フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir
Gungnir
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 15:13:17  
I was bored for a moment and I made this TP set for Ryunohige AM3. 5hit ( /sam ) with 40%DA 20%TA from Aftermath 26%haste and +11%crit rate. That could be really a powerhouse.
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-03-23 15:52:08  
Its only 25% haste unless im missing something. Either way looks solid.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-23 16:44:44  
yup you need 26% to cap haste. someone criticize my item set pwease.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-03-23 16:53:29  
New 8% belt being added next update would cap you that's about all I can think of.
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-03-23 17:01:38  
until 8 haste belt could just use blitz and switch to rose, or use that haste grip.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-23 17:02:25  
Half a haste isn't worth it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-03-23 17:06:02  
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
I was bored for a moment and I made this TP set for Ryunohige AM3. 5hit ( /sam ) with 40%DA 20%TA from Aftermath 26%haste and +11%crit rate. That could be really a powerhouse.
I messed around on the DPS spreadsheet a bit with this set. The spreadsheet doesn't really support mythic AM3, but I simulated it by adding DA/TA and WSDMG to Ryu. It's probly not gonna be entirely accurate, as OA2~3 and DA/TA are not quite the same thing. But with that in mind.

That's a really good TP set. Better than I expected. There are other options that pull ahead a bit on lower lvl mobs, but this one won on the high lvl stuff.

The only thing I'd change atm, is Nefarious -> Ganesha's mala. Despite the usefulness of crit+ on high lvl mobs, Ganesha's came out a few DPS ahead.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-23 17:47:33  

this is a 5-hitter

basically after 4 hits from ws(assuming /sam) you need two tics of regain from berserk and moonshade earring to reach 100%, and you only need to land the first hit of stardiver+one additional hit which is pretty reasonable.

can still get better stp from nyzle though and maybe you wouldn't have to do this.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 17:49:53  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I messed around on the DPS spreadsheet a bit with this set. The spreadsheet doesn't really support mythic AM3, but I simulated it by adding DA/TA and WSDMG to Ryu. It's probly not gonna be entirely accurate, as OA2~3 and DA/TA are not quite the same thing. But with that in mind.

That's a really good TP set. Better than I expected. There are other options that pull ahead a bit on lower lvl mobs, but this one won on the high lvl stuff.

The only thing I'd change atm, is Nefarious -> Ganesha's mala. Despite the usefulness of crit+ on high lvl mobs, Ganesha's came out a few DPS ahead.

Well the whole problem was that I dont really know which is prioritized, trait or mythic OAT. I suspect trait in which case adding anything with double attack would probably be half or none effective. Adding Mala would probably change avg hit per round from 1.8 to 1.844 Thats 2,44% increase. Modeling this in spreadshit with DA and TA instead of OAT would result in going from 1.72 to 1.7656 which is 2.65% increase. Mala should probably still win but slightly less than what you got in sheet.The reason I fogot mala in every build is because it doesnt exist for me more than 100floor Nyzul gear XD

Now adding Brutal earring will result in 0.5% gain... Double attack gear is pretty much worthless for AM3 up if mythic OAT follow the rule of normal OAT and being 2nd in priority over double attack.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-23 17:54:24  
I'm pretty sure that Mythic's is prioritized first. What I don't know is if, like the Jailer weapons, the OaT2-3 times procs on DA and TA swings. They're always compared to one another, so I would assume so... but I'm not positive.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 17:58:48  
Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »

this is a 5-hitter

basically after 4 hits from ws(assuming /sam) you need two tics of regain from berserk and moonshade earring to reach 100%, and you only need to land the first hit of stardiver+one additional hit which is pretty reasonable.

can still get better stp from nyzle though and maybe you wouldn't have to do this.

Ekhm the set I did for Ryunohige am3 is still best for gungnir too. Just need some accessory switch.
Rancourous > Atheling
Add Brutal
Im 100% possitive you cant really use moonshade for regain since you will want to use it for TP bonus earring which for Gungnir is even more useful than for Ryunohige (since you would use stardiver a lot)
claymore grip > pole grip

Also Hoard ring? Seriously tyrant ring is out there for a long time XD

EDIT: and add Ganeshas Mala (I already did it in my set for Ryunohige too)
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:01:15  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I'm pretty sure that Mythic's is prioritized first. What I don't know is if, like the Jailer weapons, the OaT2-3 times procs on DA and TA swings. They're always compared to one another, so I would assume so... but I'm not positive.

Why would you think mythic is prioritized? No Oat in game is...

No its not like Jailer weapons. You can proc mythic OAT AND DA/TA/QA in the same round.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-23 18:19:23  

No its not like Jailer weapons. You can proc mythic OAT AND DA/TA/QA in the same round.

This is news to me.

I was under the impression only Jailer Weapons could proc an additional DA TA QA.

Also, when I tested Ryunohige on test server using Atma of the Apocalypse didn't raise an increase in TA by much at all. It was still very few and far apart.

Ryunohige specifically has it's numbers at 40/40/20 which with Apoc would have been 40/40/35 which would have still resulted in a much higher frequency with a 15% addition.

I like everything in the first set, but would prefer mala in neck slot as well especially for Gungnir and I would refrain from using Bullwhip on a personal level so would probably utilize the upcoming 8% belt.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:23:13  
Meh im half sleeping it should be "cant" there. You should get it from context!

