フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 363 364 365
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 23:34:27  
a proper setup on an apex mob does not include two geo.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-07 23:45:00  
is this guy still going about this, holy ***
[+]
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-10-08 02:39:23  
i like easy prey too
[+]
 Valefor.Susake
サーバ: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2017-10-08 04:26:45  
Jesus every job thread has devolved into this now. We're better than this as a community, or at least I'd like to think.

Kill ***, have fun, share your experience, help each other. When did we forget all these things?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-08 09:12:15  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
is this guy still going about this, holy ***

The funny part is I think the guy quit cause monk isn't good lol
By fonewear 2017-10-08 09:17:19  
This thread represents monk well lots of people bitching with no solutions. And hypothetical fixes that aren't going to happen.
 Siren.Robthunder
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-10-08 09:54:40  
It seems there are two different understandings/definitions of the term "realistic." One (Cherry) is saying if you keep everything the same from ilvl45 content, apply it to Apex mobs, "realistic results you can expect will be result A." The other (Austar) is saying "you will never have that type of setup for Apex mobs (double idris geos), here is a more 'realistic' setup for Apex mobs and the results are going to be result B."

I'm sure I just threw myself into the fire; just trying to help lol...
By pchan 2017-10-08 10:46:36  
For people interested (probably not many) here is the latest sim link with a very cool interface of mine and many bugs corrected including wrong WS hits count or improper crit calculcation on WS. You can store your preferences too !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTea1VoWGhJVjhsUkE/view?usp=sharing

For people interested (probably many)
It is now matching a modified spreadsheet (link below). I mostly corrected small bugs, and made minuets to actually give the right amount of attack of 2017-minuets, updated APEX bats stats (the others are wrong probably). Both this spreadheet and the sim give similar results so far...

In only updated RMEA weapons and didn't bother with the subpar ones that were modified in the august VU so if someone has to time do it .. (I won't do it) you can edit this spreadsheet and post it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTeM3NuX2puMm9WUzg/view?usp=sharing
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-08 10:50:10  
pchan said: »
You can store your preferences too !
I'm curious how you did this for some of my own.

edit: nvm
By Blazed1979 2017-10-08 11:51:07  
Valefor.Susake said: »
We're better than this as a community, or at least I'd like to think.
Soundwave superior, constructacons inferior.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-08 12:11:42  
Valefor.Susake said: »
Jesus every job thread has devolved into this now. We're better than this as a community, or at least I'd like to think.

Kill ***, have fun, share your experience, help each other. When did we forget all these things?

No the community is not better than this the last few pages prove it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-10-08 13:20:32  
Monk is abandoned by SE. It's in the dead last position and loosing to PUP. I'm not even sure if it can beat War/Mnk or even Thf/Mnk with H2H nowadays. Even the die hard monks admit the job is done for.

Yet, they are still talking about min-maxing it. At the end of the day, we'd get a set that's best suited for X-event then we'll call it a day and play another job.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-08 13:23:47  
If you think WAR or THF could beat MNK with H2H, then you have no idea what's wrong with the job.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-08 13:47:29  
mnks not that bad, its on paar with most 1h dds, I actually play most jobs and have very good gear for the majority. Comparing mnk to war/drk/sam/dd-run is just asking for failure in perfect buff scenario. However that could be said for ANY 1h dd right now.

comparing mnk to drg/dnc/nin/blu/thf/pup is what really is the concern and mnk hold up to these jobs fine for the most part. Its not optimal but as been proven, the HARDEST mobs in the game can be taken down by a group on mnks.

I do believe we need to start a shittstorm though on SE to start re looking at balance for MANY jobs, not just mnk. Most jobs in the second paragraph, -blu, are not even considered for dd spots either.
By Blazed1979 2017-10-08 14:01:28  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
mnks not that bad, its on paar with most 1h dds, I actually play most jobs and have very good gear for the majority. Comparing mnk to war/drk/sam/dd-run is just asking for failure in perfect buff scenario. However that could be said for ANY 1h dd right now.

comparing mnk to drg/dnc/nin/blu/thf/pup is what really is the concern and mnk hold up to these jobs fine for the most part. Its not optimal but as been proven, the HARDEST mobs in the game can be taken down by a group on mnks.

I do believe we need to start a shittstorm though on SE to start re looking at balance for MANY jobs, not just mnk. Most jobs in the second paragraph, -blu, are not even considered for dd spots either.

