The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 397 398 399 ... 445 446 447
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-10-14 17:18:50  
Bismarck.Pebbs said: »
In the dream MAB set (first post) the Rosmerta's cape is augmented with Haste instead of Fast Cast or Magic Attack bonus which is what I was expecting to see there.

Does anyone have any idea why the recommendation is Haste over MAB or Fast Cast?

Set is only 17% haste for it.

Edit: Paged, so I went back to quote, so it made more sense
 Bismarck.Zalena
VIP
サーバ: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Zalena 2020-11-04 10:10:55  
Question, is the BLU lua in the guide still valid (up to date) to use? If not, does anyone have an up to date version they can send me please?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-11-04 10:30:20  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Bismarck.Pebbs said: »
In the dream MAB set (first post) the Rosmerta's cape is augmented with Haste instead of Fast Cast or Magic Attack bonus which is what I was expecting to see there.

Does anyone have any idea why the recommendation is Haste over MAB or Fast Cast?

Set is only 17% haste for it.

Edit: Paged, so I went back to quote, so it made more sense

2 things.

First, Fast Cast is 1/2 as potent as haste for recast. You need 2% Fast Cast to get the equivalent of 1% haste as long as haste isn't capped.

Second, that set is still pretty much spot on, but... cohort cloak +1 probably becomes BiS for MAB. That gives an extra 3% haste on top of the superior Macc/MAB stats. You're now at 20% haste total. Haste and FC on the cape would be a wash.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-04 10:47:02  
I don't use luas but I have my gearsets on AH for people to judge. Can post parse numbers I suppose too.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-04 11:52:42  
I've been going BLU recently to our Dynamis D runs to RP my neck, and I'm wondering what people use for a max MACC set for spells like Absolute Terror, Blistering Roar, and Thunderbolt. I can land terror on wave 2 NMs, but can't get Blistering Roar or Absolute Terror to stick on Volte mobs. We also cleave big parts of wave 2 so I'm trying to maximize stun duration from Thunderbolt and/or Blistering Roar.

In that same vein, has anyone else had issues with Unbridaled Wisdom not actually letting you cast spells properly? Unbridaled Learning works fine, but when trying to cast under Unbridaled Wisdom it looks like someonething is still just trying to use UL first and saying "effect already active" and preventing me from casting. I'm using Mote's BLU lua, I haven't checked yet to see if there's anything in there that might be messing with me.
 Asura.Chendar
サーバ: Asura
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-11-04 13:40:13  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
I'm using Mote's BLU lua, I haven't checked yet to see if there's anything in there that might be messing with me.

Sounds the most likely culprit for sure.

EDIT:
had a quick look at the Mote BLU lua (hope that's the right one...?)

line 475:
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if unbridled_spells:contains(spell.english) and not state.Buff['Unbridled Learning'] then
        eventArgs.cancel = true
        windower.send_command('@input /ja "Unbridled Learning" <me>; wait 1.5; input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name)
    end
end
is what's causing you trouble

you can either remove it, or try changing line 22 to somethig like: (may or may not work, not sure how Mote's are tracking these tbh)
Code
state.Buff['Unbridled Learning'] = buffactive['Unbridled Learning'] or buffactive['Unbridled Wisdom'] or false

EDIT2:
...or just look for another lua? unless you added them Mote's is missing mappings for pretty much all the newer spells
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-04 13:40:47  
I have a m.acc set with just over 600 skill. I'll add that to my item sets at some point.
By Shichishito 2020-11-04 13:54:04  
Asura.Chendar said: »
you can either remove it, or try changing line 22 to somethimg like
wouldn't changing it to
Code
if unbridled_spells:contains(spell.english) and not state.Buff['Unbridled Learning'] or unbridled_spells.contains(spell.english) and not state.Buff['Unbridled Wisdom'] then

also do the job?

*edit* nvm, would need further editing or you'd find yourself firing unbridled learning even if unbridled wisdom is currently active.
 Asura.Chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-11-04 14:00:54  
If you create a state.Buff['Unbridled Wisdom'] first it should. Probably the better solution

so add after line 22 instead:
Code
state.Buff['Unbridled Wisdom'] = buffactive['Unbridled Wisdom'] or false

then change line 475 to:
Code

if unbridled_spells:contains(spell.english) and not state.Buff['Unbridled Learning'] and not state.Buff['Unbridled Wisdom'] then
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-04 15:57:40  
I'm using Mote's BLU lua, I haven't checked yet to see if there's anything in there that might be messing with me.

