Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 110 111 112
 Valefor.Susake
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2018-04-04 10:16:14  
August Cornelia seltheus arciela1 yoran

Melee from behind never die, get terrored, or roared. That combo restores hp and me with TP moves and August/yoran almost always resist sleep.
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-04 10:20:35  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Afania said: »
I had no doubts about it being able to mess up Kouryu like that. I usually solo Quetz for beads in about 15 minutes, the circle JA is insanely strong and actually lets my trusts survive no problem.

What kills me is that the job performs very well when doing Zitah/Sky clears/Omen/Etc. Parsing sometimes over GS WARs, or slightly under (Not including MS Zergs, but even during a zerg DPS is respectable). The job holds its own. The only time my damage falls behind is when I decide to exploit leg sweep on certain NMs for shits and giggles.

Stardiver with super buffs/Trish/Warcry isn't all that bad.

Yet people keep telling me the job is useless. I really do wonder where that mentality comes from. Just because they suck at DRG, doesn't mean I do lmao. High Jump with the relic pants is nearly as good as super jump, imo it is better from a dd standpoint since it is less down time while shedding 75%+ Enmity on a lower timer.

I actually ended up pulling hate on several Gods last night and it saved my ***. I ended up High Jumping twice on Byakko and it caused a few people to eat claw cyclones to the face. xD

My biggest complaint is having to spirit link at the start of every escha fight, but that is an oversight on s/e's part.

I think what people are saying here is the job is "nothing special" , not "the job is bad". Try to solo quetz with avg/ok geared DRK or something spamming torc, I promise you it'll also die in less than 15 min with no trust dying with right trust combo. And most well played dps job can live in today's content just fine, depends on how you play it or assign buffs.

There are just way too many melee jobs or pseudo melee jobs in ffxi, but only 1 slot for real DD in 6 man pt, or 4 slots in 18 man pt. So everyone fight for that slot real hard and that's the issue IMO.

I tried doing Quetz on WAR(Chango, Rag, Raetic Algol+1, Bravura, Etc for reference) and my trusts kept dying constantly. Not only that but I had to ride my hybrid set a majority of the time. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'd genuinely like to see a DRK do that with only trusts/no mules. (I personally feel like Torcleaver would whiff too much, Reso would be my WS of choice)

I'd have a new found respect for DRK for sure.

I'm positive it can be solo'd but would it be time efficient? If my WAR can't manage it, I doubt my DRK could.

I noticed skillchain damage in general seems pretty weak on Quetz.

Out of curiosity which combo do you use? Because even AAEV/Cheru/Sylvie/Selh'teus/Cornelia kept going splat :(
Essentially it's 2.5 Healers, and a trust spamming rejuv.

It gets to the point I spend too much time recalling trusts, and not enough time DDing.

DRG can atleast pop Ancient Circle and keep shedding hate with High Jump while going all out. If you do pull hate, it's no biggy since the damage mitigation is nuts on AC.

Last DRK solo I did took about 10 to 15 min if I remember correctly, and my DRK isn't elite at all, normally dont win parse against more serious DD players. Torcleaver is better than reso for it, since light sc contribute to significant amount of dmg.

Ive tried the same with Lionheart run and it suffers from lowman attack penalty, tried cor and it suffers from the lack of light sc from savage or shitty last stand ws avg. So I guess I just happened to find that DRK actually did great? Lol. Shockwave aoe is useful for adds too.

I like to use poison item to avoid getting slept and lose dps, usually fight behind as well.

My trust for most DRK solo would be August/yoran/Cornelia/koh or koru/qualtada/selhteus, sometimes I remove august completely and just tank+DD myself.

I have Ygnas, but I'm a HUGE fan of yoran. It seems to die way less often than Ygnas. Sometimes I popped both of them on some NM and Ygnas always die first, while yoran stayed alive entire time. Ygnas also seem to cure a bit slower.

The benefit of not using yoran is probably the access to Sylvie. But if I'm on a job that's not versatile with self cure such as BLU, I feel (much)more safe with yoran, IMO.
By tyalangan 2018-04-04 10:21:22  
leave one add up or ignore them?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-04 10:21:48  
Poison Potions are nice, Berserker's Torque is also really nice to have for the jobs that can use it.

I usually just kill adds with Sonic Thrust if they are up (extra points anyway and they usually are one shot for 16-17k). Solo I don't think he spawns any.
By Afania 2018-04-04 10:29:36  
I honestly miss Apu, but I hate using a COR or BRD trust that screws things up half the time. (Qultada likes to burning blade, and Ulmia randomly uses Ballads) Sylvie is pretty nice in comparison. Also it's nice that she does use erase/lower tier cures.

