Incoming Server Merge?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
By spryte 2013-10-17 10:52:51  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
as far as 14, there are a myriad of problems that prevent it from being a good game, it just launched during a time when there weren't any other new mmos launching and got the entirety of the 'try-every-mmo' crowd

Is that the only problem you see with 14? lol

srs question
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-17 11:05:12  
spryte said: »
Is that the only problem you see with 14? lol

srs question
i said it has a myriad of problems and gave a reason it has subscribers anyway, that wasn't even a description of a problem

-There is 0 class customization. You don't have builds, you don't have merits, and the ability to set other job's skills is minimal and more or less preset by job.

-It has one of the smallest item pools any MMO has ever had, there's only one piece of equipment per tier for each gear slot before 90. You're wearing the same ***as everyone else at every progression.

-They have more or less one valid dungeon per tier, so you have to grind the same instance over and over to move up to the next tier. At least they added some variety recently, but not enough.

-Server security is pathetic. There've been 4 seperate infinite gil exploits, 2 exploits that allow you to create any item out of thin air, 2 instant(ish) level cap exploits, and countless smaller ones. It's incredibly easy to make bots for, and 2 months in it already has tools as available and advanced as those XI has grown accustomed to.

-Account security is pathetic. You can pull a running xiv instance's launch arguments and use the session ID in it to hijack an account. This can be done without using any processes a virus scanner will look for. Easiest account theft in mmo history.

-2.5 second global cooldown makes it feel turn-based. It's an interesting thought, but it's much less fun to play for a large portion of people.

-Server polls your position at set intervals, resulting in a much less dynamic movement processing. In a game where the largest mechanic for most fights is stepping out of aoes, adding even a couple hundred ms to movement is very bad design.

-A lot of people call XIV a WoW clone, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, it's classes have less balance and less variety than WoW did at launch. This is a game that was designed like 11 years ago, that didn't need a second chance. If you're going to try to copy something and compete in it's market, you need to improve on it.

-Exp system is incredibly poorly designed. You can only properly level one job with quests, leaving the rest to be done spamming FATE.. events that are often so flooded you can't even see the mob you're fighting. On a side note, culling out mobs over players is one of the worst design flaws I've ever seen. It doesn't deserve it's own entry, since it'll presumably be fixed, but still absurd.

-Party sizes for raids are bizarre. Needing a tank and healer for only 2 dps in 4 man raids guarantees long dungeon finder waits for those raids. DPS are most plentiful in almost all MMOs, a larger party size would allow more DPS into fights without needing additional healers or tanks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-10-17 12:03:47  
Look at the op. Also theres have been several threads about low populations complains @ official foruns. Much before ff14 beta started.

Ff14 decreased the population by a lot tho. But my point is that ff11 have been in major decline before that.
 Valefor.Mattyc
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-10-17 12:10:58  
i really dont think a server merge is going to happen, people are taking break off 11 because they are bored of sitting on their ***, or beating delves they have beaten countless times. The only ones left playing on here are majority the people who cannot get their wins, and people wont merc delve because most every ls is hit by boredom, so the majority go day by day and hope for a delve run where they win and get access to weapons and armor, the reason why i doubt server merge is inc. is because once update hits next month the server will be re-populated with people *upgrading 99'n REM's* and other new events, after people get that done, get bored THEN i would think following would induce a server merge, people constantly complain about 11 and 14, if your tired of playing then find something else to do, if there is nothing else to do, find things to keep you preoccupied on either game, (there is plenty of things to do on ffxi still) and if that doesn't work, then go play hello kitty island.
By Spiraboo 2013-10-17 12:26:40  
Possible but hard to say. A lot of people play because of it is a habit/addiction. If they are taking a break due to lack of content -> habit broken and found other hobbies to kill time -> not too keen to get back in the game.

I guess we will find out in November <O>
[+]
By fonewear 2013-10-17 13:19:12  
Valefor.Mattyc said: »
i really dont think a server merge is going to happen, people are taking break off 11 because they are bored of sitting on their ***, or beating delves they have beaten countless times. The only ones left playing on here are majority the people who cannot get their wins, and people wont merc delve because most every ls is hit by boredom, so the majority go day by day and hope for a delve run where they win and get access to weapons and armor, the reason why i doubt server merge is inc. is because once update hits next month the server will be re-populated with people *upgrading 99'n REM's* and other new events, after people get that done, get bored THEN i would think following would induce a server merge, people constantly complain about 11 and 14, if your tired of playing then find something else to do, if there is nothing else to do, find things to keep you preoccupied on either game, (there is plenty of things to do on ffxi still) and if that doesn't work, then go play hello kitty island.

