フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir
Gungnir
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-24 19:33:31  
If it's impossible, then why do we base and state facts off of hypothetical perfect scenarios and intend for them to passed along as truths that can only be proven accurate in a perfect and ideal scenario?
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-24 19:42:25  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
If it's impossible, then why do we base and state facts off of hypothetical perfect scenarios and intend for them to passed along as truths that can only be proven accurate in a perfect and ideal scenario?

Damn you really are a moron...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-24 19:50:30  
I'm a moron because you're one in example who basis his information purely on on perfect scenarios?
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-24 19:59:14  

What we hold to be true is that the PERCEIVED or EXPECTED results are FACT given the observed circumstances. While the ACTUAL results may be different, in order to perceive those actual results, we would have to be in PERFECT control of the scenario OR be a fortune teller/prophet. So instead, we mathematically calculate (to the best of our abilities) which probabilities are most likely. Like, in the last sentence of this paragraph, I intend for a period to end that sentence after I click on its respective key on this keyboard. However, this MAY NOT occur because I am not in perfect control of this scenario. My computer may freeze, my button may break. I may die before this is over, or just miss the key and hit submit without noticing.

Now, if we take data concerning some possible factors, like how much of a possibility a computer as old as mine and as used/worn as mine will freeze, how much of a possibility a "." button as old as mine and as used/worn as mine will break, how much of a possibility a person as old and healthy as me may die, and how much of a possibility a person of my experience and skill as a typist may miss that specific key we can guess that likelihood. And from that, it will be a FACT, that with those possibilities (if correctly measured), that I will (most likely) put a period there. Oh look! I did. Does that, in itself, change or mean anything? No, not really. Did my explanation provide all circumstances regarding that period's appearance? No. But it gives us a general idea, a perceived outcome.

You know what? I give up. You're a lost cause.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-03-24 20:10:02  
You are a moron because your logical perception have stopped to develop when you was 5 or maybe earlier.
Kut described this so clearly that even my cat nodded his head like he got it and yet you have failed to understand every single word from it.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-03-24 20:31:46  
It's less than 2% increase in chance though.

I understand the math, I'm just not comfortable with the probability aspect of it at all that can only be determined if you have a sample size of 100 -_-

Now as far as your remaining factors go down below, dandy.

It still doesn't take away form the fact that the % is so low that it may or may not proc.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-24 20:33:38  
Lost interest when you guys started talking about who is smarter. It's a video game.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-24 20:34:23  
Fupafighters said: »
Lost interest when you guys started talking about who is smarter. It's a video game.
Don't be upset because you weren't even nominated.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-24 20:46:18  
Looks like it might be a complex... Oh, and...
Fupafighters said: »
Thanks for your valuable input.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-24 20:51:02  
I figure since you guys can talk about who's computer would freeze less and blah blah, i could talk about random stuff too. I'm smarter than you all! lol :)
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-24 21:34:32  
amador?

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-24 21:37:13  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
amador?

I want that as my sig. :( this is why we need sigs.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-24 21:58:12  
And?

I haven't done new Nyzul. So I asked about it. If you had never done Nyzul and you saw it varied from NQ, +1, +2, +3 and so on. Would you assume they they required a trial?

Good stuff though ^-^; should post that whole convo.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-24 22:51:17  
what trail dose i take bro?
By Fupafighters 2012-03-24 23:13:12  
And?

I haven't done new Nyzul. So I asked about it. If you had never done Nyzul and you saw it varied from NQ, +1, +2, +3 and so on. Would you assume they they required a trial?

Good stuff though ^-^; should post that whole convo.
You could go type the name of the armor in and then read how to obtain.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-25 00:50:57  
all I know is that when I wear uthers grip I can do 5k against AV np
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-03-25 01:30:05  
We HAVE to use the average over time. There is no other way to measure gear vs gear.

Str vs DA rate is almost exactly like my WS choices.

The str grip has more consistent damage. (similar damage gains all the time)
DA is more variable or 'spikey' boost to damage. It does nothing, or it does a LOT (rarely).

