user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-22 15:23:44  
That also less than 20 acc. on it.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-03-22 15:56:38  
Are the wyrm greaves+2 REALLY the best WS piece? I don't see them beating hec+1 with augs just because of a minor attack boost.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-22 16:05:17  
Lakshmi.Vitali said: »
Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
Could I see some people's item sets for drakesbane? I want to the see the ideal sets we use for it with all the new items.

This is what I came up with for ideal WS gear using the DPS spreadsheets floating around.

As more info comes out about the set bonus of nyzul gear this could change.

Feet and belt are for sure not optimal.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-22 16:08:04  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Are the wyrm greaves+2 REALLY the best WS piece? I don't see them beating hec+1 with augs just because of a minor attack boost.

the heca+1 augments are still better. but typically most people don't get around to it.

lol and can we stop dreaming about the nyzle gear and wear what we can? :[
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-22 16:09:42  
I want to the see the ideal sets we use for it with all the new items.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-03-22 16:11:09  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

the heca+1 augments are still better. but typically most people don't get around to it.

lol and can we stop dreaming about the nyzle gear and wear what we can? :[
nyzle gear is dreaming? how so? people have been getting to 100 and SE is only making is easier down the road.

Not saying everyone has a group for new nyzle. That is a whole other issue.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-22 16:14:04  
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
Could I see some people's item sets for drakesbane? I want to the see the ideal sets we use for it with all the new items.

This is what I came up with for ideal WS gear using the DPS spreadsheets floating around.

Feet and belt are for sure not optimal.

Well, I've yet to obtain the perfect heca +1, but yea, those would be better.

And I assume you're talking about prosilo belt. I put that into the spreadsheet and it made no difference in numbers. Even if you're fighting something with higher def, you'd likely have cor or brd to make up the attack.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-03-22 16:17:17  
Vitali, if that massive amount of att+ isn't helping, surely the wyrm greaves+2 aren't... lol gigante boots, clout boots (given it doesn't mess up your build, but with Ryu that wouldn't really matter lol), heca (or +1) should all win then.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-22 16:22:34  
Yea, i forgot exactly what augments were on the +1s, they win for sure.

The belt really doesn't change the numbers. I thought it would, but could be because of the -5% DA on
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-22 16:35:00  
Windbuffet. But really, you're not hitting anything with that setup.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-22 17:46:02  
DRG has Accuracy Bonus (+35) and Gungnir 95/99 have +35 and 40 respectively. Accuracy shouldn't be a huge concern.

Edit: LolEmpyrean/Mythic/Whateveryouarewastingtimeon. Regardless, you should be capped on anything up to T3 Jeuno that isn't Pil without even using Stalwart's. You'd definitely need to make adjustments for T6.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-22 18:09:56  
vitali how do you feel about prosilo belt? as i'm seeing you don't have any da besides the brutal earring+gloves. (unless you go /war?) anyway it seems much more handy and consistent.

or maybe i'm dumb, i really don't know how much da benefits on a ws and what're the likely hoods of it proccing.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-22 18:22:29  
I'm not sure, It's potentially better depending on the target. The spreadsheet gives the same WS value as the belt I listed. I'd have to test it out myself for sure.

I haven't fought any of the high tier VWNM yet, so I don't really know what they are like (have only been back 2 months, and spent all those finishing Ryu, now playing catchup on VW).

From looking at other gearsets though and parses, even without the acc from Gungnir, other drgs don't seem to have accuracy issues with similar setups.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-22 18:24:25  
From looking at other gearsets though and parses, even without the acc from Gungnir, other drgs don't seem to have accuracy issues with similar setups.
Then those drgs aren't fighting T6, are using pizza, or have acc buffs from BRD/COR. Otherwise they're not capping acc.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-22 18:32:45  
The only one I had Accuracy issues on was Ig-Alima at 95.

I parsed around 66% and according to that I was pretty much top Accuracy and there were level 99 DD's in the party.

This was as /SAM.

I then swapped to /WAR and was able to shoot that accuracy up even more so, /WAR made a world of difference when it came down to that scenario and really changed VW for me.

As soon as I hit level 99, capped my polearm and continued with /WAR utilizing begressor I never had any issues capping accuracy.

It's possible that people were maybe running on Stalwart's Tonic full time and utilizing other accuracy boosters. It's under appreciated but THF's still use Feint on mobs in VW.

So all in all, who knows. From my understanding though, it's hard for a standard well geared dd to cap accuracy in VW.

DRG get's the advantage of: Accuracy Bonus III, if they have Gungnir... well, yep.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-22 18:49:07  
when should i use drakesbane over stardiver?(do not tell me abyssea or ryu)
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-22 19:07:52  
Well,

I can't tell you to use Drakesbane when the monster is weak.

Due to this: Drakesbane Crits.

Drakesbane is VERY powerful when it crits, that's why a 4 crit Drakesbane doesn't really seem like it has a -20% Attack Penalty on it.

Attack affects critical hits very poorly. So in a High Attack Battle against a weak opponent you'll probably do more with Stardiver than you would with a Drakesbane unless of course *Yes, you were in Abyssea *Yes, you owned Ryunohige.

Since regular hits would pretty much be equal to your critical hits or at least slightly under.

Where as when you fight a high level monster, with lots of defense and vit your crits will always do more than your regular hits.

