Incoming Server Merge?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 12:56:15  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
What exactly am I focused on ? I don't put much energy into my replies or actions in regards to the games life. It's about on par with your negative view on it, just a different perspective. I see you shout all the time in response to people or post here. Does that mean you put more energy into it than me?
Oh, nothing to do with your thoughts on XI. You bring up my fetish every time you disagree with me, I just realized that if what Aru said is correct then projection would explain why you think I'd care.

Bukadan said:
idk who draylo is, but based on the last few posts i can tell hes a good player, and that all of you guys were in the group of people that only just recently got delve wins, still dont have them, or leveled cor/geo/brd/rdm to get INTO the delve runs youve joined.

i just felt bad for draylo sry;;
it's been like a week of you bragging about your uber leadership skills making a working PUG, nobody cares, you didn't invent any strategies, you didn't even try them early, and you give no credit to the people who were in your group doing the work

sorry, 1 decent dps doesn't carry a run, especially not pre-patch

(for what it's worth, it took him weeks of trying multiple times a night to clear tojil, the other shells on leviathan had dozens of kills before he had 1.. but you're not even concerned about draylo, you're just looking for an opportunity to talk about how 1337 a leader you are and making assumptions about everyone else that have no basis in fact)

You just like to stroke your ego. The other "Leaders" (all two of them.) had used bots to stun long before us. You also took multiple attempts to get a win because you couldn't set your bots up fast enough. It's not worth anything at all and idk why you keep bringing it up like its some measure of skill. Not to mention you had to have my backline help you get a win because you were incapable of doing it yourself with the mouth breathers in your shell that were DD onry.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 12:57:37  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is Draylo just one of those no-lifers who everyone should ignore?

Says the guy who apparently quit XI for better games only to keep posting here. I'd say you are the no-lifer sir. Just because I have a positive view on this game and go against your opinion doesn't mean you should resort to the RL card.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-19 12:58:04  
Valefor.Mattyc said: »
so many complainers jesus christ...when i see people complain like this, i think to myself.....how much denial is going on reading all of this, i bet NONE of you deleted your characters, and everyone knows you dont fully quit ffxi until you do so....so see you all soon >.>

I didnt delete mine, I sold it, does that count?
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-10-19 12:58:09  
because people are impatient? i know without a doubt when next months update hits the population of game will get a boost again, granted it most likely wont be for long, but people talk about server congestion, what do you think its going to be like with over 2k people online? and the fact we have so few DEV's working on XI at this moment in time, honestly i think a server merge is a good idea to an extent, if this next update does not draw back a good amount of people, then maybe a month or 2 after they should consider it, IF the numbers dont stay consistent then it would make sense, but right now in the stage of the game where there has been nothing but a mog case, delivery from mog house, and monstrosity isn't really gonna spark everyone's interest. and im sure SE is aware of this.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-10-19 12:59:59  
yes viciouss i can see where that would also count rofl!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-19 13:26:53  
The other "Leaders" (all two of them.) had used bots to stun long before us.
Don't know if you used stun bots or not, but ice skating isn't any better.

Quote:
You also took multiple attempts to get a win because you couldn't set your bots up fast enough.
Took multiple attempts to win because Emra has terrible MP management and the server wasn't loading every TP move. I believe it took 4 attempts, total. How many did you need? I personally saw you enter at least 30 times.

Quote:
It's not worth anything at all and idk why you keep bringing it up like its some measure of skill.
Don't know why it upsets you so much if you think it's irrelevant.

Quote:
Not to mention you had to have my backline help you get a win because you were incapable of doing it yourself with the mouth breathers in your shell that were DD onry.
My shell won without any of your backline over 2 weeks before your shell had a win. I believe it took 3 total attempts with the linkshell, but I'm not really sure. It might have been 4-5. My shell wasn't on very frequently at that point, so having another group gave me something to work on without abandoning them or pearling random people that aren't up to my standards.

