Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-07-26 08:33:31  
Thanks Simon for confirming that.

SimonSes said: »
(bis set at attack cap can produce something like 45k ws avg I think, but getting to attack cap with bis set is really hard if Geomancy is gimped).

I find that knowing whether or not you're attack capped can sometimes be difficult. Definitely need to add a capped/uncapped toggle to my WS sets.
[+]
By Nhifirst 2021-08-12 20:09:37  
Since this thread hasn't seen much attention for a while and the alter ego campaign is on, I figure it's a good time to remind dragoons to take advantage of this and farm their Dagon Breastplates.

I posted some notes a while back on how to do it but here's a more detailed strategy.

Trusts:

Non boss floors I use a tank, healer, and whatever buffs you want.

Gear:

Stay in your hybrid gear all the way up, Nyame makes this a lot easier now but you can use Sulevia as well. I will mention that Nyame means you likely will not get amnesia/cursed/paralyzed/bio by Kin.

1st and 2nd floors:

Sonic thrust your way to the mid boss, if you're new to doing this, you want to just hit objectives to save enough time as possible.

Mid-bosses:

Carver is the easiest, take him to the corner, use angon and repeatedly do your 4 step stardriver > sonic thrust > stardiver > stardiver. Tank trust not necessary.

Thinker is in the middle for difficulty depending on your ability to control yourself around pain sync which is the only threat. You can sit on TP with Shining One or if you want to be risker, do your 4 step. Tank trust not necessary.

Gorger is the worst, takes forever and has nasty TP moves being spirit absorption and quadratic continuum. AAHM or a nin tank is ideal along with Arciela II and Koru-Moru to dispel.

Kin:

For trusts, use a healer (Apururu/Ygnas) Koru-moru for Haste II, Ulmia for march, other ones you can use in combination are Joachim/Sylvie/Cherukiki. The most important trust is Selh'teus as most of Kin's TP moves will trigger Rejuvenation and keep your trust MP topped up. However, Rejuvenation is only used if the party is in yellow health which happens after an -aja spell or several of the TP moves Kin has if you happen to lose hate after Target (more details below).

As for the fight, start off by getting hate with a WS and drag him back to the edge/wall. This will force your trusts to stay out of AOE damage range, note that they can't be a little of range, they need to be fully out of range. When you are positioning, just pull him back slowly, going too quickly may cause draw-in.

You want to use Shining One or Kaja lance and sit on TP until Kin casts before you use impulse drive. When Kin uses Target, you will need to prepare to use super jump. Use angon and wait for Kin to cast an ancient magic spell since that will give you time to land and use impulse drive to get back hate. It's not the end of the world if you end up jumping when he casts aspir or drain but he will go for your trusts, quickly use impulse drive to get back hate but don't panic and use it when Kin does a TP move. Once you have hate back, drag him back to the wall and ensure trusts are out of range. Note that Kin uses -aja tier spells instead of ancient magic at lower health.

At that point, it's just doing impulse drive until you get to the next Target which Super Jump should be ready again at that point.

The major points where this can go south is if you do not get hate back after Target and he decides to do something nasty to your trusts. This is especially true when Kin is at low health and starts using interference.

Also, get used to seeing this screen with your name obviously.

This strategy works without the alter ego campaign but the window of safety is a lot smaller. Interference is pretty much a death sentence for trusts and getting past Gorger is more difficult.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-13 02:51:49  
Nhifirst said: »
The most important trust is Selh'teus Monberaux

Inb4 I know not everyone has Monberaux. That being said..

