it is not a trio.

Nobody reading cares how many characters were in party. They care how many they need to get the fight done.
By Afania 2018-04-07 13:46:10  
You can have your personal term based on that, but just understand it's not how the term is used by the general ffxi community. For example, in that one large topic ffxiah used to have with hundreds of posts about impressive solos, no one tried to submit a multi-boxing fight; it was just understood by everyone that that isn't a solo.

If you use a term with your own definition just because, you're setting yourself up for misunderstandings.

I believe the general consensus is that:
1 player trio box 3 character: Not solo but trio.
1 player and 5 trusts: solo with trusts.
1 player and no trusts: solo without trusts.

Not sure how this even cause debate like 100th times. All JP solo videos label it that way too.

In the case of prebuff, it normally isnt listed in the title. No one said a thing about Ejiins 5 man woc melee video with in fact it's 7 man with brd and cor buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 14:08:21  
Afania said: »
In the case of prebuff, it normally isnt listed in the title. No one said a thing about Ejiins 5 man woc melee video with in fact it's 7 man with brd and cor buffs.

Because it's Ejiin and they like him.

The main determiner here is if someone likes the person mentioning it or not.

Asura.Saevel said: »
The only thing their butthurt about is my name being in it, others have posted similar things and not a peep from the hater brigade.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 14:13:56  

This is 100% your own opinion. Taking this opinion to the extreme we can claim that unless you craft 100% of your own gear, that all the people who crafted that gear were also involved in the fight. Since we had vorseals up with fortitude blessing, you could claim the people who killed the dragon to get that blessing were also involved. So on and so forth until the entire server is "required for that strategy" since somewhere at some point in time someone had an effect on the outcome.

We could go full on six degrees here if we wanted and thus the outright silliness of your statement is demonstrated.

Three players on three characters from the moment the fight begins till the moment the fight ends, it's a trio. Or specifically it's three players combining their individual resources to effect an outcome. Every other definition falls apart quite easily.
 Valefor.Susake
サーバ: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2018-04-07 14:14:26  
Regardless of players involved, I fail to understand what the video illustrates. Change the DRG to WAR/DRK/SAM and I’d wager it dies faster everytime.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 14:16:44  
To demonstrate the hateraid, this exact same person said this.

Valefor.Susake said: »
Jesus every job thread has devolved into this now. We're better than this as a community, or at least I'd like to think.

Kill ***, have fun, share your experience, help each other. When did we forget all these things?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-07 14:24:06  
Regardless of players involved, I fail to understand what the video illustrates. Change the DRG to WAR/DRK/SAM and I’d wager it dies faster everytime.

Even if you believe the jobs to be interchangeable that's not really the point. Have you ever seen Kirin/Kouryu 3 manned with outside buffs? I thought it was cool. Every video or post doesn't have to be some massive epiphany.

With that being said, I am not sure if any job could do it faster. In this scenario you will not be pdif capped, so Angon is massive. And the Circle+Founders combo is a bigger dps increase than the difference between jobs. I actually think he is making a mistake by not TPing in it and slightly tinkering with his other gears if needed as well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-07 15:05:37  
I actually don't think that's entirely the case. You'd run into enmity problems on essentially any DPS besides DRG, and they likely aren't even going to be considerably faster if they could survive as long.

This is 100% your own opinion. Taking this opinion to the extreme we can claim that unless you craft 100% of your own gear, that all the people who crafted that gear were also involved in the fight. Since we had vorseals up with fortitude blessing, you could claim the people who killed the dragon to get that blessing were also involved. So on and so forth until the entire server is "required for that strategy" since somewhere at some point in time someone had an effect on the outcome.
If you want to pretend having outside buffers at the fight at the time of the fight there specifically for the benefit of the fight's outcome shouldn't count as members, that's your perogative. I don't see it that way. We are both adults here and obviously everyone knows the differences and can conclude on their own.
[+]
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2018-04-07 15:25:00  
Not to mention, that those same 3 characters could have done the same thing its just easier to have 2 alts do it. Rolls and Songs last so long these days they could buff, warp and make it back out there with the same effect. The RUN will lose the buffs in a dispel anyways. They trioed it with trusts.

I loved seeing the video. Good ***guys.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-07 15:31:07  
Okay...

I wasn't expecting to wake up to this. Here goes.

I still consider the fight a 3-man effort because there were that many characters in the fight and that many of actual players behind them. As people here have noted I was transparent with the means used in the fight. I clarified early in the video that outside buffs were used but I can edit the video's title to reflect this more vividly if it really matters to some.

It illustrates that there is an alternative to simply hitting the cheese button or using the same jobs for absolutely everything. It also illustrates some neat aspects of the DRG job in that it can keep its own enmity under control, something really important in this situation.

You would wager? You're welcome to try, replicate the same circumstances I presented and we'll see if you can. I'm not being snide here either, I genuinely want to see whether a WAR/DRK/SAM/etc can do this just as well.

