Incoming Server Merge?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-02 07:30:51  
Solrain said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
The sad truth is that I'm little better than all the people out there with Cloud/Sephiroth name variations. ._.;

Don't you dare say that! Highlander is awesome. Well the first one at least - the rest are guilty pleasures.

What I mean is, my name isn't "Ramirez." It's "Ramyrez."

"Ramirez" was taken.

And I just adjusted it to fit my needs. I'm sure Xxsephirothxxx would rather just be "Sephiroth." But so did like 90 other people.

Now, in fairness, on Seraph, when I started, "Ramirez" was a Japanese hume. Then I made Ramyrez, and then a Japanese elvaan had the name "Ramirez". Drove me nuts that I missed the gap to jump in and claim it.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-06-02 08:19:33  
wow how original naming your character after a character from another video ga-
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-06-02 08:33:47  
I really hope to god they don't merge us again.

Dynamis/etc. already is overpopulated at almost all times of day.

I want fewer people around me; not more ***.

Yesterday took nearly 2hr for me to /shout to fill up a Provenance run pt, that was on Fri night, best time to make VW ally. Any other day if I /shout for any VW I'm not going to get anyone.

It's *** hard to do any big group event like VW now unless you're JP. This game certainly needs more ppl.
By Solrain 2012-06-02 08:45:23  
Solrain said: »
The sad truth is that I'm little better than all the people out there with Cloud/Sephiroth name variations. ._.;

Don't you dare say that! Highlander is awesome. Well the first one at least - the rest are guilty pleasures.

What I mean is, my name isn't "Ramirez." It's "Ramyrez."

"Ramirez" was taken.

And I just adjusted it to fit my needs. I'm sure Xxsephirothxxx would rather just be "Sephiroth." But so did like 90 other people.

Now, in fairness, on Seraph, when I started, "Ramirez" was a Japanese hume. Then I made Ramyrez, and then a Japanese elvaan had the name "Ramirez". Drove me nuts that I missed the gap to jump in and claim it.

Ah gotcha. Still the "y" makes sense and doesn't look or sound too out of place with the name. If you had the xx's that'd be a different story! Unless you were straight edge I guess? I'd probably go with Solrayn if my name got taken in a merge but now that I wrote it out it looks stupid =/
By DANIEL10 2012-06-02 09:52:57  
Leviathan.Zanosuz said: »
To be honest, I think that's SE plan to not make big improvements to the game so people quit and try FFXIV or something else they made. Then they don't have to worry about constant updates on a 10yo game. They could do so much more with FFXI if they get rid of PS2 and XBOX support and just go to PC, but then you'll have people complain about that since it's been played on those systems for years and not everyone has a PC.

Idc if Ps2/Xbox360 drop...
I'll wait and see SE work on Ps3 for FF14...
I still play FFXI on Xbox360 awhile until whatever...
No Complain....
No hard feeling...
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Potpressure 2012-06-02 10:04:02  
Stop this topic, please. Before we all have a hand in the biggest mistake in the game since Puppetmaster!
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-06-02 10:04:51  
Odin.Potpressure said: »
Stop this topic, please. Before we all have a hand in the biggest mistake in the game since Puppetmaster!

Oi PUP rocks! :)
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Potpressure 2012-06-02 10:05:30  
You can lie to me all you want, but don't lie to yourself too!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [502 days between previous and next post]
By Unexpekted 2013-10-17 02:44:04  
400-500 ppl online at any given time on Valefor... I personally wouldn't mind to double or triple those numbers.. I miss old VW parties and large group activities... Some more than others but you get what I mean... I remember not too long ago 2k-3k ppl on at a time and PJ was brimming with ppl... Now 20 ppl in Port Jeuno or 80 in the entire region is something I thought I'd never see... Some things still require parties to do :) can't solo EVERYTHING
By Davorin 2013-10-17 05:27:00  
I like the idea of 'adding players to the server means more players for X event' but is that going to be the reality? I feel like the 2.5 hours it takes to fill a Vanasarvik shout to the bare minimum becomes 2 hours with a more populated server. No?
By Jogi 2013-10-17 07:00:48  
Sad to hear really ... Would suck is ffxi finally died...
 Phoenix.Michiiru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-10-17 07:11:33  
No offense, but if people can't get over the fact that these merges are important to the game's prolonged life and would rather debate about not being fair about their server getting merged, just get over it. I got merged from Remora to Leviathan, I got over it, you can too. If you have such a problem with this then you have no business playing this game, because your way of thinking is going to drive the final nail into XI's coffin.

I say merge the servers, otherwise people will continue to be bored and people will continue to leave due to this boredom.

