Incoming Server Merge?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 01:32:08  
I don't hate FFXIV, I'd like to see both games succeed. I disagree about the last part, but for obvious reasons being we have differing tastes.
By jeopardy 2013-10-19 02:56:59  
I'm sure all the long time players feel exactly the same but it seems to me that SE are trying to water down all the old content to try and push us onto the new FF14 but for the people that have been playing 10 years plus, its like being kicked in the balls.

I understand that SE try to help new players with the leveling and easy EXP but this makes the EXP too easy to get and new people don't appreciate the level they are as they don't have to work for it, whereas long time users are left behind and not taken into account.

I MISS THE OLD DAYS! ; ;
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-10-19 04:50:17  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Lol all these bitter beaten housewives coming out the woodwork. Keep praising ffxiv, that game has the same issue ATM and expect it to get worse

Lmao there were so many posts bashing XIV for having same issue as SoA FFXI in this thread already, sadly even though XIV is same linear progression crap with 0 longevity, it's still slightly better than SoA XI in terms of content longevity. Nobody's praising XIV, it's more like comparing 2 rotten apples and pick a better one.

It takes 3 hours(or less) for an avg gamer to obtain the best weapon in SoA FFXI, it takes 6hr(or less) for an avg gamer to obtain relic weapon in XIV. 6>3. The difference is that at least you still have a bit more stuff to do after relic in XIV, you get nothing else to do in XI after delve.

Pre-Abyssea FFXI>post-Abyssea FFXI>>>>>>>>>>>FFXIV>SoA FFXI in terms of content longevity. No matter how much you hate FFXIV, it's hard to deny that SoA FFXI is even worse than FFXIV.

Relics aren't really always the best weapons in XIV, and they can be a bit more grindy than 6 hours if you don't have all of the philosophy tomes saved up already.

It doesn't take long though for an experienced group. Can easily clear Chimera, Hydra, Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan in around 4 hours counting 20~30 minutes for Amdapor and 10 or so for 24 Beastmen kills. 900 Philosohpy tomes will take a few hours though, and +1 relic takes a minimum of 3 weeks just because of the 300 mythology per week cap.

Allagan weapons are best in slot over +1 relics for some jobs, and straight upgrades over NQ relics for pretty much all jobs. Good luck beating Twintania though, it's actually a challenging fight.

Overall, XIV has the same type of longevity as XI used to have prior SoA, albeit in a more limited scope. You do dungeons, primals, and whatnot to get darklight gear, run coil over the week to progress that and get allagan gear, and cap your weekly mythology tomes for +1 relics and relic armor plus assorted crap like leveling alternate jobs and crafts/gathering professions.

With any luck the hard mode BCs and ***will just be the beginning in reviving pre-SoA content, because the game really needs it right now.
 Bahamut.Genevie
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Geneviee
By Bahamut.Genevie 2013-10-19 04:56:13  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I miss the old days :(

I miss having that ultimate goal to reach level 75.

I miss the feeling of been aggroed and dieing, and having to wait for a raise because EXP was precious to you.

I miss having to run for miles to get to the next town because you couldn't warp around so easily and Chocobos were lifesavers.

I miss seeing that one person stood in town who looked like a god with the bext gear while 99% of people didn't.

I miss the feeling of accomplishment getting your first artifact or relic equipment.

I miss the many social linkshells full of newbies asking questions and needing help all the time. (I was one of those who ENJOYED helping others get their subjob items and stuff)

I miss camping NMs outside, that feeling when you finally see it pop and claim over competition.

I miss running my old dynamis linkshell, finally clearing the city runs after many mistakes/practice, then moving onto Icelands/Dreamlands and feeling awesome but afraid of that inevitable wipe.

I miss when jobs had equipment that made them look like the job they were playing.

I miss old school exp parties, not because of the killing, but because of the usual banter.

I miss levelling up and feeling the need to DING or WOOT in LS Chat so everyone can appreciate the effort.

I miss when missions were challenging and had good storylines (COP).

I miss mass events like Divine Might, they were killer and I remember killing the last Ark Angel only for time to run out and feeling the despair of the alliance.

I miss having things to do. And even when I couldn't be bothered and just wanted to chat or help others, there were GOOD people who appreciated the help and regarded you as their mentor and friend.