After all, in your own words.
Jesus every job thread has devolved into this now. We're better than this as a community, or at least I'd like to think.

Kill ***, have fun, share your experience, help each other. When did we forget all these things?
[+]
 Valefor.Susake
サーバ: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2018-04-07 16:31:31  
I enjoyed your video. It really shows the strength of drg’s kit when it’s full utilized.

The discussion leading up to that was the relative hierarchy of 2h dd jobs, and that’s what my comment was in reference to. Pointing out a mistake or flaw doesn’t make any of us “haters” either.

I watch plenty of shows/films that I enjoy but can objectively point out things that were inconsistent or incorrect that doesn’t take away from the quality of the content. I apologize if you took offense to my post. And it would be fun to replicate the scenario and find out^^
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 18:43:58  
I enjoyed your video. It really shows the strength of drg’s kit when it’s full utilized.

The discussion leading up to that was the relative hierarchy of 2h dd jobs, and that’s what my comment was in reference to. Pointing out a mistake or flaw doesn’t make any of us “haters” either.

I watch plenty of shows/films that I enjoy but can objectively point out things that were inconsistent or incorrect that doesn’t take away from the quality of the content. I apologize if you took offense to my post. And it would be fun to replicate the scenario and find out^^

The only appropriate answer is "yo man that's some good ***" or just STFU and go about your day.

Especially when your answer to Terror was a once per fight 60s duration temp item. Meant you weren't even paying attention to the discussion and just jumped in.

And yes being an asshat and trying to downplay the particular event being discussed is precisely trying to "take away from the quality of the content". These was no hype, just a statement that DRG was part of a three man win on a very high level NM as the primary DD. That itself was in reference to someone stating erroneously that DRG was "like MNK" on the DPS list, which should immediately come off as silly to anyone with half a brain about game mechanics. The reason MNK is ***is because H2H WS's are ***, Polearm has one of the strongest WS's in the game.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 18:46:05  
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Editting this post. Saevel's original post way back when before video was posted said they used "Trio with COR+BRD as outside buffs" which I think is pretty inline with how most people outline their strategies.

Nice of you to realize that the haters are all idiots. It was stated that outside buffs were used, it only become a problem when there was a successful video showing it.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-07 19:29:44  
you have some serious issues, dude
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-09 18:02:02  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Easily my best solo (with trusts) on Dragoon, ever. It got really hectic towards the end because Neak resisted Stun, which forced me to use Spirit Surge to save my Wyvern.

Founder's Breastplate is seriously strong when used with Ancient Circle, you really notice the extra damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-09 19:10:42  
I have been tearing through the internetz searching like crazy for an old thread that tested this. It exists because I remember reading it. This is going off of memory so I can't say for sure, But I believe Circle+Breastplate on NMs was an overall 18% damage increase. That number is sticking in my head for some reason, but I can't for the life of me find that thread again. It sticks out because once I learned how big of an increase it was, it prompted this post by me back in September. Anyone know the thread or post I am referring to?

Quote:
Heya Braden...not sure if you still read this forum or not...but taking a stab. Is there a way in your intermediate lua to do some sort of Circle buff active function , so that it keeps on the Founder's Breastplate for TP and WS. I could create a TP set, and then a second set for each WS when in that mode...but I know there has to be another way to do it, as I see buffactive functions in other lua.

Ancient Circle is obviously the biggest one, But I use /drk for Kin runs so might as well make one for each of the 3 circles.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-04-09 20:17:28  
I think Rua mentioned having something of that sort in his lua a page or so back.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-09 20:27:21  
Circle + Breastplate is 8% on NMs. Dragon Killer is nerfed from 10% to 5% on NMs, and Circle is nerfed from 17% to 11% on NMs.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 20:34:44  
Circle + Breastplate is 8% on NMs. Dragon Killer is nerfed from 10% to 5% on NMs, and Circle is nerfed from 17% to 11% on NMs.

If circle is 11%, then how does circle+plate= < 11%
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-09 20:39:11  
Because Founder's plate's buff is half of the intimidation rate.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-09 20:53:47  
To clarify, I believe he's saying that the founder's breastplate effect contribution to dmg+ while a circle effect is up is +8% dmg. Which works out with the numbers he's stating.

Not that the total dmg+ with a circle up and founder's on is 8% total.

Total effect value using these rates should be +19%. 11+8.
By tyalangan 2018-04-09 20:55:35  
So, I can see 8% WSD being beneficial but does that make up for loss in TP gear?

Also, does the NM nerf mean max AC effect is 11% meaning 11% resist, def, and attack+, as well as, 16% dragon killer or only 5%?

Edit: was typing before Martel posted. So it’s 19%. That makes it worth it. 8% total was making me question the choice.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-09 21:12:35  
The breastplate itself is 8%, so judge other pieces based on that.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 110 111 112