Incoming Server Merge?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-17 17:58:55  
Leviathan.Gempig said: »
You should 9box the foret de hentennial wildskeeper reive, I need that win, thanks.

Thought you got all 3 from us? PM if not.
[+]
 Leviathan.Gempig
user: gempig1
By Leviathan.Gempig 2013-10-17 18:10:26  
I did which thanks again for them. I meant the shark you fight in the wildskeeper reive.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-17 18:18:24  
Ohhh, what's the colonization rate now? They are doable low man But it takes a while
 Leviathan.Gempig
user: gempig1
By Leviathan.Gempig 2013-10-17 18:27:35  
only 31% right now, that would take too long huh?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2013-10-17 19:18:09  
Jos could solo it! Well back to topic. I would say merge those servers with less than 1K people on at prime times.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-10-17 19:34:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Marael said: »
Delve - has basically taken the grind for relic weapons cut all of the difficulty and sense of accomplishment out of it, and combined it with the old days of camping HNMs, again with all of the difficulty and accomplishment out of it, and all of the difficulty and comraderie provided by camping and claiming them. It's a soulless shadow of what endgame used to be, and I have NEVER, not even once, not from anyone, anywhere, heard anyone say that it was in the slightest bit fun. Most people actively hate it, but do it anyway because they want the gear.
You've got to be trolling at least a little bit. I could understand someone feeling this way if they started doing 5+B after the easymode buffs with boss-geared players and all strategies discovered, but it was extremely fun and exciting initially.
[+]
 Bahamut.Blittz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: tripletee
By Bahamut.Blittz 2013-10-17 19:36:57  
Im down to fight the shark in WKR. Im down for.anything at this poimt to keep this game alive lol.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-10-17 20:11:49  
Merging the servers after seeing the amount of people coming back (Maybe) is the best option, OR merge before (But not like a week before, that'd be a dumb move) and lighten the blow so people can get used to it earlier instead of later.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-17 20:19:09  
Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
Merging the servers after seeing the amount of people coming back (Maybe) is the best option, OR merge before (But not like a week before, that'd be a dumb move) and lighten the blow so people can get used to it earlier instead of later.

What people?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2013-10-17 20:46:06  
REM's are easy to get playing alone everyday. suji is right, though. the new sense of accomplishment is getting to be that person that everyone goes "ALRIGHT THIS GUYS IN THE PT WERE GOING TO WIN" when you join any party. this proof of work is far greater than any material item can give in this game. the people who quit because of their relic/emps/mythics becoming obsolete will not be getting a spot in a goddamn party i make till they prove themselves to be good on multiple jobs.
By Davorin 2013-10-18 02:11:31  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I'm surprised SE hasn't addressed this with a simple yes or no. first server merge didn't go over well but that was a long time ago in terms of ffxi's life. 17 servers is too many, and for a company constantly in the red, it makes perfect sense to cut the number down to 10.

SE can't hear you, too busy working on the linkshell community site.
[+]
By fonewear 2013-10-18 09:26:50  
FFXI new accomplishment: See how long you can stay subscribed with no content worth doing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-10-18 09:47:53  
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
REM's are easy to get playing alone everyday. suji is right, though. the new sense of accomplishment is getting to be that person that everyone goes "ALRIGHT THIS GUYS IN THE PT WERE GOING TO WIN" when you join any party. this proof of work is far greater than any material item can give in this game. the people who quit because of their relic/emps/mythics becoming obsolete will not be getting a spot in a goddamn party i make till they prove themselves to be good on multiple jobs.

Which implies that I need you at all. I fully upgraded skirmish v2 gear and stored half of my "hard won" (ie ***it took me 2 days with a group to get from delve bosses) stuff, that i had obtained the week before, with my roommate and my mule in less than a week. The "I can beat this game in a week" comment wasn't a joke or a hyperbole. I came back from a 2-3 month hack restoral and replaced 11 years worth of gear in 2 weeks. I "accidentally" fully geared my drk with delve boss etc gear while going from "abyssea burned naked cor" to "best possible gear barring grossly situational RME cor" in less than 1 months subscription.

