New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 384 385 386 ... 445 446 447
By Draylo 2020-06-06 18:11:21  
That was made during a time of BLU oppression ;(
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-06 18:20:56  
oh, thank you for that information. guess im putting those scales into metamorph ring
By Draylo 2020-06-06 19:06:54  
ItemSet 373578

Midcast for spells not needing skill or that you dont care for macc/recast on. Cocoon, Nat. Med etc.

Capped spell interrupt with good defensive benefits. Cape has FC and -10% Spell interrupt. Merited spell interrupt
 Asura.Zidaner
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-06-07 01:58:29  
so I picked up an orph sash finally. Anyone can post the rule I need to equip it when distance is appropriate for magic spells.

thanks in advance.
By Shichishito 2020-06-07 02:27:32  
someone posted test results earlier in this thread and the conclusion was that BLU spells do equal or slightly higher damage than the next best option even at max range. i think the only exception is the weather belt so you should be able to just replace what ever belt you previously used for nuking + weather belt rules.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-07 12:34:20  
Found this while random google searching, thought I would post it here.

Created by https://www.deviantart.com/lindseyburcar
[+]
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-06-07 12:38:51  
Honestly even at max range for your AOE's it should still probably be best in slot, i leave mine on nuke set.

EDIT: Shichishito beat me to it lol
By Pantafernando 2020-06-07 12:42:00  
RadialArcana said: »
Found this while random google searching, thought I would post it here.

Created by https://www.deviantart.com/lindseyburcar

People who uses this kind of goatee tend to be evil person.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-07 14:53:06  
FFXI lore says that those that become blue mages also become evil. if they werent already
By Pantafernando 2020-06-08 16:17:48  
They become those soulflyers.

And zilartians becomes tonberries.

And nerd kid becomes Kadabra.

Any other transforming im not aware?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-08 16:33:22  
Flans (or at least some of them) are failed blue mages

There's also some weird ***with Dragoons being able to turn into Dragons via a blood transfusion of sorts, but they never really expand on that.

Quote:
And zilartians becomes tonberries.

Kuluu became tonberries

Quote:
FFXI lore says that those that become blue mages also become evil. if they werent already

It has more to do with ambition than evil.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-06-09 15:45:29  
Anyone know how much does Sanguine Blade do on volt mobs? assuming proper buffs (malaise etc)

Debating if I should build a set or not..

Thanks
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-09 15:52:24  
eeternal said: »
Debating if I should build a set or not..
You should build a set regardless.

Volte or not, it's still a good "ohshi" weaponskill for solo or group activity. Especially to help your healer out a lot when you have TP and don't need to worry about keeping aftermath up for Tizona.

I use it on occasion for Dynamis D when I go as BLU.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-09 15:55:40  
Pantafernando said: »
They become those soulflyers.
Siren.Kyte said: »
Flans (or at least some of them) are failed blue mages
Soulflayers, according to lore.

Source

Quote:
It is revealed in the missions of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan storyline that the ultimate fate of most Blue Mages is to succumb to the fiend essences they have accumulated in their souls. The end result is transfiguration into a gruesome Soulflayer—no longer human, but a monster. Amnaf ultimately loses herself and transforms into a Soulflayer during the mission, Path of Darkness. Additionally, the imperial vizier, Razfahd, though unable to wield Blue Magic, has been saved from a mortal wound by alchemical techniques similar to the creation of a Blue Mage, which may explain his close relationship with Raubahn. The procedure was believed to have made Razfahd impure with monster blood and cost him the rite of succession; it was passed down to his younger sister, Nashmeira, before their father and previous Emperor, Jalzahn, passed away
By Shichishito 2020-06-09 15:57:09  
i don't have any numbers but i read the damage is decent in dynamis D and its always nice to have in case your group has setup a SC and you don't want to interrupt them.
sanguine is mostly affected by mab iirc. if you have a AoE set, like most BLU do, you basically already have a sanguine set.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-06-09 15:58:41  
Thanks guys for the quick responses.. appreciate it and will do
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-06-15 05:28:16  
Anyone have any ideas about how I could end up with 4:56 duration on Mighty guard, instead of the 5:18 the wiki says is the max? Casting without diffusion gives me the correct 3:36, but with 5/5 Diffusion merits and locking Luhlaza Charuqs on is giving me 4:56. I have about 550 JP into BLU, is there a gift I'm missing or something?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-06-15 06:09:48  
Unbridled Learning Effect II JPs 20/20?
Also I just noticed timers is saying 4:56 seconds I'm guessing that's what you're going by not the in game timer.

