First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-19 18:26:40  
Nabis said: »
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
idk if this ws will be any good to mithra's unless u merit vit but then again still going to be low compared to galka/elvan
lol

yea man vit 83 + 100% mod means ur ws suck compared to 100 base vit
I highly doubt there's a difference of 17 base VIT :|
FFXI Stat Calc projects 83 VIT for Mithra WAR/SAM, but 89 for Elvaan, and 93 for Galka.

In the event that this calculation is wrong, you're still implying that race is the primary determinant of one's performance, which has been debunked since level 11.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-19 18:36:10  
@Level 10 though, Taru is clearly the best race for everything.
[+]
By Nabis 2011-12-19 18:39:33  
idk if this ws will be any good to mithra's unless u merit vit but then again still going to be low compared to galka/elvan
lol

yea man vit 83 + 100% mod means ur ws suck compared to 100 base vit
I highly doubt there's a difference of 17 base VIT :|
FFXI Stat Calc projects 83 VIT for Mithra WAR/SAM, but 89 for Elvaan, and 93 for Galka.

In the event that this calculation is wrong, you're still implying that race is the primary determinant of one's performance, which has been debunked since level 11.

well duh if they merit it... it will be! lol j/k
By Nabis 2011-12-19 18:47:48  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
about?
I'm so confused.
about?
Quoted what confused me.

The difference between the races won't make or break a WS.

i never got to ask did the whole set confuse u? or certin pieces?
well if its just certin pieces then i just dont have better options and the rest was my ukko set
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-19 19:00:01  
This is an absolutely perfect example of why race doesn't matter. You may be Galka, or whatever, but the Mithra isn't going to Upheaval in crit damage feet, or calm subligar, or +2 body, etc etc
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
サーバ: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2011-12-19 19:04:54  
This is an absolutely perfect example of why race doesn't matter. You may be Galka, or whatever, but the Mithra isn't going to Upheaval in crit damage feet, or calm subligar, or +2 body, etc etc
You get a rare + from me.

And this is also why you should only pick taru forever. :3
[+]
By Fumiku 2011-12-19 19:07:19  
quote] well, what is your gearset?[/quote]

Got alot to work on. seen some things I definatly need to get.....
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-19 19:33:17  
about?
I'm so confused.
about?
Quoted what confused me.

The difference between the races won't make or break a WS.

i never got to ask did the whole set confuse u? or certin pieces?
well if its just certin pieces then i just dont have better options and the rest was my ukko set

prolly because its a VIT heavy ws and ur gear is mostly STR which isnt a good "Test" of the ws.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-12-19 19:38:28  
Im 3/5 testing in this I am aware there is more Vit I can get but was making sure it wasnt pure Vit versus double attack and str as well. The more I go double attack and vit are it strongest boosters. Highest yet at 3/5 is 6078 with 2hr on lizards. I ran out of monster hp so need a new target.
By Fumiku 2011-12-19 19:40:58  
SO let me ask are peoples numbers with two hour?

Or are some with and some without?
 Asura.Lokimaru
サーバ: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2011-12-19 19:45:16  
Let's see some Upheavals with the VIT+9 PDT G.axe :D
By Nabis 2011-12-19 20:13:14  
Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
Im 3/5 testing in this I am aware there is more Vit I can get but was making sure it wasnt pure Vit versus double attack and str as well. The more I go double attack and vit are it strongest boosters. Highest yet at 3/5 is 6078 with 2hr on lizards. I ran out of monster hp so need a new target.

look at my pic on page 2

Fumiku said: »
SO let me ask are peoples numbers with two hour?

Or are some with and some without?

pic on page 2

trust me i wish i had the perfect Vit/str/DA/att build but thats the best i got atm will work on better

idk if this ws will destroy ukko outside as i will find out when i can but will not be anytime soon. (under 2hr) but somthing i am wondering will kitty pants with crt dmg+ and +1 heca hands with crt dmg+ be better than af2+2 legs with +DA dmg and af2+2 hands losing vit.

is it the same as above with the
"ITT: a few stat points makes or breaks a ws?"

making anything with +crt dmg gear worth it for a quick rape face moment?
 Carbuncle.Seankp
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Seankp
By Carbuncle.Seankp 2011-12-20 12:28:00  
Just for some reference for people...

I did Pil last night, 3 runs. I used Upheaval a few times without Mighty Strikes between using Ukko's. My gear set for Upheaval sucks, but I had some pretty respectable numbers. I had some lows of 800ish damage, but I also had some highs of 2200 and 2400. Pil dispels often, so it's hard to pin point exactly what buffs I had for each WS.