I have a Ryunohige. With the 15 or 30% boost to drakes, drakes should average more damage than stardiver for me over time, but its strength over stardiver (for mythic owners) is still based on the crit rate. If i use 5 drakes in 1 fight, it is VERY possible that if i did 5 stardivers instead, the stars would do better if I just dont crit much on drakes. Just like you can use pole grip and on some fights it just wont be better than 4str. But then the next fight i get crits out the *** and drakes rapes stardiver. Similarly next fight you could get a lot of DA procs off grip and it would win handily.

No one in their right mind will say that stardiver is stronger than Ryu's 30% boosted drakes, even if stardiver is more 'consistent'. Just like adding a little str isnt better than a stronger, though less consistent, DA buff.

Heres the problem. We cant predict which way it is going to be before it happens. Because we dont have a crystal ball to see when the random elements like DA, crits and the like will trigger, we cant just adjust our gear. So what can we do about how we gear?

Theres 2 options:
Option 1- Play the safe card. Pick boosts with more consistent output. Str. Atk. Guranteed damage every time you hit even if it will avg less 'over time'. Say a dice roll range between 5-7.
Option 2- Pick the highest performing gear over time even if its variable. Crit rate, DA, QA, Acc etc. Some times a particular stat wont do anything, others it will, but over time you will do the most damage possible. Say a dice roll range between 1-20. 1-20 will avg higher than 5-7.

If you apply the argument you are making to EVERY stat it quickly unravels. Why should I add 10 acc to my TP set? How do I KNOW it will make me land an extra hit since its just 5% hit rate? I can add some str that is GURANTEED to raise my damage instead. You dont know when it will and wont help you because its randomly generated. But you want to do the most damage possible so you make sure you have your acc in check.

Gearing to be the strongest DD is just a giant dice game. Each individual aspect gets a roll with a random factor we cant control. Atk has the giant + - 0.2pdif and the 5% randomizer. Acc is random. can miss twice in a row with capped acc or hit 5x in a row with floored. Crits are random. DA is random. Fight lengths are random. Every aspect of our damage is just roling 10-20 dice every time we swing our weapon.

Gearing to the best of our ability is just stacking the deck in our favor for ALL the dice rolls we do. This whole game is just making your odds of doing what you want (kill things) better. You cant eliminate risk, so you just go balls to the walls stacked deck style and if you tweak enough stats in your favor, you have an EXCEPTIONALLY high probability of winning.

Separating out singlie aspects and saying "I REFUSE TO BE RANDOM about THIS ONE THING" doesnt do anything but turn your overall odds of doing more damage down. Instead of rolling a number between 1-20, your saying "i dont like the randomness" and making the roll 5-7. Sure you never roll a 1, but you are giving up 8-20. In the end your just hurting yourself for the sake of 'consistency' in a monsterously random world.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-25 01:43:44  
From my understanding Ryu > all lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [111 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-07-13 20:18:59  
Hey, necrobumping but I have a question. Any Drgs with gungnir 95-99 know if the def. down effect is more potent then compared to the lower level versions?

I know wiki says 17% across the board and BG doesn't say anything but just an extra bit of reassurance is good as atm I'm deciding between +2ing one of two relic hands I have.
 Fenrir.Frobos
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-07-13 20:26:15  
It stays the same.
By Xenshi 2012-07-13 20:27:54  
Soon hopefully they will put it in where Angon and the weapons defense down stack. Remember saying they were.
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-07-13 21:40:51  
Fenrir.Frobos said: »
It stays the same.
Many thanks.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-07-13 22:50:19  
Xenshi said: »
Soon hopefully they will put it in where Angon and the weapons defense down stack. Remember saying they were.

Don't listen to this guy he's just a lanky elvaan who thinks he looks cute with a FORK

But yes they were talking about it but who knows if they ever will allow it to be stacked
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-07-24 08:29:06  
To Gungnir owners or anyone that constantly parses with Gungnir dragoons:

