フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 398 399 400 ... 445 446 447
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-11 10:31:21  
I should make a Thib but I'd need to see a parse to convince me.
By SimonSes 2020-11-11 10:36:10  
Taint said: »
Thibron works on such a huge threshold of content that is rare I use any other offhand. I use Almace as well during that rare occassion. It pairs well with some opening combos.

3000tp Expiacion; CDC > CDC > Light: Requiescat > Expiacion> Darkness spam.

I do that to get Requiescat back in the proper order without crippling DPS from a Expiacion> Requiescat > Darkness combo.

If I'm just spamming Expiacion then Thibron is being used, its that good even without capped ACC.

Why not simply use CA Trashing Assault after Expiacion?

Expiacion > Trashing (Fusion) -> Requiescat (Gravitation) -> Expiacion (Darkness) and you have 4 step darkness as opener and can continue with Requiescat > Expiacion spam.
By SimonSes 2020-11-11 10:41:24  
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »

Parse of what? Parses lie unless they are made by same people in very controlled environment. Also Tizona/Thibron vs other offhand is one of the most obvious feeling in the game when comparing stuff. When your WS goes from like 20k+ avg to 40k+ avg and your white damage is only lower by maybe few k top. Its not something that needs parse, even if you want to compare it in practical way, because you don't believe in what sheet is showing.
[+]
By Taint 2020-11-11 10:42:38  
SimonSes said: »
Taint said: »
Thibron works on such a huge threshold of content that is rare I use any other offhand. I use Almace as well during that rare occassion. It pairs well with some opening combos.

3000tp Expiacion; CDC > CDC > Light: Requiescat > Expiacion> Darkness spam.

I do that to get Requiescat back in the proper order without crippling DPS from a Expiacion> Requiescat > Darkness combo.

If I'm just spamming Expiacion then Thibron is being used, its that good even without capped ACC.

Why not simply use CA Trashing Assault after Expiacion?

Expiacion > Trashing (Fusion) -> Requiescat (Gravitation) -> Expiacion (Darkness) and you have 4 step darkness as opener and can continue with Requiescat > Expiacion spam.

Because I didn't know that!

CDC > CDC is still potent probably not a huge difference comparing the two.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-11 10:43:11  

It triples the fTP of Expiation, how much more convincing do you need?

Edit: Where would that skillchain rotation be needed?
By fillerbunny9 2020-11-11 10:49:45  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Zantetsuken probably, but what are the situations where you wouldn't want to use the TP Bonus offhand?
the situation that I haven't had the time nor energy to make one? (not to mention the perpetual inventory crush) it's one of those "on the to do list" things, and Almace has been 'good enough' for now. if I already had something that would otherwise be a step up, I would switch to that in the meantime, but that would appear to not be the case.
By SimonSes 2020-11-11 10:51:31  

That is a huge exaggeration. It doesnt even double it and you say triple. I'm all behind Thibron, but let's stick to facts.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-11 11:06:19  

That is a huge exaggeration. It doesnt even double it and you say triple. I'm all behind Thibron, but let's stick to facts.

1000 TP: 3.796875
2000 TP: 9.390625

I said fTP, not damage.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-11 11:10:25  

That's what I mean. I see lots of claims like his, but I don't see W3 data. I don't think WS avg is the only stat that matters. I currently parse about 11% on wave 3 as a whole and have over 90% acc, 50% crit hit rate and average roughly 22k ws. I'm not afraid to put effort in, but it has to be worth it. I really want to do wave 3 with another Blu that is using tizona\thib so I can see first-hand.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-11 11:14:17  
It's not an exaggeration, it literally (nearly) triples your \fTP. It's the single biggest ws damage increase you can give yourself after making a Tizona. If you want to see the difference, just start holding TP to 2000 before weaponskilling.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-11 11:18:38  
I generally ws @1750 ish TP since I use moonshade with tp bonus.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-11-11 11:59:27  

I said fTP, not damage.

You'll be using Moonshade, so it's ~5.195 vs ~10.090- i.e. a little under half

Regardless though, it's generally worth using.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-11 12:02:22  
It's not an exaggeration, it literally (nearly) triples your \fTP. It's the single biggest ws damage increase you can give yourself after making a Tizona. If you want to see the difference, just start holding TP to 2000 before weaponskilling.

Even assuming best case scenario for you claim (which is lowest possible TP thresholds with moonshade and only comparing 1st hit without 2nd, offhand and AM3/MA proc)

1250TP: ~5.195 fTP
2250TP: ~10.09 fTP

Its not even doubling it like I said. In reality you dont WS at 1000TP tho, but usually on avg at least at 1150 without samurai roll and much more with samurai roll. In reality you also have 2nd hit and AM3/MA proc chance. First hit is obviously dominant here, but even with 60%WSD, we are talking about:

5.195 * 1.6 + 1.8 = 10.112
vs
10.09 * 1.6 + 1.8 = 17.944

Thats around x1.775 increase, not x3.

If I would like to be even more into details, I would calculate drop from damage and accuracy on offhand hit, AM proc on offhand hits and additional damage from STR and QA3% on something like Zantetsuken, then I would take real TP avg and I would probably end up with something like x1.5

Like I said, stick to facts.

EDIT:

I said fTP, not damage.

This is super unreal, because its assuming you dont have moonshade, you only hit with 1st hit and miss with 2nd, offhand and possible AM3/MA procs and lastly always WS at 1000, which is super far from reality. Even then tho 9.390625 / 3.796875 is ~2.477, so its still closer to 2 than 3 lol.