Monberaux let you deal with Target in super easy fashion. You just go behind him and he uses Cover, get hit once and Target is off. No need for any risk Super Jumping and letting your Trusts being hit with TP moves.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-09 17:56:28  
Thoughts on Aram (path B)? If you arent too buffed/dont have much support (Gaol 2nd/3rd fights for example, or general low man strats) then 50 acc, ~140 att, 50% chance of follow up, 354 dmg, 150 hp and SB2 + 25 (very nice in the aforementioned scenarios) feels like option number 1 to be honest, surprised I havent seen more of them.
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 02:23:17  
It's good for SB build like all su5 path B, but it just can't compete with Trishula for Stardiver and all other WSs are weak without REM or Shining One buffs.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-09-10 11:01:18  
Subtle Blow niche would be about it yeah.
And if you have Dagon DRG can already hit 70 subtle blow even without it if absolutely needed, so wouldn't put it very high on my priority list.
I do realise not everyone is going to have omen bodies available though, so it's absolutely an option if SB is what you're looking for.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-10 15:02:46  
Asura.Chendar said: »
Subtle Blow niche would be about it yeah.
And if you have Dagon DRG can already hit 70 subtle blow even without it if absolutely needed, so wouldn't put it very high on my priority list.
I do realise not everyone is going to have omen bodies available though, so it's absolutely an option if SB is what you're looking for.

It's a good point regarding DRGs SB2 access, however I use dagon, omen ear and ring in my SB set and it isnt easy to get to 70 SB on DRG without severe gimping. What set are you suggesting for 70 SB?

WS dmg will be significantly weaker of course, but the attack rate with 50% FOA is close to mythic am3 attack rate (in a typical tp set) I believe? And talking about lower buff situations, the attack boost could close the gap a bit. Probably talking ~15% dmg loss? in exchange for the benefits of capped SB.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-09-10 15:12:25  
With Auspice, you only need 25 SB1 in gear to hit 70 total SB with Dagon, Sherida, Niqmaddu, which can be done easily. Without Auspice it obviously becomes more difficult, but WHM is pretty standard for groups.

So you're looking at, by your estimation, a 15% damage loss for 5 extra Subtle Blow. I would not take that trade.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-10 16:10:38  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
With Auspice, you only need 25 SB1 in gear to hit 70 total SB with Dagon, Sherida, Niqmaddu, which can be done easily. Without Auspice it obviously becomes more difficult, but WHM is pretty standard for groups.

So you're looking at, by your estimation, a 15% damage loss for 5 extra Subtle Blow. I would not take that trade.

The only time I play with a WHM is the first gaol nm and ody farm (where SB doesnt really matter because mobs die fast). As I specified in the comment, "if you arent too buffed/dont have much support".
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-11 10:41:22  
Would love to see what others are doing
2nd set is no Auspice
Edit: Should also say I don't if I have ever used these sets.
Edit2: Gleti's Breeches are R20
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-11 11:23:33  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Would love to see what others are doing
2nd set is no Auspice
Edit: Should also say I don't if I have ever used these sets.
Edit2: Gleti's Breeches are R20

Gleti's breeches is a great call - didnt see the SB+10 aug
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-10-05 14:12:49  
Does anyone have a DRG speadsheet updated with r20 Nyame and Gleti's? Thanks!
 Sylph.Stifler
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-10-09 17:04:13  
Has anyone tried Rigorous grip +1 out for Drakesbane instead of Utu grip? I feel like 19 STR and 14-15 attack would come out ahead. I've used it for Fudo and it seems like it was performing better, but Fudo is an 80% STR mod and Drakesbane only 50%.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-09 17:15:25  
Sylph.Stifler said: »
I've used it for Fudo and it seems like it was performing better,
What do you mean?

Edit: To answer your question Utu is better
 Sylph.Stifler
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-10-09 17:39:15  
I was using parse with same buffs with no multi attack gear switching between grips on apex bats and couldn't really tell a difference. I was just curious if anyone has used a spreadsheet between the two with real WS sets.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-10-09 19:45:47  
You're looking at 9.5 base dmg via wsc from Rigorous for Drakes vs 25 base dmg from Utu. Utu is adding 10% of your total dex to base dmg. It's roughly the equivalent of adding +50 str,not counting the fstr/atk from str. There's still the atk+ to consider, but.. I don't see it beating utu.