To summarize hello kitty island > XI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toDnQG7b8eU
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-17 13:24:15  
I think it makes sense they'd wait for new year before eventually merging servers(feb or march maybe), but even with the update to old stuff and new events the ratio people who will reactivate to those who left won't repopulate the servers much. You're not gonna see the subscribers doubled after being halved...I believe merging in the near future would be a good idea.
By fonewear 2013-10-17 13:27:15  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I think it makes sense they'd wait for new year before eventually merging servers(feb or march maybe), but even with the update to old stuff and new events the ratio people who will reactivate to those who left won't repopulate the servers much. You're not gonna see the subscribers doubled after being halved...I believe merging in the near future would be a good idea.

The question is will you still be playing in Feb. March ?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-17 13:29:26  
Unless something really awesome is being added I plan on reactivating only on months they release chunks of storyline, all I care about now is just that and exploring the new places. If things stay like this or similar I somehow doubt I'll get back into endgame.
By Unexpekted 2013-10-17 13:37:22  
Jogi said: »
I wonder if people will eventually come back. Ffxiv is a good game, but IMO nothing compared to how ffxi used to be.

I hope so, I have an account on both but I don't feel the need to progress in XIV like I do in XI...
 Phoenix.Keeley
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Keeley 2013-10-17 15:27:53  
Currently there are 17 servers. If SE would simply reduce that to 8, there would be a lot more people to play with. There is also a severe lack of content in this game too. I'm tired of re-hashed crap that has been out for years, give us something new.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-10-17 16:22:03  
Phoenix.Keeley said: »
Currently there are 17 servers. If SE would simply reduce that to 8, there would be a lot more people to play with. There is also a severe lack of content in this game too. I'm tired of re-hashed crap that has been out for years, give us something new.
this
 Quetzalcoatl.Marael
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Marael
By Quetzalcoatl.Marael 2013-10-17 16:51:50  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I'm tired of re-hashed crap that has been out for years, give us something new.

Wut.

Reives - Are not even trying to hide the fact that they're just rehashed campaign battles. This is nothing new and most people got sick of it day 1. This includes wildskeepers.

Skirmish - Is rehashed Assault material, and not very fun assault material at that. Few people even bothered with it at all and simply went straight into Delve.

Skirmish II - Is just as boring as Skirmish I, and feels more like an easier way to get gear on par with Delve gear for those of us who want things handed to them without even a token challenge involved.

Delve - has basically taken the grind for relic weapons cut all of the difficulty and sense of accomplishment out of it, and combined it with the old days of camping HNMs, again with all of the difficulty and accomplishment out of it, and all of the difficulty and comraderie provided by camping and claiming them. It's a soulless shadow of what endgame used to be, and I have NEVER, not even once, not from anyone, anywhere, heard anyone say that it was in the slightest bit fun. Most people actively hate it, but do it anyway because they want the gear.

Coalitions - Again, are simply a rehash of campaign ops, which, in turn, were a rehash of assaults. This would not be so bad if you were not FORCED to do them to progress in the story, and lower wildskeeper costs.

So, tell me, which part were you unclear on about all new content simply being rehashes of old content and BOOOOOOOOOOORING as hell?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-10-17 17:04:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Marael said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I'm tired of re-hashed crap that has been out for years, give us something new.

Wut.

Delve - has basically taken the grind for relic weapons cut all of the difficulty and sense of accomplishment out of it, and combined it with the old days of camping HNMs, again with all of the difficulty and accomplishment out of it, and all of the difficulty and comraderie provided by camping and claiming them. It's a soulless shadow of what endgame used to be, and I have NEVER, not even once, not from anyone, anywhere, heard anyone say that it was in the slightest bit fun. Most people actively hate it, but do it anyway because they want the gear.

Delve was awesome and before everyone capped on gear and gear got a huge update; itwas too hard formost group/people; the only real issue with it is the reward are 100% so peoplecap on reward before the next tier (if it ever come out?) and got bored and quit.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-17 17:09:02  
I'm surprised SE hasn't addressed this with a simple yes or no. first server merge didn't go over well but that was a long time ago in terms of ffxi's life. 17 servers is too many, and for a company constantly in the red, it makes perfect sense to cut the number down to 10.
 Asura.Jogi
サーバ: Asura
user: Jogi
By Asura.Jogi 2013-10-17 17:09:44  
New content would definitely be nice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Marael
user: Marael
By Quetzalcoatl.Marael 2013-10-17 17:13:03  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Delve was awesome and before everyone capped on gear and gear got a huge update; itwas too hard formost group/people; the only real issue with it is the reward are 100% so peoplecap on reward before the next tier (if it ever come out?) and got bored and quit.