IE: I beat 3 months worth of "content" in 2 weeks. There's no point to go back and salvage because the "good sidegrade" gear from SV2 is already obsolete. Relic and AF+1 gear are right out. Even meebles gear is ***aside from a RUN idle piece (lol).

The point is that at least before i could find a vaguely situational use for some pieces from old content. When I beat the piss poor attempt that Matsui tier content is in a week, at least I had old ***i could find a reason to get. Now, this dipshit of a producer, has set an irreversible precedent for the gear. If they make new content that you can't do with 2 players and 2 mules, the "newfriends" will piss and moan (and it won't even bring back any of the already disenfranchised players who left). If you refuse to let me join your group because of your "i stuck around to pay for 4 months to get 2 weeks of content" plan, ill just wait an extra week for the skirmish v4 gear that replaces the delve v3 gear you were excluding me from.

Matsui should have to put on his resume "the man who finally accomplished in 1-2 updates what many reviled dev teams/producers failed at before: being ffxi's terminal cancer".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-10-18 09:50:31  
That being said, I have no intention of even doing that. You can assume I'm playing devil's advocate or venting butthurt because in the end I'm not even going to be asking to join whatever group is attempting new "content".
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-18 09:55:30  
it's cute how he thinks he can be selective over nothing more than pride in a game with essentially no playerbase

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Keeley
By Phoenix.Keeley 2013-10-18 10:20:59  
No one is coming back to this game. SE has not released any solid details as to what the REM's will look like 100%. It is more than likely they will be a straight upgrade. Even if they are not, why would anyone come back to upgrade their REM just to stand around and have nothing to do?

At this point, I think the majority of people still playing are simply just collecting items out of boredom. What is so negative about a server merger? Increased competition? Yet, so many people say they like that? Server lag? From what? More mules to stand around and suck up bandwidth?

I wouldn't worry about FF14 either. Once it loses its glitter, that game will tank too.
[+]
By fonewear 2013-10-18 10:23:40  
Yea I can't defend XIV I played beta and knew after a few weeks it was just like every other MMO I've played. Yes it looks nice and was fun for a bit but I got extremely bored with the FATE system and extremely repetitive quests like every MMO out there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-10-18 11:18:51  
Phoenix.Keeley said: »
No one is coming back to this game. SE has not released any solid details as to what the REM's will look like 100%. It is more than likely they will be a straight upgrade. Even if they are not, why would anyone come back to upgrade their REM just to stand around and have nothing to do?

At this point, I think the majority of people still playing are simply just collecting items out of boredom. What is so negative about a server merger? Increased competition? Yet, so many people say they like that? Server lag? From what? More mules to stand around and suck up bandwidth?

I wouldn't worry about FF14 either. Once it loses its glitter, that game will tank too.
Ah those overplayed manthra brd-whm mules
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-18 13:02:25  
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »

Its amusing to see people like this still exist, I was going to respond to this ffxi tough guy, but I let it go, which is fortunate because I couldn't have put it any better than Ashman did.

Anyways, SE just needs to come out say 1 of 2 things. Yes, there is a server merge inbound on this date OR No, there isn't a server merge planned at this time, however we are planning to allow people to transfer for free for X amount of time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-18 13:25:38  

14 is pretty much same issue with SoA FFXI.....endgame has 0 longevity, with upcoming update lower tier than current highest tier. If it's not because of Mythology cap that slowed ppl down we'd see everyone 6/6 IL90 on all jobs already.

SE needs to stop making instant gratification MMO if they want to keep MMO alive for more than 10 years.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-18 13:42:51  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Marael said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I'm tired of re-hashed crap that has been out for years, give us something new.

Wut.

Delve - has basically taken the grind for relic weapons cut all of the difficulty and sense of accomplishment out of it, and combined it with the old days of camping HNMs, again with all of the difficulty and accomplishment out of it, and all of the difficulty and comraderie provided by camping and claiming them. It's a soulless shadow of what endgame used to be, and I have NEVER, not even once, not from anyone, anywhere, heard anyone say that it was in the slightest bit fun. Most people actively hate it, but do it anyway because they want the gear.