Running it through the spreadsheet... Rigorous did better than I expected.
ATK capped
DPS
Utu: 10822
Rig: 10680
-142 dps
WS
Utu:43683
Rig:42958
-725 avg ws dmg

Atk uncapped
DPS
Utu: 5203
Rig: 5206
+3 dps
WS
Utu: 20713
Rig: 20619
-94 avg ws dmg

A bit surprised to see Rigorous pull ahead on atk uncapped dps, but only by... 3 dps. And despite having lower ws dmg than utu. I guess it boosted melee dps enough to counter it? /shrug.

But everywhere else Utu is straight up better. And honestly, I wouldn't want to be using Ryu/Drakes somewhere that I couldn't cap atk.

Oh and if you're in last place unity rather than first, the ucapped atk dps drops to 5192, making it -11 rather than +3 dps.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Rigorous, but if you don't have Utu, this makes it a pretty good option until utu.

Also, utu's acc + will make it instantly and massively pull ahead if acc ever uncaps. +30 acc in the grip slot is not small.
[+]
By Fribbit 2021-10-12 14:04:28  
Hello all! I've been getting more into DRG recently and I was just curious if the recommended Group 1 and Group 2 merits are still optimal today(since the guide was written back in 2014)?

5/5 in Jump and High Jump recast still seem best in Group 1, but is 5/5 Angon and 5/5 Empathy(or 4/5 Empathy 1/5 Deep Breathing) still the best choices?
By SimonSes 2021-10-12 14:09:35  
5/5 Empathy is required imo. If you want to take one point off from anything for 1/5 Deep Breathing then it should be Angon probably. That being said I would 5/5 Empathy and Angon.
[+]
By Fribbit 2021-10-12 14:20:47  
SimonSes said: »
5/5 Empathy is required imo. If you want to take one point off from anything for 1/5 Deep Breathing then it should be Angon probably. That being said I would 5/5 Empathy and Angon.

Sounds good to me! I like simple so I'll just go 5/5 Empathy. Thanks!
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-10-12 17:51:27  
Honestly with the amount of breath + gear you can get you can typically get like 1500~ HB already, deep breathing just does not seem worth it.
[+]
 Sylph.Stifler
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-10-12 19:20:25  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
You're looking at 9.5 base dmg via wsc from Rigorous for Drakes vs 25 base dmg from Utu. Utu is adding 10% of your total dex to base dmg. It's roughly the equivalent of adding +50 str,not counting the fstr/atk from str. There's still the atk+ to consider, but.. I don't see it beating utu.

Running it through the spreadsheet... Rigorous did better than I expected.
ATK capped
DPS
Utu: 10822
Rig: 10680
-142 dps
WS
Utu:43683
Rig:42958
-725 avg ws dmg

Atk uncapped
DPS
Utu: 5203
Rig: 5206
+3 dps
WS
Utu: 20713
Rig: 20619
-94 avg ws dmg

A bit surprised to see Rigorous pull ahead on atk uncapped dps, but only by... 3 dps. And despite having lower ws dmg than utu. I guess it boosted melee dps enough to counter it? /shrug.
Ah ok, that's pretty interesting to see. Thanks for doing the comparison. I was also looking at the sets you posted a while back and you had Gleti's breeches outperforming Peltast's cuissots +1 at both cap and uncapped attack? I have Gelti's in my uncapped set but thinking of just putting it in capped attack set as well for the extra accuracy.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2021-11-09 23:57:36  
Assuming we'll be able to hit subjob level 55...

Warrior: DA II, HP+ II, Res Vir III
Dancer: Res Slow II, Building Flourish, Chocobo Jig
Dark Knight: ATT III, Res para III, Smite III, Consume Mana
Samurai: STP III, Zanshin III
Rune Fencer: MDB III, Valiance
Thief: Eva III, TA
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-11-10 16:31:28  
Why do both af and relic pants boost high jump enmity?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-11-10 16:39:32  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Why do both af and relic pants boost high jump enmity?
I'm gonna go with, because SE. /shrug

