Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-17 23:15:44  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Bismarck.Vize said: »
Upheaval thoughts

Upheaval is OK. I tend to favor small maps but for some reason I always do pretty well on Upheaval. Be ready with a set that either has bouncing Bettys or bomb squad - Bettys if you plan on sniping/camping your *** off, bomb squad if you are the kind of player that likes to rush like crazy and bust all those pussy snipers.

Weapon selection can be somewhat of a dilemma on this map, as any weapon will do fine as long as you pick and choose the locations of your encounters to favor your weapon. Not unlike any other map, I prefer either the STG-44 or the MP40 due to their versatility.

Mad respect for anyone not wooshed by this.
Got confused til I read bouncing bettys lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-17 23:25:18  
Yay someone!!! :D
By Nabis 2011-12-18 23:02:32  

2hr,rcb,RR/SS/Apoc,300% tp sek > dusty wing

race mithra
vit 83+77
str 102+132
att capped

and 3/5 on the ws going to capp it but idk if i should
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-18 23:06:41  
Nabis said: »
I'm so confused.
By Nabis 2011-12-18 23:16:01  
about?
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
I'm so confused.
about?
By Nabis 2011-12-18 23:17:52  
idk if this ws will be any good to mithra's unless u merit vit but then again still going to be low compared to galka/elvan
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-18 23:25:30  
about?
I'm so confused.
about?
Quoted what confused me.

idk if this ws will be any good to mithra's unless u merit vit but then again still going to be low compared to galka/elvan
The difference between the races won't make or break a WS.
 Sylph.Biginallways
サーバ: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-12-19 05:12:29  

Hey, since I hadn't seen anything promising in this thread so I went 5/5 on Upheaval and let me just start by saying it's pretty awesome. All of the screenshots are of damage outside of abyssea. The only screenshot in which Mighty Strikes was used is the Absolute Virtue kill. It's the first weaponskill I've ever seen break 4k on AV btw. All the rest of the screenshots are with hasso and some with berserk. My weaponskill set is nowhere close to optimal as I'm missing Ares's Cuirass, Warrior's Mufflers +2, Warrior's Cuisses +2, and Moonshade earring but I've posted it for reference > Your text to link here.... It is a very powerful WS and does well on high defense mobs as well. I honestly can't wait to optimize my WS set. Hope these screenshots helped a bit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-12-19 08:27:59  
Yes these are the numbers i was looking for Upheaval, i have just about every vit item possible so i will be making a gear set on ah, too bad i have to wait about 5 more months till my deployment is over to test it myself -_-
ok heres the set i came up with everything is legit expect for the terrasooul ring and jingang greaves will do the bcnm for it, the relic will be +2 eventually

Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-19 10:16:06  
Sylph.Biginallways said: »
Fixed for ya
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-12-19 11:15:42  
I forgot about spiral ring, but why would you choose ares gaunlets and jingang hose over warrior mufflers and cuisses +2, i can understand Twilight mail not everyone can get Ares Cuirass.
 Carbuncle.Seankp
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Seankp
By Carbuncle.Seankp 2011-12-19 12:08:41  
That's not a "best" set for the WS. That's his current set he used for the pics above. He tried posting his set, but it didn't work in his post so someone did it for him.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-12-19 12:12:56  
Oh i see sorry if i was too critical lol and being said if he was using that as his currently ws set still nice numbers
 Ragnarok.Kirah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kirahh
By Ragnarok.Kirah 2011-12-19 13:22:46  
What about Dilaram's Sollerets instead Jing feet ? does -crit % afftect the ws alot ?
I'm too lazy to exp atm and didn't unlocked ws yet :P
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-19 13:26:06  
Ragnarok.Kirah said: »
What about Dilaram's Sollerets instead Jing feet ? does -crit % afftect the ws alot ?
I'm too lazy to exp atm and didn't unlocked ws yet :P
Dilaram would be better. Upheaval can't natively crit, so the -crit rate doesn't matter.

Edit: Believe this would be the best set, possibly switching out Twilight helm for emp+2.

Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-19 13:34:32  
I'm curious has anyone actually done the math to verify 5/5 Upheaval beats Ukko's Fury during MS? I'm trying to see if I wanna cap the WS out just for Mighty Strikes. Wanted to see if anyone already has a spreadsheet worked out before I attempt to math out all the variables.
 Carbuncle.Seankp
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Seankp
By Carbuncle.Seankp 2011-12-19 15:38:53  
It's a matter of personal preference in my opinion on a few slots.

For example...

Head: Twilight Helm vs Ravager's +2 - Do you want a slightly better consistent WS with less Acc on Twilight, or do you use Ravager's for more Acc to land all 4 hits and an increase chance to Double attack for much higher spikes more often?