Stamos specifically asked me if I would help set up a group because they were sick of you. It went reasonably well so I continued to do it in addition to my linkshell's runs. Spaa and I kicked them to the curb eventually because Emra and Bladefury were consistantly worse than our mules and Jirachi frequently parsed less than half of the competing DD. Emra was using a WHM bot during runs instead of paying attention half of the time. A yagrush WHM that removes debuffs slower than the (8boxed and 3boxed) BRDs is just pathetic. Stamos and Moshimoro were good, and I have nothing against any of them as people, but I'm not putting up with 3 dead weights to keep 2 good players.

The fact you consider them 'your' backline is funny though, last I checked they were people and they made the choice to leave your group. They went back when they had no other option.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-10-19 13:28:04  
I see a lot of XI vs XIV talk... in a server merge thread, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the topic.

I love both games, I didn't get a chance to play XIV pre ARR, but right now I know which of the two games are superior.

The prime of XI beats XIV, there is absolutely no competition when comparing the two in both of their primes. However, XI has also had twelve years to succeed, grow, and pull at the strings of all the players who followed it. After the prime of XI the game died for me, yet I still played for a few more years. I don't have any experience with new content, but I don't feel I need to. I had an amazing experience with XI for all the years I played it, and I enjoyed it most when it was in it's prime and going strong.

XIV is a fun game, but it's just the beginning, and the majority of players can't transition from a game that has lived it's life and progressed through years of work, to a game starting right off during the pre-zilart era. XIV is right where XI began, both caps use to be at level 50, XI we got our AF gear where as XIV has "relic" (I don't treat it as relic though). XIV cannot start off with a huge bang, having content like XI did up to ToAU. There are expansions planned for XIV, and as they come out XIV will grow and mature, and it's prime will continue to follow the years of it's development.

XIV will eventually hit it's ultimate prime, many years from now, and then we'll be able to fairly judge which of the two games is better. Right now XI has that honor, even though it might not be doing very well right now, it has a history that most players will never forget, and the memories each of us had will never be forgotten. I hold XI very close to my heart, even though many negative feelings have tarnished the image of XI for me now, the experience I had will never be diminished. XI's prime was an amazing feeling, and even though XI has never been without it's problems through all it's years, it was an amazing game.

I am looking forward to the future of XIV, where we'll be able to do more and the major game play problems resolved as time goes on. The game has just been reborn, and there is every reason to believe that SE will take this second chance very seriously. Even if they don't meet our expectations (they certainly won't for most players), I know that I will continue to enjoy the experience, even if it will forever be in the shadow of what XI once was.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2013-10-19 13:47:03  
I miss being able to swap gear for everything in XI. Also yay server merges, or something.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 13:47:17  
The other "Leaders" (all two of them.) had used bots to stun long before us.
Don't know if you used stun bots or not, but ice skating isn't any better.

Quote:
You also took multiple attempts to get a win because you couldn't set your bots up fast enough.
Took multiple attempts to win because Emra has terrible MP management and the server wasn't loading every TP move. I believe it took 4 attempts, total. How many did you need? I personally saw you enter at least 30 times.

Quote:
It's not worth anything at all and idk why you keep bringing it up like its some measure of skill.
Don't know why it upsets you so much if you think it's irrelevant.

Quote:
Not to mention you had to have my backline help you get a win because you were incapable of doing it yourself with the mouth breathers in your shell that were DD onry.
My shell won without any of your backline over 2 weeks before your shell had a win. I believe it took 3 total attempts with the linkshell, but I'm not really sure. It might have been 4-5. My shell wasn't on very frequently at that point, so having another group gave me something to work on without abandoning them or pearling random people that aren't up to my standards.

Stamos specifically asked me if I would help set up a group because they were sick of you. It went reasonably well so I continued to do it in addition to my linkshell's runs. Spaa and I kicked them to the curb eventually because Emra and Bladefury were consistantly worse than our mules and Jirachi frequently parsed less than half of the competing DD. Emra was using a WHM bot during runs instead of paying attention half of the time. A yagrush WHM that removes debuffs slower than the (8boxed and 3boxed) BRDs is just pathetic. Stamos and Moshimoro were good, and I have nothing against any of them as people, but I'm not putting up with 3 dead weights to keep 2 good players.