Would also like to add that the reason why I prefer torc spamming so much because I don't have to worry about huge dps lose from sc interruption on 2 or 3rd step in a 4 step SC. If I get interrupted in a 2 step I just 2 step again.

And cor trust is great to combo with KoH for dia4. KoH also erase very fast, but it likes to wake up slept adds in lowman, so it could be annoying.

My job spread range from light armor, mage to heavy armor jobs, so berserks torque is painful to add in inv :(. Just picked up founders set the other day, have no idea where to place them in inv atm. If heavy armor job is all I ever play, I would totally do eeet.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-04 10:51:50  
Sudden thought... Founder's breastplate. Didn't it have the effect of adding half of your killer effects to dmg dealt+/taken- ?

This would potentially be quite effective on Quetz/Kouryu.

Let's see here. DRG base Dragon killer is 10 for dragon killer II. And +17 for ancient circle to hit 27. /2 = 13.5 maybe 13% if floored?

That seems pretty significant. Certainly at least enough to counter the DPS drop off from using founder's over better DD bodies.

Sadly there's not much else that increases Dragon killer significantly. Too bad the AC JP weren't straight killer effect+... Habile Mazrak(+20), I guess, but can't really change weapons for this. There's a couple of atk+ foods with +5/6...

If AC is un-nerfed vs NMs(and we don't know that) then 17+13=30. DMG +30%? Nice.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-04-04 11:19:21  
Jeanpaul and Braden were looking into this pretty extensively before they dropped off the map.

They'd made a ridiculous Bird Killer set for deleting Strophadia, although I can't confirm if they ever got around to trying it out.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-04 11:24:39  
Didn't Braden actually add something to the DRG sheet for Founder's? Although I don't know if it was completed and is functioning fully.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-04-04 11:31:26  
Looks like it's implemented. Showing Founders pumping out way more damage than Sulevia +2 on Kouryu. Including weakened version for NMs.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-04 12:26:14  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sudden thought... Founder's breastplate. Didn't it have the effect of adding half of your killer effects to dmg dealt+/taken- ?

Let's see here. DRG base Dragon killer is 10 for dragon killer II. And +17 for ancient circle to hit 27. /2 = 13.5 maybe 13% if floored?

That seems pretty significant. Certainly at least enough to counter the DPS drop off from using founder's over better DD bodies.

Sadly there's not much else that increases Dragon killer significantly. Too bad the AC JP weren't straight killer effect+... Habile Mazrak(+20), I guess, but can't really change weapons for this. There's a couple of atk+ foods with +5/6...

If AC is un-nerfed vs NMs(and we don't know that) then 17+13=30. DMG +30%? Nice.

I use the breastplate in my dragonkiller/hybrid set.

sets.engaged.Dragon = { ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'"Dbl.Atk."+1','Accuracy+16 Attack+16','Damage taken-5%','Mag. Acc.+4 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',}},
body={ name="Found. Breastplate", augments={'Accuracy+10','Attack+9','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+9',}},
hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +2",
legs="Sulev. Cuisses +2",
feet={ name="Founder's Greaves", augments={'VIT+2','Accuracy+1','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+6',}},
neck="Loricate Torque +1",
waist="Ioskeha Belt",
left_ear="Hearty Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
right_ring="Moonbeam Ring",
back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10',}},
}

Might swap the feet out. I was basically testing them against absolute terror for the hell of it with staunch/hearty earring.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-04 15:06:49  

I think circle effects were only ever reduced on certain NMs because I've exploited the *** out of Arcane Circle in neo-Salvage and used Holy Circle on the Shadow UNM fight.

Personally I feel Killer Traits should be work the same way they do for monsters, give us a percentage bonus to damage done and damage reduce from that type. Dragoon should always do +10% damage to Dragons and receive 10% less damage regardless.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-04 15:23:07  
Hmmm. That's an interesting thought. Certainly I only ever saw circle effects tested on a very limited number of NMs.

More things for the list of stuff to test next free play period. Or whenever I resub.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-06 07:15:42  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Well, there it is. Best viewed in 1080p and fullscreen so you can see the damage I am doing. Highest Stardiver was 55k, which really shocked me considering we did not have a GEO.