What I miss most is the magic and spirit of FFXI. :(
This ^
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-10-19 05:18:04  
i for one would not mind a merge my reason being that my LS + the people we do delve with more often than not is about half of what an old dyna/ein shell population was
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-10-19 05:33:10  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Friends around me are just as social as we all were back at 75 cap /shrug you sound like you've gotten shitty friends

All the real good friends i made quit the game before 2010. It's ok for some players who made friends back at the start and they just never left, but for a lot of players, friends have come and gone, come back briefly, then left for good.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-19 05:45:19  
I don't hate FFXIV, I'd like to see both games succeed. I disagree about the last part, but for obvious reasons being we have differing tastes.

Not sure how "taste" can affect content length though :p

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Lol all these bitter beaten housewives coming out the woodwork. Keep praising ffxiv, that game has the same issue ATM and expect it to get worse

Lmao there were so many posts bashing XIV for having same issue as SoA FFXI in this thread already, sadly even though XIV is same linear progression crap with 0 longevity, it's still slightly better than SoA XI in terms of content longevity. Nobody's praising XIV, it's more like comparing 2 rotten apples and pick a better one.

It takes 3 hours(or less) for an avg gamer to obtain the best weapon in SoA FFXI, it takes 6hr(or less) for an avg gamer to obtain relic weapon in XIV. 6>3. The difference is that at least you still have a bit more stuff to do after relic in XIV, you get nothing else to do in XI after delve.

Pre-Abyssea FFXI>post-Abyssea FFXI>>>>>>>>>>>FFXIV>SoA FFXI in terms of content longevity. No matter how much you hate FFXIV, it's hard to deny that SoA FFXI is even worse than FFXIV.

Relics aren't really always the best weapons in XIV, and they can be a bit more grindy than 6 hours if you don't have all of the philosophy tomes saved up already.

It doesn't take long though for an experienced group. Can easily clear Chimera, Hydra, Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan in around 4 hours counting 20~30 minutes for Amdapor and 10 or so for 24 Beastmen kills. 900 Philosohpy tomes will take a few hours though, and +1 relic takes a minimum of 3 weeks just because of the 300 mythology per week cap.

900 philosophy= 9 prae run, each run=25 min for IL70 weapon DPSx6 group. That's 3.75hr. Chimera/hydra/ifrit/garuda/AK and Titan can be done in less than 4hr for sure unless your group wanna wipe over and over. 6~7hr is avg time for avg player, it may be like 10hr for first time player due to titan practice/wipe. And it's a IL80 weapon, something like relic 95.

Counting the time to +1 that's 3 weeks for 1 IL90. In pre-SoA FFXI it takes avg player with no ADL static nor high lv craft 3 months of solo dyna to get a lv 95 relic. And probably another month to collect 5 marrow to 99 it.

6~10hr FFXIV relic NQ v.s 3 months FFXI relic 95, or 3 weeks HQ FFXIV relic v.s 4 months FFXI relic 99. I haven't count Mythic yet.

Also, "can't beat boss for allagan" doesn't magically prolong the content. Back in 75 era nobody can beat AV too, but players still has tons to do even without touching AV. Relic 95/99/HQ/NQ is the obtainable good weapon in both games, and THAT is something most avg players would aim for/able to accomplish.

Pre-SoA FFXI just has more content longevity, for avg players.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-19 06:00:30  
Maybe it's just me but isn't it obvious for a game 10 years old to have more content than one that's been released since 3 months? (no point considering pre-arr)

I don't know how FFXI was at release but I think cap 60 with af dungeons and missions up to Shadow Lord?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-10-19 06:03:14  
FFXI was mostly just the EXP grind in the beginning. People didn't mind that though because the online aspect was new and fresh (for FF fans) and you got to play with people with similar interests.

I guess endgame was just about the Beastmen Kings.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-10-19 06:16:56  
Is Draylo just one of those no-lifers who everyone should ignore?
 Leviathan.Gaga
By Leviathan.Gaga 2013-10-19 06:34:16  

LOL.

Who's in charge of the girls?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-10-19 06:36:57  
Leviathan.Gaga said: »

LOL.