I know a THF that could pummel most exceptionally well geared 2H's. It would take a REALLY damn perfectly Mint 2H to beat him.
Whereas my MNK is the best geared I know of and it sucks monkey balls. I beat/lose/am toe-to-toe with that same THF as my BLU, on same mobs, and can only beat/have a clear victory against him with my DRK and WAR

MNK is a disaster. PUP has more utility. So does DNC. So does NIN. and DRG has always been SE's source of comedy.

edit: before anyone says "lol eye balling" - I think people underestimate what its like to have parsed everything over the past few years and adapted accordingly based on practical applications in many situations. That THF I mentioned is one hell of a player, and really knows how to exploit the job well for the purpose of winning parses. Don't underestimate THFs, I think people just overlook them because 2H's are easier to get more bang out of, and/or they try to chase that BLU unicorn (Phuoc)
[+]
By Afania 2017-10-08 14:18:03  
Blazed1979 said: »

I know a THF that could pummel most exceptionally well geared 2H's. It would take a REALLY damn perfectly Mint 2H to beat him.
Whereas my MNK is the best geared I know of and it sucks monkey balls. I beat/lose/am toe-to-toe with that same THF as my BLU, on same mobs, and can only beat/have a clear victory against him with my DRK and WAR

MNK is a disaster. PUP has more utility. So does DNC. So does NIN. and DRG has always been SE's source of comedy.

edit: before anyone says "lol eye balling" - I think people underestimate what its like to have parsed everything over the past few years and adapted accordingly based on practical applications in many situations. That THF I mentioned is one hell of a player, and really knows how to exploit the job well for the purpose of winning parses. Don't underestimate THFs, I think people just overlook them because 2H's are easier to get more bang out of, and/or they try to chase that BLU unicorn (Phuoc)

I don't have THF spreadsheet or sim to be 100% sure but I do believe THF is still top of 1h DD hierarchy after rudra nerf, and pretty darn close to 2h. DNC is probably somewhat equal or higher.

Im pretty surprised to hear blu isn't considered for the DD spot and beaten by NIN, personally.
By geigei 2017-10-08 14:29:27  
Why is this thread still going?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-08 14:32:36  
geigei said: »

Good question why anyone cares about a job when SE doesn't care...
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-08 14:35:42  
I am not saying mnk is good, im saying its more-or-less as bad as other dd's when looking from a pure DPS perspective, when compared to the "big 3". I was not considering utility for this argument because if we do that we are a yr back in the "blu onry" times. Please lets not go back there.

I see barely any difference in dps between my near perfect nin, and my near perfect mnk. My blu will do better dmg, but its by a very small margin. my drg is very well geared too and if I cant solo umbras its pretty laughable dps for a 2h job, however umbras make it very great.

Thf can be ok, but yes it can have some pretty good dmg at times when you can get a little bonus by downtime for sata timers. However on anything like a longer-ish zerg thf just gets pummeled since your waiting on timers to do great dmg. Plus a good dnc will out dd a thf anyhow, and since the gear is the same, no reason to use thf! I think you see where I am going.

SE needs to update a lot of jobs, change game mechanics from pure "just dd zerg stuff" to maybe killing mobs under certain conditions that jobs specialize in or something. Something needs to change because game, not just mnk, has really dropped off this last year. People may be logged in, but they arent playing.
[+]
By Chyula 2017-10-08 14:36:37  
geigei said: »
because monk want to make themselves feel better.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-08 14:37:35  
I am not saying mnk is good, im saying its more-or-less as bad as other dd's when looking from a pure DPS perspective, when compared to the "big 3". I was not considering utility for this argument because if we do that we are a yr back in the "blu onry" times. Please lets not go back there.

I see barely any difference in dps between my near perfect nin, and my near perfect mnk. My blu will do better dmg, but its by a very small margin. my drg is very well geared too and if I cant solo umbras its pretty laughable dps for a 2h job, however umbras make it very great.

Thf can be ok, but yes it can have some pretty good dmg at times when you can get a little bonus by downtime for sata timers. However on anything like a longer-ish zerg thf just gets pummeled since your waiting on timers to do great dmg. Plus a good dnc will out dd a thf anyhow, and since the gear is the same, no reason to use thf! I think you see where I am going.

SE needs to update a lot of jobs, change game mechanics from pure "just dd zerg stuff" to maybe killing mobs under certain conditions that jobs specialize in or something. Something needs to change because game, not just mnk, has really dropped off this last year. People may be logged in, but they arent playing.

