2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 396 397 398 ... 445 446 447
By Felgarr 2020-09-19 09:17:12  
Shichishito said: »
i thought common consensuses was that almaric +1 head sucks for nuking and to use jhakri +2 instead.

jhakri has 12 more int, 1-11 more matt.
amalric +1 head path a has 2-12 more macc.

the ony benefit of amalric +1 head is the bonus to refresh and its a bit pricy for just that.

Felgarr said: »
I'll wait for something more potent, personally.
we talking about BLU. if we don't want to fall of the upgrade list for another 4 years we better start sacrificing our first-borns in order to demonstrate gratitude to our generous lord matsui.

You may be right in this regard. I geared my BLU originally with MAB gear that I had for BLM, so having Amalric+1, while Jhakri+2 wasn't even out yet, made the decision for me to use Amalric+1 on BLU very easy. I never went back and updated my set.

Jhakri Coronal+2 reduces my set bonus vy 10 MAB, but has +41 MAB = net +31 MAB
Amalric+1 head, only has 20 MAB, so you are correct, I'm shorting myself 11 MAB, for the extra ~12 M.Accuracy. :shrug:
By SimonSes 2020-09-19 10:13:45  
Felgarr said: »
Amalric+1 head, only has 20 MAB, so you are correct, I'm shorting myself 11 MAB, for the extra ~12 M.Accuracy. :shrug:

Not only 11 mab but also 12 INT, 21STR, 17DEX, 1MND, 1CHR while only loosing 3VIT.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-09-19 13:57:17  
SimonSes said: »
Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Cohort has +3 Macc

More like 13~23

Edit: Thanks a lot for that test! Pretty much confirms what I was assuming from kaja vs nibiru test. I knew it would be close for Floe.

Whoops! Forgot the Unity bonus. Good catch.
 Bahamut.Omegus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2020-10-05 11:31:17  
How does Kentarch belt +1 (r15) fair for Expiacion i know its 5 less str but it brings 10 dex to the table. Or is the extra multi-attack the deciding factor.
By SimonSes 2020-10-05 11:40:30  
Bahamut.Omegus said: »
How does Kentarch belt +1 (r15) fair for Expiacion i know its 5 less str but it brings 10 dex to the table. Or is the extra multi-attack the deciding factor.

5STR is worth marginally more than 10DEX, because of fSTR, but its almost the same overall. Sailfi has better multi-attack, but thats also not that strong for Expiacion. Its generally more about what you need more acc (Kentarch) or attack (Sailfi).
[+]
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2020-10-05 11:54:54  
Thanks simon i ll stick that into my acc swap then
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-05 23:31:47  
Is nightfyre's from 2017 the most up to date BLU spreadsheet around?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-09 19:05:55  
Anybody bothered to test R15 Blistering Sallet vs Adhemar Bonnet +1 for CDC?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-10-09 19:25:31  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Kentarch Belt +1 is an excellent acc swap for both TP and Savage/Expiacion. You sacrifice extremely minimal damage from Sailfi +1, and gain ~20 accuracy.

Blistering Sallet +1 is the best acc option for CdC, without contest. You lose a tiny bit of damage compared to Adhemar HQ, and a little bit more if losing the set bonus, but you gain ~53 accuracy.

Odnowa Earring +1 is an amazing DT earring.

Aurist's Cape +1 is your best macc option for back, and can save a ton of space if you play other jobs on it.

Fi Follet Cape +1 is another good space-saver if you play mage jobs in addition to BLU.

Few pages back. Worth noting that you also lose like 50atk (can't be bothered looking up str values for 100% accuracy :P)
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-09 21:47:15  
mephitas's ring +1 might be worth R15ing for fc set. could replace lebeche with it, losing some quick cast but gaining 15 conserve mp. the 110 HP drop could be annoying tho. similar trade for Shinjutsu-no-Obi +1.

as i don't see much usefull from sheol C for BLU i suggest to pump your wings from the RoE quest into loricate torque, its not amaizing but the extra def helps and that piece is most likly a pillar of every jobs -dt set and you don't need to R15 it as you can apparently augment multiple pieces at the same time.
By Autocast 2020-10-11 15:13:34  
What's the best offhand for tizona when you cant use TP bonus?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-10-11 15:49:55  
Autocast said: »
What scenario does tp bonus not come into play? If your strictly doing cleave magic spells you probably want to got max/kaja
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-10-11 15:50:33  

I dont know if it's the best but I like to use zantetsuken if not using tp bonus
By SimonSes 2020-10-11 16:04:22  
Asura.Toralin said: »
What scenario does tp bonus not come into play? If your strictly doing cleave magic spells you probably want to got max/kaja

Almost any scenario where you are doing semi difficult content solo. Like for example Odyssey or even Omen.