LOL. You are SOOOOO Funny. You should get an award!
 Leviathan.Gaga
By Leviathan.Gaga 2013-10-19 06:47:35  
Leviathan.Gaga said: »

LOL.

LOL. You are SOOOOO Funny. You should get an award!

By fonewear 2013-10-19 07:23:17  

He will be still playing XI in 2017 when he is the only one left on the server.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2013-10-19 08:07:13  
idk who draylo is, but based on the last few posts i can tell hes a good player, and that all of you guys were in the group of people that only just recently got delve wins, still dont have them, or leveled cor/geo/brd/rdm to get INTO the delve runs youve joined.

i just felt bad for draylo sry;;
 Bahamut.Genevie
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Geneviee
By Bahamut.Genevie 2013-10-19 08:39:24  
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
idk who draylo is, but based on the last few posts i can tell hes a good player, and that all of you guys were in the group of people that only just recently got delve wins, still dont have them, or leveled cor/geo/brd/rdm to get INTO the delve runs youve joined.

LOL@ your lolness
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-19 09:00:46  
What exactly am I focused on ? I don't put much energy into my replies or actions in regards to the games life. It's about on par with your negative view on it, just a different perspective. I see you shout all the time in response to people or post here. Does that mean you put more energy into it than me?
Oh, nothing to do with your thoughts on XI. You bring up my fetish every time you disagree with me, I just realized that if what Aru said is correct then projection would explain why you think I'd care.

Bukadan said:

it's been like a week of you bragging about your uber leadership skills making a working PUG, nobody cares, you didn't invent any strategies, you didn't even try them early, and you give no credit to the people who were in your group doing the work

sorry, 1 decent dps doesn't carry a run, especially not pre-patch

(for what it's worth, it took him weeks of trying multiple times a night to clear tojil, the other shells on leviathan had dozens of kills before he had 1.. but you're not even concerned about draylo, you're just looking for an opportunity to talk about how 1337 a leader you are and making assumptions about everyone else that have no basis in fact)
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-19 09:33:17  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Maybe it's just me but isn't it obvious for a game 10 years old to have more content than one that's been released since 3 months? (no point considering pre-arr)

I don't know how FFXI was at release but I think cap 60 with af dungeons and missions up to Shadow Lord?

Yes, and it's obvious that this 10 year old game has less content than 3 months MMO after previous 4 expansion outdated and only SoA left.
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-10-19 09:35:27  

At 2002 cap was 50 and there were no AFs yet. Best melee gear at the time was the Jeuno knights armor you see today on voidwatch officers.

lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-19 10:26:54  
If by FFXI and FFXIV having the same problem you all mean content, I think that's a pretty narrow view of it. They both suffer from being owned by SE more than anything else. Terrible customer service, unwilling to listen to customers or admit mistakes, piss poor communication, etc.

XI could be great again, if they had spent some money on a new UI, cleaned up their server/client communication, updated the game engine to use something from this century, and built their equipment system around the current level cap instead of arbitrarily capping everyone at 99 then trying to make them lvl120 through pathetic +skill/+400stat gear.

There's no real reason for servers to merge for current content, so unless the low server populations are keeping people from doing old content, which they shouldn't with the new equipment, they should focus on fixing the glaring issues that are causing the populations to dwindle.

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

At 2002 cap was 50 and there were no AFs yet. Best melee gear at the time was the Jeuno knights armor you see today on voidwatch officers.

lol

Wasn't NA release a box with Zilart and 60 cap? Or are you just talking strictly JP launch?
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-10-19 10:28:45  
It's true that there's limited content in FFXIV at the moment - however, the game was released less than 2 months ago. Pre-Adoulin FFXI had a myriad of different and relevant (some more relevant than others) content to do. Once Delve was introduced, all that old content's been made pretty much irrelevant and pointless to do (unless you're a bard or a paladin). That's one HUGE mistake on SE's behalf, as pretty much proven by the current average number of online players on each XI server.

Makes me sad how they (Matsui) killed off the game like that for so many of their subscribers.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-10-19 10:39:41  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Wasn't NA release a box with Zilart and 60 cap? Or are you just talking strictly JP launch?