Delve was awesome and before everyone capped on gear and gear got a huge update; itwas too hard formost group/people; the only real issue with it is the reward are 100% so peoplecap on reward before the next tier (if it ever come out?) and got bored and quit.

Delve is content designed to be instant gratification.....it was fun the first time you beat it with your group....and that's it....a hard short term goal.

The game however, needs more than hard short term goal to stay alive. When the entire game is delve only, you make delve hard= 95% of player that can't clear will quit due to nothing else to do and delve too hard for them. Make delve easy = everyone beat it and quit after cap gear.

There's just no way out, hard or easy ppl will still quit because entire game only has 1 content(and it's 3 hours worth of content) to do.

Since they can't create 3 new content every 3 months, the most effective way is to keep old content alive. Everyone been yelling in forum about not wanting to do 2004 content, want to "move on", sadly SE just can't create content fast enough, making 2004 content alive is the most efficient way to keep ppl around.

SE shouldn't have outdate RME to begin with, it's not about RME owner QQ, it's about have some accomplishment avg players can do for more than 3 months.
By itchi508 2013-10-18 13:58:32  
Only way to keep that short term content alive "longer" w/o increasng or decreasing the challenge is to limit the entrance to once every 24hours.
Just like Einherjar Salvage Dyna Limbus or NI. If we where allowed to enter those back in the day freely w/o restrictions that content would have been cleared just as fast. Reason it lasted was the minimal entrances allowed per day/week.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-18 14:08:54  
Just saw this on OF:

Okipuit said:

Good morning,

We understand that some of you would prefer having more equipment choices made available through various content. Moving forward, a variety of new equipment will be implemented and this will give you more options to choose from laterally. We'll be introducing new content where this equipment can be obtained, and we'll also be adding them to existing content as well.

We know you're all interested in the artifact armor revamps as well, so we'd like to let you know the latest development is that we plan to set their item levels to be the same as geomancer and rune fencer AF.

So they do know what's wrong with SoA FFXI! I hope they remove all that vertical gear progression ***in XI.....I had enough of them in XIV I don't want anymore.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-18 14:33:41  
itchi508 said: »
Only way to keep that short term content alive "longer" w/o increasng or decreasing the challenge is to limit the entrance to once every 24hours.
Just like Einherjar Salvage Dyna Limbus or NI. If we where allowed to enter those back in the day freely w/o restrictions that content would have been cleared just as fast. Reason it lasted was the minimal entrances allowed per day/week.

The game needs more than 1 content if they're placing time limit though. Ein/salvage/dyna/limbus worked in pre-abyssea because players still as tons to do when waiting for cool down. You can do Ein 2 days a week, salvage 2 or nyzul 1~2 days a week, dyna 2 days a week and limbus too. So you have stuff to do everyday.

Even if delve has cool down, ppl would still get bored because out of 7 days, 5 days you can't do delve and every other content not worth doing.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-10-18 14:44:01  
Except: they charge the same as companies that actually keep up with the content cycle.

Square was a company that was run as "give the gamer what they want and hire people who know something about gaming and the mentality". The company is now run with a "push the product with as much profit as possible regardless of player satisfaction". They charge the same as (im sorry for using this example but it works with any company here) Blizzard but put out 1/10th the content. I've heard Mists of whatevermacallit was a huge dissapointment, but at least it was CONTENT. Can you imagine if Blizzard put out a WoW expansion that had 1 town, 3 missions and an obvious timesink to buy them time to finish the content? It would be gaming front page news.

SE is making poor decisions. They started to get into serious financial trouble and started making WORSE ones. Keep MMO price same but cut DEV. Move focus of company-wide development into the mobile phone app market. Instead of making a good RP, take the dumb skank from a poor storied, mildly successful money grab that was 13th in a series of game (and thus has return customers who still will take 4-5 more salps in the face) and fan service the ***out of her.

Seriously lol. I keep popping in to say one thing and end up ranting for 50 lines. It just frustrates me that a company that brought so much joy to my life is running ***like they WANT to go out of business. It's like the video game version of my best friend *** my wife.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12