There is a lot of sidegrades imo. Zantetsuken, Almace, Naegling, Raetic Blade +1, Blurred Sword +1 etc.
By Bladework 2020-10-11 20:34:40  
Since we're on the topic of TP Bonus ***.

R15 Sequence with TP Bonus offhand spamming Savage Blade. I feel like this could beat Naegling unless you kept WS'ing under 1250 TP somehow.

Maybe it doesn't fully compete with R15 Tizona but I'm not making that until I see some job adjustments. I have Almace which is great for solo but I don't typically use it in a party setting.

Thoughts?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-10-11 21:05:31  
The second you make tizona and trial it up you will never regret it
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-10-11 21:50:24  
Sequence with Thibron TP+1000 and Moonshade give you +1750 TP bonus, so if you WS at 1000 TP that's 2750 TP

That's 12.875 + 1 = 13.875 FTP

Naegling with Thibron TP+1000 and Moonshade give you +1250 TP, so 2250

That's 11.125 + 1 = 12.125 FTP
with the +15% damage that's 12.125*1.15 = 13.94375 FTP

Sequence has 2 higher base damage but Naegling has +15 mind so with savage blade and same set, Naegling has +5.5 damage over sequence.

I don't see Sequence + Thib being better than Naegling + Thib.

Also, Blu is already pretty strong even without any job adjustment. It's the only job i've seen one shotting 3 statues worth of mobs in Dyna D (with geo support).

And a utility job that can spam 40-50K ws constantly is pretty good
[+]
By Draylo 2020-10-11 23:44:15  
And how exactly does that mean anything? There are plenty of other jobs where you can say "they are the only one I've seen doing x", you can't use that as some qualifier for a job not deserving an update. Plenty of jobs can AOE trash mobs.

BLU hasn't been directly updated in quite a long time and it could use one. Nobody is asking for a direct boost to damage, but there are plenty of QoL things they can do for BLU to make it more fun like other jobs have been getting.
 Bismarck.Pebbs
user: Saeyent
By Bismarck.Pebbs 2020-10-11 23:57:36  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
Also, Blu is already pretty strong even without any job adjustment. It's the only job i've seen one shotting 3 statues worth of mobs in Dyna D (with geo support).
Could you qualify this statement please?
Do you mean 1 shot 1 monster at a time, or do you mean 1 shot 3 statues worth of mobs at once after aggroing 3 statues with an AOE (spell or WS)?
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-10-11 23:59:22  
You can one shot a pile of mobs, just pull the proper eye colour and ez-pz
By Shichishito 2020-10-12 00:11:17  
maybe its too early but currently looks like they skipped BLU again for this update.
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2020-10-12 00:30:57  
people seriously still hating on blu like its a god tier above all other jobs.
By Draylo 2020-10-12 00:42:49  
It's kinda funny he calls it a "utility job." These days RDM can easily do all our functions way better and still do good DMG ontop.

Plenty of jobs have access to good reliable DEF downs, sleeps (and AOE), Hastes etc. Almost all of what made BLU unique and top tier has been eroded over these last few years where we got nothing, and where they actively left us off many of the new gears.

People think one shotting trash tier mobs with an AOE is somehow godly.
By Shichishito 2020-10-12 00:57:28  
its just low effort troll attempts. i don't think anyone who knows the job genuinely would believe that BLU is still in a good place.
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2020-10-12 01:14:59  
Draylo said: »
It's kinda funny he calls it a "utility job." These days RDM can easily do all our functions way better and still do good DMG ontop.

Plenty of jobs have access to good reliable DEF downs, sleeps (and AOE), Hastes etc. Almost all of what made BLU unique and top tier has been eroded over these last few years where we got nothing, and where they actively left us off many of the new gears.

People think one shotting trash tier mobs with an AOE is somehow godly.