I'll look into fixing timers this is a mistake. It was assumed when it first came out that merits and JPs were the same term they are not hence the longer duration but the max time should be 5m 13s not 5m 18s

Edit: Updated Timers
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-06-15 13:25:26  
Ahh, yes. I doubled checked after I posted that and I guess Timers itself was just off a bit. Which is also funny because for a long time I had no timer for Mighty Guard at all, haha.

Thanks for looking into it!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-06-15 13:58:21  
What spell sets and trusts do you guys use to solo the different HTBCs? Do you have slightly different sets for Avatar/Magic based fights vs more physical dmg based fights? I'm looking for a way to more reliably work through some of the older stuff on N or maybe even D levels.

Thanks
By Shichishito 2020-06-15 14:29:30  
all depends on what the battlefield requires. if it puts a lot of strain on healing trust make sure to bring a mp battery like selh'teus or maybe just some RDM like king of hearts or koru (if he has a chance to survive...). maybe even use a second healer trust and set magic fruit.

need to make sure you don't pull hate? use a second or even a third trust tank.

need more damage? add more supports like ulmia, joachim, qualtada or sylvie if you aren't in yorans unity (don't go apu... just don't).

need more magic damage? add star sibyl, and more spells with magic attack bonus trait. need more protection against magic? add brygid and saline coat. does the enemy use single target attacks/spells for the most part? add occultation. does he use a debuff that needs to be removed asap? bring remedies, set winds of promy. and add a whm/rdm who is focusing on buff removal (kupipi for example).

you need to know the pitfalls of every battlefield either by doing online research or, if you can't find any, by doing test runs and paying attention to its behaviour and analyzing the chat log afterwards.

if you want more specific advice you need to name the battlefields you are aiming at.
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-06-22 01:24:30  
Hate to ask, mid thread - how updated is the guide at this point? I've come back after a 9 month break...

Thanks!
By Viciouss 2020-06-22 02:15:12  
Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Hate to ask, mid thread - how updated is the guide at this point? I've come back after a 9 month break...

Thanks!

Nothing has changed in 9 months for blu. Spam Lilith for Malignance gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-22 02:25:36  
Viciouss said: »

Thanks!

Nothing has changed in 9 months for blu.

Drinks on me in Club Banana, fellas!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2020-06-22 02:39:17  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Viciouss said: »

Thanks!

Nothing has changed in 9 months for blu.

Grats
By Sadistic667 2020-06-24 16:25:32  
Dumb Lilith question - if I equip a spellset that gives me treasure hunter, can I swap to my normal DD spellset after hitting her once at the start of the fight? Will the TH effect remain?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-06-24 16:40:23  
You may as well just equip a TH+1 piece of gear instead of going through the hassle. I'm pretty sure the Job Trait gifts don't affect Treasure Hunter so you're only getting TH1 from setting it anyway.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-06-24 17:02:17  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Congrats and welcome to the club ^^

Also, where are all the Piña Colada jokes people? :P
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-06-24 17:14:27  
Gratz Buuki!

I guess as Galka you need it even more :P
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-24 17:44:48  
Sadistic667 said: »
Dumb Lilith question - if I equip a spellset that gives me treasure hunter, can I swap to my normal DD spellset after hitting her once at the start of the fight? Will the TH effect remain?

Yes, just as with normal TH as soon as it’s applied, it’s on and you can then fight as you normally would.

As Lowen said, you’d be better off with TH items or even just subbing THF outright or a combination of the two if available (Chaac Belt is TH+1 and easy to get). You don’t have to mess with the spells if you don’t want to.

Or perhaps you were asking if the TH value from spell vanishes if you change spell sets mid fight? To that one, I have no Earthly idea. If applied from gear, everything stays put but if applied from trait and trait just... goes poof? No clue. I *THINK* it would stay put?
First Page 2 3 ... 384 385 386 ... 445 446 447