Granted... compared to my Ukko's, I was able to get as high as 3.5k.

I'll be working on my gear set for Upheaval more the rest of the week and hoping to see some higher, more consistent solid numbers. Got Jingang Greaves last night from the KCNM and going to be working on farming Forgotten Journey for AF2+2 legs and Oneiros Pebble soon.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-20 12:56:37  
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Let's see some Upheavals with the VIT+9 PDT G.axe :D

Seriously considering doing one just to break from the Empyrean grind and because I've never done a "normal" Magian weapon.

Would be a fun toy, at least, though once I'm a bit refreshed from the Visions/Scars glut I've done in the last three months I'll probably do an Ukonvasara.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-20 18:48:33  
So I'll ask again since this was derailed into some trivial "which race matters" argument.

But has someone ran the numbers to see if this (substantially) outperforms Ukkos during Mighty Strikes?
By Nabis 2011-12-20 19:16:33  
Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
So I'll ask again since this was derailed into some trivial "which race matters" argument.

But has someone ran the numbers to see if this (substantially) outperforms Ukkos during Mighty Strikes?

it has a higher mod than ukko's and is forced crt why use ukko which is 2hit vs 4hit?
300% ukko > all buffs/2hr > upheaval > 2hr off bk to ukko's
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2011-12-20 19:21:12  

It's ok, I guess.
By Nabis 2011-12-20 21:37:21  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

It's ok, I guess.

what ws set you use and was this under 2hr
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-23 13:43:32  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

It's ok, I guess.

It'd be interesting to know what setup you were using and if you had 2H and/or Ukon's AM up.

I'm not done meriting Upheaval yet, but from the gear I have available I am going to try this setup:

I'm tempted to get a windbuffet belt to fool around with but eh..
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-12-23 14:18:17  
Whats does having AM up have to do with his upheaval dmg?
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-23 14:20:34  
Bismarck.Vize said: »
i decided to log on the test server and i have mixed feelings about this weaponskill

i geared specificlly for the vit mod that it uses although i did not choose any vit atma when i attemped this and the best dmg i was able to get out of it was 3100 to 3500 on athamas

i used a widowmaker and warwolf belt and are's cuirass and i forget what gloves but they had str dex and vit +5 each on them on test server u cant go out of your way to buy stuff ya know and twilight helm rest of my gear was just filled out with the usual war str gears in place

i then changed back to normal str gears and the dmg dropped to about 2700 on the same mob

are u guys experiencing this also that Upheaval is dissappointing if u dont have alot of vit gear or do i simply just need to use vit atma for better results

on a side note ....... on the real servers i do not own an are's cuirass so would need to find a suitable body in it place

¿dónde están los resultados de análisis?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-23 14:20:37  
Nothing actually. I'm so tired I wrote AM when I meant BR with 2h up..
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2011-12-23 21:26:27  
I'm using this set at the moment:

Could stack more VIT, but i don't have the invo, so meh.

Also, a new personal best for myself. My highest before this was 6400 Ukko's on Pil. Did 5 in this fight for 5028, 6119, 6394, 6900 and 7200, it died before BR wore off :3

Ragnarok.Shaay
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2011-12-23 21:29:50  
haha dusty wing! <3
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-12-23 22:23:16  
What buffs did you have up for that 7200? Under Mighty strikes or no?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-23 22:47:07  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
What buffs did you have up for that 7200? Under Mighty strikes or no?

Yeah I seriously need to know, Going to do Resolution 5/5 Ruinator 5/5 and Stardiver 5/5 if Upheaval is lack luster.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2011-12-23 22:56:07  
Yeah, it was mighty strikes. It's pretty terrible w/o it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-24 00:13:05  
So I shouldn't have any regrets with the trio of weaponskills above?
 Sylph.Biginallways
サーバ: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-12-24 00:50:18  

This was without mighty strikes. I was using berserk and warcry. It's far from pitiful when geared properly. Don't ignore the modifier and stack str instead of vit. There is plenty of gear with both str and vit. Also, stick to ravager's mask+2 over twilight helm for obvious reasons. I had just completed ares's cuirass the night before we farmed sea. You can take a look at my upheaval set on my profile. It's still missing af2+2 hands and legs as well as tp bonus moonshade earring, and I've hit consistantly high numbers with the WS. I didn't test it in voidwatch or abyssea b/c it would be unrealistic to do so with atma and/or stalwarts tonics, etc.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17