(Sorry for the rant, that's all my opinion, doesn't have to be taken seriously, and sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.)
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-10-17 07:45:57  
As long as they don't merge asura with quetztrash @@
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-10-17 08:04:12  
Asura.Natenn said: »
As long as they just delete asura

ftfy
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-10-17 08:08:15  
Bring back pandemonium pls ;;
By fonewear 2013-10-17 08:11:41  
Look at it this way maybe you can come up with a more creative name when the servers merge.

No more X from previous server names...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-10-17 08:44:39  
This have been going on since last year, even before the ff14 2.0 beta.
By Jogi 2013-10-17 10:00:19  
Personally I wouldn't mind a merge. More people means more stuff going on. They're eventually going to have to do something...
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-10-17 10:05:58  
I wouldn't mind a merge either, although potential name changes are annoying. Three of my characters are safe, but one character has a name that is apparently shared on several servers.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-17 10:13:59  
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
This have been going on since last year, even before the ff14 2.0 beta.
Nope, the population took a severe drop quite recently and is only going down.
By Jogi 2013-10-17 10:14:55  
I wonder if people will eventually come back. Ffxiv is a good game, but IMO nothing compared to how ffxi used to be.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-10-17 10:17:11  
The biggest problem this time around on merges is that they'll have to likely condense multiple worlds into one, due to how far the population has fallen over the past few years.

With most servers usually hovering around 600ish outside of oddball JP prime time being 1k-2k depending on the server, I can see them throwing 3-5 servers this time around together, where it was just 2 in the past.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-17 10:17:12  
Some will when updates are released, but FFXI is hardly going to suddenly become popular. It's an old pay to play game, it's going to be losing more players than gaining.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-17 10:21:52  
It's quite a bit of both really. Vertical progression without a means to readily supply new content has seen people who finished gearing with nothing to do. The number of events that were relevant severely dropped in number. FFXIV is something fresh for people to play, since ffxi is completely stagnant.

Some may come back from XIV, but I know many have moved on and really couldn't care less about XI anymore. Adoulin would be fine if FFXI had a proper team working on it that could actually give us many different relevant events. Skirmish is simply catch up for people who can't do delve, and people who have cleared delve have nothing of value to do.
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-10-17 10:23:43  
Merges need to happen bad, no one is one and all of our good LS members left for 14

so instead of Killing Tojil in 25 mins and the others in 35, we can't even get Tojil to 50% in the full amount of time -_-
By Jogi 2013-10-17 10:28:47  
Well, it would certainly suck to see ffxi shutdown anytime soon..
By fonewear 2013-10-17 10:47:11  
Jogi said: »
Well, it would certainly suck to see ffxi shutdown anytime soon..

As much as I don't think I'll ever come back if somehow something amazing happens (big if) I would definitely come back for good content.
By itchi508 2013-10-17 10:47:24  
Most likely we wont see a merge at least until next update or even the following one after that :/ they prob want to see how many return before merging "expecting there ideas will bring people back with excitement" lol
XI isn't at end, idk why people think its over. There is 14-16 active servers left? About 2,000 active accounts on each? And probably 2,000 inactive.

Fenrir has 500-600 NA prime time
1k+ JP prime
Weekends maybe hit 1500 if lucky
Not to mention the people who play but have minimal time to play. Then add what 200+ rmt/bots & afk people?

Merge all, cut the amount of servers in half and double the population on the remaining 7-8 servers.
I think SE doesn't want to merge yet due to how many "may return" as it could over populate a server... which isn't true as back in 04-05 we had 3-4k average & spikes of 5-6k online durning weekends.
Just have to be patient, do the boring *** & hope the next updates bring something interesting & worth wile.
Farm Alex, Currency or Marrows, make a fun weapon to use on REM update or hoard it all and sell when there back in demand & price rises!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-17 10:48:40  
ffxi won't gain much of anything for new players, but it will regain old players if they add enough content.. i have people ask me about reactivating all the time and all i can tell them is that i honestly don't think they'd enjoy it at this stage

as far as 14, there are a myriad of problems that prevent it from being a good game, it just launched during a time when there weren't any other new mmos launching and got the entirety of the 'try-every-mmo' crowd

i wouldn't expect their sub numbers to stay for long, but doubt they'll be coming back to xi in swarms either

overall, i think se is just waiting on november update and xiv bubble to decide whether they need to merge 2:1 3:1 or even 4+:1 instead of doing too large of a merge and having returning players create unexpected problems

they probably also have some infrastructure to update before doing a merge, since all delve and salv instances share some resources and there were times not too long ago where it couldn't keep up(TP moves going through without readying, etc, did people forget about those problems as soon as the population dropped?).
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12