Yea nothing is going to change you can keep dreaming though ! They won't admit the update to monk was a failure it's a Japanese cultural thing.

Monk as far as SE is concerned is working as intended. So don't expect any updates or fixes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-08 19:09:34  
the amount of hyperbole in this thread is sad, a good mnk is barely behind other good 1 handers (2 handers are a different story) while having access to great hybrid sets and good defensive abilities. there is nothing in this game hard enough that'll be the difference between a win or a loss if you don't maximize your dps.

just an anecdote since people are going purely off of hypotheticals right now: 2/3 of our dds accidentally got dunked by dancing fullers due to a lag spike during ou, so i held it solo on mnk. i was getting 7-8 WS off per 1 TP move ou was doing. if you don't see the value in that for a low man/low support situation i dunno what to tell you.

mnk could use a dps boost, sure, but they're not nearly as unusable as people claim they are. i know i like to plug hq kendatsuba a lot, but NQ kendatsuba is not much further behind. i bet an "average" mnk could do as well as other average dds since a lot of their good gear is easily obtainable. they also have access to all of the best dd accessories (unlike jobs like blu) and their AH weapon (jolt counters) is very likely a lot closer to their RMEA counterpart than any other job
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-10-08 21:06:51  
Pretty much any DD job could do that. Our tank PLD (who was drunk and subbed rdm) died to every % move last night and our war tanked almost the entire thing. He still pulled 17% of the parse. I tanked it for 15 minutes on SAM one night. I'm pretty sure any DD job with a hybrid set could do it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-08 21:39:51  
that wasn't the intention of my comment. no ***any job can tank anything, i haven't used a PLD for anything outside of RNG strategies in all of 2017. the point is that the tp feed it gives is so minimal that it almost trivializes WHM's job
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-08 22:03:12  
So monk is great again now that some guy said so !
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-09 00:29:36  
*** me for trying to tell discouraged people that their job isn't nearly as bad as the hivemind circlejerk tells you it is, right? the same few people who come here to ***on the job are unneeded, we already know where mnk stands. the point of a guide is to guide people who actually wanna play the damn job. go away.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-09 00:33:55  
here, let me simplify every job thread ever:

afk on smn to 2100 jp, get about 15 pieces of equipment and faceroll anything relevant in the game while ignoring all mechanics. everything else is a waste of time cause they can't pull off 20k dps without taking any damage!!
By fonewear 2017-10-09 07:24:16  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
here, let me simplify every job thread ever:

afk on smn to 2100 jp, get about 15 pieces of equipment and faceroll anything relevant in the game while ignoring all mechanics. everything else is a waste of time cause they can't pull off 20k dps without taking any damage!!

That isn't summoner's fault it's SE fault for not playing the game...it's like they don't know what they are doing.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-09 07:25:48  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
*** me for trying to tell discouraged people that their job isn't nearly as bad as the hivemind circlejerk tells you it is, right? the same few people who come here to ***on the job are unneeded, we already know where mnk stands. the point of a guide is to guide people who actually wanna play the damn job. go away.

This thread stopped being a guide about 10 pages ago now it is 3 people talking about hypotheticals that aren't going to happen.

You can talk if's and but's but it isn't going to make anyone new to the game invest time and gil in a dead job.

Like you said even with sarcasm summoner is a better use of time and gil than working on monk.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-09 07:40:13  
fonewear said: »
You can talk if's and but's but it isn't going to make anyone new to the game invest time and gil in a dead job.
And why exactely should we care about this?
Personally I don't.

The issue I have is not with new (or old) people investing into a specific job, *** cares bout that.
The issue I have is more about people accepting you playing that specific job.
Now THAT is an issue and I find it annoying.

And even more than that, beyond people exxagerating one way (OMG MNK is worse than a DRK dualwielding level1 swords!) or the other way (OMG MNK is perfectly fine, you dirty whiners!) I see it with my own eyes when I play MNK, first job at 75, that I have to struggle so much more than my other dd jobs, and trust me those jobs I had to put normally way less effort than I had to put into MNK.

So yeah, I'm still hoping for SE to do something about MNK but at this point it's futile hoping. After the mess they made 2 months ago (which I wish they could revert honestly) they are definitely not gonna waste more resource time on MNK.
We can hope on extremely overpowered Job Specific Equipment maybe (Relic+3? Empy+3?)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 363 364 365