Incoming Server Merge?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 10:08:08  
I keep playing XI and I keep enjoying the majority of the time I spend in Vana'diel. But it's a massive time sink and while that has been largely ok, recently I've noticed myself sort of feeling held back by it.

Where I used to not mind missing out on other things while I play XI instead, now there are times where I'm doing something regularly scheduled with my ls or friends in XI and I find myself going, “Ugh. Well, there goes my free time for the night.”

But it’s impossible to divorce the things I enjoy from the things I “have” to do otherwise in XI. And that’s really starting to become a drag.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Potpressure 2012-06-01 10:26:36  
This topic is bad, stop giving SE ideas! I'm sure most people that play this game beyond EXP does not want a server merger. On Odin I've seen overpopulation (Odin was closed due to overpopulation at its height) and seen the server drop to very low numbers. Having seen all that, I think things are just fine the way they are now.

I can't speak for those of you on other servers, but Odin is very much alive and active. All day and night people are out /sh'n for VW and random stuff. The main LS's on the server still do events all the time. Odin has been merged in the past. Not sure how many times but most recently with Ifrit and it has been great. Also, while the server has lost a lot of people, we still have a lot of Odin veterans, and even some veteran Linkshells. LimitBreak is still doing events every day and has been an endgame LS on Odin for at least 8 years.

So since some of you are noticing low populations, maybe go on the SE forums and post something about it. Personally, I think Odin is fine for now. The server is very active and I see new names all the time, so it's not the same groups of people doing stuff.

Hope you all make it through the storm.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 10:34:44  
Odin.Potpressure said: »
This topic is bad, stop giving SE ideas! I'm sure most people that play this game beyond EXP does not want a server merger. On Odin I've seen overpopulation (Odin was closed due to overpopulation at its height) and seen the server drop to very low numbers. Having seen all that, I think things are just fine the way they are now. I can't speak for those of you on other servers, but Odin is very much alive and active. All day and night people are out /sh'n for VW and random stuff. The main LS's on the server still do events all the time. Odin has been merged in the past. Not sure how many times but most recently with Ifrit and it has been great. Also, while the server has lost a lot of people, we still have a lot of Odin veterans, and even some veteran Linkshells. LimitBreak is still doing events every day and has been an endgame LS on Odin for at least 8 years. So since some of you are noticing low populations, maybe go on the SE forums and post something about it. Personally, I think Odin is fine for now. The server is very active and I see new names all the time, so it's not the same groups of people doing stuff. Hope you all make it through the storm.

Ultimately this is whatI'm saying. Bismarck is ok -- borderline too many people for me -- as it is. We certainly don't need more bodies.
 Asura.Waldrich
サーバ: Asura
user: Valentine
By Asura.Waldrich 2012-06-01 10:44:06  
The Truth: the PS2 limitation will kill this game.
or they fix those limitations or this game will die.

they're DELAYING the PS3 release on FFXIV for the same reason.
Without PS3 version on FFXIV: NOW everything is possible, you just need to read the roadmap to see that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-06-01 10:46:10  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Ultimately this is what I'm saying. Bismarck is ok -- borderline too many people for me -- as it is. We certainly don't need more bodies.

We are better then Ok :P

More Latinos on Bismarck would be nice like back in the days. :p
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-01 10:49:59  
Odin has a lot of people, and I hardly find myself bored and with nothing to do, but maybe that's just me and my ADD pushing me around in the game, Idk.

I'd rather see issues such as double/triple alt chars fish botting or people cheating their way through events addressed. Then again, this is just a small rant of mine, and SE could not afford losing those very clients who pay SE the most for their mules' mules.

So getting back to the topic, I guess what I'd like to see is a decrease in population rather than a merge and consequent increase in population.

We don't need a server merge. We need new things to do that are not related to a refurbished event from the past.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-06-01 10:51:13  
Lakshmi.Alryc said: »
Would be nice if they killed the game. Every time I consider quitting I say to myself "but what will I do when I'm really really bored?" which is a silly question cuz it's not like I'm not bored on XI. Just don't have the will power to quit lol. I haven't played in about a week or so now and that's easy to do but actually canceling the subscription, now that's a toughy.

dooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 10:54:17  
Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
Ultimately this is what I'm saying. Bismarck is ok -- borderline too many people for me -- as it is. We certainly don't need more bodies.
We are better then Ok :P More Latinos on Bismarck would be nice like back in the days. :p

Seraph was great the way it was. The merger with Bismarck gave us too many people, imo. After the merger, look how bad "old" Dynamis was until they changed it.

It was hell trying to get into zones without drama.

Edit: Also; I'm not Latino. I know I get that conversation about once a month due to my name, but it's really just a Highlander rip off. I've been using the name Ramirez/Ramyrez as an online handle since like 1996. The sad truth is that I'm little better than all the people out there with Cloud/Sephiroth name variations. ._.;
 Lakshmi.Alryc
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-06-01 10:58:00  
xxSephirothxCloudxx

Best. Name. Ever.