What kind of numbers do you normally see with Stardiver on /war and /sam vs. higher tier voidwatch NMs? Also, where do they place on the parse next to other relic/mythic/empyrian DDs including mythic/empyrian dragoons?
By Ophannus 2012-07-24 19:23:08  
I've ran with a few Gungs before, I've seen them parse #1 in Provenance on all 3 fights but 3rd or so on watcher with Embrava 4x songs 4 rolls etc on all 3 fights. The thing is I suspect they parsed high in these fights due to higher hit rates rather than higher DD potential. Provenance mobs rank amongst the highest eva mobs in the entire game, most DDs parsed no higher than a 80% hit rate and some DDs who are still in abyssea mindsets who think (lolacc, my hit rate is capped yo) had trashed 68-75% hit rates. The relic DRG was parsing 92%(and he had craptons of acc: 40 on polearm,enif corazza, phorcys head, af3 feet etc, and aggressor and Stalwarts)and Provenance mobs are like level 120 with most likely around 500-550's in eva. They seemed better in longer fights than shorter fights, the shorter fights the DRG loses just due to the massive *** firepower that a Mighty Strikes Ragnarok WAR or a Souleater LR Ragnarok DRK can dish out in 30 seconds(i.e crazy 6.5k+ Resolutions etc). Stardivers with Gungnir seem to range in VW/Provenance in the mid-high 3ks with an occasional low-mid 4k thrown in for when they get DA/TA/QA procs or with full buffs+Angon+Dia III on a weaker VW like Tier 3/Zilart non Hahava-type mob.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-08-02 21:19:52  
Ophannus said: »
I've ran with a few Gungs before, I've seen them parse #1 in Provenance on all 3 fights but 3rd or so on watcher with Embrava 4x songs 4 rolls etc on all 3 fights. The thing is I suspect they parsed high in these fights due to higher hit rates rather than higher DD potential. Provenance mobs rank amongst the highest eva mobs in the entire game, most DDs parsed no higher than a 80% hit rate and some DDs who are still in abyssea mindsets who think (lolacc, my hit rate is capped yo) had trashed 68-75% hit rates. The relic DRG was parsing 92%(and he had craptons of acc: 40 on polearm,enif corazza, phorcys head, af3 feet etc, and aggressor and Stalwarts)and Provenance mobs are like level 120 with most likely around 500-550's in eva. They seemed better in longer fights than shorter fights, the shorter fights the DRG loses just due to the massive *** firepower that a Mighty Strikes Ragnarok WAR or a Souleater LR Ragnarok DRK can dish out in 30 seconds(i.e crazy 6.5k+ Resolutions etc). Stardivers with Gungnir seem to range in VW/Provenance in the mid-high 3ks with an occasional low-mid 4k thrown in for when they get DA/TA/QA procs or with full buffs+Angon+Dia III on a weaker VW like Tier 3/Zilart non Hahava-type mob.

According to some of the PUG pt Prov KI BC parse I had, DRG does has a bit higher acc, but other DD isn't THAT much lower than DRG. No offense, but sounds more like other DDs are doing wrong.Personally I wouldn't say it's very big advantage over other DD.(Not trying to trash DRG)

http://pastebin.com/Xn84xhF9 (Other name changed to jobs to protect privacy)

This DRG doesn't has as high WS avg as 3~4k, but other DD's(besides that WAR) accuracy wasn't too far behind also. No acc song/roll was used.

Apoc DRK:90%
Rag DRK #1:93%
Relic DRG:97%
SAM:96%
Rag DRK #2:89%

Also pretty sure I've seen DRK WAR got capped acc on legion harpy boss also.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-08-03 16:27:00  
Meld said: »
Quote:
According to some of the PUG pt Prov KI BC parse I had, DRG does has a bit higher acc, but other DD isn't THAT much lower than DRG. No offense, but sounds more like other DDs are doing wrong.Personally I wouldn't say it's very big advantage over other DD.(Not trying to trash DRG)

it's probably because it was the first mob they ever wiff at in awhile and didn't really come prepared with some other acc/haste setup. but i was still surprised ixion/behemoth were pretty evasive no matter what with just one madrigal song as an acc buff. but whatever i suppose its not so bad with gear prepared for it.

and personally i never seen anyone with acc issues for as long as stalwarts was around.

We just use chaos+Hunters+mad(since 2nd mad is pretty weak compare with hunters) for Ixion/Behemoth. If you have a THF you can also feint. It's not THAT bad if prepared.
By Ophannus 2012-08-03 23:03:35  
Hahavas are basically skeletons so they take reduced damage to piercing.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7