It really doesn't upset me, you just bring it up likes its relevant in regards to skill. Using bots to do everything for you isn't exactly skillful tbh.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-19 13:52:19  
I never brought it up like it was relevant, I gave a couple examples to support my case that Delve was not easy content at launch.

You made a huge deal out of it, made a halfassed effort at a personal attack, and then continued to take every opportunity to try to gain an upper hand. I'm correcting Bukadan, the same way you corrected me. Surely it's about accuracy of facts, not your personal feelings, right?

Also, saying "you use bots so you don't count" with no knowledge of what bots I do or don't use is a bit silly. You use stun bots, you use clipper everywhere, so surely it applies to you as well?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 13:56:41  
Not sure how you are correcting him. He had an opinion of me and you tried to make it seem like I'm an unskillful player? Exaggerating facts and twisting statements to try and attack someone, its your thing. I'm aware of what bots you use, I have people that play or have played with you that tell me ***.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-19 13:59:08  
Take a deep breath.

Masturbate.

Come back relaxed.

The thread will be thankful.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-19 14:04:04  
There is one person who knows what bots I use, me. I don't brag about any tools I have, and anything I do bot is done to alleviate alt-tabbing, not to replace human control. I got a couple PMs asking about it from this thread, so I'll just elaborate here.

I wrote an interface to bind hotkeys in any manner I want for any character I want. Some of them are more advanced than what windower macros allow, like repositioning or engaging a target, watching for a stun, some aren't. For example, every WHM spell or BRD song that goes through needs its own macro press. Everything my characters do is controlled by myself though, which is why I can make good usage of all of them. The interface handles all input to any window, so I can blanket them out for a wider view and never need to alt-tab.

You're welcome to think whatever you'd like of how that gives me an unfair advantage or removes the skill aspect, but I don't really care. You use spellcast, clipper, stun bots. I use spellcast, stun bots, and an enhanced UI. We're both cheaters, and to try to claim some sort of high ground based on that is laughable.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-10-19 14:07:03  
so how about them Denver Broncos.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 14:11:14  
One person doesn't make an entire alliance, but in your case you made up half of it (or all of it recently). Half of the ally covered by bots, not exactly the same as real players. Did you manually control those stuns or did you use a packet stun bot ? You are the one that is implying I'm unskillful with your consistent comments about our delve wins. Most of the information you've posted are extreme exaggerations or just flat out lies.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-19 14:20:44  
Going to give you some help with the comprehensive reading.

-I use stun bots. I'm not denying that, and to seperate packet is just silly. If you can't get access to or create a packet stunner, but still use a stun bot, you're still cheating to the exact same level. I'm doing it because my attention is split 9 ways, why exactly are people with 1 character stun botting at all?

-Every action taken by any of my characters besides stunning is initiated by a keypress or combination of keypresses done by me. I just have them simplified and organized in my own UI so that I can maintain a higher level of control. If bots were a superior replacement to normal players for anything besides stunning, I wouldn't be the only person doing this.

I never said or implied you were unskilled. I never said or implied I was skilled. I said delve was a much different affair before the nerfs. You've brought up a million irrelevant points about Leviathan's history, when nobody who read my original post would have given a ***.

I'm pretty bored and more than willing to defend any of my statements, so if you're enjoying yourself, keep at it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 14:26:20  
You were trying to imply that. He made a positive comment about me and you tried to devalue it by bringing up something that you felt would do that. What else were you trying to accomplish with that statement? It was a jab but also an attempt to make me seem unskillful.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-19 14:30:12  
Well clearly you aren't our king, lording over all of the poor support peons that had to level GEO to play delve. Everything about his post was delusional, you're just focusing on yourself. I mean, do you really take satisfaction from being called a good player based solely on having people call you a no-lifer? Surely you didn't think he was talking about YOUR posts?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-10-19 15:00:27  
/popcorn
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-19 15:29:04  
Kalila said: »
I see a lot of XI vs XIV talk... in a server merge thread, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the topic.