If SE had left BLU off Malignance gear then I'd have unsubbed. BLU barely qualifies as B-tier in most roles. Even my Wave 3 group would rather bring a BST over a BLU in the tank party. I get it we can all be a 1 man army but even that doesn't work without being exceptionally geared. A dream-tier BiS BLU falls drastically behind any other moderately geared job in whatever role you pick.

My biggest hope is that between some job kit adjustments and/or Empy +3 armor they will either fix physical blue magic or tweak our JA's to better fill the Utility DPS role. Not being able to keep a continuous buff on the party with Diffusion is stupid. Imagine the niche we could fill by keeping Saline Coat, Occultation, etc. on the party for whole fights.

....Also I miss that month where all Multi-Hit WS's were boosted by WSD gear by mistake.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-12 01:18:48  
Bladework said: »
Since we're on the topic of TP Bonus ***.

R15 Sequence with TP Bonus offhand spamming Savage Blade. I feel like this could beat Naegling unless you kept WS'ing under 1250 TP somehow.

Maybe it doesn't fully compete with R15 Tizona but I'm not making that until I see some job adjustments. I have Almace which is great for solo but I don't typically use it in a party setting.

Thoughts?
A few comments on my side:

1) R15 Sequence is a truly minimal difference over R0. Biggest difference is probably in the Acc+30 which, if necessary, allows you more freedom in the other slots. Damage-wise you'll barely notice the difference

2) 1750 TP bonus is not realistic. The amount of times you'll over-TP in real situations is often underestimated if you value your choices just from Spreadsheet calculations

3) Sequence has slightly higher MH-only Acc/att due to the higher skill

4) Naegling will still give you more att on WS (if you're uncapped) because of its special effect. We don't know the details of how it works but you can clearly see the difference on a parser

5) Naegling has slightly better stat mods and, when paired with Thibron OH, becomes a real beast which doesn't incur in the "overtp" issue nearly as much as Sequence, making its use realistc.

Plus don't forget the damage increase curve of Savage Blade is not regular. It slows down after 2k TP.
1000TP > 4.0, 2000TP > 10.25, 3000TP > 13.75.
This means as you approach 2k TP you'll see damage go up at an insane rate, past 2k it will slow down (while still producing an increase of course).
By SimonSes 2020-10-12 05:48:14  
Not sure if that was tested but Ghastly Tathlum +1 R15 is better than Pemphredo at least for Subduction, Spectral Floe and Tenebral Crush. tested at +9INT (3rd rank unity).
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-10-12 05:55:20  
Bismarck.Pebbs said: »
Do you mean 1 shot 1 monster at a time, or do you mean 1 shot 3 statues worth of mobs at once after aggroing 3 statues with an AOE (spell or WS)?

1 shot 9-10 mobs at a time but not with blu aggroing them. Run pull 3 statues with blue eyes, someone slept them, then while I was about to engage I saw snowflakes and they all died. We had geos but I have no idea if the mobs were tagged.

I wasn't the blu so no idea if/what buff/debuff were used.
By SimonSes 2020-10-12 06:20:34  
Bismarck.Pebbs said: »

1 shot 9-10 mobs at a time but not with blu aggroing them. Run pull 3 statues with blue eyes, someone slept them, then while I was about to engage I saw snowflakes and they all died. We had geos but I have no idea if the mobs were tagged.

I wasn't the blu so no idea if/what buff/debuff were used.

Its probably close to being possible without GEO on wave 1 blue eyes in Sandoria and maybe Bastok with Burst Affinity, but probably still not quite there. That being said with GEO, you can probably do it too with like 2x Aeolian edge on RDM (which can be problematic I guess if you wont do 2nd Aeolian fast, because all the mobs will probably SP after the first one. I agree BLU is BiS at that niche tho (AoE magic damage killing niche), but like someone said, there is many niche things few jobs can do and that doesnt make them OP or not requiring update. Prime examples could be SCH helixing down things like Wave 2 boss, or PUP soloing Vini with SP automaton while BRD sleeps adds.
 Bismarck.Pebbs
user: Saeyent
By Bismarck.Pebbs 2020-10-14 17:13:36  
In the dream MAB set (first post) the Rosmerta's cape is augmented with Haste instead of Fast Cast or Magic Attack bonus which is what I was expecting to see there.

Does anyone have any idea why the recommendation is Haste over MAB or Fast Cast?
First Page 2 3 ... 396 397 398 ... 445 446 447