I would also use new belt but its not in game and ffxiah yet.
I already changed to gala in my sets too.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-23 18:24:46  

this is a 5-hitter

Im 100% possitive you cant really use moonshade for regain since you will want to use it for TP bonus earring which for Gungnir is even more useful than for Ryunohige

i don't really have a choice not to use regain/berserker because otherwise i would be stuck at 96% tp(assuming i land the first hit and any other after that) and i don't have any other good options.
same goes for berserk torque.

why would you suggest claymore grip on gungnir?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-23 18:26:39  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »

This is news to me.

I was under the impression only Jailer Weapons could proc an additional DA TA QA.

Also, when I tested Ryunohige on test server using Atma of the Apocalypse didn't raise an increase in TA by much at all. It was still very few and far apart.

Ryunohige specifically has it's numbers at 40/40/20 which with Apoc would have been 40/40/35 which would have still resulted in a much higher frequency with a 15% addition.

I like everything in the first set, but would prefer mala in neck slot as well especially for Gungnir and I would refrain from using Bullwhip on a personal level so would probably utilize the upcoming 8% belt.
TA and OA3 don't stack like that. 15% TA would devalue the OAX on the mythics to 34/34/17.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:29:38  
Ekhm the set I did for Ryunohige am3 is still best for gungnir too. Just need some accessory switch.
Rancourous > Atheling
Add Brutal
Im 100% possitive you cant really use moonshade for regain since you will want to use it for TP bonus earring which for Gungnir is even more useful than for Ryunohige (since you would use stardiver a lot)

Means to change claymore to pole and Rancurous to atheling.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-23 18:30:27  

this is a 5-hitter

Im 100% possitive you cant really use moonshade for regain since you will want to use it for TP bonus earring which for Gungnir is even more useful than for Ryunohige

i don't really have a choice not to use regain/berserker because otherwise i would be stuck at 96% tp(assuming i land the first hit and any other after that) and i don't have any other good options.
same goes for berserk torque.

why would you suggest claymore grip on gungnir?

You would, anyone who says other wise can two step in the other direction!

Ramuh.Austar said: »

This is news to me.

TA and OA3 don't stack like that. 15% TA would devalue the OAX on the mythics to 34/34/17.

Okay, that would explain what I previously thought, so that would in fact imply that Ryuno would not benefit from something like Brutal/Windbuffet/Mala as much as Gungnir would.

Also something to keep in mind,

The set bonus to AF3+2 does in fact stack with Gungnir's ODD.

By stacks I mean in full notion, proc rate and potency.

So removing pieces would lower that % chance to deal ODD, as well as the chance to not hit a double proc.

This is of course only applicable with Wyvern present.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:30:43  

We know. Read again. It was a typo.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-23 18:31:47  

No, it wasn't.

Quote:
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-23 18:34:03  

No, it wasn't.

Quote:

Think it was directed to me.

Yap that's what I thought would happen, but ended up proving otherwise.

So when I went over this post and read through and saw the mention of the effect of DA TA QA on OA3 I interjected and stated I didn't see it happen that way.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:34:39  

No, it wasn't.

Quote:

That came from him answering to my typo which in the end is the same thing.

Btw, Mala actually still benefit Ryunohige enough to be the best TP neck.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-23 18:36:20  

No, it wasn't.

Quote:

That came from him answering to my typo which in the end is the same thing.
Since you were talking about jailer weapons, and I was answering in regard to TA from sources such as atma, no, it's really not.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-23 18:37:33  
Rancourous > Atheling
Add Brutal

i can't tell if you're joking or not
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-23 18:40:01  
Rancourous > Atheling
Add Brutal

I wouldn't change my Claymore to Pole for Stardiver. Rancorus to Atheling is an obvious given.
However, I will very much so still keep my Claymore Grip on for the simple fact that Stardiver in essence increases your crit rate by 5-7%

Meaning 10% total after you use it. Yep I'd wear my Claymore over Pole any day.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:41:59  
Rancourous > Atheling
Add Brutal

I had Rancorous and claymore grip in my Ryunohige set. I said to change some things to make it also best for Gungnir. I listed those changes. Not really sure why You think i'm joking or something.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:46:57  
Rancourous > Atheling
Add Brutal

I wouldn't change my Claymore to Pole for Stardiver. Rancorus to Atheling is an obvious given.
However, I will very much so still keep my Claymore Grip on for the simple fact that Stardiver in essence increases your crit rate by 5-7%

Not sure what you mean. Crit rate doesnt have increased returns so having more from stardiver add effect have nothing to do with what grip to choose. Pole is better than claymore for Gungnir.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-23 18:49:59  
Rancourous > Atheling
Add Brutal

Not sure what you mean. Crit rate doesnt have increased returns so having more from stardiver add effect have nothing to do with what grip to choose. Pole is better than claymore for Gungnir.

It sure does have flat returns.

DA is what have diminishing returns and would give less over time. Not a huge difference between, but definitely less than what a Pole Grip would provide. Especially when subbing Warrior or inside of something like VW.

So how would Pole Grip win against anything in your scenario?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-23 18:56:58  
Critrate also has diminishing returns >_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 18:58:29  
Idk what exactly you want to hear. 2%DA is better than 3% crit rate for Gungnir DRG. Its just that simple

In VW you can go /war and lower the boost from pole grip a little but on the other hand your melee/ws split will raise toward WS significantly and pole grip affect both tp and ws so nothing would change and pole grip would still win.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7