I love both games, I didn't get a chance to play XIV pre ARR, but right now I know which of the two games are superior.

The prime of XI beats XIV, there is absolutely no competition when comparing the two in both of their primes. However, XI has also had twelve years to succeed, grow, and pull at the strings of all the players who followed it. After the prime of XI the game died for me, yet I still played for a few more years. I don't have any experience with new content, but I don't feel I need to. I had an amazing experience with XI for all the years I played it, and I enjoyed it most when it was in it's prime and going strong.

XIV is a fun game, but it's just the beginning, and the majority of players can't transition from a game that has lived it's life and progressed through years of work, to a game starting right off during the pre-zilart era. XIV is right where XI began, both caps use to be at level 50, XI we got our AF gear where as XIV has "relic" (I don't treat it as relic though). XIV cannot start off with a huge bang, having content like XI did up to ToAU. There are expansions planned for XIV, and as they come out XIV will grow and mature, and it's prime will continue to follow the years of it's development.

XIV will eventually hit it's ultimate prime, many years from now, and then we'll be able to fairly judge which of the two games is better. Right now XI has that honor, even though it might not be doing very well right now, it has a history that most players will never forget, and the memories each of us had will never be forgotten. I hold XI very close to my heart, even though many negative feelings have tarnished the image of XI for me now, the experience I had will never be diminished. XI's prime was an amazing feeling, and even though XI has never been without it's problems through all it's years, it was an amazing game.

I am looking forward to the future of XIV, where we'll be able to do more and the major game play problems resolved as time goes on. The game has just been reborn, and there is every reason to believe that SE will take this second chance very seriously. Even if they don't meet our expectations (they certainly won't for most players), I know that I will continue to enjoy the experience, even if it will forever be in the shadow of what XI once was.

I played XIV pre ARR, and my POV toward XIV is completely the opposite, maybe cuz XIV 1.23 had same direction as XI and ARR went completely different direction from XI and 1.23. IMO, the reason why ARR doesn't offer same memorable playing experience like XI, is because dev purposely choose "instant gratification over immersion" design philosophy in ARR to attract more casual players. Because of that, unless they change the game direction, it will never provide same experience as XI.

In 1.23 I had a bit of adventure experience that felt similar to XI... go get tele point with friends(and all those tele points often sit in ), do United We Stand quest and walk all the way to enemy base packed with enemies(and wipe on the way :D)open world dungeon.....the entire game felt like streamlined XI, just with less content. Oh,and relic takes a bit more time and more expensive to obtain before ARR too. I don't see players in full DL,relic and white raven that often before ARR. The game just needs more 1~50 content and more endgame content, it'd have pretty good chance to give same gaming experience as XI. Gear stat in pre-ARR was also a bit more complicated than ARR.

Then ARR they changed everything, progress through the story is now "click on the duty finder and DING!" Gears and relics are slightly easier to obtain than it used to be. AF quests became soloable. You still had to build connection to progress in pre-ARR, now you don't need to anymore.....I dragged friends and LS to help my AF quests in 1.2x, I cleared coil T1~4 with /shout pt in ARR. You can really clear everything bar T5 coil in ARR with 0 friends.

Not to mention you had arrows in 1.23!

Pre-ARR XIV is like XI-2 with better UI and streamlined design for everything, just less content, ARR is like a completely different game aiming to offer different playing experience. It's just a simplified version of 1.23 with more content.

It's not that ARR "haven't hit it's prime", it's just a game aimed toward different audience. And I don't see the point for this game to change direction again....quite a lot of ppl who's currently enjoying ARR probably like it. They probably don't like talent tree/merit point, don't like spending 30 min traveling to 1 place to do story, probably don't like complicated gear stat, and they don't like to buy arrows or make gils to supply themselves between each event.