Delve was never awesome, and it took all of a month for most people to completely master it. Do you happen to remember the old days where you could camp a HNM for days and then take 4-5 hours to kill it with multiple alliances working on it? Yeah, Delve is a piss poor shadow of that, and the fact that everyone both completed it and got sick of it so quickly only goes to show. Again, even when Delve was new, i have NEVER, not even once, heard anyone say they liked doing it. I have heard many, many, many, MANY people express their utter hatred for it from day one, however.
By Jogi 2013-10-17 17:17:22  
Even revamped content was better than nothing. I really enjoyed NNI.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-17 17:22:29  
Delve was never awesome, and it took all of a month for most people to completely master it.
Delve was added May 12. Your server's first merc service was for Tojil only, on June 27. They were the only NA shell capable of killing it at that time. Your server did not have a public merc for the other 2 bosses posted until September. It's the same many places, 1-2 shells per server could clear before the gear buff.

Quote:
Do you happen to remember the old days where you could camp a HNM for days and then take 4-5 hours to kill it with multiple alliances working on it?
i remember doing jorm with 8 people in 90 min, others have done it with less/faster.. likewise for tiamat, surely you aren't going to say kings are epic battles..? rose tinted goggles everywhere, all the old content was pathetic if you had any semblance of organization

Quote:
Yeah, Delve is a piss poor shadow of that, and the fact that everyone both completed it and got sick of it so quickly only goes to show. Again, even when Delve was new, i have NEVER, not even once, heard anyone say they liked doing it. I have heard many, many, many, MANY people express their utter hatred for it from day one, however.
On Leviathan, only Dryroot and a static I made cleared any of them before the DEX patch(free 30 accuracy for MNKs, the primary DD, who often weren't accuracy capped). After the DEX patch failed to get people winning, they added another 150-250 accuracy, ~25-30% damage taken, and a heap of magic evasion to gear people had already acquired. Surely you can't compare original Delve to what it was reduced to after SE listened to casuals' cries for accessibility..

Pre-buffs, it took practice and at least 16 to clear. Using the same characters and the same gear I had pre-buff, I can 9box them. It's not even the same ballpark. Nobody in my shell was bored when they were hard. After the buffs turned them into a joke, people quit in droves because it was too easy to cap out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-17 17:27:21  
Wrong, we cleared it as well. Wrong facts as usual.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-17 17:29:46  
You failed how many attempts before you cleared? I'm relatively sure you didn't get one until after DEX patch, but it's hardly relevant to the topic at hand.

They were difficult fights before the patches, they aren't now.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-17 17:29:49  

Delve was never awesome, and it took all of a month for most people to completely master it. Do you happen to remember the old days where you could camp a HNM for days and then take 4-5 hours to kill it with multiple alliances working on it? Yeah, Delve is a piss poor shadow of that, and the fact that everyone both completed it and got sick of it so quickly only goes to show. Again, even when Delve was new, i have NEVER, not even once, heard anyone say they liked doing it. I have heard many, many, many, MANY people express their utter hatred for it from day one, however.

This is just wrong on so many levels. Ignoring most of it, many people liked the difficulty delve was at to start.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-17 17:33:26  
You failed how many attempts before you cleared? I'm relatively sure you didn't get one until after DEX patch, but it's hardly relevant to the topic at hand.

They were difficult fights before the patches, they aren't now.

I'm just correcting your wrong statement. Also i'm sure people didn't quit your shell or group just out of boredom, probably also because of your personality and fetishes
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-17 17:34:39  
Sorry, let the record show that you managed a clear before the nerf, making you what, world 50th? I was illustrating a point, a point that you agree with for that matter, is your ego really that inflated?

My group has been 90% the same players since 2006. I'm still in contact with most of those who've quit. How many of your members had their pearl at this time last year? For that matter, remember when half your mages asked me to make a group so they could escape YOUR toxic personality?

You've brought up my fetish on here like a half dozen times, why do you think anyone cares? Why should anyone be ashamed of what they find sexy? I enjoy being peed on by women. I'll drink it too if it's dilute enough. It's not only a pathetic attempt at ad-hominem, it's not anything anyone should be offended by. I don't like picturing anal sex between two men, but I would never say it detracted from someone's character to be gay.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-10-17 17:35:03  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »

This is just wrong on so many levels. Ignoring most of it, many people liked the difficulty delve was at to start.

Thing with Quetz players is, if you can't do it via shouts, it sucks. Delve was actually great when you needed capable players and good coordination.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-17 17:38:59  
Sorry, let the record show that you managed a clear before the nerf, making you what, world 50th? I was illustrating a point, a point that you agree with for that matter, is your ego really that inflated?

You are one to talk. I agree with it but it just wasn't factual and i'm sure that was intentional.
 Leviathan.Gempig
user: gempig1
By Leviathan.Gempig 2013-10-17 17:45:58  
You should 9box the foret de hentennial wildskeeper reive, I need that win, thanks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-17 17:48:15  
15m and you'll have win in less than an hour~

or ask draylo, he's doing it for free for everyone
 Lakshmi.Kathee
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2013-10-17 17:54:39  
I want Lakshmi to merge with Leviathan, I would put an app in to Draylo's shell and not have to worry about leaving friends behind!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12