EDIT:

line 475:
Code
    if unbridled_spells:contains(spell.english) and not state.Buff['Unbridled Learning'] then
        eventArgs.cancel = true
        windower.send_command('@input /ja "Unbridled Learning" <me>; wait 1.5; input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name)
    end
end

you can either remove it, or try changing line 22 to somethig like: (may or may not work, not sure how Mote's are tracking these tbh)
Code
state.Buff['Unbridled Learning'] = buffactive['Unbridled Learning'] or buffactive['Unbridled Wisdom'] or false

EDIT2:
...or just look for another lua? unless you added them Mote's is missing mappings for pretty much all the newer spells

Yeah I had a look over lunch and realized myself that that's definitely what's causing the problem, and I should be able to fix it. I just took Selindile's spell maps and replaced Mote's with them, but I should probably just migrate to Selindrile's luas anyway.

Is there a functional difference between setting up a state.Buff for Unbridaled Learning/Wisdom and just using buffactive[] directly?
 Asura.Chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-11-04 16:42:20  
Not 100% sure, but I think buffactive can sometimes be a bit slow to update? Know people have had issues with using it for stuff like SA/TA then immediately WSing after at least.

Again not sure how the Mote's stuff handles this, but would I assume it actively sets them to true on JA use, which would solve that issue.

EDIT:
honestly I would just remove this whole bit:
Code
        eventArgs.cancel = true
    end

and just keep track of if UL is active or not myself :P
 Ragnarok.Croex
user: Croex
By Ragnarok.Croex 2020-11-07 07:07:01  
Hello peeps,
is CDC still relevant nowdays ?
I see we have a set here:
ItemSet 374520
and an Expiacion set as follow:
ItemSet 362899
Is there any important update on the above and how is the damage for both ? I'm planning to R15 a weapon between Tizona and Carnwenhan (BRD).

Cheers,
By fillerbunny9 2020-11-07 07:45:17  
CDC is still nice when you are looking to take advantage of the Skillchain, however Expiacion hits like a bus full of kids on the way to fat camp when you have all the gear for it and an upgraded Tizona. Tizona has basically always been a phenomenal option for BLU and you would be very well served upgrading it. do you get to melee enough on Bard that you would be able to take advantage of an upgraded Carn?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-07 08:41:28  
Sell the aurgelmir so you can upgrade both weapons.
By fillerbunny9 2020-11-07 09:22:48  
Pantafernando said: »

one Aurgelmir +1 will not get you enough gil to upgrade both, and, again, if the folks they play with are not down with melee bard, dumping Detritus into Carn is going to be a waste.
 Ragnarok.Croex
user: Croex
By Ragnarok.Croex 2020-11-07 09:44:43  
fillerbunny9 said: »
do you get to melee enough on Bard that you would be able to take advantage of an upgraded Carn?

This is exactly the point as my current WS set:
ItemSet 376470
is quite good but I still have to upgrade the TP set (found this one / Sheet: "Gear" which is really a good place to start).

Anyway, I'm more oriented towards upgrading Carn as I use BRD most of the times, but there may be situations where you can buff and come back as BLU, not fully sure if it's worth it :D.

Pantafernando said: »

Sadly, that set is not mine.

Thanks,
By Taint 2020-11-07 09:51:34  
fillerbunny9 said: »
CDC is still nice when you are looking to take advantage of the Skillchain, however Expiacion hits like a bus full of kids on the way to fat camp when you have all the gear for it and an upgraded Tizona. Tizona has basically always been a phenomenal option for BLU and you would be very well served upgrading it. do you get to melee enough on Bard that you would be able to take advantage of an upgraded Carn?

2nd this. Even with R15 Almace CDC isn't worth using over Tizona unless you absolutely need light.

Requiescat > Expiacion = Darkness which is incredible on a lot of mobs.

R15 Carn is great for a career BRD but I wouldn't do it before Tizona.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2020-11-07 10:22:09  
Ragnarok.Croex said: »
Hello peeps,
is CDC still relevant nowdays ?
I see we have a set here:
ItemSet 374520
and an Expiacion set as follow:
ItemSet 362899
Is there any important update on the above and how is the damage for both ? I'm planning to R15 a weapon between Tizona and Carnwenhan (BRD).

Cheers,
Just replace Ilabrat Ring with Karieyh Ring +1 for Expiacion
By SimonSes 2020-11-07 11:41:36  
Lakshmi.Arcaniz said: »
Just replace Ilabrat Ring with Karieyh Ring +1 for Expiacion

While its true Karieyh +1 is better for capped attack (its probably break even for uncapped), I generally dont support showing SoA rings in sets, unless its with alternative. There is few good SoA ring and you can only have one.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-11-08 12:10:18  
I believe Shukuyu Ring should also be better than Ilabrat Ring (unless you need accuracy I guess).