Body: Shadow/Valkyrie Breastplate Vs Ares Vs Twilight - Same deal here, Twilight for more Acc or Ares for highest consistent... or get flash and Augment Shadow/Valkyrie with Triple Attack for some crazy spikes?

Feet: Dilaram's Vs Jingang - 3str/3vit/16att vs Double Att+2%, again, consistent WS or more frequent spikes?

I love my double attack, I stack it as much as I can for my TP set and ws set. I like leaning toward that option, but... in this case of a 4hit ws maybe the higher base consistency would be the best option?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-19 15:42:07  
lol
[+]
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-12-19 16:57:44  
Thanks for the responses guys, and yes I know my WS set is far from optimal at the moment. I'm working on it! For an average WS set I was putting out very good numbers though. This is what I wanted everyone to see. Thanks again for all the feedback!
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-19 17:12:39  
Carbuncle.Seankp said: »

For example...

Head: Twilight Helm vs Ravager's +2 - Do you want a slightly better consistent WS with less Acc on Twilight, or do you use Ravager's for more Acc to land all 4 hits and an increase chance to Double attack for much higher spikes more often?

Body: Shadow/Valkyrie Breastplate Vs Ares Vs Twilight - Same deal here, Twilight for more Acc or Ares for highest consistent... or get flash and Augment Shadow/Valkyrie with Triple Attack for some crazy spikes?

Feet: Dilaram's Vs Jingang - 3str/3vit/16att vs Double Att+2%, again, consistent WS or more frequent spikes?

I love my double attack, I stack it as much as I can for my TP set and ws set. I like leaning toward that option, but... in this case of a 4hit ws maybe the higher base consistency would be the best option?
Can't really have a personal preference on weather or not something is better. Only reason I list multiple is because I don't know which would win. But sure, there may be situational pieces.
I forgot about Valk body though, with high enough TA it would probably beat out Ares'.
By Nabis 2011-12-19 17:17:31  
windbuffet belt, Oneiros Ring
;D super spikes woot
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-12-19 17:21:03  

For example...

Can't really have a personal preference on weather or not something is better. Only reason I list multiple is because I don't know which would win. But sure, there may be situational pieces.
I forgot about Valk body though, with high enough TA it would probably beat out Ares'.

For example...

If I'm lucky enough to see the abjuration drop from Odin next week I'll try out Valk body and let you guys know what the numbers are. As it stands I'm working on a tp bonus moonshade earring and War Mufflers +2 and War Cuisses +2 as well as 2/3 on ares's cuirass. I've got my work cut out for me.
By Nabis 2011-12-19 17:23:36  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
lol

yea man vit 83 + 100% mod means ur ws suck compared to 100 base vit
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-19 17:37:10  
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-12-19 17:48:38  
~_________~

Is my Ukko now useless because of this WS?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-19 17:48:40  
ITT: A few stat points makes or breaks a ws.
[+]
 Cerberus.Virgil
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Virgil 2011-12-19 17:54:31  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
~_________~

Is my Ukko now useless because of this WS?

Do you have Bravura? Or Conqueror which is definately the best G.Axe out there now?
By Fumiku 2011-12-19 18:11:00  
~_________~ Is my Ukko now useless because of this WS?

quoted wrong guy, was supposed to quote something along the lines "a couple of stat points make or break a ws"

This is probably so true...... My ws on upheaval is no where near what you guys have......

I have lows of 800 and highs of 2300 in abyssea...... 1600 seems to be my average..... Need to work on gear it seems. I thought this would an awsome upgrade for my warrior since I don't plan on doing ukkos....

But RR seems to be a stronger on average...

I do like being able to skillchain compression though with RR and UH...
By Nabis 2011-12-19 18:22:44  
idk if this ws will destroy ukko outside as i will find out when i can but will not be anytime soon. (under 2hr) but somthing i am wondering will kitty pants with crt dmg+ and +1 heca hands with crt dmg+ be better than af2+2 legs with +DA dmg and af2+2 hands losing vit.

is it the same as above with the
"ITT: a few stat points makes or breaks a ws?"

making anything with +crt dmg gear worth it for a quick rape face moment?
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-19 18:26:18  
Fumiku said: »
~_________~ Is my Ukko now useless because of this WS?

quoted wrong guy, was supposed to quote something along the lines "a couple of stat points make or break a ws"

This is probably so true...... My ws on upheaval is no where near what you guys have......

I have lows of 800 and highs of 2300 in abyssea...... 1600 seems to be my average..... Need to work on gear it seems. I thought this would an awsome upgrade for my warrior since I don't plan on doing ukkos....

But RR seems to be a stronger on average...

I do like being able to skillchain compression though with RR and UH...
well, what is your gearset?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17