For awhile a mistranslation was suspected, but the JP side says pretty much the same thing for both sets of legs.
By Slowforever 2021-11-20 22:38:27  
Is Aeonic still bis? I am finishing up Gleti and about to finish Aeonic but with Gleti and all the crit gear out there I am thinking about building a Rhongomiant and r15ing that instead of the aeonic. Thoughts from those who have both ? Also in full buff situations what are you crittng for with it? I know our Ukon warrior is critting for 15k in seg c runs with full bufs (soul voice min x 3 etc). Curious if DRG can hit 10k crits or ?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2021-11-20 23:30:13  
Slowforever said: »
Is Aeonic still bis? I am finishing up Gleti and about to finish Aeonic but with Gleti and all the crit gear out there I am thinking about building a Rhongomiant and r15ing that instead of the aeonic. Thoughts from those who have both ? Also in full buff situations what are you crittng for with it? I know our Ukon warrior is critting for 15k in seg c runs with full bufs (soul voice min x 3 etc). Curious if DRG can hit 10k crits or ?

Rhongo was the first thing I made when I returned to the game because I never had it/finished it before. Rhongo excels when you have a long fight with a lot of amesia. For everything else it's pretty bad.

DRG/WAR with Naegling is BiS right now unfortunately, but in any CP/EP scenario or where you can skillchain - R15 Trishula will be BiS.

Particularly in Odyssey where you're not attack or accuracy starved and more mobs are piercing resist than weak, Naegling is just too good.
By SimonSes 2021-11-21 07:23:45  

Highest crit on Ukon are around 12800. 15k is not possible unless against something taking +25% slashing damage.

Highest crit on Rhongomiant seems to be around 10500 (~11100 is possible with Hetairoi ring, but it would be like 0.5% chance to happen with AM3 up)

The power of Ukon is based on WAR job tho. You have 100%DA build with 41%DA damage and you have abilities like Blood Rage to significantly boost white damage. Also WAR only do that with +23%PDL on 3.95 pdif cap Great Axe, while DRG set is +35%PDL with 4.05 pdif cap Polearm, so need more attack to cap. Rhongo is also +20STR, while Ukon +70, which obviously let Ukon get higher fSTR.

So even that damage difference between max hits isnt that high, Ukon white damage DPS in its best build is like 49% higher (62% under Blood Rage) and DRG needs higher attack to achieve it. Also this is with Empy+1 legs and Valorous feet, both providing kinda trash survivability (situation for legs will probably change with +3 in 6 months, but then everything might change :D)
Better overall would be too equip gleti's legs and feet too or at least legs (max damage would drop to ~9660-10160, but white DPS goes up slightly), but then we goes up to +43~48% PDL, whic needs even more attack, but provide better DPS and survivability.
By Slowforever 2021-11-21 14:52:50  
Yea idk our discord has a humble brag channel and our warrior has posted crit screenshots of 15k. I know DRG won't match this but hey if you say you are getting 10-11k thats amazing and the reason I wanted to build this weapon. I'll hold off a bit longer to test out the Aeonic but with Gleti r20 and neck/ rings/ cape/ earrings all with either crit or multi attack I am thinking Empy will absolutely shred in the content I want to bring DRG to.
By SimonSes 2021-11-21 15:03:00  
Yea idk our discord has a humble brag channel and our warrior has posted crit screenshots of 15k. I know DRG won't match this but hey if you say you are getting 10-11k thats amazing and the reason I wanted to build this weapon. I'll hold off a bit longer to test out the Aeonic but with Gleti r20 and neck/ rings/ cape/ earrings all with either crit or multi attack I am thinking Empy will absolutely shred in the content I want to bring DRG to.

I'm not getting that, I'm only saying what's the possible max is. I have Ukonvasara R15 that I was using a lot and this I can confirm from practice, but I don't have Rhongomiant. This is simple math tho, so there shouldn't be any surprises here. The highest crit I did with Ukon was 13800+ on Ameretat in shaol C, but I think they takes some additional damage, because they feel super squishy every time we decide to fight them.
[+]
 Siren.Kyten
サーバ: Siren
user: Kyten
By Siren.Kyten 2021-11-21 15:26:15  
What does the current naegling set look like for TP / savage set?
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 110 111 112