EDIT2:
Siren.Kyte said: »
Regardless though, it's generally worth using.

This I can agree with :) Afaik I was the first person suggesting Thibron offhand for Tizona and trying to justify that idea with both math and practical numbers (at least on this forum). So yeah I am a huge fan of Thibron, but I will be boring at this point.. lets stick to facts XD
By SimonSes 2020-11-11 12:27:00  

That's what I mean. I see lots of claims like his, but I don't see W3 data. I don't think WS avg is the only stat that matters. I currently parse about 11% on wave 3 as a whole and have over 90% acc, 50% crit hit rate and average roughly 22k ws. I'm not afraid to put effort in, but it has to be worth it. I really want to do wave 3 with another Blu that is using tizona\thib so I can see first-hand.

WS avg is not the only stat that matters, but the increase here is so huge that it easily outshines every damage loss from lower WS frequency (when compared to something like Zantetsuken) and less white damage.

Also like I said, parses lie. Especially parses of 2 different people in such laggy zone as DynamisD. Outside of lag, its also person vs person performance difference. I have guy in my LS who is so good at optimizing damage to parse higher, that he would make everything more impressive than it is on avg.

You would need to make the weapon and parse against yourself, but that tricky too. You would need to parse same zone, same buffs, same day performance, against exactly same people playing exactly the same, which is just impossible. If you play against a guy that will be slightly faster on engaging than you and will often kill your target before you can WS, that can drop your parse by a lot vs when you can for example have all mobs for yourself.

Lastly W3 is not a zone where Thibron is competitive without proper buffs. W3 is a place where Thibron accuracy starts to be a problem and you would need to counter it with buffs/gear/debuffs to keep something from Thibron's very significant advantage on less evasive stuff.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-11 12:34:09  
no stats, just personal feeling, but anyone arguing against tizona/thibron probably hasn't used it <_<. Having that tp sword is a huuuge difference and it's noticeable. I got so spoiled by expiacion dmg on blu that I am continually disappointed by wsdmg on several other jobs I play, ha
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-11 12:46:51  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
no stats, just personal feeling, but anyone arguing against tizona/thibron probably hasn't used it <_<. Having that tp sword is a huuuge difference and it's noticeable. I got so spoiled by expiacion dmg on blu that I am continually disappointed by wsdmg on several other jobs I play, ha

You're right. I don't have it and haven't been in a PT with anyone that has used it. I started it but stopped at savage kills on plantoids.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-11-11 12:51:47  
I can say as someone who has played with blu's with tizona (I don't have one, blu was kind of a random I'm bored project). I get totally destroyed by blus that use it.
 Asura.Skyekitty
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Skyekitty 2020-11-13 03:12:27  
Went looking for an updated TP set for BLU but couldn't find it in the last 20+ pages. Has there been any changes with the Unity armors or anything? Can someone please post an updated TP set. Thanks!
By Drorond 2020-11-13 05:36:40  
You can check this post https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54487/tizonathibron/

SimonSes posted his/her TP set.

Full Malignance set gives a lot of accuracy and DT/Meva, which is awesome, even if it's not the perfect TP set.
By SimonSes 2020-11-13 06:56:42  
Drorond said: »
SimonSes posted his/her TP set.

Full Malignance set gives a lot of accuracy and DT/Meva, which is awesome, even if it's not the perfect TP set.

his :P

The only thing that was updated since then I think is probably Ginsen to Aurgelmir Orb +1
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2020-11-13 11:22:09  
Thank you!
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-13 14:35:28  
Asura.Skyekitty said: »
Went looking for an updated TP set for BLU but couldn't find it in the last 20+ pages. Has there been any changes with the Unity armors or anything? Can someone please post an updated TP set. Thanks!

I posted some sets I use that have augmented gear from UNM. They are under my item sets.
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2020-11-23 13:47:23  
Does anyone know if you can learn Blue Magic from in those battlefields in Ra'Kaznar Turris where you can challenge the Vagary bosses solo? Specifically the spells from Palloritus, Rancibus, and Putraxia.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-23 13:57:44  
Iirc yes. I think i went there recently to learn cruel joke, just dont remember if i actually got, but most likely yes
[+]
By gargurty 2020-11-23 14:02:43  
Yes you can. I learned it there too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2020-12-03 18:38:40  
I'm trying to get my Req set a bit better for Req -> Expiacion for darkness. Assuming att uncapped as I typically only do this with my brd or geo alt. Any suggestions?

ItemSet 376879
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 18:52:35  
Relic +3 head body and feet will net you a couple str/mnd and like 100 more attack
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-12-03 19:09:43  
at the same time he'd lose 7-17% (AF body +3) WSdmg from body and hand swap alone.

befor you spend loads of gil on relic upgrades sub /war, use nativ buffs like natures meditation and mighty guard and then make a few tests with and without berserk/warcry, that should make up for requis 100 att penalty, see if there is a notable difference.
i could be completely wrong here but i think even if you cap att on requi it still can't compete with expi/savage and maybe CDC cause it intentionally has a lower dmg sealing due to the elementless damage.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 19:15:22  
Meh the blu pieces are cheap. wsd on req isn't doing a lot(?) anyway for body slot. Left hands as jhakri. (they're roughly equal to relic+3 but have the wsd anyway)

I would see how "uncapped" you really are though for sure. Having a geo alt means you should cap on everything you're probably doing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-12-03 19:17:55  
Req is a 4 (5) hit ws with very low http://ftp. Wsd isn’t going to do anything for it. He’s wanting to use it as a darkness opener for expiation or cdc.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 398 399 400 ... 445 446 447