Edit: oh wait

XxSephirothxCloudxX

Even. Better. Than. The. Best. Name. Ever.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-06-01 11:06:18  
Seraph was great the way it was. The merger with Bismarck gave us too many people, imo. After the merger, look how bad "old" Dynamis was until they changed it.

It was hell trying to get into zones without drama.

This how I felt when the merge happen.. LOL

Afterwards, I choose smith side... Me, me, me, me too!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-06-01 15:46:19  
We are better then Ok :P More Latinos on Bismarck would be nice like back in the days. :p
Edit: Also; I'm not Latino. I know I get that conversation about once a month due to my name, but it's really just a Highlander rip off. I've been using the name Ramirez/Ramyrez as an online handle since like 1996.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-06-01 16:01:55  
i have a feeling that sometime this year we are getting new zones or early next year.

the time line thing they put out back some months said something pointing to this i would need to find it and look at it again to be sure but i think something is comeing.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-01 16:15:52  
Maybe merge some of the smaller servers?

After reading kawars latest post I remembered the Block feature, yay!
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-01 16:42:27  
Arguing that they shouldn't merge because it would congest all the activities that have degenerated into solo fare only illustrates how bad things have become. If your only concern in a massively multiplayer game is how an increase in population will adversely affect everything you do by yourself, then I think it's safe to say the game is dead. You're just among the people who haven't moved on yet.

I really hope they'll release an offline mode before they shut the servers down. It's what most people are playing already.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-01 16:44:43  
Everything I do is affected by other people. I don't know what game you're playing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-01 16:46:46  
not this one
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-01 16:47:00  

I hope that they merge Fenrir and Bismarck so we can be together again.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-01 16:52:09  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I hope they merge Fenrir and anything but bismark so we actually have currency/alex to buy.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-06-01 17:08:52  
Honestly, I'm not even seeing the decrease in population. Where is this even coming from? There's 2k+ on bismarck during prime time like always.
[+]
 Odin.Akhilleus
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2012-06-01 17:36:19  
I quit just under a year ago due to family reasons, I have seen the game go through all of its transitions from the 75 cap and have to say that it has been chequered and almost staggered in terms of meaningful content input.

Since Abyssea, which I got into deeply, I hear there has been no additional content at this time, now.. I don't think so much it is the lack of additional content personally I think the older content needed to be streamlined and integrated into the new 99 cap but I think with Square Enix's resourceful workforce's focus 'obviously' distracted by more potentially profitable ventures it has fallen by the wayside.

Although the fan base of FFXI is very much loyal and to a degree fanatical it is an old game and there is only so much you can do with it nowadays even if FFXIV was a massive pile of steaming ***you cannot polish a turd (FFXI) but as it seems you can attempt to spray it gold and unfortunately that is what I suspect SE are doing to the detriment of few to supplement the masses with newer, sensational and more profitable titles, personally I will miss FFXI for the rest of living memory, even after I year I still return, it was the greatest game I ever played. God bless.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-01 18:17:44  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Honestly, I'm not even seeing the decrease in population. Where is this even coming from? There's 2k+ on bismarck during prime time like always.

Because bismarck is reflective of all servers ...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-06-01 19:02:15  
weird that you mention that Elyont Eltoyu. In fenrir we had rmt cleaves where the shout guy was always Elynor Enyo Elnyo etc. name was changing every 2 weeks or so, but the cleaver was always the same. lol
By Zenaku14 2012-06-01 19:23:45  
FFXIV 2.0 is only 4 month away but ffxi team and FFXIV team not the same so i think they still can do something for ffxi i would say drop the ps2 upgrade the look of ffxi a little and release the far east the cat homeland the gigs homeland and few other things and you can keep the game alive for other 1-2years/
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-01 19:30:30  
not for 12.95 they can't.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-06-02 00:40:44  

Leviathan.Zanosuz
サーバ: Leviathan
user: zanosuz
By Leviathan.Zanosuz 2012-06-02 00:58:45  
To be honest, I think that's SE plan to not make big improvements to the game so people quit and try FFXIV or something else they made. Then they don't have to worry about constant updates on a 10yo game. They could do so much more with FFXI if they get rid of PS2 and XBOX support and just go to PC, but then you'll have people complain about that since it's been played on those systems for years and not everyone has a PC.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-06-02 01:14:40  
Leviathan.Zanosuz said: »
To be honest, I think that's SE plan to not make big improvements to the game so people quit and try FFXIV or something else they made. Then they don't have to worry about constant updates on a 10yo game.

I really doubt that a large corporation run by sane people would deliberately allow a cash-flow source to tank to try and improve performance in a competing division. To do something that short-sighted would be a sign of a company out of touch with the current game industry, or so centered on salvaging pride they were willing to sacrifice all they'd built to gamble on a new idea.

/looks at everything SE has released since H. Sakaguchi left the company

Oh, carry on then.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-02 02:52:20  

I miss you.
By Solrain 2012-06-02 07:02:38  
The sad truth is that I'm little better than all the people out there with Cloud/Sephiroth name variations. ._.;

Don't you dare say that! Highlander is awesome. Well the first one at least - the rest are guilty pleasures.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12