I have a rule in my Lua which puts Founder's Breastplate in for Stardiver whenever Ancient Circle is active, I seriously notice it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
サーバ: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-04-06 23:07:33  
Nice work Ruaumoko
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-06 23:21:53  
Trio sounded a lot more impressive before you see all the outside buffs.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-06 23:36:49  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bounces right back when you see we had no GEO and required no SP's to win. We would have won regardless of whether I used Fly High or not.

Also, I mention it in the video but all it would have taken is for me to tear enmity off Saevel and for me to get hit with Horrid Roar (full dispel) then the fight would have been over.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-06 23:53:29  

Says the person with an entire automated mule army making them gil...
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-07 00:00:17  
what does that have to do with anything?
[+]
 Valefor.Susake
サーバ: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2018-04-07 03:16:02  
Last time I checked Soul Voice and Clarion call are both SPs..... just sayin’
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-07 09:47:49  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Says the person with an entire automated mule army making them gil...
I'm not putting anyone down, but when you hype it up without mentioning details and call it a trio.. people reading it don't expect to see 5+ characters involved in the video.

Still impressive, but not a trio.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-07 09:58:16  
Sounds like semantics.

If you solo with trusts, you are still soloing.

If you 2box something, you are still the solo player.

If you get 60 outside buffs, theres still only 3 bodies "in" the fight.

Who cares either way.
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-04-07 10:09:08  
The below is responding to multiple posts not directed at one since I was writing this early last night and fell asleep before submitting:

I get it. Who cares. Not to say all do this or that it is right/wrong, but when I 2/3/4 box I make a point to not say I solo'd the fight. I consider soloing what one instance of pol can do which includes trusts. If you want to distinguish do "Solo no trusts" like Hiep and some JP do in their videos. But, again that is a personal point not necessarily correct.

But when people are saying in forums it is a trio, or the video description says three-man, or no SPs were used (based on susake..I did not watch the buffs enough to see the SP) you expect only three to have equated to the final product. Ruau is an amazing player and makes high quality informative videos. This does not take away from his amazing win.

However, just state it took 5-6 people (and SPs) to make the trio happen and it is still an incredible kill/video.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 12:08:04  
There were three players involved, therefor by definition a trio. One outside BRD and another outside COR were used, there was extra characters used for pre-buffs which have now become commonplace and used for every lowman strategy created.

I'm not putting anyone down,

Yes you were and it came off salty as ***.

tyalangan said: »
This does not take away from his amazing win.

Yes it does, prefacing it with a bunch of weasel words doesn't change the point and angle of your statement. This was just three players trying to see if they could get do something crazy and not use SMN's. From the very first statement it was very clear that there was outside buffs being used so take the stick out of your ***.

This asinine juvenile behavior is the reason Allakahzam become such a ***show and eventual ghost town. Who wants to discuss anything when you got a bunch of *** clowns sitting in the bleachers throwing virtual vegetables and making ***posts with the goal being to put down others they don't like. The only appropriate answer is "yo man that's some good ***" or just STFU and go about your day.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-07 12:09:33  
There were more than 3 characters involved, so it was by definition not a trio.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-07 12:11:59  
If 3 different humans, and only 3 humans are in the battle = trio

This is the accurate definition of trio.

*clarity

What happens before the battle may be relevant to you, but not to the definition of trio.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-07 12:13:58  
that’s some pchan logic. get buffed out the *** with bard and cor and solo imps for merit points

not an accurate description of a trio.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-07 12:15:35  
Technically correct is the best kind of correct. 3 = 3 all day long, every day.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-07 12:17:07  
at least 5 players were involved.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-07 12:17:55  
The definition of trio refers to three player characters, not three humans. When people talk about solos or duos, they aren't talking about 1-2 people multi-boxing a half dozen characters.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 12:21:15  
Asura.Geriond said: »
There were more than 3 characters involved, so it was by definition not a trio.

There were nine characters involved,

Saevel (RUN)
Cookie (WHM Mule)
Rua (DRG)
Shy (Prebuff BRD)
Ava (Prebuff COR)
Myr (Chearleader PLD who held pop items for us)
King of Hearts (RDM)
Yoran (WHM)
Cornelia (Pseudo GEO)

Half a damn alliance involved it seems.

Three players on the same three characters from pop to death. Now continue being salty.

Asura.Geriond said: »
The definition of trio refers to three player characters, not three humans

That's your definition, tailor made to delegitimize other people. The butt hurt is real.

:Edit:

And to make something clear, this wasn't about a win since none of us actually needed it. We had fought and won / lost it several times prior just to test it out and see what we could do. This was 100% done purely for shits and giggles.
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 110 111 112