So I...

I wish I could say: Stardiver will be the most consistent WS we own if geared right, can replace Drakesbane outside of Abyssea.

I think at this point, I feel comfortable saying this.

If you own a Ryunohige, you're entitled to use Drakesbane pretty exclusively. Especially at 99, no idea how they feel Drakesbane with +30% Damage is balanced but hey, it is what it is.

At that point, even a non Crit Drakesbane would be ridiculous.

However, to my knowledge they are still balancing weapon skills, so I guess it's still up in the air as to what will happen.

So...

tl;dr

Against Too Weak Mobs - Stardiver
Against Strong Mobs - Stardiver

Abyssea - Drakesbane
Ryunohige - Drakesbane
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-22 19:41:43  

Ninja edit about heca feet+1

And wouldn't twilight helm be better for drakes? Will deped on the mob i guess.

Also, i wouldn't use brutal with ryu, i haven't personally tested it, but due to the oat thingie, putting some DA won't benefit you that much. (I've read the math about it, but idr it well)

Not sure sure if moonshade earring is good either for drakes, i know it's wonderfull for star, but no clue on drakes.

And ele belt/gorget wont be better as well? I know it's only 0.2 ftp on first hit, but still. Would require some maths.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-22 19:54:50  
Moonshade is great for drakes actually, adds about 4% critrate with the 25 tp bonus. All those have been mathed (except for the heca feet I forgot).

Good question about brutal, it's not as potent - I'll have to plug in some different

Ele belts/gorgets may give more accuracy, but damage wise, they fall short of pipilaka/prosillo/windbuffet/justicar
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-22 20:14:24  
Accuracy wise, on Ukon WAR I parse 89-91% on Ig/Rex, Vere MNK I parse 86-89% on Ig/Rex (provided Focus stays up for the majority).

I don't see any reason a DRG wouldn't cap accuracy in those same situations. In fact, in a Qilin parse last night I was at 93% on MNK and the Ryu DRG was at 95.7 (or capped).
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-23 02:23:21  
Qilin has comparatively low Evasion. It doesn't really fit the "in fact" statement.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-23 02:33:25  
93% leaves margin of error. You were probably capped and got unlucky on RNG for Qilin.

As far as 90%ish range on T6, unless you used pizza or had acc buffs, or stacked focus/aggressor at the same time, going to have to call BS.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 10:53:14  
Moonshade is great for drakes actually, adds about 4% critrate with the 25 tp bonus. All those have been mathed (except for the heca feet I forgot).

Good question about brutal, it's not as potent - I'll have to plug in some different

Ele belts/gorgets may give more accuracy, but damage wise, they fall short of pipilaka/prosillo/windbuffet/justicar

If I would have Ryunohige the first thing I would check is priority of OAT from if. If if falls behind trait like normal OAT then Brutal might be actually very poor option for AM3 up.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-23 10:59:46  
Fights last 150-210s on T6, why wouldn't you stack Focus and Aggressor lol.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-23 12:59:58  
with 190 str in ws set and 99 ryunohige your base dmg for Ws is around 245. 6STR from pipilaka will rise that by 3-4 for tough enemies and by 2 for easier ones. Thats 0.8-1.6%
Your avg fTP with am3 up will be around hmmm 5.0? Thats a little guess here because idk piority for OA2-3 with mythic over trait. But 5.0 its highest i can imagine so +0.1 from belt is 2%.

So its 0.8% and 6dex vs 2% for easier mobs
and
1.6% vs 2% and 6acc for hard mobs

Pipilaka is trash....

You should use windbuffet or elemental belt for easy stuff and elemental belt for anything that you wont cap accuracy.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-23 13:15:54  
i'm rather confused why we suggest windbuffet and not ganesha's mala. and i'm pretty sure the prosilo belt wouldn't effect the am3 of ryu.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-23 13:28:19  
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
with 190 str in ws set and 99 ryunohige your base dmg for Ws is around 245. 6STR from pipilaka will rise that by 3-4 for tough enemies and by 2 for easier ones. Thats 0.8-1.6%
Your avg fTP with am3 up will be around hmmm 5.0? Thats a little guess here because idk piority for OA2-3 with mythic over trait. But 5.0 its highest i can imagine so +0.1 from belt is 2%.

So its 0.8% and 6dex vs 2% for easier mobs
and
1.6% vs 2% and 6acc for hard mobs

Pipilaka is trash....

You should use windbuffet or elemental belt for easy stuff and elemental belt for anything that you wont cap accuracy.

Yea, I've been talking with Byrth on how to test the priority of it, so I'm going to see if we can figure something out.

And I figured out why I wasn't getting different numbers for the belts, I had the mob set wrong (was set to bhukis, not Pil >.> ).

Prosilo > Windbuffet > ele > Pipil unless you need acc, then ele belt would probably be on top.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-03-23 13:32:52  
Wouldn't you be better off with Anguinus if you needed accuracy?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-23 13:42:25  
Not for a Ryu, no
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-23 15:02:32  

this is for stardiver.

the avant legs look way more handy than the lancer legs.also i don't know if i should keep using the ele gorget/belt? i will probably switch rajas over with another pyrosoul and body into avant body +1 after i determine whether or not i actually need the stp.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7