I like the idea of walking for 30+ min to 1 place for a story, or lv up a craft and craft my own bullet/arrows. I like immersion and the feel of living in the game world, but I'm probably the minority, and I don't see a reason for ARR to change that because that'd probably piss every other ARR players off and gets less sub. If it doesn't change, then it'll never beat FFXI in terms of immersion. I don't see how ARR will offer storylines like 75 era CoP in FFXI.....hell ppl complained Coil needing too much teamwork on official forums. It took me 10 months of playing XI to beat CoP, with ARR's current player base, a storyline takes 10 months to complete will start a riot on official forums lol. Give ARR another 10 years, unless the game changes direction it'll never be XI No.2. They had the chance to make XI NO.2 in 1.2x, but they ditched it. And now they have a more successful launch with new direction, I guess there's no point to go back to what XI/1.2x was.

I'd say current-gen MMO is just like this, the day we spent 10 months of playing and go "OMG BEAT COP FINALLY" or years to build a Mythic and "OMG MYTHIC DONE FINALLY" is over. Now it's 1 night to beat Coil 1~4 or 2 night for 1 relic era, where accomplishment come and go fast, and if you can't get ***done that fast, nobody want to play the game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-19 15:44:33  
Every mmo that is as old as FFXI will have a very strong "elitist" crowd. Although over time I've become one of those in XI I am quite certain that is only a problem of this crowd with XIV content, and I'm dead sure it's an incredibly small percentage of total playerbase, it just seems vocal because all XI players are gathered in the same places to talk about XIV too(this site, bg, etc).

In this day and age no one other than us(I'll say it like that even though I'm out of the scene of any game atm)care about a hardcore experience. I'll pull the number out of my *** and say a good 80% of players want a casual experience.
[+]
By Davorin 2013-10-19 15:58:42  

For entertainment purposes, I wish Starcade was reading this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-10-19 16:02:06  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is Draylo just one of those no-lifers who everyone should ignore?

Says the guy who apparently quit XI for better games only to keep posting here. I'd say you are the no-lifer sir. Just because I have a positive view on this game and go against your opinion doesn't mean you should resort to the RL card.

Temporarily quit. I have done it before, doesn't mean that I absolutely hate FFXI and want it dead. Just expressing that the game is in the worst state I have ever seen it, if you want to live in your own little bubble and insult anyone and everyone on these forums (look at how many posts you have..) then I guess you are one of those I will just add to my ban list. You are a perfect example of what I was talking about, your ego and obsession in the game is so apparent I ain't surprised you always end up in arguments on here.

Oh my god, did I just play the ban card?? Oh my, awaiting a meme of some sort now! Your type are so predictable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-10-19 16:03:10  
Oh ***, post count argument

FIGHT ME!!
[+]
By Serj 2013-10-19 16:10:13  
I feel ashamed of my low count despite being here a long time :(
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-19 16:22:48  
Anyone who has used a bot for well anything should know that it's not efficient for anything serious besides stunning. Cure bots are fine for trash, but they severely suck for harder content. I'm assuming you auto WS? I'd go insane if i had to manually ws on that many characters.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-10-19 16:24:34  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

FIGHT ME!!

i would gladly fight you and lose :) My pirate skills are no match lol
By fonewear 2013-10-19 16:28:56  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

FIGHT ME!!

Post count is serious business.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-10-19 16:29:21  
Im one of those players that has been playing FFXI since the PS2 release and i can unequivocally say the current state of this game is the very definition of stagnant. Ive never seen more riding on a version update that it will come this November, but SE has put themselves in this position with the advent of SoA.

The question isnt whether a server merge will happen, b/c unless the next version update is nothing less than monumental then that will happen sooner or later....the real question is, whats the breaking point for SE?

Im someone thats says every time someone quits FFXI it's one tiny step towards this game being shutdown for good....well ive so many ppl move on for good from FFXI lately it's a serious cause for concern, really makes you wonder whats the future holds for this game going forward.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12