NA launch was somewhere around August-October 2003 so of course I'm talking of JP launch.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-10-19 10:59:46  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
REM's are easy to get playing alone everyday. suji is right, though. the new sense of accomplishment is getting to be that person that everyone goes "ALRIGHT THIS GUYS IN THE PT WERE GOING TO WIN" when you join any party. this proof of work is far greater than any material item can give in this game. the people who quit because of their relic/emps/mythics becoming obsolete will not be getting a spot in a goddamn party i make till they prove themselves to be good on multiple jobs.

Which implies that I need you at all. I fully upgraded skirmish v2 gear and stored half of my "hard won" (ie ***it took me 2 days with a group to get from delve bosses) stuff, that i had obtained the week before, with my roommate and my mule in less than a week. The "I can beat this game in a week" comment wasn't a joke or a hyperbole. I came back from a 2-3 month hack restoral and replaced 11 years worth of gear in 2 weeks. I "accidentally" fully geared my drk with delve boss etc gear while going from "abyssea burned naked cor" to "best possible gear barring grossly situational RME cor" in less than 1 months subscription.

IE: I beat 3 months worth of "content" in 2 weeks. There's no point to go back and salvage because the "good sidegrade" gear from SV2 is already obsolete. Relic and AF+1 gear are right out. Even meebles gear is ***aside from a RUN idle piece (lol).

The point is that at least before i could find a vaguely situational use for some pieces from old content. When I beat the piss poor attempt that Matsui tier content is in a week, at least I had old ***i could find a reason to get. Now, this dipshit of a producer, has set an irreversible precedent for the gear. If they make new content that you can't do with 2 players and 2 mules, the "newfriends" will piss and moan (and it won't even bring back any of the already disenfranchised players who left). If you refuse to let me join your group because of your "i stuck around to pay for 4 months to get 2 weeks of content" plan, ill just wait an extra week for the skirmish v4 gear that replaces the delve v3 gear you were excluding me from.

Matsui should have to put on his resume "the man who finally accomplished in 1-2 updates what many reviled dev teams/producers failed at before: being ffxi's terminal cancer".

Enjoyable read lol.

the people who quit because of their relic/emps/mythics becoming obsolete will not be getting a spot in a goddamn party i make till they prove themselves to be good on multiple jobs.

Maybe if you said "the people who quit because of REM...till they prove themselves to be good at the newly added events since seekers release" it would of been a more reasonable comment to make. But why would a returning player not be good on his 99 jobs, those with REM or otherwise. Nothing from what I can tell has changed much regarding the way most if not all jobs are played compared to pre-seekers. If anything a returning player with a Conqueror for example who has war and sch who farmed all of his alex on sch is probably going to as good if not better than your current delve sch's.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-19 11:28:15  
Dedicated to what? Logging in and counting the blades of grass in Miseareaux Coast or climbing Parradamo Tor? To camping fire weather in Ifrits Cauldron?

XI has existed to give players new gear to chase over the years. During the course of that chase, there were many opportunities to have fun along the way or to explore strange new zones for your hapless friend who wants to camp an NM in the middle of nowhere. That NM then spawns and tears you both to pieces. A stranger bumps into the mess, decides to help you, the item you wanted drops and celebrations ensue.

- A typical day in XI

Now the game has obliterated any worth in doing anything but the new bland SoA gear and the reality that once you collect those pieces everything else is worthless. The base moves on like it does in every vertical MMO and you're left with servers dropping below 200.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-10-19 11:39:12  
so many complainers jesus christ...when i see people complain like this, i think to myself.....how much denial is going on reading all of this, i bet NONE of you deleted your characters, and everyone knows you dont fully quit ffxi until you do so....so see you all soon >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-10-19 11:40:56  
also this forum is about a server merge, not QQ ffxi is dead forum, juss sayin.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-10-19 12:10:33  
Valefor.Mattyc said: »
also this forum is about a server merge, not QQ ffxi is dead forum, juss sayin.

And why do you think people predict/want server merges to happen?
[+]
 Asura.Wordspoken
By Asura.Wordspoken 2013-10-19 12:45:39  
Actually... server merges will not help a thing. You might get parties filled faster, only to run out of things to do faster. You will end up with more ppl quitting due to not having stuff to do = +-0.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12