Shukuyu Ring is STR+7, attack +20 (after considering the STR) versus DEX+10 attack +25 accuracy +7 (again considering the DEX). Stat MOD wise, it's even but STR also plays a factor in fSTR which I would think is more meaningful than Ilabrat's 5 attack. Unless it's the STP for TPing rate that was the deciding factor?
By drakefs 2020-11-10 10:40:24  

EDIT:

line 475:
Code
        eventArgs.cancel = true
    end
end

Code

EDIT2:

Yeah I had a look over lunch and realized myself that that's definitely what's causing the problem, and I should be able to fix it. I just took Selindile's spell maps and replaced Mote's with them, but I should probably just migrate to Selindrile's luas anyway.

Is there a functional difference between setting up a state.Buff for Unbridaled Learning/Wisdom and just using buffactive[] directly?

My BLU lua is up to date (based on Motes), I just commented out the function for UL as I never really had a use for it.

https://github.com/DrakeFS/GearSwap
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 12:41:06  
They just put the best nuking weapon (by far) behind 1st prize Bonanza win. They can seriously gtfo. This is obviously answer for us asking to get some gear update for BLU. Such a *** trolling.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-10 12:46:22  
All of those bonanza weapons (if it turns out they will be bound behind bonanza forever and not tied to Odyssey or something else) can go DIAF together with the dev who had the brilliant idea, truly.
By Sabishii 2020-11-10 15:05:51  
SimonSes said: »
They just put the best nuking weapon (by far) behind 1st prize Bonanza win. They can seriously gtfo. This is obviously answer for us asking to get some gear update for BLU. Such a *** trolling.

No kidding, and I'm imagining it's probably the best (or one of) the best offhand weapons, considering it'll add INT mods for all weaponskills, including expiacion (similarly to the Utu grip with DEX for 2 handers). I'd replace my Almace offhand for it (I don't use the TP bonus ***magian sword).
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 15:22:35  
Sabishii said: »
I'd replace my Almace offhand for it (I don't use the TP bonus ***magian sword).

Even if you for some reason dont use best Tizona offhand sword than why Almace? Why not Zantetsuken or Raetic or even Blurred?

Expiacion is only 20%DEX. Its like wearing a blank dagger for Rudra with only stat being 13DEX.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-11-11 01:34:09  
remember when they made that chocobo shield with 3+ crafts? iirc it took quite a while but later they added escutcheons which, if i'm not mistaken, blows the +3 shield out of the water for their respective crafts.
i assume something similar with the bonanza weapons, hopefully less catered towards botting than the escutcheon quest and within a shorter time frame.
i'd guess it will either be tied to ambuscade or the new expansion. the later seems more likely.

*edit* i'd also like to add that the "occasional absorbs ice/wind damage" or "additional effect of ice/wind damage" seems completely missplaced. even if it procs a lot and deals lots of damage, limiting it to only one type of element is too situational if they plan to add a REMA type lengthy quest to unlock them.
just my two cents.

*edit2* if i'm not mistaken most, if not all of the mog bonanza weapon models have already been released, i think most if not all of them as ambuscade lvl 1 weapons. maybe indicating that it will be another ambuscade upgrade process or that you need them as a blank and then upgrade at a different event, maybe odyssey?
By fillerbunny9 2020-11-11 10:12:30  
SimonSes said: »
Sabishii said: »
I'd replace my Almace offhand for it (I don't use the TP bonus ***magian sword).

Even if you for some reason dont use best Tizona offhand sword than why Almace? Why not Zantetsuken or Raetic or even Blurred?

Expiacion is only 20%DEX. Its like wearing a blank dagger for Rudra with only stat being 13DEX.

on this note, what IS the best offhand for Tizona if not using Thibron?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-11 10:14:56  
Zantetsuken probably, but what are the situations where you wouldn't want to use the TP Bonus offhand?
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-11-11 10:20:25  
Tanmogayi +1 R15 and Zantetsuken are both good options for offhand if you're looking for extra ACC and ATK.
By Taint 2020-11-11 10:21:58  
Thibron works on such a huge threshold of content that is rare I use any other offhand. I use Almace as well during that rare occassion. It pairs well with some opening combos.

3000tp Expiacion; CDC > CDC > Light: Requiescat > Expiacion> Darkness spam.

I do that to get Requiescat back in the proper order without crippling DPS from a Expiacion> Requiescat > Darkness combo.

If I'm just spamming Expiacion then Thibron is being used, its that good even without capped ACC.
First Page 2 3 ... 397 398 399 ... 445 446 447